THE OFFICIAL NFL 2007 THREAD

Comments

• Who should i start this week ?

Donovan McNabb @ New York

Jon Kitna home vs Chicago

I'd go with McNabb......if you're playing against my team go with Kitna.

One thing to keep in mind is the Bears are banged up on defense. No Vasher, no Tillman. They're digging deep for defenders.

I don't think it's an easy call. Giants defense showed some life in the second half of last week's game. Nothing is as it seems week to week in teh NFL.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Jets/Bills game =

• The first half of the Jets-Bills game was some of the worst football I've ever watched, complete with field goal bouncing off the upright at the halftime gun.

The Pats are probably the best team in the NFL right now (apologies to Indy...) but they play in the WORST division in the NFL by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    The first half of the Jets-Bills game was some of the worst football I've ever watched, complete with field goal bouncing off the upright at the halftime gun.

The Pats are probably the best team in the NFL right now (apologies to Indy...) but they play in the WORST division in the NFL by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar.

I opted for the other snore-fest Cowboys/Rams. Romo is sickeningly good.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    We stink.

• This victory goes out to edpowers - again.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Going into the season I thought Tony Romo was an above average QB.

I was wrong.....he's a very good QB and probably top 2 or 3 in the league.

Can't wait for the Pats to come to town in two weeks.

Not expecting or predicting(or betting on) a win.

But do expect a good game.

• debardebar 215 Posts

Fools can't stack 9 in the box to stop LJ anymore. And that defense is looking mighty good (nevermind the 1st half run-D). Watch out Broncos!

• Dwayne Bowe is an absolute monster right now.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Dwayne Bowe is an absolute monster right now.

They where chanting MARTY in San Diego!!!

I love it.

Norv =

I love it.

Norv =

I really don't get it. The knock on Marty was that he couldn't win in the playoffs, couldn't win the big ones. What, so they replace him with a guy who can't win in the regular season? You're right, he won't lose in the playoffs like Schottenheimer did because he won't even get the team there. Way to go, Chargers. Such a myopic firing/hiring. At one time not long ago people said Peyton Manning and Tony Dungy couldn't win the big one either, I think they managed to turn that around just fine.

I love it.

Norv =

I got a soft spot for the Chiefs this year behind some Hard Knocks business.

Plus, I'm a huge Bowe fan. You got y'allselves a darn fine WR man. Three year starter at LSU. Everyone knew he was gonna get the ball yesterday and they couldn't even stop it. He's giving Tony G new life and is eventually gonna open things up for LJ.

• eagles will score a huge amount (77 points is possible) on giants execrable secondary... it will be fun to watch in a perverse sort of a way

Either you must be on acid or from Lake Placid.

The Giants defense is for real.

• 12 sacks!!??!!!

• 12 sacks!!??!!!

Serious OOF face on the Iggles there...

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    12 sacks!!??!!!

Serious OOF face on the Iggles there...

That right there is a fantasy football, uh...fantasy. Probably racked up more points defensively than my entire team this weekend. But then, I still have Brady, so that's going to change. Unfortunately, the dude I'm matched up against has Moss.

I need Cincy to triple-cover Moss and let Welker and Stallworth got to town.

• Watching the iggles get sacked 12 times was fun to watch in a perverse sort of a way.

I love it.

Norv =

I really don't get it. The knock on Marty was that he couldn't win in the playoffs, couldn't win the big ones. What, so they replace him with a guy who can't win in the regular season? You're right, he won't lose in the playoffs like Schottenheimer did because he won't even get the team there. Way to go, Chargers. Such a myopic firing/hiring. At one time not long ago people said Peyton Manning and Tony Dungy couldn't win the big one either, I think they managed to turn that around just fine.

Did you guys see Tomlinson tearing up in the post game interview? Its only week 4 and the hole their in isn't too bad considering their division, but they need to make adjustments now if they plan on seeing the post season. Olberman ripped the team management in his "worst person in the NFL" segment, rightly so. Btw, what's up with this segment, kind of lame.

Quite a week 4. Look at the Pac! I guess I can't really say anything bad about record breaking Brett Favre, picking apart defenses! The Bears woes continue, penalties like a motherfucker, and a 34 point rally in the 4rth, wtf happened?! Jeff Garcia and the Bucs been looking ok. The Cowboys, fuck, and facing the Bills next week they'll probably go 5-0, then we'll see them vs NE, looking forward to that one!

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    Jets/Bills game =

i only saw the first 10 minutes as they cut to this game while the raiders/dolphins were delayed due to lightning.

i was worried my bills were gonna go 0-16. are the jets that bad? for those that watched how did trent edwards look?

• Jets/Bills game =

i only saw the first 10 minutes as they cut to this game while the raiders/dolphins were delayed due to lightning.

i was worried my bills were gonna go 0-16. are the jets that bad? for those that watched how did trent edwards look?

I saw it, it was just slow and sloppy. Edwards looked good for a rookie making his first start, the Bills running game was terrible though.

• Jets/Bills game =

I saw it, it was just slow and sloppy. Edwards looked good for a rookie making his first start, the Bills running game was terrible though.

Well that ain't Marshawn's fault. Dude runs hard. They should only run him behind Peters and the other dude on the left side.

But yeah, the Bills' O is a trainwreck even *with* Losman.

• genomgenom 19 Posts
    It's hard to gauge how good Edwards actually looked. I'm a die hard jet fan and we haven't been able to create a pass rush this entire season. With that said, he completed many fine passes, looked poised in the pocket, and honestly looked like a leader out there. I think you guys have a QB controversy up in Buffalo. I think the Jets caused another Brady like scenario.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    It's hard to gauge how good Edwards actually looked. I'm a die hard jet fan and we haven't been able to create a pass rush this entire season. With that said, he completed many fine passes, looked poised in the pocket, and honestly looked like a leader out there. I think you guys have a QB controversy up in Buffalo. I think the Jets caused another Brady like scenario.

well (presidential hopeful) trent edwards was like a 6 year dude at stanford, the chris weinke of stanford. dude was kind of injury prone but then again those cardinal teams were awful and so was the o-line.

i liked losman late last season, he showed alot, he was somewhat mobile and it reminded me of jim kelly (i know odd) but trent edwards seems like a pure pocket passer ala drew bledsoe...

i like the pieces that buffalo has in lee evans, marshawn lynch and the special teams is solid too so hopefully they can get back to another decade of 4 straight super bowl losses

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    here we gooooo!

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

eagles will score a huge amount (77 points is possible) on giants execrable secondary... it will be fun to watch in a perverse sort of a way

you say that like there's something wrong with being on acid

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Why hasn't somebody killed Tony Kornheiser yet?

• Why hasn't somebody killed Tony Kornheiser yet?

I love PTI, but this guy sucks on MNF.

The Pats ballwashing is pretty insufferable; I get it...Randy Moss is good. Ok.

That said, this Moss shit is getting silly.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    This victory goes out to edpowers - again.

I was a week ahead of myself......Chicago by 4.

Miami is going to finish 8-8.

• genomgenom 19 Posts
    Kornheiser is just dreadful on MNF. He does nothing but force stupid jokes, and ask Jaws rhetorical questions. The guy is probably nothing without a script.

• eagles will score a huge amount (77 points is possible) on giants execrable secondary... it will be fun to watch in a perverse sort of a way

you say that like there's something wrong with being on acid

Ha! I said that like you must be trippin to think they'd put up 77.