NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Ed.....Conley is supposedly the best PG in this year's draft and I think he is VERY suspect.

Who do you think is a starting NBA Point in this years draft???

I don't know about starting PG, but Law should be nice...

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    I just caught this on TV. A 4-team trade deal is on the table:

LA: gets KG

Indiana: gets Odom and Bynum

Boston: gets Jermaine O'neal

Minnesota: gets Al Jefferson and #5 draft pick from Boston.

if that happens, LA wins. Looks like indiana gets the short end of that deal though. anybody know what happened to marquis daniels? that dude was ballin when he played for the mavs.

There has to be tons of other stuff moneywise to make that work plus future draft considerations etc.

KG needs to come to the warriors. I will kindly give up adonal foyle, our 18th pick and jrich (although id rather give up steph jackson & harrington) make this happen mully!

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

Kobe didn't demand a trade as an ultimatum, he just wants to win again. If he gets another superstar big to play with, he'll shut up and be happy and shoot for success in the playoffs again. We'll see if anything goes down with that KG deal. That would be interesting...

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    anybody know what happened to marquis daniels? that dude was ballin when he played for the mavs.

he got traded to the pacers. he plays with a dunleavy. he watches JO cry. (Not saying he's a wimp, but if I were in his place, I think I would just walk around crying, so that's how I picture him.)
    that would definitely take the wind out of the sails of most mid-talent level SG's, don't you think?

Ed.....Conley is supposedly the best PG in this year's draft and I think he is VERY suspect.

BTW....I make that trade too if I'm Seattle.

Conley is good enough to start in the NBA but I really like Acie Law and that kid from G.Tech

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

BTW....I make that trade too if I'm Seattle.

Conley is good enough to start in the NBA but I really like Acie Law and that kid from G.Tech

I agree with Law.....2-3 years down the road....I think Conley is a bust....time will tell.

From the reports I see looks like 4 Ohio State and 4 Florida players will be drafted!!!

Agreed....too many people are infatuated with having 2-3 superstars on the same team.

Without adding 2 GOOD players the Lakers are still a first round and out Playoff team with Kobe & KG if they get rid of Bynum and Odom.

• The big rumor in Dallas this week is JET and a pick for AK-47.

Just what Dallas needs ...a dude that can block 8-10 shots a game.

maybe on his best night... he also cries in the locker room. and he's injury proned. do you really want that?

It's still good value for an undersized combo guard who runs hot and cold and doesn't have a true position. I love JET. His enthusiasm is priceless. But he's the only chip the Mavs have. AK plays defense. Obviously he won't average that gaudy number but he's consistently a league leader.

The Euro shit is whatever. 2/3s of the Spurs big 3 are foreign.

'07 MVP = Euro

'07 Championship MVP = Euro

Agreed....too many people are infatuated with having 2-3 superstars on the same team.

Without adding 2 GOOD players the Lakers are still a first round and out Playoff team with Kobe & KG if they get rid of Bynum and Odom.

Exactly....If the Lakers would have released Radmonovich when they had the chance they'd have the money to get Chauncey too ....Chauncey,Kg,Kobe =

KG & Kobe won't accomplish anything without a real point guard & Dr. Buss doesn't have the money to sign another free agent...

That being said....you aren't giving up much in Odom and Bynum.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

It helps with the right kind of superstars. KG is a much more reliable low post threat. Contrasting with last year's style of lineup changes, Lamar who's all over the place, and Bynum/Turiaf/Brown who would be on or off at any given time.

Starting Five:

Jordan Farmar (G)
    Kobe Bryant (G)
    Luke Walton (F)
    Kevin Garnett (F)
    Kwame Brown (C)

Off the Bench:

Ronny Turiaf
    Maurice Evans
    Brian Cook

Get rid of:

Radmanovic, Vujacic, Mihm

Conclusion: I like that projected starting five, but aside from KB/KG, this team is still very inexperienced.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The big rumor in Dallas this week is JET and a pick for AK-47.

GP.......whatcha think about drafting Big Baby???

The ONLY thing I can think Phoenix would trade for KG is to have someone to D up Duncan.

Dude I'm *praying* Glenn Davis falls to the second. He's exactly what they need. His strength? You guessed it...post offense.

JET and a pick for AK-47? Why is this not done yet!!!!!

I think Glenn Davis will be a career back-up big man. 1) He can't seem to control his weight 2) He's a below the basket player. He'll find it much harder to score against bigger and faster big men. In the NCAAs in one game, can't remember which one, he went against a bigger, faster guy and he couldn't overpower him and dunk so he had to make all these awkward double clutch shots that rarely went in

Jordan Farmar (G)
    Kobe Bryant (G)
    Luke Walton (F)
    Kevin Garnett (F)
    Kwame Brown (C)

Further elaborating:

Farmer has a VERY nice game. More playing time and this kid will be a terrific PG.

