NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

ariza will have no impact if he comes back

How many games you watch? The addition of Ariza is what will get LA over the hump. The dude ain't scared of nothing.

yeah, that 5.5/3.1 he's averaged this year will really make or break a team full of superstars.
    i don't know why you hang on the dude's nuts so much, other than that he wears a Lakers uni. Athletic shoot-first forwards that put up shitty numbers off the bench is something the league could use less of, not more.

get back to your playpen.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

I think Devin's teammates also call him "Milkface".

Our offense is putrid lately w/out that dude.

Fingers are crossed. Kidd will bring some electricity. DAre I say, a bit of swag?

swag with knees made of glass, yeah.
    you are on to something here, as much as i would like to see this make Dallas a better team, I don't think it will because of a couple things you point out: the Mav's O w/o devin is sucking, big time. Kidd brings many things, (dimes, long boards, smarts, etc.) but one-man-offense is not one of them. If the Dallas players can figure out how to get open and if they are hitting shots, Kidd will greatly benefit the team. However, in a Dallas sans-Harris, that's a lot of "if's".

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

ariza will have no impact if he comes back

How many games you watch? The addition of Ariza is what will get LA over the hump. The dude ain't scared of nothing.

yeah, that 5.5/3.1 he's averaged this year will really make or break a team full of superstars.
    i don't know why you hang on the dude's nuts so much, other than that he wears a Lakers uni. Athletic shoot-first forwards that put up shitty numbers off the bench is something the league could use less of, not more.

get back to your playpen.

You're a joke. x2000

• I think Devin's teammates also call him "Milkface".

Our offense is putrid lately w/out that dude.

Fingers are crossed. Kidd will bring some electricity. DAre I say, a bit of swag?

swag with knees made of glass, yeah.
    you are on to something here, as much as i would like to see this make Dallas a better team, I don't think it will because of a couple things you point out: the Mav's O w/o devin is sucking, big time. Kidd brings many things, (dimes, long boards, smarts, etc.) but one-man-offense is not one of them. If the Dallas players can figure out how to get open and if they are hitting shots, Kidd will greatly benefit the team. However, in a Dallas sans-Harris, that's a lot of "if's".

It's a roll of the dice. I think Kidd > Devin in terms of making teammates better. Who said something about intangibles?

The NBA landscape constantly shifts, save for in San Antonio. This group had its chances, lord did it. I woulda been content to ride that out again but this isn't the worst move ever either and maybe they come up 7. They will be more fun to watch I think. Who's your trifecta in the L? Well now ours is Dirk/Kidd/Josh. We'll see.

It's basically Devin and Diop. Love Stack but Kidd can replace most of what he brings.

Malik Allen, anyone?

• Some other Kidd trade whispers...

-Nets to buy out Stack. Stack to return to Dallas in 30 days.

- Rumor the Mavs will swing Allen, Wright and picks to Memphis for Miller.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I think this is a good move for the Mavs. They weren't really impressing anyone this year with some bad losses but still a winning record. They appeard to be one of the top teams in the West but not one that I would count to go to the Finals. Now they might have a chance.

Also of interest is how this will change the Mavs' offense. The more devoted followers that get to see more games than I do during the regular season on cable might have to correct me on this, but it seemed like a lot of their offense was pick and roll and one on one isolations. Kidd brings a whole nother dynamic, namely, a real point guard to that team because Harris and Terry were scorers more than people that looked to set others up.

• it seemed like a lot of their offense was pick and roll and one on one isolations.

Yup.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Not so fast ya'll...

Mavs forward George blocks trade of Kidd to Mavs[/b]

By Marc Stein
    ESPN.com

With the New Jersey Nets poised to complete a blockbuster deal to send Jason Kidd back to Dallas on Wednesday night, Mavericks reserve forward Devean George has unexpectedly exercised his right to block the trade, according to NBA front-office sources. Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that the teams verbally agreed to the deal earlier Wednesday and were preparing to submit the trade for league approval when George informed the Mavericks that he wouldn't consent to being included in the deal, which is his right based on a rare provision in his one-year contract.

(read more)

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Not so fast ya'll...

Mavs forward George blocks trade of Kidd to Mavs[/b]

By Marc Stein
    ESPN.com

With the New Jersey Nets poised to complete a blockbuster deal to send Jason Kidd back to Dallas on Wednesday night, Mavericks reserve forward Devean George has unexpectedly exercised his right to block the trade, according to NBA front-office sources. Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that the teams verbally agreed to the deal earlier Wednesday and were preparing to submit the trade for league approval when George informed the Mavericks that he wouldn't consent to being included in the deal, which is his right based on a rare provision in his one-year contract.

(read more)

Amazing....George was asking last week to "play me or trade me".

I guess Jersey is NBA hell.

The trade will still go down.....believe it.

• I had heard George was playing tonite, thought it just meant they'd pulled off the deal w/out him. Interesting to see how this plays out now.

I had heard George was playing tonite, thought it just meant they'd pulled off the deal w/out him. Interesting to see how this plays out now.

Diop is playing too

• I had heard George was playing tonite, thought it just meant they'd pulled off the deal w/out him. Interesting to see how this plays out now.

Diop is playing too

Hmmm. I Tivo'd the game, just got back from dinner. Guess I better go see what's what.....

GP.....the next few days will be fun here in Dallas if this goes down....the Ticket has already brought out all the Anti-Kidd songs and bits they did when he left town last time.....some pretty unflattering stuff.

Just got off the phone with my brother in Atlanta who is a bigger Mav's fan than I will ever be.....he doesn't like the trade.

But I need the SS Hoops experts to help settle a debate we are having...

If you had a choice between Devin Harris or Brandon Roy who do you pick??

• devean george pulling kobe moves ... what a joke

how the fuck did that dude get a veto clause in his contract anyway ??

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    GP.....the next few days will be fun here in Dallas if this goes down....the Ticket has already brought out all the Anti-Kidd songs and bits they did when he left town last time.....some pretty unflattering stuff.

Just got off the phone with my brother in Atlanta who is a bigger Mav's fan than I will ever be.....he doesn't like the trade.

Brandon Roy. I think he can do more than Harris out on the court. Harris just seemed like he could do one thing, he did it good, but it was only one thing, drive past his man off the dribble. Roy is a better shooter and passer.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Brandon Roy. I think he can do more than Harris out on the court. Harris just seemed like he could do one thing, he did it good, but it was only one thing, drive past his man off the dribble. Roy is a better shooter and passer.

Roy is a leader.

devean george pulling kobe moves ... what a joke

how the fuck did that dude get a veto clause in his contract anyway ??

hahaha. hilarious!

Roy has the better overall game. I'd take him.

im simulating the New Lakers vs the New Mavs and Dallas were up at the haff.

Kidd Deal Blocked

I'm still laughing at this. Deavan George!!!

My brother hit me with this great trivia question too....

Jason Kidd has 61 triple doubles as a Net which is the team record.

What Net is second behind Kidd??

Kidd Deal Blocked

I'm still laughing at this. Deavan George!!!

Devean is 0 for 10 from the field so far tonight.

Super Williams?

• My brother hit me with this great trivia question too....

i'm guessing julius erving ??

Super Williams?

Nope....not even Super John Williamson....the answer will shock you.

Here's a clue....Assists was NOT one of the triples.

Buck Williams?

the answer will shock you.

• Chauffeurkillin' Jason Williams?

Derrick Coleman?

Keith Van Horn!

• My brother hit me with this great trivia question too....

kevin porter ?