NBA OFF SEASON

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    West Coast fans....

Who's better Afflalo or Nick Young??

Nick Young is sick...shot selection is his weakness

Afflalo has no offensive game ....excellent defender

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I wanna see what the kid, OJ Mayo is about though.

OJ Mayo is nice ...he'll shoot the ball 50 times a game though.....

Watch for Kevin Love

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    btw, Billups is a good look for any team.

Wildly over-rated.

Had one great run three years ago.

I wanna see what the kid, OJ Mayo is about though.

I'm hoping the whispers of him being a "head case" are not true....

I have seen zero evidence of him being a "head case"... I have seen quite a bit of what I would describe as headcase behavior from racist jerks (including that psychotic ref) looking to tear the kid down.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    btw, Billups is a good look for any team.

Wildly over-rated.

He doesn't have the quickness of Tony Parker or the passing ability of Nash, but he's a solid PG that can shoot the 3, penetrate, distribute the ball efficiently, and post up smaller guards. Besides, Detroit's been the East elite for quite some time because he orchestrates the offense.

• btw, Billups is a good look for any team.

Wildly over-rated.

A bold position but I somewhat agree. Still, his game, as it stands, rates him among the top third of PGs in the league. Says something about the PGs mostly.

• i think dallas would be better suited to address their backup PG needs ....

No doubt. They have three seconds though so there is some room to gamble.

• Look faded_glory, you're probably right. I have a dream about a college BIG man one day breaking through, though. The Big O (Oliver Hill).....Dmitri Hill....Robert Traylor....they all let us down. Maybe, just maybe, the Big Baby can do some thangs.

Look faded_glory, you're probably right. I have a dream about a college BIG man one day breaking through, though. The Big O (Oliver Hill).....Dmitri Hill....Robert Traylor....they all let us down. Maybe, just maybe, the Big Baby can do some thangs.

Can't forget my man, Big Country Reeves.

• Speaking of underachieving big men. Anyone remember Kieth Van Horn in college? 6'10" long, athletic, and soft. Kind of reminds me of Brandon Wright, and that Yi kid.

Oh btw, Prediction: Jeff Green, Petteri Kopenen, and Chris Richard to Suns and Green comes in 3rd in rookie of the year behind Durant and Oden.

• Look faded_glory, you're probably right. I have a dream about a college BIG man one day breaking through, though. The Big O (Oliver Hill).....Dmitri Hill....Robert Traylor....they all let us down. Maybe, just maybe, the Big Baby can do some thangs.

He's close but I don't think he's obese enough to stand w/ these other dudes.

But he was a personal fave.

• DJ_PhillieDJ_Phillie 199 Posts
    Look faded_glory, you're probably right. I have a dream about a college BIG man one day breaking through, though. The Big O (Oliver Hill).....Dmitri Hill....Robert Traylor....they all let us down. Maybe, just maybe, the Big Baby can do some thangs.

I still got a Reeves jersey...Grizzlies baby. hahaha, even though its tight-fit as a motha fucka on me now.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Kevin Garnett is my favorite player. If he goes to the Lakers I'm going to be majorly conflicted.

It's unbelievable to see so many illegitimate fucks working for ESPN and other sports networks. It makes me wonder if we're watching the same basketball.

On KB and KG: "Well two stars necessarily doesn't mean a good thing. I mean look at AI and Carmello."

That is the sort of analysis that is spoon fed to the casual fans.

• Oh btw, Prediction: Jeff Green, Petteri Kopenen, and Chris Richard to Suns and Green comes in 3rd in rookie of the year behind Durant and Oden.

if the suns move up i'm guessing it's to get joakim noah ...

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    yeah, w/ their current cap situation, they need to do something. I was hoping they wouldn't move marion, but it looks like the only thing they can do at this point. Looks like to Charlotte for the #8 and Gerald Wallace (if the rumor mill is of any credibility), which wouldn't be a horrible look, but GW I don't see fitting into the Suns system the same way Marion does. What they really need to do is get rid of the dead weight on the bench, and pick up some vets that can reliably score, or at least not give away a 30pt. lead while the starters are out. I don't really see anyone off the bench except for Barbosa that's worth what they are paying them right now. I mean, Pat Burke is still employed. Ugh. They were suckers to sign Diaw for as large of a contract as they did, it fucked them over.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    It's unbelievable to see so many illegitimate fucks working for ESPN and other sports networks. It makes me wonder if we're watching the same basketball.

