THE OFFICIAL NFL 2007 THREAD

Comments

• Another Sunday approaches batches!

Bears vs Packers:
    Can I keep disrespecting the Packers? I don't know about this week. Last time the Pack and Bears saw each other was New Years Eve, and today both of these teams look completely different. Last time the Pack won, but we all thought it was Favre's last game so the Bears rolled over and let him have it. Actually wasn't that the game which motivated Brett to return? And didn't this game percipitate Rex's downfall with 3 interceptions? I think I've predicted the Pack loosing the first four weeks, so I'll say they'll win this one and go 5-0.

Colts vs Bucs:
    Colts got some key players out for the game, Harrison, Addai and Bob Sanders. TB's got the Cadillac out. I wonder how Bob Sanders being out will affect the Colts D, they pretty much sucked last year until he came back. Regardless Jeff Garcia aint shit. Go Horse!

Jets vs Giants:
    Can the Giants d be consistent, or will a 12 sack game be a fluke for them like a 56 point Eagle game? Also while the d looked great, the offense was a step under mediocre. Manning hasn't really matured as a qb, doesn't use good judgement. Whatever Chad Pennington's a chump so are the rest of the Jets. Giants 30- Jets 10.

Browns vs Pats:
    Cleveland pulled an upset last week against Baltimore. Pats have pretty much dominated everyone in their way. Still everyone looses one, I just don't think that Sunday will be that day.

Seahawks vs Steelers:
    I kind of really want to watch this game and see if Pitt is for real. They lost to arizona of all teams and now face a shakey Seattle. I think the Arizona game was a fluke and Steelers will win this one.

Redskins vs Lions:
    Washington coming off its bye week and the Lions taking it to the Bears in the fourth last week. This might be an interesting game. I'm giving it to the Lions, Kitna has been putting up some great numbers. I hope they can pull it out in Washington, so the Giants can go one up in the NFC East.

Cowboys vs Bills:
    The cowboys will lose, but not this game, or maybe the upset of the week? Whatever, I will say this, Tony Romo is the next Drew Bledsoe, believe it.

• Whatever, I will say this, Tony Romo is the next Drew Bledsoe, believe it.

No way. Drew was always a statue back there. Romo is mad agile in the pocket. You sure about this one?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Whatever, I will say this, Tony Romo is the next Roger Staubach[/b] , believe it.

:

• Whatever, I will say this, Tony Romo is the next Roger Staubach[/b] , believe it.

Yeah right! And Wade Phillips is the next Tom Landry!

• Son of a bitch.

Travis Henry Facing One-Year Suspension

Henry better win the appeal and get some clean piss or any hopes the Broncos might have had for a successful season/wild card will be laid to rest.

• Son of a bitch.

Travis Henry Facing One-Year Suspension

Henry better win the appeal and get some clean piss or any hopes the Broncos might have had for a successful season/wild card will be laid to rest.

Should've called Michael Irving before that test!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Son of a bitch.

<a href="http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/nfl/stories/100507dnsponhlhenry.364c911.html">Travis Henry Facing One-Year Suspension</a>

Focking Fuck. Mr. Henry is on My Fantasy Team. Ever hear of the Whizzinator?

• Focking Fuck. Mr. Henry is on My Fantasy Team. Ever hear of the Whizzinator?

OH HELLS YEAH. THAT Frickin' DOPER HENRY BET'NOT PLAY THIS WEEKEND!!!!! GET HIM OUT OF THERE. THAT DIRTY POTHEAD.

• Hey Gene, can Reggie handle all that weight on his shoulders this weekend?

• Hey Gene, can Reggie handle all that weight on his shoulders this weekend?

Shit. He's supposed to be able to. I got faith, but I'm biased. It's like "what I'm 'po to say?".

We saw what the cat did at USC. Was it a fluke of his athleticism being perfect for the college game? He ran behind a line that usually was a mismatch for his opponents. It will be interesting to see.

Part of it is that Payton has to make sure he has a chance to succeed. He can't always try to run him on some fluke play shit. Let's go I-form, line him up behind Karney (who is a road-grader of a FB) and let's see what the kid can do.

• "what I'm 'po to say?".

YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO SAY YOU ARE GOING TO KICK THE SHIT OUT THE PANTHERS!!!

I would like the young man to have a breakout game, but I fear Payton will ride him too hard (especially after some interceptions) and he'll get injured.

• If I'm going to be cocky about something, I'd at least like it to be based on a scintilla of reality. Right now, it doesn't look like the Saints are gonna kick the shit out of anyone. But I agree w/ your general theory.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    lets do dis.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    looks like were gonna have ourselves a game here!

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    holy shit the broncos are awful. this is the first time in nearly 20 years of following this team where i just did not feel like watching the entire game. embarrassing. shanahan needs to go.

Oh good. Finally -- the Packers LOST!

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    stop hatin on the redskins

• Oh good. Finally -- the Packers LOST!

This was a total wtf game. The Pack comes out putting up 300+ yards in the first half, and then gets totally shut down in the second?! Bears D stood up in the second half and Griese looked somewhat composed. Pentalties and turnovers fucked this game for them big time.

So, who's a contender and who's a pretender?

Oh good. Finally -- the Packers LOST!

This was a total wtf game. The Pack comes out putting up 300+ yards in the first half, and then gets totally shut down in the second?! Bears D stood up in the second half and Griese looked somewhat composed. Pentalties and turnovers fucked this game for them big time.

So, who's a contender and who's a pretender?

Contender:

The Steelers. They were without Palamalou and Hines Ward and STILL smeared the Seahawks.

The Chargers: They are back, baby. They are in a weak as hell conference so they will make the playoffs.

Pretender:

Tampa Bay Bucs.

Lions.

Packers.

Basically the whole NFC minus the Cryboys.

Tonight: Cowboys 38 Buffalo 10

Big game for T.O. and Romo will do his thang.

Buffalo's rookie QB will come back to earth after last week's win.

I expect 6 sacks.

• Pretender:

Basically the whole NFC minus the Cryboys.

Did you hear how Favre was reffering to himself as an "old Tony Romo" and Madden kept bringing that up? That shit was nauseating.

NFC would have some more contenders if only teams stayed consistent. This one great game one shitty game, or great first half shitty second half stuff is for the birds.

• For real:

Pats
    Colts
    Cowboys

Can step in if above falter:

Steelers
    Packers
    Chargers (they'll make the playoffs, and no one will want a piece of that)
    Titans (maybe, though I'm stretching.)

EVERYONE ELSE

• RAJ MAKE THE HURTING STOP PLEASE.

RAJ MAKE THE HURTING STOP PLEASE.

106.00 - 27.00
    vs BiggDogg Productions

And I have Romo yet to play tonight.

"You all will die a slow , painful death"

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    This victory goes out to edpowers - again.

• holy shit the broncos are awful. this is the first time in nearly 20 years of following this team where i just did not feel like watching the entire game. embarrassing. shanahan needs to go.

I don't agree with anybody that says Shanahan needs to go. 20 year fan or not. He is one of the best coaches in the league. Yesterday's game was not entirely his fault, it was admittedly the fault of many people on the team Frickin' up. Terrible game though. Worst home loss since 1966 I believe. I couldn't watch it either. Was this payback for the Rockies stomping the shit out of the Padres?

• This victory goes out to edpowers - again.

Please. You make 8 million wild-ass predictions and one comes through and you want some credit?????

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Gene...it don't get much worse than this, does it?

Seriously...that conspiracy theory is starting to look possible!!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Seriously...that conspiracy theory is starting to look possible!!

No idea what you're talking about.