NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

- Abundance of talent[/b] ushered in, including Brian Cook, Andrew Bynum, Sasha Vujacic, Chris Mihm, Smush Parker, and Vladamir Radmanovic.

????

Getting role players/bench guys = an abundance of talent?

I guess when Kwame Brown is your benchmark that could actually be true.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Y'all mofos are in classic mode in week One........

Ps Yo Rock, Allen Ray is in Europe.......

It's about to begin

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Y'all mofos are in classic mode in week One........

Ps Yo Rock, Allen Ray is in Europe.......

I guess that means I won't be watching any Celtic games this season.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

- Abundance of talent[/b] ushered in, including Brian Cook, Andrew Bynum, Sasha Vujacic, Chris Mihm, Smush Parker, and Vladamir Radmanovic.

????

You obviously are too book smart to catch the blatantly obvious sarcasm. Please step your reading comprehension game up.

p.s. Fuck the Warriors.

????

You obviously are too book smart to catch the blatantly obvious sarcasm. Please step your reading comprehension game up.

p.s. Fuck the Warriors.

Well, at least you got one thing right, I am smart.

Tell us when you grow up little man.

Only I wouldn't be wearing that hideous logo.

Only I wouldn't be wearing that hideous logo.

You mean you're even younger???? That would explain a lot.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Luke Walton just accidentally scored for the Rockets when the ball slipped out of his hands and bounced right into the hoop from the floor! LOLing at T-Mac's response, he's credited with the basket.

LOL

Kobe's outta there soon I bet....

Luke Walton just accidentally scored for the Rockets when the ball slipped out of his hands on the inbound! LOLing at T-Mac's response.

Watup My,

It is that sorta night!!!

Houston with Rick Adelman is pretty exciting.

Luke Walton just accidentally scored for the Rockets when the ball slipped out of his hands on the inbound! LOLing at T-Mac's response.

Watup My,

It is that sorta night!!!

Houston with Rick Adelman is pretty exciting.

ANY team after Van Gundy has left is exciting!

• Mavs cut ties w/ longtime prospect DJ Mbenga and signed Juwan Howard for a second stint.

That means the Mavs offseason is basically: Fazekas, Eddie Jones, Trenton Hassell, Juwan Howard and Brandon Bass. That group of players may seem yawn-worthy but it adds more toughness and a 5 that can *maybe* play a few minutes and stretch a D out like Damps/Diop can't.

As far as Howard, I say Howard >>> C Webb (for our chemistry) but Howard PJ Brown. I don't think Juwan brings the ego that C Webb would.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    The games last night were pretty awful. NBA opening day is usually much better than that.

SA/Portland- I only caught the last half, and other than Aldridge dropping buckets at will from time to time, the game was a snoozefest. I realize that was suppose to have been Oden vs. Duncan, but couldn't TNT cover the W's/Utah instead? SA couldn't sell out their home opener, even with the ring ceremony. Note to the NBA: NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE SPURS. NOT EVEN SAN ANTONIO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE SPURS. (and yes, SA is a larger market than several teams that routinely sell out games)

LAL/Houston- Everyone's favorite player to play against: Luke Walton. I was embarrassed for the dude. I wished that Bill Walton was doing commentary- I wanted to hear his take on that. T-Mac certainly seemed to enjoy that one. Kobe was trying to prove a point (WE GET IT BEAN, YOU'RE REALLY GOOD. PLAY SMARTER NOW AND WIN YOUR TEAM SOME GAMES OR YOU WILL BE SHIPPED OUT.) He's like one of those significant others towards the end of a relationship that doesn't know how to end it without being a bitch and burning all bridges. It's ok Kobe, sometimes things just don't work out, you don't have to lie about being pregnant or something-- just calm down and move on. He was forcing shots in triple coverage. He got to the line a lot and made a lot of the *madface* at the refs. Deja vu. Again. Battier- try to make all those shots and people will start thinking you're good-- good look on that last 3 though.

GSW/Utah- I'm working on a paper that researches if in fact, Jerry Sloan is a nazi. I think he is. I think the only player I enjoy watching on the Jazz is Paul Milsap. Those other dudes get the gasface. They're all pretty good, just hard to watch. Maybe Boozer too, he gets points on one of the best names in the L, but he royally fucked over the Cavs in a bitchmade way, and I don't like that so much. The W's were rusty, and if they are Mavs-kryptonite, the Utah Jazz are the W's ginormous tarpit. (Especially w/o Ess-dot.) B-Diddy did the usual, but can't do it all himself. Matt Barnes was not in the building. I have never been, and will never be on the Monta Ellis bandwagon. I miss JRich.

