THE OFFICIAL NFL 2007 THREAD

Comments

• Gene...it don't get much worse than this, does it?

Haha. Seems like business as usual to me. The Hand of God has reached down and put the Saints and their fans back where we're 'po to be. I could only watch and laugh yesterday cos it was so classic in every fashion. It was hard to get too worked up...I was still sporting a pretty intense LSU/UF buzz. The sickness is team-wide though. Brees is playing horribly. Devery needs to go. Now. Mark Simoneua is the worst MLB in the NFL and probably Division-I college football as well. Watching lil' Steve Smith carry our CB and S to victory was just hilarious. Football follies, baby!!!!

Seriously...that conspiracy theory is starting to look possible!!

You been pilin' on a lil' bit, Rock. I guess our consistent ownage of the Cowboys has left a mark on you.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Gene...it don't get much worse than this, does it?

Haha. Seems like business as usual to me. The Hand of God has reached down and put the Saints and their fans back where we're 'po to be. I could only watch and laugh yesterday cos it was so classic in every fashion. It was hard to get too worked up...I was still sporting a pretty intense LSU/UF buzz. The sickness is team-wide though. Brees is playing horribly. Devery needs to go. Now. Mark Simoneua is the worst MLB in the NFL and probably Division-I college football as well. Watching lil' Steve Smith carry our CB and S to victory was just hilarious. Football follies, baby!!!!

My weekend started with the slippery hands of Jamal Charles, redeemed itself with the sheer force of Jacob Hester, and then fell flat again with the Westlaker playing dud rather than dude. Overall, it was a great football weekend.

My weekend started with the slippery hands of Jamal Charles, redeemed itself with the sheer force of Jacob Hester, and then fell flat again with the Westlaker playing dud rather than dude. Overall, it was a great football weekend.

You forgot to mention the big brass balls of our coach, ONIONS.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

You forgot to mention the big brass balls of our coach, ONIONS.

I forgot to mention that LBJ slattered Reagan by a score of 70-6.

But yeah, Miles is insanely risky...and somehow it's working for him.

92,000+ packed in Death Valley...ya gotta love it!!!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Who caught Travis Johnsons un-PC comments about Trent Green's potentially career ending lowblow block?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Seriously...that conspiracy theory is starting to look possible!!

You been pilin' on a lil' bit, Rock. I guess our consistent ownage of the Cowboys has left a mark on you.

Dude....you don't know what pilin' on is!!!

After that beatdown last year in Dallas and me having to put on the Brees jersey that Scott brought with him to the game I can really enjoy your downfall.

The conspiracy that I posted earlier was some nut saying the league had ordered teams to lose to the Saints last year so they could capitalize on the nationwide sympathy for N.O. and gain non-traditional NFL fans as a result.

Sounded nuts.....but 0fer so far this year.....JEEEZ!!

• Who caught Travis Johnsons un-PC comments about Trent Green's potentially career ending lowblow block?

I saw that shit on Sunday night when Olberman was talking about it. Not to excuse what Johnson did after the play or what he said after the game, because it was straight up foul, but why did Green even go for that block, it wouldn't have made a difference in that play. Diving in front of a 300+lb lineman, really?!

• This victory goes out to edpowers - again.

Congratulations, you finally got one right.

Bears didn't win that game; Packers lost it.

What the hell is happening in Buffalo? Can someone say 'trap game'?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

INT #4!!!

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

this is the first time buffalo has been on monday night in like 13 years.

and it looks like dallas was looking ahead to new england.

go bills!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Jesus. Who wants to win?

shit, im tracking this via yahoo sports... no cable and im in the process of moving... but damn i hope my bills pull through with the W.

shit, im tracking this via yahoo sports... no cable and im in the process of moving... but damn i hope my bills pull through with the W.

You are missing one of the best games in a lonnng time.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Holy shit.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I JUST GOT GOOOSE BUMPS.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

MIND BLOWN. ROMO REDEEMS HIMSELF. KICKER IS THE HERO. TWICE FROM 52 YDS. THIS IS JUST NUTS.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

This encapsulates the 90s for the Bills. Minus the whole good team part.

Holy shit.

Unreal. This reminds me of the Bears - Cardinals of last year. Not a good night for Bills' fans.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    5-0, baby!!! How 'bout 'dem Cowboys!!!! Where you at, Phill???? What!!! The Pigeons can't funk with da' Boys!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Bonkers.

Frickin' Cowboys. They might be on some "charmed" shit after tonight, but the Pats are gonna bring a nice dose of reality in a mere six days.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Reminds me of last year's Bears/Cardinals game.

friggin' Cowboys.

Bonkers.

Frickin' Cowboys. They might be on some "charmed" shit after tonight, but the Pats are gonna bring a nice dose of reality in a mere six days.

motherf*^%^%&%^^*er! it might be another 13 years before the bills are on MNF again. *sigh*
    i aint a patriots fan but i hope they run wreckshop on those cowboys next week.

and yes i am

-rich

This encapsulates the 90s for the Bills. Minus the whole good team part.

serious.

on the brightside the retro uni's are very nice.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    haha wow.

Dallas has to be the luckiest undefeated team EVAR.

I feel bad for the Bills, who played their hearts out
    with a team of second- and third-stringers, and just could
    not quite seal the deal.

I was listening to the game on the radio driving home from
    my hockey game, and Boomer Esiason was FREAKING OUT when the
    Cowboys were making the drive in the last minute, cause Romo
    didn't call a couple of time outs ... like, he was literally
    screaming "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?! CALL THE DAMN TIME OUT!!!!"
    haha he was all apologizing to Marv Alpert for losing it, Marv
    was like "you're scaring me, Boomer"

• Last night was some shit. How do you win a game after giving up 6 turnovers? Only to the Frickin' Bills.

Any of you guys still think Romo's the truth? And what happened to the Cowboys running game?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Last night was some shit. How do you win a game after giving up 6 turnovers? Only to the Frickin' Bills.

Any of you guys still think Romo's the truth? And what happened to the Cowboys running game?

Honestly, the Cowboys offense looked like crap.....but I'm glad we got that bad game out of the way and could still come home with a W.....the Defense only gave up 3 points.

I'm hoping this was a wake-up call and they come to play next Sunday vs. the Pats.

I still expect a good game.

• autoauto 198 Posts
    Suddenly talk-less T.O. tries new tactic: a note in place of talking

IRVING, Texas (AP) -- A new tactic for Terrell Owens: instead of talking, he wrote a note.

Even Owens apparently knows the Dallas Cowboys' game Sunday against New England, a pair of 5-0 teams and multiple Super Bowl winners, doesn't need any extra hype.

Nor does Tom Brady vs. Tony Romo, and more interestingly, Owens vs. Randy Moss in a matchup of the league's highest-scoring offenses.

In place of the usually talkative receiver, reporters found at Owens' locker Wednesday a nearly poster-sized, typewritten note:

"Dear Reporters,

"Due to the magnitude of this week's game and high volume of questions for the Original 81 about the other 81. I will be taking all questions immediately following Sunday's game.

"Sincerely, (followed by Owens' signature)

"p.s. Getcha Popcorn Ready."

The "other 81" was an obvious reference to Moss, the controversial five-time Pro Bowl receiver who after two difficult years in Oakland is flourishing in his first season with the Patriots.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-no-talkto&prov=ap&type=lgns

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    "... and at home, I got a call from Tony Romo -
    the FBI Bill Belichick was tapping his telephone-o"[/b]