new KANYE WEST ALBUM....(weak-related)

123457»

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    ok

whip test? check
    ipod test? check

the album is fucking fire and haters are just gonna have to deal with it.

I mean, if you hate it now, you're REALLY gonna hate it when every song on this thing is everywhere.

Its a massive record. make no mistake.

Local Black EXP test........

I don't know if I pass the SS black enough litmus test but I personally am in agreement with Bside here.

Man, I fully expected this thread to taint my enjoyment of Graduation after reading through it this weekend. So much hate. This a good album! I swear, some of ya'll act a little too raelschitt for your own good and it's gonna catch up with you one of these days.

Nah, you know what I think it is? It's that dude has set a standard for his music with the last 2 albums and it doesn't feel like he tried as hard with this one. At least not beatwise. Again, I STILL haven't sat through this so I'm holding my opinion on it, but at first listen it didn't sound as thorough as his last record.

I think like Soul said above, A-Track and the style of music he's into played a big part in shaping this record, as well as Timbaland and the whole stripped down synth sound that's been back for a minute. I would say this is like Kanye trying a new style he hasn't quite perfected yet. Going from samples with live instruments and crazy layers to a minimal synth approach is not as easy as it sounds. I bet if he stuck with it his next record would be even better.

• after listening to the full album 3 times this weekend, i think its pretty solid, but not extraordinary by any means. i might be missing a few, but these are the songs i was feeling:

- flashing lights
    - everything i am
    - the song with chris martin
    - champion

• Nah, you know what I think it is? It's that dude has set a standard for his music with the last 2 albums and it doesn't feel like he tried as hard with this one. At least not beatwise. Again, I STILL haven't sat through this so I'm holding my opinion on it, but at first listen it didn't sound as thorough as his last record.

I think like Soul said above, A-Track and the style of music he's into played a big part in shaping this record, as well as Timbaland and the whole stripped down synth sound that's been back for a minute. I would say this is like Kanye trying a new style he hasn't quite perfected yet. Going from samples with live instruments and crazy layers to a minimal synth approach is not as easy as it sounds. I bet if he stuck with it his next record would be even better.
    I'm pretty much with you. I still like the album but the beats really aren't fucking with the first two albums. Nottz made the best beat on this album.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Makes sense, day. I guess I'm not holding onto any kind of "good-ole days of Kanye" sentiment. I'm also not comparing it to his previous albums. If I did, this honestly wouldn't rank as high as the others. I see this as some kind of an experiment. He's eccentric enough to push the boundaries of the genre on a large scale and still have masses of people follow him on it. That's fine by me. Let's see what's next.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    yeah, i can't hate on this album. the last few years i kind of lost interest in kanye's output, but this past year i've been really excited by what he's been doing. i'd like to see him "master" this new style he's been toying with and come out with something everyone will flip over.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    UGG. I JUST WASTED 45 MINUTES OF MY LIFE LISTENING TO THIS RECORD. THE RAPPING AND THE SYNTHS GAVE ME A QUEEZY UNEASY FEELING IN MY STOMACH AND I FEEL A BIT 'DUMBER' NOW TOO.

• A QUEEZY UNEASY FEELING IN MY STOMACH AND I FEEL A BIT

Mexican Pizza related problems resurface.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Nottz made the best beat on this album.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Glad to see some people are coming around to this album.

I dont think its minimal or anything at all. Actually, i dont really think its all that extremely different from other stuff hes done.

Regardless, i love this record, and i think if yall gave it more than a passing listen out of your laptop speakers skipping through tracks after 20 or 30 seconds, you would really like it too,

• I CAN'T WAIT till like 3 years from now when I am reading an interview with Kanye about how is next album is going "back to the basics", and all that went wrong with this album. It will be even more enjoyable since everywhere you turn it is him talking about what a career defining or whatever album this is. THINK BLUEPRINT 2.5.

Putting on drunk and sexy grils to go back in a heroin-type nod till then.

And how 1999 is it to have Chris Martin on a track.

• I've heard the kanye...just got the full thing...and so far...not super feeling it...

hate to say it...but, 50's "Ayo Technology" kills anything on the Kanye's album...that timbo beat is hot...

I'll give the Kanye another chance...but, I wasn't impressed so far...

although, I would like to hear the whole 50 album...do we have a legit link???

• is Mos Def channeling RehDogg on Drunk and Hot Girls?

listen at 2:56 in for reference.

I didn't even get why mos was on this shit...seemed out of place to me...am I the only one?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    And how 1999 is it to have Chris Martin on a track.