new KANYE WEST ALBUM....(weak-related)

Comments

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Sounds cool to me.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    did anyone else think the beat for barry bonds was kinda dope?

Bangin beat - Nottz produced it though

• Sounds cool to me.

Honestly.

Feeling like people are basically hating the lush electronic style that he has opted here, which makes sense on a website for record collectors, but I'm liking the that he is trying some new things with the production instead of sticking to old formulas. There are definitley some horrible tracks on here, but the hatery going on here is off the hook. Or maybe I don't have any ears, although it would be cool if Thes could send me a copy of reason.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    What about record collectors that collect lush electronic music??? They are numerous in here...Watch what you say dude.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Sounds cool to me.

Honestly.

Feeling like people are basically hating the lush electronic style that he has opted here, which makes sense on a website for record collectors, but I'm liking the that he is trying some new things with the production instead of sticking to old formulas. There are definitley some horrible tracks on here, but the hatery going on here is off the hook. Or maybe I don't have any ears, although it would be cool if Thes could send me a copy of reason.

please. you're making excuses that people aren't on his level. its just a weak output. Its ok, it happens.

And I think the reason he is catching so much shit on here is because people have followed him for a long time and know what he is capable of doing and its much better than this.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Sounds cool to me.

Honestly.

is it really that innovative?
    sounds like he hopped on timberlands steez of the past 2 years...
    and that's probably insulting to timberlands stuff (which i dont listen to) because all kanye did was use the same 90s-techno synth on every track.

its weird but the kanye-does-timbaland shit is some of my favorite stuff on here, not that any of it is as good as 'the way i are' but lots of it is more interesting than most other recent timbo shit anyway (much better record than the timbaland solo LP)

this kind of dark synth shit that timbo has been on also reminds me of the last diddy album ... and even the new britney single. kanye is doing like the sunshine version of that. good stuff, 80s revival-y nu-synthpop or something

the Van Halen "Jump" comparison was a good one.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

sounds like he hopped on timberland daft punk's steez of the past 2 5 years ago...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

sounds like he hopped on timberland daft punk's steez of the past 2 5 years ago...
    i agree with this too

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    which tracks are you guys hearing "kanye does timbaland" on here?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

i agree with this too

I wouldn't know, cuz I'm a gangsta.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    lush electronic style

LOL

• 40ozking40ozking 308 Posts
    Doesn't anybody see how much of an influence A-Trak had on this album?

• What about record collectors that collect lush electronic music??? They are numerous in here...Watch what you say dude.

All I'm saying is: will the lush elecronic music collectors stand up? Are you riding for this Kanye record?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    All I'm saying is: will the lush elecronic music collectors stand up? Are you riding for this Kanye record?

Not at all.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

Not at all.

fuckin a, you dont even like this record? am i really the only person that really likes it? damn.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts

This is not lush electronic music.
    This is tasty jazztronica.

IMG SRC=http://img.coxnewsweb.com/C/03/73/00/image_3900733.jpg>

• All I'm saying is: will the lush elecronic music collectors stand up? Are you riding for this Kanye record?

This is not lush electronic music.
    This is tasty jazztronica.

IMG SRC=http://img.coxnewsweb.com/C/03/73/00/image_3900733.jpg>

I'm hearing nothing tasty jazztronic about this music aside from the adjective+noun+tronic descriptive phrases that it inspires.

This album has split the strut harder than a whinehouse.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    should i even bother listening to this? i think i've heard stronger maybe once or twice and nothing beyond that?

• All I'm saying is: will the lush elecronic music collectors stand up? Are you riding for this Kanye record?

Not at all.

fuckin a, you dont even like this record? am i really the only person that really likes it? damn.

I'm gonna ride for this album. Now in no way is Kanye listed in my book of top mc's but I do find him amusing on the mic. He also has emotion (something a majority a mc's in the game lack now).

In regards to the production, some of it does sound rushed and unmixed, but in my opinion it works...
    What u might consider as cheesy synths, I like... I grew up playing alot of Nintendo so I can see why I like it and why other's may not..

