new KANYE WEST ALBUM....(weak-related)

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I'm honestly not expecting to hear a better album than UGK for what's left of this year.

co-sign.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Finding Forever/Common vs Kanye's Album?

Critique pleez. Im not coppin West's cd.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    a couple cutesy tracks but the singles are the strongest songs along with barry bonds, can't be mad at the "I wonder" track but Curtis is just gonna absolutely crush this murakami pink polo louis vuitton don haze

ayo technology and the akon track are absolutely killing it

• If any of you really truly think the beats on here are hot I will personally mail you a bootleg of Reason with the standard patches and a piano fake book/chord list. I'll give you two hours noodling on that shit and you'll have the same beats.

From a technical standpoint most of this shit is a joke. The only thing not funny is that with the current state of music no one expects more.

• It is what it is - I'm not sure what else one should expect from Kanye?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    If any of you really truly think the beats on here are hot I will personally mail you a bootleg of Reason with the standard patches and a piano fake book/chord list. I'll give you two hours noodling on that shit and you'll have the same beats.

From a technical standpoint most of this shit is a joke. The only thing not funny is that with the current state of music no one expects more.

Any ideas of why the music comes off so lazy? It's not like Kanye isn't capable of better - is he phoning it in b/c he can get away with it? Or just b/c he felt like it?

To be honest though: I'm sure those who actually do this stuff can pick up on how weaksauce the production is. From my point of view, it doesn't actually sound that bad but many of the beats feel very "background" to me. Very little memorable save for the songs with more obvious melodic hooks like "Everything I Am," "I Wonder," and "Good Life."

• It is what it is - I'm not sure what else one should expect from Kanye?

I mean considering what dude's recording budget must have been I expect more in plethora of areas. Shit should be at least as sonic as Miseducation, but both his and Com's album sound like shit. Some one needs to disconnect their dongle.

Too many crap plug-ins make for

O: I think dude is trying to avoid paying people to session on it, trying to avoid paying for samples, trying to avoid this and that.... and honestly believes he can do the job just as good because he's so full of himself. I'm sure he's surrounded by yesmen who are not going to say "yo Kan, if you stop sampling and start playing are you sure you shouldn't take some piano and theory lessons or get someone in here to co-produce like you did on your old albums?"

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    maybe he wants a "less polished" sound?

• No I agree that the production value could be much higher given the budget. I don't think there's a real commitment there to sonic excellence... that said I do like the tunes I've heard in the "knock it in your ride" way... I don't think it's something I'll be jamming often, but I listened to Flex run through like 7 cuts all of which were pretty tight (against the other stuff he was playing that night - mainstream whatever).

I just have to say, I find "Big Brother" utterly fascinating in a car wreck sort of way.

I'm imagining Jay turned to Beyonce and saying, "man, Ye caught some feelings, what the fuck?"

• MY BIIIIIIIG BROOTHHER WASSSSS BIIGGGGS BROOTTTTHHHEER.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    It is what it is - I'm not sure what else one should expect from Kanye?

Well, I thought his last record was fairly rich and sophisticated, both in terms of production and arrangement. Not exactly street-banger material, granted, but it had a musical depth that seemed absent from a lot of what was around at the same time, and I'm not just talking about hip-hop records here either.

I think I get what a lot of people are saying about the beats but, without wanting to grant the record a kind of self-consciously arty significance it may not actually possess (even if Kanye thinks otherwise), there's clearly some kind of overall concept at work here. Whether it comes off is another matter altogether. I've listened to it a few times now and I do think it's a little short on surprises. I can see it being a big pop record, though.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    If any of you really truly think the beats on here are hot I will personally mail you a bootleg of Reason with the standard patches and a piano fake book/chord list. I'll give you two hours noodling on that shit and you'll have the same beats.

Any ideas of why the music comes off so lazy? It's not like Kanye isn't capable of better - is he phoning it in b/c he can get away with it? Or just b/c he felt like it?

To be honest though: I'm sure those who actually do this stuff can pick up on how weaksauce the production is. From my point of view, it doesn't actually sound that bad but many of the beats feel very "background" to me. Very little memorable save for the songs with more obvious melodic hooks like "Everything I Am," "I Wonder," and "Good Life."

its lazy cause they have gone hollywood is all. both Common and Kanye have a bunch of yes men around them and are completely disconnected from the skreets or the kids etc. This is trash. Its made for the hollywood crowd that doesn't buy music in the first place. I think this is going to fly over the majority of america's head.

