THE OFFICIAL NFL 2007 THREAD

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Steven A. Smith dropping all kinds of knowledge on his radio show. Seems like the killer of Sean Taylor had a personal agenda. Rest in peace.

can you elaborate any more than that?+

Well, apparently someone left a knife in his house 8 days prior to the shooting. And like Steven A. says, what kind of burglar goes to the bedroom of someone's house and shoots them in the groin?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Who would of thunk that the biggest game of the year is on the NFL Network. It must be beldalm in Green Bay. Got to go with the Romosexuals from a Fantasy standpoint.

• Who would of thunk that the biggest game of the year is on the NFL Network. It must be beldalm in Green Bay. Got to go with the Romosexuals from a Fantasy standpoint.

I think it's a coup for the Network and Time Warner is gay. You really gonna take on the NFL? NFLN is pretty much the best channel on television.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Who would of thunk that the biggest game of the year is on the NFL Network. It must be beldalm in Green Bay. Got to go with the Romosexuals from a Fantasy standpoint.

How many U.S. strutters will NOT be able to see this game tonight???

• I may have to (gulp) head to the sports bar for this one.

Damn you NFL network and your plans to thwart my precious sobriety

• I will not be able to watch it at my home.

I will be able to watch it at the bar
    And as much as I like going to the bar, it is starting to add up. I miss the days when most, if not all, sports were on the networks.

• Who would of thunk that the biggest game of the year is on the NFL Network. It must be beldalm in Green Bay. Got to go with the Romosexuals from a Fantasy standpoint.

NFLN games are simulcast on local channels in their home markets. When the Falcons played the Colts on Thanksgiving, it was on the my local CBS network affiliate.

• I miss the days when most, if not all, sports were on the networks.

Really? You can watch your Giants every week for free. But of course, that's all you get.

When I lived up North I hated Sundays. Giants + Jets and that was it. Maybe if y're lucky you'd get a third NFC East terd.

It's the NFL freakin Network. It should be on basic cable. The way I see it, I'm glad to have another game split out in prime time that I can watch.

NFLN games are simulcast on local channels in their home markets. When the Falcons played the Colts on Thanksgiving, it was on the my local CBS network affiliate.

that's interesting. everywhere i've read about it, there is no mention of this... more like "what are people going to do without the NFL Network" NFL Net is probably using that to their advantage in terms of bargaining with the cable companies.

that's interesting. everywhere i've read about it, there is no mention of this... more like "what are people going to do without the NFL Network" NFL Net is probably using that to their advantage in terms of bargaining with the cable companies.

I think it's just the main city and that's it. Austin is part of the "Cowboys market" but it's not on TV here for free. Rock, do you have NFLN? If not, can you confirm it's on free TV in D-Town?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    NFLN is pretty much the best channel on television.

Yes, except that they need some new damn commercials.

That freaking "America's Game" spot gets shown on EVERY BREAK.

I swear, if I see Bill Cowher's quivering chin and hear it say,
    "Lauren turned to me and said 'Daddy, we're champions' ... (sniff) that
    - that was a (sniff) special moment ..." one more time, I'll scream!!

WE KNEW, IN THAT HUDDLE, THAT THIS WAS A GROUP DESTINED TO
    APPLY THE KIND OF PRESSURE THAT HAD NOT BEEN SEEN BEFORE ...

• NFLN is pretty much the best channel on television.

Yes, except that they need some new damn commercials.

That freaking "America's Game" spot gets shown on EVERY BREAK.

I swear, if I see Bill Cowher's quivering chin and hear it say,
    "Lauren turned to me and said 'Daddy, we're champions' ... (sniff) that
    - that was a (sniff) special moment ..." one more time, I'll scream!!

WE KNEW, IN THAT HUDDLE, THAT THIS WAS A GROUP DESTINED TO
    APPLY THE KIND OF PRESSURE THAT HAD NOT BEEN SEEN BEFORE ...

We did it.....WE DID IT!!!!!!

The game is on in the D/FW area on free TV channel 27.

I also have NFLN.

I will be watching it on the local channel with the sound off and have the radio play by play on.

• The game is on in the D/FW area on free TV channel 27.

I also have NFLN.

