NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• Good game..Baby Davis was solid. Y'all think the C's can maintain their D? If so seems like they could be the real deal..

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I think they'll need a more seasoned PG for the
    playoffs. Some teams have made Rondo look silly
    in losses, just blowing past him to the hole.

The way they have played when "big 3" guys have
    been out has been very encouraging, though. They
    are definitely more than just 3 guys and a bunch
    of stiffs. A healthy KG and they could make a run.

• I agrre about their PG situation, but Rondo def must be a nice suprise..Shit today he had 11 boards and 12 dimes or something like that..but if they get Cassell..man i've always liked his game

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    but if they get Cassell..man i've always liked his game

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I think they'll need a more seasoned PG for the
    playoffs. Some teams have made Rondo look silly
    in losses, just blowing past him to the hole.

The way they have played when "big 3" guys have
    been out has been very encouraging, though. They
    are definitely more than just 3 guys and a bunch
    of stiffs. A healthy KG and they could make a run.

Having KG is probably a blessing in disguise.
    Powe/Big Baby/Scalabrine and them can get some more minutes and learn how not to rely on KG.

Regardless, a team w/ Pierce and Allen shouldn't be shook at all.

I agree w/ having someone w/ playoff EXP to help out.
    If some like Cassell isnt available, then those Jacques Vaughns of the league couldnt hurt.

• Kidd going to the Mavs? Comments?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23148599/

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Kidd going to the Mavs? Comments?

The west is gonna be very interesting. When all is said and done, I just hope Bynum and Ariza return, and son everybody.

• Seems like the very best teams in the West are all switched in to "win it now" mode with their recent trades (and the rumored J. Kidd trade). There is going to be a changing of the guard in the next couple of years.

• I'd love to see a Lakers-Celtics finals.

Kidd going to the Mavs? Comments?

I think Cuban does this.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    Diop too? Aren't you guys short on big men?

• Devin Harris, Jerry Stackhouse, DeSegana Diop, Devean George

wow.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Devin Harris, Jerry Stackhouse, DeSegana Diop, Devean George

wow.

Devin Harris' best friends are two white girls who address him as "b!tch" ---True story; I seen it in Sports Illustrated

Intangibles

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

wow.

Plus two 1st round draft picks (2008/2010) and .

wow.

I admire Cuban's initiative with this trade, but I'd say the Mavs' long-term prospects have gotten worse.

The clock is ticking for both teams, and Los Angeles is regaining championship form.....

*although Detroit or Boston may actually come out and make all this irrelevant.

Gasol (Lakers) >>>>>> O'neal (Suns) >>>>>> Kidd (Mavs)

• Kidd is definitely in another league from any of the players the Mavs traded; I just wonder how their bench is gonna work now, Stack and George had some quality moments. Without Diop who do they have at the 5 besides Dampier?

I don't love the move but we had to do something....Devean George and Stackhouse are no big losses....Harris "may" become an all-star but the jury is still out. Diop will be missed but will give Brandon Bass some well deserved playing time....we will still need to go out and get a big man back-up unless this Malik Allen is worth a damn??

I don't love the move but we had to do something....Devean George and Stackhouse are no big losses....Harris "may" become an all-star but the jury is still out. Diop will be missed but will give Brandon Bass some well deserved playing time....we will still need to go out and get a big man back-up unless this Malik Allen is worth a damn??

Brandon Bass is a gonna be a solid player.

Kidd/Terry/Howard/Nowitzki/Dampier

vs

Fisher/Bryant/Odom/Gasol/Bynum

vs

Nash/Bell/Hill/Stoudamire/O'neal

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    both the suns and mavs were a bit hasty hitting the panic button in reaction to Gasol, methinks. If Dallas feels that they had to make a move, their options for bringing someone in were pretty limited. but in both cases, an aging star with a bloated contract..? the opportunities foregone (marion and the list of former dallas players) are not worth it. (marion put up 24/18(!!!) vs. one of the best rebounding teams in the L last night)

the whole "win this ring now" attitude is understandable, but i don't think either of these teams will actually see their moves pay off to that extent, and thus, are bad moves that will really screw with their payroll caps and their near-future championship chances-- short-sighted moves that in reality, will screw peaking players like nash and possibly dirk out of a ring, neither of whom are getting any younger.

kudos to the Los Angeles Kobe's-- they stole Gasol for literally nothing, and he's the only player in any of these three big trades that actually fits into the offense of his new team.

the Lakers are the team to beat right now in the West.

and with that (barring any other significant trades), a Championship prediction:(if bynum comes back, ariza will have no impact if he comes back)
    Beantown Jersey grabbin' speakin' in tongues vs. Hollywood K.O.B.E.'s

C's in 6

yay basketball.

I'll tell you this, I was a lot more confident with our previous healthy line-up (without Gasol). This new team is essentially figuring itself out in the remaining 30 or so games. Gasol can score, but Bynum has a lot more inside presence, especially on the defensive end.

ariza will have no impact if he comes back

How many games you watch? The addition of Ariza is what will get LA over the hump. The dude ain't scared of nothing.

I want to know if Memphis shopped Gasol around and decided Kwame Brown was the best they could get or if their GM is just an idiot?

The conspiracy theorists are saying the NBA facilitated the deal to bring back the Celtic/Laker rivalry

I'll tell you this, I was a lot more confident with our previous healthy line-up (without Gasol). This new team is essentially figuring itself out in the remaining 30 or so games. Gasol can score, but Bynum has a lot more inside presence, especially on the defensive end.

How many games you watch? The addition of Ariza is what will get LA over the hump. The dude ain't scared of nothing.

LOL

This is the type of science that they pay the boy to deliver!

Mavs cheerleaders: plaese to speak on the acquisition of Jason Kidd's moustache.

Remember: this is a league of style!

LOL

This is the type of science that they pay the boy to deliver!

hi Baldy! when's the last time you opened up your mouth for good use?

Mavs cheerleaders: plaese to speak on the acquisition of Jason Kidd's moustache.

Your fixation with facial hair and threads can probably be put to better use in a different thread.

I want to know if Memphis shopped Gasol around and decided Kwame Brown was the best they could get or if their GM is just an idiot?

Well, part of the reason was they wanted to free up cap space right? Brown only has a year remaining on his contract, i believe.

• Mavs cheerleaders: plaese to speak on the acquisition of Jason Kidd's moustache.

A winning program always benefits from a choice 'stache or two. (Raekwon: "Respect my moustache")

Deals not done yet dudes.

Probably would be an overreaction. Why not go out and fleece someone like the Grizz deal. Mavs are giving up a lot.

I think Devin's teammates also call him "Milkface".

Our offense is putrid lately w/out that dude.

Fingers are crossed. Kidd will bring some electricity. DAre I say, a bit of swag?