new KANYE WEST ALBUM....(weak-related)

Digger_Phelps_IIDigger_Phelps_II 174 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
its leaked..progressive garbage...my opinionedit- except the track with primo

Comments

• IMO better than his last two... easily the most "real-schitt-esque" music on the radio

Take it or leave it but I can't see how you could hate

• D E A D L I N K

reup?

• IMO better than his last two... easily the most "real-schitt-esque" music on the radio

so you managed to stay awake for the duration of "drunk & hot girls"?
    i'm impressed.

a lot of the songs sounded like good "concepts" but man do they drag during execution...and the punchline lyrics are crowbarred throughout...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    easily the most "real-schitt-esque" music on the radio

Come again.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    That song that flips "PYT" is immensely appealing to the '80s baby in me (even if technically, I'm a 70s baby)

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    That song that flips "PYT" is immensely appealing to the '80s baby in me (even if technically, I'm a 70s baby)

will this jam be to the 2000s what more money more problems was to the 90s?

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    That song that flips "PYT" is immensely appealing to the '80s baby in me (even if technically, I'm a 70s baby) [/quote

I dig that song too. The album is hit or miss to me.Ye isn't the greatest rapper but he is interesting to listen to more than anything. Some of the beats sound like a hip hop version of van halen jump. "Big Brother" is a passive agressive dis song. Never really heard one of those in rap before.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    D E A D L I N K

reup?
    plaese.

• easily the most "real-schitt-esque" music on the radio

Come again.

Maybe you can refresh my memory - what is That (other) Real Schitt getting played on New York radio?

will this jam be to the 2000s what more money more problems was to the 90s?

Doubtful. I don't see it being a bigger hit than "Gold Digger" was. But damn, it's a fun listen.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    D E A D L I N K

reup?
    plaese.

Dude must have a team of interns scouring the internets for dl links. Every one i find is dead.

i'm impressed.

I should've noted, that I've heard maybe 6 or 7 songs off the record... by no means have I sat through it all. I should probably retract my "better than his last two" claim although all of his records have been uneven, I'm sure this will be no different.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    IMO better than his last two... easily the most "real-schitt-esque" music on the radio

i'm impressed.

I should've noted, that I've heard maybe 6 or 7 songs off the record... by no means have I sat through it all. I should probably retract my "better than his last two" claim although all of his records have been uneven, I'm sure this will be no different.

copping pleas.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    so far i'm FEEEELING THIS SHIT!!!
    FUCK!

I didn't make it. FF button for real.

I can't say this is better than the last two albums just based on first reaction. It's less ambitious musically, a shorter album but doesn't necessarily benefit from its relative brevity. That said, I'm feeling a good handful of songs which was the case with both his last two albums.

Come again.

Maybe you can refresh my memory - what is That (other) Real Schitt getting played on New York radio?

Looking at Hot 97's playlist, I'd have to go with TI and Wylclef's You Know What It Is.

Strange that I'm not seeing Gorilla Zoe on there, although that's probably related to a different definition of "real ish".

Either way, here in TX, I'd have to go with Big Pokey's verse from Rob G's How Ya Like Me Now.

Come again.

Strange that I'm not seeing Gorilla Zoe on there, although that's probably related to a different definition of "real ish".

Either way, here in TX, I'd have to go with Big Pokey's verse from Rob G's How Ya Like Me Now.

who...what??

I'm not sure how to feel about "Big Brother." I normally like these "behind the scenes" songs but it's like a diary entry that I'm not sure everyone else needs to be reading.

I didn't make it. FF button for real.

five minutes of this crap.

Come again.

who...what??

Welcome to this week.

• from what I gather the DIRTY leak will be up tomororw..

but maybe thats just bullshit I was told???

• easily the most "real-schitt-esque" music on the radio

Come again.

Looking at Hot 97's playlist, I'd have to go with TI and Wylclef's You Know What It Is.

Nice song, Not That Real Schitt.

And no, they are not playing Gorilla Zoe unless it's on Coffee Shoppe.

from what I gather the DIRTY leak will be up tomororw..

but maybe thats just bullshit I was told???

It's only a matter of time but really - the clean leak isn't that different. It's not like Kanye swears all that much in his songs.

"homecoming" was waaaaay better as "home", with the patti labelle sample and all.

Come again.

Nice song, Not That Real Schitt.

And no, they are not playing Gorilla Zoe unless it's on Coffee Shoppe.

!!!!????THEY'RE NOT PLAYING GORILLA ZOE????!!!!

That is absolutely unfathomable to me.

Y'all are seriously lost up there, ha?

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Steely Dan/Kid Charlamagne sample!

• I'm not sure how to feel about "Big Brother." I normally like these "behind the scenes" songs but it's like a diary entry that I'm not sure everyone else needs to be reading.

i dont think he was even TRYING with that beat....disgust..very neptune-y

whats that "i wonder" sample?
    sounds familiar.
    and what happened to timbo re-doing the drums on "stronger"
    this album has a lot of that big techno synth sound that timbo's been fuckin with.

and "everything i am" is