NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• ALARM BELLS DUN RANG AND PALMS ARE CLAMMIER THAN EVAR:

KOBE NEEDS SURGERY!
    http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/080214kobeinjury.html

It's a good handicap for the Lakers. It gives Phoenix and Dallas a chance now.

okay, i'll give in. This hurts.

So if K.O.B.E. can't play in the all-star game who gets voted in?

Manu?
    Baron?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Rumor has it Denver wants to get in on the west cost trade-stravaganza by trading Eduardo Najera, Linas Kleiza and Von Wafer to Memphis for Mike Miller, or another version of the same trade with J. R. Smith going instead of Kleiza. What do ya'll thibk, hot or not? (I think the Nuggets should do it)

Miller is arguably the best white American born player in the league....that being said I love Najera and the energy he brings from the bench.....but if Miller is in a situation where he's the 4th or 5th option with an open jump shot he's deadly.....it's just that now in Memphis he's the #2 option and is not very good at creating his own shot.

If what Denver is lacking is a guy to bury a three or come off the bench for some instant offense, Miller will work.

Miller should be starting somewhere. And w/ the BlackHole that is A.I. plus the need to get Melo his shots I dont see how Miller fits into Denver lineup.

Unless

The Answer - back at Point
    Mike Miller - Shooting G
    Melo - SF
    Martin - 4
    Camby - Center

This still doesnt answer the defensive woes that team has. Outside of Camby erryone else is

• Rumor has it Denver wants to get in on the west cost trade-stravaganza by trading Eduardo Najera, Linas Kleiza and Von Wafer to Memphis for Mike Miller, or another version of the same trade with J. R. Smith going instead of Kleiza. What do ya'll thibk, hot or not? (I think the Nuggets should do it)

Miller is arguably the best white American born player in the league....that being said I love Najera and the energy he brings from the bench.....but if Miller is in a situation where he's the 4th or 5th option with an open jump shot he's deadly.....it's just that now in Memphis he's the #2 option and is not very good at creating his own shot.

If what Denver is lacking is a guy to bury a three or come off the bench for some instant offense, Miller will work.

Miller should be starting somewhere. And w/ the BlackHole that is A.I. plus the need to get Melo his shots I dont see how Miller fits into Denver lineup.

Unless

The Answer - back at Point
    Mike Miller - Shooting G
    Melo - SF
    Martin - 4
    Camby - Center

This still doesnt answer the defensive woes that team has. Outside of Camby erryone else is

Another hot rumour is Nene to Sacramento for Artest straight up. But in spite of Artest's defensive skills I don't think this would make Denver that much better on D. There just isn't an overall team commitment to defense in Colorado.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    More Kidd trade complications...this is what happens with players get pampered; NOBODY wants to leave the nest.

Friday, February 15, 2008
    Sources: Stackhouse's hint at return to Big D raises eyebrows[/b]

By Chris Broussard
    ESPN The Magazine

Devean George's refusal to consent to being traded to the New Jersey Nets is not the only hindrance to the Jason Kidd-to-Dallas deal, according to several league sources.

Although there has been no public comment from the NBA on the matter, sources say that league officials are not pleased with Jerry Stackhouse's brazen announcement that he would soon return for a Mavericks playoff run if traded to New Jersey.

"I get 30 days to rest, then I'll be right back,'' Stackhouse told The Associated Press on Wednesday in response to the proposed trade. "I ain't going nowhere."

Stackhouse is referring to the widely reported assumption that New Jersey would immediately buy him out of his contract, which would allow him to re-sign with another team. Stackhouse's preference is to return to Dallas, but according to league rules he'd have to wait at least 30 days.

The 30-day rule was added to the league's collective bargaining agreement as a response to a trade between Boston and Atlanta in 2005. In that deal, Boston sent Gary Payton to Atlanta to reacquire Antoine Walker with the understanding that the Hawks would immediately waive Payton, who then re-signed with Boston three days later.

The league frowned on this move, and instituted the 30-day rule. By flouting the rule so publicly, Stackhouse may have given the league no choice but to eliminate him from the deal or prevent the Mavericks from re-signing him.

"If Stackhouse had kept quiet, the league wouldn't have been able to prove anything,'' one Western Conference executive said. "Now, it's obvious that he talked to Mark Cuban about coming back to the Mavericks.''

(read more)

• More Kidd trade complications...this is what happens with players get pampered; NOBODY wants to leave the nest.

By Chris Broussard
    ESPN The Magazine

Devean George's refusal to consent to being traded to the New Jersey Nets is not the only hindrance to the Jason Kidd-to-Dallas deal, according to several league sources.