I will be watching it on the local channel with the sound off and have the radio play by play on.

Brad and the Babe? I'll take the bamboo shoots under the fingernails behind door #2 instead. Throw in Norm Hitzges and I'll take the guillotine.

The game is on in the D/FW area on free TV channel 27.

I also have NFLN.

Brad and the Babe? I'll take the bamboo shoots under the fingernails behind door #2 instead. Throw in Norm Hitzges and I'll take the guillotine.

I'll let you know how long I can hang with them

• The game is on in the D/FW area on free TV channel 27.

I also have NFLN.

I'll let you know how long I can hang with them

But wait, I just remembered your alternative is Gumbel and Collinsworth. I predict you hang the whole game.

Brad Sham is actually okay. You know I hear Cowboy homerism and I go into catatonics. I truly can't stand to listen to nasally Hitzges, though.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    As an aside, I wish the NBA and NFL would have the same online options that MLB does for watching out of market games. I guess NBA does, but not as a stand-alone package.

• I miss the days when most, if not all, sports were on the networks.

Really? You can watch your Giants every week for free. But of course, that's all you get.

Exactly, I can't watch the Yankees or Mets anymore, nor the Rangers, I never really cared about the Knicks but I would've watched other games. Its interesting because growing up in PR we had cable, and for some reason we had channels from all over the US, I remember specifically WGN Chicago (had the best corny Sunday night movies), all the NY channels, some from Florida, one from Boston, and I think a Houston channel because I remember watching the Astros. So I use to watch a lot of different city's sports teams, now its whatever comes on Saturdays and Sundays on the networks, which means local NFL, golf, and nascar. :vomit:

I miss the days when most, if not all, sports were on the networks.

Exactly, I can't watch the Yankees or Mets anymore, nor the Rangers, I never really cared about the Knicks but I would've watched other games. Its interesting because growing up in PR we had cable, and for some reason we had channels from all over the US, I remember specifically WGN Chicago (had the best corny Sunday night movies), all the NY channels, some from Florida, one from Boston, and I think a Houston channel because I remember watching the Astros. So I use to watch a lot of different city's sports teams, now its whatever comes on Saturdays and Sundays on the networks, which means local NFL, golf, and nascar. :vomit:
    Mets are no longer carried by WWOR??? Yankees by WPIX???

• Yankees are on the YES network, don't know who carries the Mets

*Edit: WWOR is now MY9, doesn't announce itself as WWOR anymore, and I think it still carries Mets games. WPIX calls itself CW11 also.

• If Favre plays well, Pack win this.

I'll say he does. Romo's showcase will be ugly.

Packers 27 - Cowboys 21 -- not as close as the score indicates.

• Yankees are on the YES network, don't know who carries the Mets but I don't think WWOR exists anymore.

DAAAAMN! no more channel 9???? what are the local free tv channels in NYC nowadays? I grew up on 2 (cbs), 4 (nbc), 5 (what was that, wnew?), 7 (abc), 9 (wor), 11 (pix) and 13 (pbs)

Someone please explain...

Why the hell does Bryant Gumbel have his job with NFLN???

• ^^^edited, they don't announce their call numbers anymore

Yankees are on the YES network, don't know who carries the Mets but I don't think WWOR exists anymore.

DAAAAMN! no more channel 9???? what are the local free tv channels in NYC nowadays? I grew up on 2 (cbs), 4 (nbc), 5 (what was that, wnew?), 7 (abc), 9 (wor), 11 (pix) and 13 (pbs)

This must have happened recently.....last time I was in NY WWOR Channel 9 was still around.

"DeMarcus Ware - what a tool he is!"

haha he meant it as a compliment, but that sounded hilarious ...

"DeMarcus Ware - what a tool he is!"

haha he meant it as a compliment, but that sounded hilarious ...

My wife and I are still laughing about it.

He MUST have compromising photos of Roger Goodell.

He is AWFUL.

On the flipside, the "NFL Gameday" crew are the best on TV.

• Someone please explain...

God only knows. He makes his brother Greg look like Louis Farrakhan. Collinsworth is surprisingly decent though.

• phongonephongone 1,652 Posts
    I dont have NFL network so can't watch the game. How bad is Favre hurt?