THE OFFICIAL NFL 2007 THREAD

1505152535456»

Comments

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    I wouldn't mind that Shockey trade. Getting Harper for safety means we could get a linebacker in the draft, since we lost some because of free agency.

How come the Pats got such an easy schedule?!?!?!!!!
    Seems to me AFC North and NFC East teams got the toughest schedules.

Schedules are a crap shoot...And, it is helped by the terdilicious state of the 2007 AFC East, and the Pats getting to play all those teams x 2. Those teams also have easy schedules, but they appear harder. Why? Because you have to factor the Pats into their schedule, as they play a 16-0 (reg. season, of course...) twice.

You could map out 14 of the 16 games from now until eternity if you wanted to for any team. The last two are based on order of finish; eg., division champs play division champs, #2 vs. #2, etc.

You mean you're not afraid of the Dolphins and the Jets?!
    I hear you, I just pulled out in the waaambulance when I saw it though.
    I know anything can happen, but look at my team's last ten games:

8 Oct 26 NYG @ PIT

9 Nov 02 DAL @ NYG

10 Nov 09 NYG @ PHI

11 Nov 16 BAL @ NYG

12 Nov 23 NYG @ ARI

13 Nov 30 NYG @ WAS

14 Dec 07 PHI @ NYG

15 Dec 14 NYG @ DAL

16 Dec 21 CAR @ NYG

17 Dec 28 NYG @ MIN

• Yeah...the AFC East is CLEARLY the worst division in the NFL. As one of our writers pointed out, it is the only division since realignment to only put 2 teams in the playoffs.

The NFC East on the other hand...ouch. Best of luck with that.

(yes, this is all speculative, and plenty can change year to year....)

• Tuff_GongTuff_Gong 627 Posts
    Chad's overrated .

Spoken like somebody who doesn't follow the Bengals closely, I imagine. Chad gets all the attention and the press but he's not as good as his reputation. Which Bengals receiver had the most receptions and the most TDs last season? Here's a hint: it's not Chad Johnson. Which Bengals receiver had the most receptions and TDs in 2006? Here's a hint: still not Chad Johnson.

• I don't live in Cinci but I don't think Chad is overrated at all. You're trying to big up TJ but the reason he was able to rack all of those stats is because he plays opposite 85. I dunno if he can be a #1.