new KANYE WEST ALBUM....(weak-related)

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    THIS IS AWFUL. Really some of the worst shit I've ever heard, the synths sound like some stock DX7 presets out of the 80s. The only thing mildly good about this whole album is the instrumental of Stronger.

So DX7 presets aren't awesome and the instrumental to "Stronger" is good?

Correct on both accounts, except I said decent, not good. And really only decent cause its Timbaland drums and a Daft Punk sample.

This is really unlistenable. Kanye's rhymes remind me of that Miss South Carolina video.

Have you always felt that way? It's not like Kanye suddenly "dumbed down" his lyrics.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    THIS IS AWFUL. Really some of the worst shit I've ever heard, the synths sound like some stock DX7 presets out of the 80s. The only thing mildly good about this whole album is the instrumental of Stronger.

Correct on both accounts, except I said decent, not good. And really only decent cause its Timbaland drums and a Daft Punk sample.

This is really unlistenable. Kanye's rhymes remind me of that Miss South Carolina video.

Timbo did the drums on that shit? Jesus, them shits is SOFT.

Not

• i dont think he was even TRYING with that beat....disgust..very neptune-y

I think Toomp did this beat and it sounds nothing like a Neptunes beat.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

This is really one of the worst records I have ever heard. Big Brother is some music you'd expect to hear when you beat a really long video game.

Surely the 80s synths/anime/video game vibe is the whole idea? I'm listening to it now, and I think it's pretty decent. What's interesting to me is just how influential Daft Punk's "Discovery" has turned out to be. A lot of people were shitting on that record when it came out, and I hear it everywhere nowadays, especially on this. I dunno - even if you don't particularly care for what Kanye does, I think he at least deserves credit for attempting something different with each of his albums. He certainly ain't making the obvious moves. And while I agree with Thes up to a point about Kanye's favourite topic being himself, this is hip-hop after all - plenty of emcees have never been what you'd call shy about talking themselves up down the years, so Kanye's "mememe" approach ain't all that unusual within the broader scheme of things.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    I think people are too emotional... :25pager:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/52326309/fiteesentkurt.rar.html for those who asked for the re-up...

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

Have you always felt that way? It's not like Kanye suddenly "dumbed down" his lyrics.

Yes. Kanye used to be a decent producer, never a good rapper. This is really a new low. Everything sounds half-finished, samples coming in off rhythm in a bad way, Beats that go nowhere. Kanye may have a great ear for the pop aesthetic, but I can't stand this stuff.

And why do he and Jay-Z think it's such a great idea to do a song with Chris Martin?

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    I think people are too emotional... :25pager:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/52326309/fiteesentkurt.rar.html for those who asked for the re-up...

Thanks dude, too bad this clean version is un-listenable!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    kanye used to be a funny rapper, now he's just inane

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Kanye's rhymes remind me of that Miss South Carolina video.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Kanye's rhymes remind me of that Miss South Carolina video.

No that position would be taken by C.L. Smooth.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    wasnt expecting to feel this album at all, and i still think 'dont tell me nothin' and 'stronger' are trash, but this is sounding pretty good, in a hair metal stadium rap way

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    easily the most "real-schitt-esque" music on the radio

Come again.

Maybe you can refresh my memory - what is That (other) Real Schitt getting played on New York radio?

Looking at Hot 97's playlist, I'd have to go with TI and Wylclef's You Know What It Is.

Nice song, Not That Real Schitt.

And no, they are not playing Gorilla Zoe unless it's on Coffee Shoppe.

!!!!????THEY'RE NOT PLAYING GORILLA ZOE????!!!!

That is absolutely unfathomable to me.

Y'all are seriously lost up there, ha?

Dude, gorilla zoe?

gorilla no.

the kanye shit is the best thing ive heard all year by like a mile and a half.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    easily the most "real-schitt-esque" music on the radio

Come again.

Maybe you can refresh my memory - what is That (other) Real Schitt getting played on New York radio?

Looking at Hot 97's playlist, I'd have to go with TI and Wylclef's You Know What It Is.

Nice song, Not That Real Schitt.

And no, they are not playing Gorilla Zoe unless it's on Coffee Shoppe.

!!!!????THEY'RE NOT PLAYING GORILLA ZOE????!!!!

That is absolutely unfathomable to me.

Y'all are seriously lost up there, ha?

Dude, gorilla zoe?

gorilla no.

i'm feeling the kanye so far but gorilla zoe is good dude

Dude, gorilla zoe?

gorilla no.

Have you not been listening to anything this year? I don't hate the Kanye but jesus christ, the best thing by a whole 1.5?

• DescryDescry 229 Posts

Dude, gorilla zoe?

gorilla no.