• Kobe was trying to prove a point (WE GET IT BEAN, YOU'RE REALLY GOOD. PLAY SMARTER NOW AND WIN YOUR TEAM SOME GAMES OR YOU WILL BE SHIPPED OUT.) He's like one of those significant others towards the end of a relationship that doesn't know how to end it without being a bitch and burning all bridges. It's ok Kobe, sometimes things just don't work out, you don't have to lie about being pregnant or something-- just calm down and move on. He was forcing shots in triple coverage. He got to the line a lot and made a lot of the *madface* at the refs. Deja vu. Again.

how about, kobe is just really, really good. period.

45 on 'em...with the hometown fans booing him.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    He got to the line a lot and made a lot of the *madface* at the refs.

I believe that is referred to as the *thugnastyface*...

• I miss JRich.

That trade was Frickin' dumb.

I don't expect to see the Dubs in the playoffs this year.

• I miss JRich.

co-thug

I miss JRich.

there was no official word on it, but those in the know believe that JRich was traded in a failed attempt at landing KG. (whymusticry?-related)

• I miss JRich.

there was no official word on it, but those in the know believe that JRich was traded in a failed attempt at landing KG. (whymusticry?-related)

I saw B. Wright had the DNP last night. He's promising, but that's a huge chunk of stats out of yr rotation to lose on an up-and-coming team.

I guess Monta is good to go, huh? Was hoping Belinelli would be the first guard off the bench for a minute. Pipe dreams.

There was only 3 games. Tonight will be better. DTv just re-upped my League Pass from last year so I guess I'll just roll w/ it.

Kobe was trying to prove a point (WE GET IT BEAN, YOU'RE REALLY GOOD. PLAY SMARTER NOW AND WIN YOUR TEAM SOME GAMES OR YOU WILL BE SHIPPED OUT.) He's like one of those significant others towards the end of a relationship that doesn't know how to end it without being a bitch and burning all bridges. It's ok Kobe, sometimes things just don't work out, you don't have to lie about being pregnant or something-- just calm down and move on. He was forcing shots in triple coverage. He got to the line a lot and made a lot of the *madface* at the refs. Deja vu. Again.

how about, kobe is just really, really good. period.

45 on 'em...with the hometown fans booing him.
    Kobe's situation is one that I have never seen before. Some points:

-He's a winner when he plays second fiddle to a dominant big
    -He's the most talented scorer in the L
    -He's on a team that cannot afford to bring anyone in that would compliment him the way he did Shaq (and yes, the Lakers should be willing to let go of the youngin' Bynum. I have no idea why the front office is so obsessed w/ the dude)
    -The way he is playing and acting now, although marginally understandable (all that money must suck b/w this really is a squandered talent) is detrimental to his percieved value elsewhere-- nobody is going to trade 3 all-star talents and sign a "me first" SG that wont pass out of a triple team and spends too much time bitching in the press to a max contract. That's locker room cancer.
    -The way he is playing now is, however, necessary on a team where he has a better chance of dropping a cirucs shot out of triple coverage than most of his teammates (no-odom) have at hitting a wide open jumper.
    -Buss is way too stubborn b/w Kobe's no-trade clause: Any viable option of a trade will have the other team gutted. (Ex: Buss wants Hinrich/Deng/Someone else and some garbage for Kobe. Kobe will dead that b/c he would be shipped into the same situation (no talent on the team except him), except with a proven-nazi in skiles running the show.) The combination of Kobe wanting to be on a championship caliber team and Buss wanting the most talent in return for a trade makes a trade nearly impossible- it's almost like Kobe's trapped.

It's an insane situation- but you can only expect me to empathize with Bean for so long here-- he is one of the most successful atheletes on the planet... but he's constantly bitching about it.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    It is truly bizarre. I shutter to think of Kobe on my hometown faves and, yet, you almost have to try to make that deal. But it would pain to watch Kobe ball hog all day long. I'd almost rather have a stronger TEAM that comes close but loses than a Kobe-led team that goes all the way. How weird is that?

I'm gearing up the Bulls tonight. They always have trouble with the Nets, too -- they just have the Bulls number for some reason. In fact, the Bulls post-season might have been very different if they could snag that last game against them.

• you kobe haters need some better arguments. kobe hasn't had a solid team around him since shaq's departure. he's not a winner because he can't take a shitty team to the finals? that is ridiculous. he's a winner because he is a consistent performer, especially in the clutch.

kobe has 2 modes - 1 is as the nba's best scorer and the second is as the nba's best on the ball defender. its the lakers' job to get people around him who can either give him the ball or take some pressure off. they haven't done that. its funny because the moment kobe tries to switch modes and be a distributer, he gets slammed for not taking control. he can't do everything. are you gonna say Steve Nash is a loser because he can't take the openinig tip off?