Regardless, u cannot front on "Everything I Am" or the synth arrangement on "Flash Light" (the chorus bothers me but it still get's a pass). "Good Mourning" & "I Wonder" also are good in my opinion as well.. I was't mad at "Champion" but that chick singing on the bridge killed me. I passed on the "drunk & hot girl" track but after hearing the original, I can see what Kanye & Mos were trying to do... I always liked "Can't Tell Me Nothing" & "Barry Bonds". "Stronger" grew on me... Regardless, the T Pain track (which is the next single) is fun and will end up being the biggest track off of this album...

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    basicly, i think drunk and hot girls totally sucks in a major way.

but as for most of the rest of the album, im loving it.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    basicly, i think drunk and hot girls totally sucks in a major way.

but as for most of the rest of the album, im loving it.
    basically suma up my feelings about the album. sounds like daft punk on a major influence on kanye.

i'm amazed no one told him how much drunk and hot girls sicks ducks- and big brother is real cringe inducing.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Regardless, u cannot front on "Everything I Am" or the synth arrangement on "Flash Light" (the chorus bothers me but it still get's a pass). "Good Mourning" & "I Wonder" also are good in my opinion as well.. I was't mad at "Champion" but that chick singing on the bridge killed me. I passed on the "drunk & hot girl" track but after hearing the original, I can see what Kanye & Mos were trying to do... I always liked "Can't Tell Me Nothing" & "Barry Bonds". "Stronger" grew on me... Regardless, the T Pain track (which is the next single) is fun and will end up being the biggest track off of this album...

Musically, "Everything I Am" is nice but lyrically, it's corny as fuck...practically on a "Lost Ones" level yet somehow, more insipid. "Everything I'm not is everything I am?" I've seen fortune cookie wisdom that's more convincing.

BTW, what Common mix?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    they just mean the synths dude
    "good life"

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    they just mean the synths dude

"good life"

But that's a Dj Toomp track SMH,people are looking for every little excuse to hate on Ye it's getting ridiculous now.

• I like these tracks:
    Champion
    Stronger
    I Wonder
    Can't Tell Me Nothing
    Barry Bonds
    Flashlights
    The Glory (samples Laura Nyro!)

I like the Timbaland synths & fun hooks a lot. It's nothing new or groundbreaking but that's ok. Fun is fun. Some of these tracks are dumb anthems for the ages. Some of these tracks pass the whip test in a big way.

The bad tracks are really bad. Big Brother is embarrassing like the family dinner in "The Celebration" is embarrassing, especially since the album ends this way. "You can be my black Kate Moss tonight" is probably the cheesiest line ever. I thought he was a marginally better rapper than he is on this. Verbally he is just annoying with his whole "top five" thing. Give me a break. More like top 5,000.

Did he always mention Chicago the way he repeatedly does on this? It seems like he's trying to consolidate a longer term fan base; even though I guess he's from there, it feels cynical and calculated, like the Beach Boys singing about Salt Lake City.

IMHO Kanye is one of the most brilliant producers and the best practitioner of smooth sailing, easy to digest hip hop for white dilettantes like myself, even if he's an easy target for being so annoying on the mic. I say deal with it... Overall I prefer this to the pompous "magnum opus" / cover of Time vibe of the last album.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    IMHO Kanye is one of the most brilliant producers and the best practitioner of smooth sailing, easy to digest hip hop for white dilettantes like myself, even if he's an easy target for being so annoying on the mic. I say deal with it...

• IMHO Kanye is one of the most brilliant producers and the best practitioner of smooth sailing, easy to digest hip hop for white dilettantes like myself, even if he's an easy target for being so annoying on the mic. I say deal with it... Overall I prefer this to the pompous "magnum opus" / cover of Time vibe of the last album.

So he would be the rap equivelent of Kenny G? or Michael Bolton?

When you put it in that perspective it makes more sense.

• Any ideas of why the music comes off so lazy?

truncated "Pee Wee's Dance" snare on "I Wonder"?

• On today's listen I was struck by how Kanye's "I've got alot of cheese award" has multiple meanings. But I'm definitely still liking this cheese, and my female roomates have approved as well. I'm playing flashing lights out tonight.

• IMHO Kanye is one of the most brilliant producers and the best practitioner of smooth sailing, easy to digest hip hop for white dilettantes like myself, even if he's an easy target for being so annoying on the mic. I say deal with it...

Is that Christopher Cross?