Walton is the glue that made last season's early Laker run work. Won't find many versatile small forwards in the league like him.

Garnett will give the young Lakers so many things.....low post game, which will open up the perimeter, which will make KB's game that much more potent. Heart. Intensity level will rise. He got a huge wingspan. Opposing guards will think twice about penetrating.

Brown is still inconsistent but I've seen so many great plays from him. You can't front on 6'10" 270. When he's focused he can do damage on both ends. I still believe.

The big rumor in Dallas this week is JET and a pick for AK-47.

GP.......whatcha think about drafting Big Baby???

The ONLY thing I can think Phoenix would trade for KG is to have someone to D up Duncan.

Dude I'm *praying* Glenn Davis falls to the second. He's exactly what they need. His strength? You guessed it...post offense.

JET and a pick for AK-47? Why is this not done yet!!!!!

I think Glenn Davis will be a career back-up big man. 1) He can't seem to control his weight 2) He's a below the basket player. He'll find it much harder to score against bigger and faster big men. In the NCAAs in one game, can't remember which one, he went against a bigger, faster guy and he couldn't overpower him and dunk so he had to make all these awkward double clutch shots that rarely went in

There certainly was a reason he went from being called "Baby Shaq" to "Big Baby".

Hey, is that fast-as-lightning Oregon PG gonna be in the draft?

West Coast fans....

Who's better Afflalo or Nick Young??

btw, Billups is a good look for any team.

West Coast fans....

Haven't watched enough college ball to judge. I wanna see what the kid, OJ Mayo is about though.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    West Coast fans....

Don't know Nick Young, is that the USC guy? Afflalo was very underwhelming IMO.

Hey, is that fast-as-lightning Oregon PG gonna be in the draft?

Kid is FAST as shit and a baller from what I remember:
    http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/aaronbrooks.html

I wanna see what the kid, OJ Mayo is about though.

I'm hoping the whispers of him being a "head case" are not true....

The kid in white is Bo King from West Virginia...

Mayo is in green...

Sound may be NSFW.

King makes a 360 spin dribble move without changing hands that is

Don't know Nick Young, is that the USC guy?

Yeah....Young was ranked the #1 SG in the draft in our local paper.....#2 was some foreign dude?

I wanna see what the kid, OJ Mayo is about though.

I'm hoping the whispers of him being a "head case" are not true....

The kid in white is Bo King from West Virginia...

Mayo is in green...

Sound may be NSFW.

King makes a 360 spin dribble move without changing hands that is

Yea, college will definitely help for those kids. Good for OJ Mayo. 3 years and the kid will be a sufficient NBA guard.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    that part halfway thru where king steals the ball, falls spins on the floor and is still dribbling when he gets up is

who is bo king?

• Hey, is that fast-as-lightning Oregon PG gonna be in the draft?

aaron brooks? yes. 2nd rounder.

West Coast fans....

not even close ... afflalo is a mid-2nd rounder, nick young will probably be the first SG drafted (in a pretty weak class, i admit ...)

there really aren't that many true shooting guards coming out this year - many more "combo" guards ... there are a few shooters but they're too one-dimensional to really take a big gamble on ... marco belinelli has the potential to have a world-class shot but does little else .. ditto for morris almond ... the guy i really like who's a 2/3 (i figure more of an nba 2 though) is derrick byars from vanderbilt. as a knicks fan i kind of have my heart set on him for our 1st rounder.

not too flashy but reminds me of josh howard

• Not saying Davis will be an all-star. As a potential 2nd rounder, he can do things that could immediately help the team. Yes he's a btr player but his repertoire is solid in the post.

• i don't think davis has many redeeming basketball qualities at all. waste of a pick.

• i don't think davis has many redeeming basketball qualities at all. waste of a pick.

• hey that's just my opinion. i wouldn't even take him in the 2nd round. i think he'll be out of the league in 3-4 yrs, playing in europe like marcus fizer or lonny baxter. those guys were FAR better than him and they couldn't even make it. what you see right now is kind of as good as it's ever going to get with him - okay, fine, he dropped all that weight, but he's not the next carlos boozer. .. if i had a mid-2nd round pick to play with i'd swing for the fences and make a pick along the lines of andray blatche, amir johnson, trevor ariza, et al ... davis has an extremely low ceiling.

i think dallas would be better suited to address their backup PG needs ....