NBA 07-08 Set Thangs STR8

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Dark Horse - Jazz

Weren't they in the Conference finals last year ?

Yea, but I don't see them moving past this round. I like their style of play, but with the Mavs, Suns, and Spurs in the hunt, it's tough for anybody outside those three to make it to the Finals.

Overhyped - Celtics / Yi[/b]

Highly disagree with this choice. Steven A. proclaimed the Celtics would take the East (unlikely), but KG is the dominant big man in the East, not just in terms of scoring and rebounding. I mean, as cliche as it is already, the man's work ethic is supposedly unparalled. He dives for loose balls, feeds his open teammates on the low block, and keeps the energy up. The man is a beast. Ray Allen kinda puts up buckets too. PP is not that good, imo. Don't the Celts have Posey as well? The dude is a hustler. The Celts are gonna be aiite.

Yi is a confident young dude. Media is saying, he is like the Hip-hop version of Yao Ming (Ming, being the throwback center type). He got a sweet stroke and some ups. The dude can score. He just needs to bulken up and play some D.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    luck - Chicago Bulls
    MVP - Tim Duncan
    ROY - Kevin Durant (because the players drafted highest have an NBA-mandated knack for finishing well in the ROY vote)
    Rings - San Antonio Spurs
    Dark Horse - Utah Jazz
    Don't Sleep - Toronto Raptors (pending Garbajosa)
    Overhyped - Boston Celtics
    Whatever - Miami Heat, Kobe

• Jacobwizzle - Seattle/ OKC Sonics

MVP - Kevin Garnett

ROY - Kevin Durant

Rings - Phoenix

Dark Horse - Detroit

Dont Sleep - Portland (my future adopted team)

Overhyped - Denver (George will fuck it up...)

Whatever - Kobe's bitch ass

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

PP is not that good, imo. Don't the Celts have Posey as well? The dude is a hustler.

Both statements are so

• Overhyped - Denver (George will fuck it up...)

Pure hate coming from a jaded sonics fan living in the 90s!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Highly disagree with this choice. Steven A. proclaimed the Celtics would take the East (unlikely), but KG is the dominant big man in the East, not just in terms of scoring and rebounding. I mean, as cliche as it is already, the man's work ethic is supposedly unparalled. He dives for loose balls, feeds his open teammates on the low block, and keeps the energy up. The man is a beast. Ray Allen kinda puts up buckets too. PP is not that good, imo. Don't the Celts have Posey as well? The dude is a hustler. The Celts are gonna be aiite.

Yi is a confident young dude. Media is saying, he is like the Hip-hop version of Yao Ming (Ming, being the throwback center type). He got a sweet stroke and some ups. The dude can score. He just needs to bulken up and play some D.

The only reason I'm gonna watch a Celts game this year is to see how the announcers handle having Ray Allen and Allen Ray on the court at the same time.

Yi is Darko-lite

• Yi is Darko-lite

HAHA!

• Overhyped - Denver (George will fuck it up...)

Pure hate coming from a jaded sonics fan living in the 90s!

Pretty much. George will definitely blast Carmelo and AI at some point very publicly this season.

Yi is Darko-lite

HAHA!

HAHA!

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

The only reason I'm gonna watch a Celts game this year is to see how the announcers handle having Ray Allen and Allen Ray on the court at the same time.

Yi is Darko-lite

I was actually impressed with Yi in the 2 summer league games I saw him in. I thought he was more of a perimeter jump shooting face the basket guy, but he actually went straight to the post in most games. His major problems are adjusting to the NBA and gaining weight becuase he got pushed around a lot in the summer, and that was by guys who aren't even going to make it in the league. He is playing on a bad team so he should get some PT but don't expect that much from him this year. Next year he could actually become a player.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

His major problems are adjusting to the NBA and gaining weight becuase he got pushed around a lot in the summer, and that was by guys who aren't even going to make it in the league.
    That's not even including how he was handled by actual NBA players.

in other news: Bean is on the inactive list tonight. Yes, mad doggie.
    While D.C. talk is dead, things are still rather auspicious on opening day in L.A. For one, Kobe's on the Lakers' inactive roster for tonight's game against the Rockets. Andy Kamenetzky of the Los Angeles Times' Lakers Blog says this doesn't mean anything and quotes the team as saying Kobe probably won't be in a suit tonight.
    RIDING THE WAAMBULANCE TO STAPLES IN A VERSACE MUFUGGIN' SUIT

• Well, there goes my fantasy week 1 matchup. Thanks Kobe, you pussy. Haha.