PS. Kanye has always been the worst rapper its about time some of ya'll started hearing/admitting it.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    MY BIIIIIIIG BROOTHHER WASSSSS BIIGGGGS BROOTTTTHHHEER.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah that whole track didn't make a lick of sense to me.

Kanye has always been the worst rapper its about time some of ya'll started hearing/admitting it.

There's just so much competition out there for this title, it's hard to choose. I'm not mad at Kanye but he's not the God MC or anything.

• 40ozking40ozking 308 Posts
    i dunno about "the French"...i know about me.
    And liking electronic dont mean you have to love Kanye's album dude. For your info, i could school you about accoustic music so stay the fuck away from me with your stereotyped uneducated remarks...lol. I tought the Americans was really smarter right now...

And liking electronic dont mean you have to love Kanye's album dude. For your info, i could school you about accoustic music so stay the fuck away from me with your stereotyped uneducated remarks...lol. I tought the Americans was really smarter right now...

More like mad-doggie for days.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

File this album under "becky" rap.

that 50Cent isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Its not great, and I really can't listen to 50 as a rapper anymore, but there are definately some nice joints on it productionwise.

Thx for the upload.

• 40ozking40ozking 308 Posts

More like mad-doggie for days.

What up O? U get that Common mix I sent u?

Kanye has always been the worst rapper its about time some of ya'll started hearing/admitting it.

There's just so much competition out there for this title, it's hard to choose. I'm not mad at Kanye but he's not the God MC or anything.

yeh but with this steaming pile of shit he is now pretty far in the lead for the title. Dude seriously needs to be knocked down a couple of notches.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    MY BIIIIIIIG BROOTHHER WASSSSS BIIGGGGS BROOTTTTHHHEER.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah that whole track didn't make a lick of sense to me.

This is the clean version, right? Maybe looped over to make it clean or maybe I'm giving Kanye to much credit.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    a big disappointment especially when you consider how good the artwork was.

Good point, forgot about the cover...it matches the music contained quite well.

It sounds like Kanye made an album then it was stripped to the bone, most samples & grooves removed, then A LOT of VSTi synths were put in their place. I guess he's trying to compete with Timbo's Timberlake/Furtado synthstraviganza?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I'm guessing that reading this thread is much more entertaining than listening to Kanye's album.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I'm guessing that reading this thread is much more entertaining than listening to Kanye's album.

Correct. The last track is one of those so bad it's funny moments though.

Correct. The last track is one of those so bad it's funny moments though.

I am saying. It's kind of an amazing song without actually being "good."

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

yeh but with this steaming pile of shit he is now pretty far in the lead for the title. Dude seriously needs to be knocked down a couple of notches.

Anytime someone mentions Kanye, you come out the gate frothing. He's easily subpar, but have you heard some of the crap thats out there?

The Kanye album is kinda boring tho....

Anytime someone mentions Kanye, you come out the gate frothing. He's easily subpar, but have you heard some of the crap thats out there?

The Kanye album is kinda boring tho....

I call it like it is. If the album was even remotely good I would have given him credit. The only good part about the Kanye album is the Nottz track, but that's because of Notzz, not because of Kanye.

To me Kanye really hasn't really put out anything beatwise that is even close to the production he was doing with Roc-A-Fella before he went solo. On top of that his rapping has gone from bad to awful.

• Damn I???m real disappointed in this album, I really enjoyed his first two albums even Kanye???s vocals. I always thought he comes of a little awkward but there was something about his delivery/lyrics that I liked.
    But sadly on this album I can get with neither the beats or lyrics

Was hoping both Common and Kanye were going to come with the goods but both failed to deliver.

• all i know is "break my heart" off of common's album is sick. I really like the way kanye used michael henderson's "someday".

The people cut is tight to, because the gil scott heron( "we almost lost detroit)sample was nicely used...

also the black(maybe) sample they got from syreeta is dope as well.

Cuts where Kayne uses the sample straight up, and just plays them out or doubles them up, he does pretty well. I just hate when he transposes samples to the point they sound like a harp....