Have you not been listening to anything this year? I don't hate the Kanye but jesus christ, the best thing by a whole 1.5?

best thing by a mile and 1.5? i'm with spank--that's quite the statement. to me, it's nothing more than all the new hipster-hop acts that're coming out lately. kid sister, most of diplo's rap remixes, spankrock, etc. it's just on a more consumer tangible level.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    kanye always been a pretty unbearable rapper, but this album has far more cringe-worthy in the lyric department than the last two. "i'm like gnarls barkley / meets charles barkley" what????

beat wise the only track i can really fuck with is the one with the steely dan sample, and even than has some pretty sloppy time stretch work on sample in the chorus (although to the layman that will mostly likely go unnoticed). the premire one is decent although it's ruined by kanye doing shit like rhyming "NAACA award" with "the i've-got-so-much-cheese-award"

"drunk and hot girls" is a new artistic low for rap music, almost of electric circus proportions.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Dude, gorilla zoe?

gorilla no.

best thing by a mile and 1.5? i'm with spank--that's quite the statement. to me, it's nothing more than all the new hipster-hop acts that're coming out lately. kid sister, most of diplo's rap remixes, spankrock, etc. it's just good[/b]

...in parts

i like the shit that sounds more synth-y and cool&dre/runners/snap-ish

kanye always been a pretty unbearable rapper, but this album has far more cringe-worthy in the lyric department than the last two. "i'm like gnarls barkley / meets charles barkley" what????

that wasn't as bad as the India.Arie line, especially after Common based made the same punchline.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

that wasn't as bad as the India.Arie line, especially after Common based made the same punchline.

i mean, we can go back and fourth about questionable lines if you want, but please tell me who else has made a whole album this good this year.....with rapping on it.

please, im serious, mabye i missed some stuff, but for me this is it.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

i mean, we can go back and fourth about questionable lines if you want, but please tell me who else has made a whole album this good this year.....with rapping on it.

UGK strikes me as the most obvious of several

• macacamacaca 278 Posts
    the album is super weak.
    his lyrics always make me smile (fuk y'alll)
    but the beats just arent for me.
    i guess the track 'everything i am' has premier doing the cuts.
    its aiiight. maybe 2 others. thats it.

• I like Kanye. I think he makes albums that are way more listenable as a whole than the majority of rappers these days. I do think this one isn't all that great or exciting, but I still like it. It's got some moments. It's just a tad dull.

The Can sampling drunk girls thing is lame. I don't ever need to hear a chorus like that.

Chris Martin singing about fireworks on Lake Michigan is almost offensive to me. It just seems so out of place and pointless. What does a Brit know about going home to fireworks at lake michigan. the "loyee oiyee oi" thing is creepy too.

the funniest part to me is "Champion." He's got some line about "I shop so much I could speak Italian." I wasn't paying attention too much and I heard that line, so next time the chorus rolls around I thought it said "Do you realize that you are Italian in their eyes."[/b] I was so confused. Listen to it, it sounds like it says that.

• is Mos Def channeling RehDogg on Drunk and Hot Girls?

listen at 2:56 in for reference.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    dis wan iz suppoz 2 b a durrty leak lyk dat wan tym u wuz wit dat stank hoe:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jvvivv

That was the WORSE listening session i've ever had since a while. Actually, i cannot even name one album as fucked up as this one.

First and foremost, props to Nottz and Toomp that kinda "saved" the LP from a complete titanical moment. Barry Bonds is the best beat indeed...And Cant Tell Me Nothing is a powerful message compared to the rest of the LP.
    Now with that said, the mix thru the LP is horrible. Amateur. Unfinished. Unbearable. The level of synths is just not right. Either their ears was fucked up, or they was on some heavy drug experience shit. Some tracks are not finished. They are demos. Some synth patches are just from outerspace. Even my daughter would play better. And even my neighbor would tell me those patches are not doing it. Mos Def and Miri probably discovered Opium the day they recorded that song...Voil??. Curtis won for me. And i don't like him either (the guntalk is too omnipresent for me)...

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

I'm not mad at this record at all, but no way is this even seeing the UGK album. I thought Kanye's last record was kinda spotty at first, but it grew on me a lot. This one may yet do the same, but I'm honestly not expecting to hear a better album than UGK for what's left of this year.

• 40ozking40ozking 308 Posts
    That was the WORSE listening session i've ever had since a while. Actually, i cannot even name one album as fucked up as this one.

First and foremost, props to Nottz and Toomp that kinda "saved" the LP from a complete titanical moment. Barry Bonds is the best beat indeed...And Cant Tell Me Nothing is a powerful message compared to the rest of the LP.
    Now with that said, the ix thru the LP is horrible. Amateur. Unfinished. Unbearable. The level of synths is just not right. Either their ears was fucked up, or they was on some heavy drug experience shit. Some tracks are not finished. They are demos. Some synth patches are just from outerspace. Even my daughter would play better. And even my neighbor would tell me those patches are not doing it. Mos Def and Miri probably discovered Opium the day they recorded that song...Voil??. Curtis won for me. And i don't like him either (the guntalk is too omnipresent for me)...

I thought the French were really into electronic music right now...

i dunno about "the French"...i know about me.
    And liking electronic dont mean you have to love Kanye's album dude. For your info, i could school you about accoustic music so stay the fuck away from me with your stereotyped uneducated remarks...lol. I tought the Americans was really smarter right now...

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    a big disappointment especially when you consider how good the artwork was.

a big disappointment especially when you consider how good the artwork was.