• you kobe haters need some better arguments. kobe hasn't had a solid team around him since shaq's departure. he's not a winner because he can't take a shitty team to the finals? that is ridiculous. he's a winner because he is a consistent performer, especially in the clutch.

are you saying the Lakers with a healthy Odom aren't better than the Cavs????

I think he's an incredible player - my only beef with him is he's not man enough to sit out like T.O or waive his no-trade clause if he's really unhappy.

• LA fucked up in not landing an all-star big earlier in the year. The LA fans don't want Kobe to go. I don't think the team wants him to go. Shit, he didn't even want to go if they could get him a complimentary player to play with. If they had tried to do something to get KG or even JO they would be in a much better position than they currently are in. Shit, even the Jason Kidd dea lwould have been better than what they're looking at now. Kobe is trapped. He's going to end up vetoing a trade and going free when he contract expires. Then LA will be superfucked.

In other news, it looks like Durant may play tonight! Good news for me, I wanna see the kid play.

the Jason Kidd deal
    that's where they really dropped the ball by insisting that they hang on to Bynum. Kidd's got 3-4 seasons left, as does Kobe before time starts catching up with him. A couple rings would have been worth letting go of a "project" player that will probably not pan out the way the lakers are hoping.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I never liked Kobe. I was always on Shaq's side and Phil's side (wasn't Kobe one of the major reasons Phil left the Lakers in the first place)? Sure the dude is one of the best players in the game but he never misses an opportunity to remind everyone of that. Take with that the fact that the woman brought up rape charges on him, more or less, because Kobe insisted on blasting her in the face. Dude has a selfish personality. It would take me a long time to get used to him on the Bulls.

• blasting her in the face.
    ---------

I miss JRich.

That's part of the rumor mill but probably just to avoid dealing with the real reason, $$$. The Warriors have a slew of free agents next year and need money to sign them. Those include Davis who wants a re-up, Biedrins and Ellis to name three.

Wright injured his back during the summer and only played sparingly in the pre-season with no summer league. That's why he was a DNP during the 1st game.

The Warriors will make the playoffs as the 7th or 8th seed. Believe.

The games last night were pretty awful. NBA opening day is usually much better than that.

SA/Portland- I only caught the last half, and other than Aldridge dropping buckets at will from time to time, the game was a snoozefest. I realize that was suppose to have been Oden vs. Duncan, but couldn't TNT cover the W's/Utah instead? SA couldn't sell out their home opener, even with the ring ceremony. Note to the NBA: NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE SPURS. NOT EVEN SAN ANTONIO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE SPURS. (and yes, SA is a larger market than several teams that routinely sell out games)

LAL/Houston- Everyone's favorite player to play against: Luke Walton. I was embarrassed for the dude. I wished that Bill Walton was doing commentary- I wanted to hear his take on that. T-Mac certainly seemed to enjoy that one. Kobe was trying to prove a point (WE GET IT BEAN, YOU'RE REALLY GOOD. PLAY SMARTER NOW AND WIN YOUR TEAM SOME GAMES OR YOU WILL BE SHIPPED OUT.) He's like one of those significant others towards the end of a relationship that doesn't know how to end it without being a bitch and burning all bridges. It's ok Kobe, sometimes things just don't work out, you don't have to lie about being pregnant or something-- just calm down and move on. He was forcing shots in triple coverage. He got to the line a lot and made a lot of the *madface* at the refs. Deja vu. Again. Battier- try to make all those shots and people will start thinking you're good-- good look on that last 3 though.

GSW/Utah- I'm working on a paper that researches if in fact, Jerry Sloan is a nazi. I think he is. I think the only player I enjoy watching on the Jazz is Paul Milsap. Those other dudes get the gasface. They're all pretty good, just hard to watch. Maybe Boozer too, he gets points on one of the best names in the L, but he royally fucked over the Cavs in a bitchmade way, and I don't like that so much. The W's were rusty, and if they are Mavs-kryptonite, the Utah Jazz are the W's ginormous tarpit. (Especially w/o Ess-dot.) B-Diddy did the usual, but can't do it all himself. Matt Barnes was not in the building. I have never been, and will never be on the Monta Ellis bandwagon. I miss JRich.

Some NBA preview said Portland's Aldridge is like R. Wallace without the attitude. I'm beginning to believe.

Regarding the Warriors - Utah game, the Warriors got the Mavs number, Utah has ours. They simply kill us on the boards and with second chance points. It wasn't close except for the 1st quarter.

Some NBA preview said Portland's Aldridge is like R. Wallace without the attitude.
    where's the fun in that?