I would smack every one of you dudes in the back of the head with my scuffed up air force one acorns, for getting the wrong ideas.

Check this scenario:

- Lakers lose Shaq (real reasons why just recently revealed)
    - Buss makes promise at time of KB's contract extension
    - Abundance of talent ushered in, including Brian Cook, Andrew Bynum, Sasha Vujacic, Chris Mihm, Smush Parker, and Vladamir Radmanovic.
    - Lakers pass on Jason Kidd deal because Bynum is the future.
    - Lakers pass on J.O'neal deal because Bynum is the future.

I hope Kobe sits out. He deserves some rest.

• I would smack every one of you dudes in the back of the head with my scuffed up air force one acorns, for getting the wrong ideas.

Thug Nasty Moves Revealed!

Well, there goes my fantasy week 1 matchup. Thanks Kobe, you pussy. Haha.

you should step up your brain.

You have now qualified yourself to the Soulstrut-equivalent of 'the corner' that is the ignore function. Oh the shame! peace.

dude. he's getting paid millions of dollars a year to put the ball in the hole. That is all.

I would smack every one of you dudes in the back of the head with my scuffed up air force one acorns, for getting the wrong ideas.

You can get annoying rather quickly. We do not need anymore spam. Thank you.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

You can get annoying rather quickly.

Why don't you announce that you're putting him on "ignore"?

That'll be a stake through his heart, thug nasty style!

dude. he's getting paid millions of dollars a year to put the ball in the hole. That is all.

You sound like you would lick another man's asscrack for 20mil.

I hate that smug-looking avatar of yours. I would put you on ignore, but then some kid with inferior wit will wanna quote you, so it doesn't quite work.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I hate that smug-looking avatar of yours. I would put you on ignore, but then some kid with inferior wit will wanna quote you, so it doesn't quite work.

Does anybody besides me feel like the newly-revealed thug nasty ethos/worldview/slicktalk technique isn't quite living up to its potential?

I certainly expected more momentous moves than tearful declarations of "I hate your avatar!" from one so named.

• I hope Kobe sits out. He deserves some rest.

C'mon Yuichi...I'm rooting for you but I can't root for this. Take it to the hole young scientist!!!!

Does anybody besides me feel like the newly-revealed thug nasty ethos/worldview/slicktalk technique isn't quite living up to its potential?

I certainly expected more momentous moves than tearful declarations of "I hate your avatar!" from one so named.

And you do realize you've achieved Reynaldo-like irrelevance in how you portray yourself online, don't you?

^^^Kobe's unearned income apologist^^^

When flossin' w/ that temp agency money, it's best to keep earnings insults out of your choices of thuggish and nasty internet proclamations.

When flossin' w/ that temp agency money, it's best to keep earnings insults out of your choices of thuggish and nasty internet proclamations.

why does it have to get so personal, so quickly with you? lol i'm out.

why does it have to get so personal, so quickly with you? lol i'm out.
    I pride myself on my efficiency.

• I hope Kobe sits out. He deserves some rest.

C'mon dude. Let the man eat. Were you this bitter when you were handing out blankets and shit last week?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

You mean Day and YP are thug nasty too?? Damn...this place be dangerous!!

• Well, there goes my fantasy week 1 matchup. Thanks Kobe, you pussy. Haha.

you should step up your brain.

You have now qualified yourself to the Soulstrut-equivalent of 'the corner' that is the ignore function. Oh the shame! peace.

Take the dick out your mouth, you're mumbling.