THE OFFICIAL NFL 2007 THREAD

Comments

• I'll avatar bet that they'll go undefeated. No way they lose to any of the remaining JuCo teams.

EDIT: Pittsburgh isn't JuCo unless the bad Big Ben shows up.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I think Billick may have lost the team with that 4th down time out.

That locker room has to be ugly tonight.

• i don't disagree with you...can't bet against 'em.

but, if the cheeseheads make it to AZ, and I see 'em there, we'll talk.

• I think Billick may have lost the team with that 4th down time out.

Bart Scott may kill someone in there.

• I think Billick may have lost the team with that 4th down time out.

"I didn't see nothin'!"

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I think Billick may have lost the team with that 4th down time out.

or vice versa

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    that Pardon the interruption guy pisses me off.

Yes, someone really needs to stab him.

Ravens doing a LOT of talking about the refs.

That shit about being called "boy" is definitely NAGL
    on the refs, but dudes talmbout "they(the NFL) want to crown them,
    but make them earn it, don't give it to them" is some sour grapes
    we-just-lost-our-6th-game-in-a-row BULLSHIT.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Yeah. But we might end up with the 2 spot in the NFC if the Pack fall due to the loss of Favre. We're #3 right now. That's how bad this conference is right now.

What loss of Favre? It's already been announced that Favre will make his next start.

I was not aware of that. It didn't look good for a second there.

• Ravens doing a LOT of talking about the refs.

That shit about being called "boy" is definitely NAGL
    on the refs, but dudes talmbout "they(the NFL) want to crown them,
    but make them earn it, don't give it to them" is some sour grapes
    we-just-lost-our-6th-game-in-a-row BULLSHIT.

No. It's what the fuck happened on the field. That was some bullshit by those refs man. Ravens got legit beef.

• Pats need an asterisk on any season after a win like that.

Pats need an asterisk on any season after a win like that.

GTFOOHWTBS

• Ok. I'm gonna be looking at this game for the next 5 days, so if I see anything, I'll change my opinion.

But, what did the refs fuck up in the end?
    1- The Ravens DID call timeout on the first 4-1
    2- The Pats DID jump on the second 4-1
    3- I think that WAS holding on Watson on the third 4-1
    4- The Gaffney TD was a close call; the more I look at, the more it looked like a catch. But, the main thing, is that there was (*imo) not nearly enough to overturn the call on the field.

Any personal issues between the Ravens and the Refs need to be looked at, no doubt. But, the calls themselves? I don't see any problem with those...

• Pats need an asterisk on any season after a win like that.

GTFOOHWTBS

NFL gave y'all that one.

Pats need an asterisk on any season after a win like that.

GTFOOHWTBS

NFL gave y'all that one.

TELL ED REED NOT TO PUT THE BALL ON THE TURF

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    Ok. I'm gonna be looking at this game for the next 5 days, so if I see anything, I'll change my opinion.

But, what did the refs fuck up in the end?
    1- The Ravens DID call timeout on the first 4-1
    2- The Pats DID jump on the second 4-1
    3- I think that WAS holding on Watson on the third 4-1
    4- The Gaffney TD was a close call; the more I look at, the more it looked like a catch. But, the main thing, is that there was (*imo) not nearly enough to overturn the call on the field.

Any personal issues between the Ravens and the Refs need to be looked at, no doubt. But, the calls themselves? I don't see any problem with those...

---------------
    (Teacher's Answer Key)

1. true
    2. true
    3. false
    4. true

• No. It's what the fuck happened on the field. That was some bullshit by those refs man. Ravens got legit beef.

I think Ravens got legit beef with Rex Ryan as much as they do the refs. Still, as much as I don't like the Patriots, my Steeler heart is always happy to see the Ravens lose. They are utterly classless.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    I thought the rule said only the head coach and players are allowed to take timeouts.
    ----------------
    Article 3

The Referee shall suspend play while the ball is dead and declare a charged
    team time out upon the request for a time out by the head coach or any player to any
    official.

If the Referee calls a time out for an injured player, a team time out will be charged if:

(a) the injured player remains in the game; or
    (b) players on the field or from the bench attempt to assist the injured player from the field,
    without being directed to do so by their team physician, trainer, or the Referee; or
    (c) the injury occurs after the two-minute warning of either half.

• That is the rule, though Mike Terrico said after the game that the letter of the law is commonly ignored...With all the yelling, play at the line, etc. when the ref hears 'time out,' and sees a coach, they tend to make the call.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    FIVE RINGS | NO CHEATING

So taking steroids isn't cheating?

Careful now....that's only the tip of the iceberg.

• Options
    That is the rule, though Mike Terrico said after the game that the letter of the law is commonly ignored...With all the yelling, play at the line, etc. when the ref hears 'time out,' and sees a coach, they tend to make the call.

It could have been anybody calling the timeout, when they showed the replay a little later of Ryan running down the line to get the call in before the snap you saw the ref call it quick to get it in without looking to see who was calling it.

Who was the Raven who went over and yelled at his own coaches from the field right after that? I think he was a DB, I couldn't see the number though. After that play I almost turned it off because I knew the Pats would win at that point, glad I didn't because that was a great game right down to the hail mary.

Seeing Gaffney taunt the crowd after his TD makes me hate them even more though.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    FIVE RINGS | NO CHEATING

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I'm selfish I need the pats to keep winning because I got tom brady and no backup in fantasy football. Once they lose I'll think they will pull him. At least the miami game... The Giants can beat them at the end of the season. That would be sweet.

FIVE RINGS | NO CHEATING

vs.

Well, not the whole team. Just a couple dozen of 'em.

• Dudes, every team has skeletons. Shit is like the mafia.

Dudes, every team has skeletons. Shit is like the mafia.

Of course (see my post from a few weeks back about every great dynasty having some degree of "asterisk-worthy" transgression). I'm saying we need to dead this asterisk talk, but if people want to put their team on a pedestal as above such things, I can't resist calling them on it.

Any of you 49er, Dolphin, or Raider fans want to pop off? I got dirt on all of you.

• FIVE RINGS | NO CHEATING

This will sound bad, because I DO think steroids are cheating. But, the *Pats have a whole other thing going on which is apples/oranges to 'roids in that I'm pretty sure that players on every NFL team could get busted for using steroids at any given time. Back in the 70s, nobody knew what the outcome would be. It wasn't just one team. Let's pick a team at random...ok, the RAIDERS. You don't think there were any illicit substances floating through their organization over the last 30 years?

Seriousness aside though, if you're going to start calling out the Steelers, you must be a Cowboys, Browns or worse yet, Bengals fan. That's gotta hurt

• I'm saying we need to dead this asterisk talk,

That's almost rational so I'll ignore it (ha!). The asterisk talk with the Pats is just current events. It'll calm down once they lose one, preferably on Sunday.

Seriousness aside though, if you're going to start calling out the Steelers, you must be a Cowboys, Browns or worse yet, Bengals fan. That's gotta hurt

Never that. I ride for Boston all day, err-day. I'm simply defending my Pats, the greatest team ever to step onto a football field. I am a fan of that ex-Browns head coach, though.

It'll calm down once they lose one

I agree, which is why I'm not looking forward to hearing about it all offseason.