Although there has been no public comment from the NBA on the matter, sources say that league officials are not pleased with Jerry Stackhouse's brazen announcement that he would soon return for a Mavericks playoff run if traded to New Jersey.

"I get 30 days to rest, then I'll be right back,'' Stackhouse told The Associated Press on Wednesday in response to the proposed trade. "I ain't going nowhere."

Stackhouse is referring to the widely reported assumption that New Jersey would immediately buy him out of his contract, which would allow him to re-sign with another team. Stackhouse's preference is to return to Dallas, but according to league rules he'd have to wait at least 30 days.

The 30-day rule was added to the league's collective bargaining agreement as a response to a trade between Boston and Atlanta in 2005. In that deal, Boston sent Gary Payton to Atlanta to reacquire Antoine Walker with the understanding that the Hawks would immediately waive Payton, who then re-signed with Boston three days later.

The league frowned on this move, and instituted the 30-day rule. By flouting the rule so publicly, Stackhouse may have given the league no choice but to eliminate him from the deal or prevent the Mavericks from re-signing him.

"If Stackhouse had kept quiet, the league wouldn't have been able to prove anything,'' one Western Conference executive said. "Now, it's obvious that he talked to Mark Cuban about coming back to the Mavericks.''

(read more)

Yeah, read this early today. The only problem is Stack running his mouth, cos this type of stuff does go on. Seems like letting teams fleece other teams in the L through wack trades affects the competitive balance more.

But yeah, Cuban and them have fucked up the money. Hope they can fix it.

• More Kidd trade complications...this is what happens with players get pampered; NOBODY wants to leave the nest.

By Chris Broussard
    ESPN The Magazine

(read more)

Yeah, read this early today. The only problem is Stack running his mouth, cos this type of stuff does go on. Seems like letting teams fleece other teams in the L through wack trades affects the competitive balance more.

But yeah, Cuban and them have fucked up the money. Hope they can fix it.

I still think that the trade will go through somehow. Jason Williams will be the grumpiest Net ever if they don't make it work. The whole thing is making Dallas management look less than competent.

• Bibby to the Hawks.

• That's a good move for the Hawks. They should at least make the playoffs now.

I NEED A YUICHI LIVE-BLOG ON ALL-STAR SATURDAY NIGHT.

• Laimbeer looked goofy as hell.

• Yeah I thought it was a good look for ATL as well.

I've always liked Bibby's game.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    That's a good move for the Hawks. They should at least make the playoffs now.

I'm gonna live blog the dunk contest here........Boddington's will help.

Yeah I thought it was a good look for ATL as well.

The brothers in Sac are cleaning house.....Artest is supposedly available.

• That's a good move for the Hawks. They should at least make the playoffs now.

Right on man. I'll be around. It's a shitty (weather) night in Austin.

The big men winning the "shooters" competition was a good look.

HEY ROCK, YOU LOVE THIS BEER COMMERCIAL W/ THIN LIZZY "JAILBREAK", RIGHT?

overplayed here.

• I almost flew down to Dallas yesterday with wifey for her mom's 60th.

I would be seeking refuge at one of your pads right now.

I guess it'll have to wait until fall!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Yeah I thought it was a good look for ATL as well.

The brothers in Sac are cleaning house.....Artest is supposedly available.

Artest and or Mike Miller to the SUNS = ulimate game over. It'll never happen though, too pricey.

I almost flew down to Dallas yesterday with wifey for her mom's 60th.

I would be seeking refuge at one of your pads right now.

I guess it'll have to wait until fall!

Anytime.....I'm out in the sticks.

Heineken and Hite over here, sorting some findz, some parma goldfish and some sushi and the night is complete

• HEY ROCK, YOU LOVE THIS BEER COMMERCIAL W/ THIN LIZZY "JAILBREAK", RIGHT?

overplayed here.

Naw....I know....just joking. I thought you didn't like that era of Tha Lizz.

overplayed here.

Naw....I know....just joking. I thought you didn't like that era of Tha Lizz.

No...I love all of Thin Lizzy's stuff....just hate that 2 of their worst songs get 99% of their airplay.

DERON WILLIAMS = NEW SKILLZ RECORD!!!!!!!!

Deron vs. Paul two best young PG's in the game

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    You really consider "Jailbreak" one of their worst songs?

DERON WILLIAMS = NEW SKILLZ RECORD!!!!!!!!

Honestly, I take Williams to build a team around before Paul....dude is quick, strong, has a jumper, makes his team mates better and makes very few mistakes.

You really consider "Jailbreak" one of their worst songs?

Along with The Boys Are Back In Town.......admittedly it's most likely because they have been played/commercialized into oblivion for me.

I'll take Dirk in the 3

I'm with Chuck.....Howard in the Dunk contest with Moon close behind.

crazy

first round dunks were sick