On KB and KG: "Well two stars necessarily doesn't mean a good thing. I mean look at AI and Carmello."

for real, everytime i hear that comment come from somebody, i cringe. and to hear that on espn is the biggest nagl ever, it's like people are reporting on a team they didn't watch play and assuming they didn't win the whole thing because "AI and Melo didn't work well together", which is total bullshit. Melo was averaging 30 pts, AI was averaging 20 pts/10 dimes. I think they finished out the season with melo at almost 29 ppg and AI at 25 ppg and almost 8 asts. HOW IS THAT NOT WORKING WELL TOGETHER? Anybody who actually watched the Nuggets play knows that the problem does not lie solely within their offensive superstars; the problem is a lack of defensive intensity, team defense, and in turn, too much focus on run & gun offense in a conference the demands defense to win a series.

for real, everytime i hear that comment come from somebody, i cringe. and to hear that on espn is the biggest nagl ever, it's like people are reporting on a team they didn't watch play and assuming they didn't win the whole thing because "AI and Melo didn't work well together", which is total bullshit. Melo was averaging 30 pts, AI was averaging 20 pts/10 dimes. I think they finished out the season with melo at almost 29 ppg and AI at 25 ppg and almost 8 asts. HOW IS THAT NOT WORKING WELL TOGETHER? Anybody who actually watched the Nuggets play knows that the problem does not lie solely within their offensive superstars; the problem is a lack of defensive intensity, team defense, and in turn, too much focus on run & gun offense in a conference the demands defense to win a series.

Basically.

Had AI and Melo had a greater portion of the season together--and had the Nuggets not been without both of them for a substantial stretch--they likely would have had a playoff seeding that didn't put them against the eventual champs in the first round, and would have gotten further. Looked like things wer really coming together towards the end of the season.

Yes indeed. I can't wait for next season! All I know is NENE better not get injured playing for Brazil in FIBA this summer.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Local Dallas sportswriter's mock draft has the Mav's landing Big Baby with their second, second round pick.....if he lasts that long I'd take him there too.

Also says that besides Durant and Oden, Acie Law is the most "NBA ready" player in the draft, yet they have him going at #11.

LOTS of mystery picks this years.....guys who have played overseas and apparently weren't scouted heavily.

One of them is Marc Gasol.....I had no idea Pau even had a brother!! On one website where they compare this years draftees to a current player so you can get an idea what their game is like, they compare Marc Gasol to Rick Rickert!!! Huh???

Also says that besides Durant and Oden, Acie Law is the most "NBA ready" player in the draft, yet they have him going at #11.

id take him over conley.

Basically.

Had AI and Melo had a greater portion of the season together--and had the Nuggets not been without both of them for a substantial stretch--they likely would have had a playoff seeding that didn't put them against the eventual champs in the first round, and would have gotten further. Looked like things wer really coming together towards the end of the season.

Well, I was kinda mad cuz KB/KG is most likely a better combo than AI/Melo.

To be real, the Nuggets have slightly less of a chance than the Phoenix Suns of winning a title.

That is also true--both their games and their personalities would probably better complement each other.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

That is also true--both their games and their personalities would probably better complement each other.

Not to mention their wardrobes.

To be real, the Nuggets have slightly less of a chance than the Phoenix Suns of winning a title.

to be real, nobody has seen the current Nuggets roster play a full season so nobody really knows what can happen. but i feel you. judging from what we've seen, you're right. no defense. no team is beating an nba powerhouse team without playing some good d. if they get the d crackin' though, watch out. they average over 100 points a game and add that to stops on the other end and you got a damn good chance of making it.

and I think the combination of Garnett and Bryant would be huge. With or without Odom and Bynum. They won't win a title without an additional piece (a Point Guard), but they'll definitely be more fun to watch.

to be real, nobody has seen the current Nuggets roster play a full season so nobody really knows what can happen. but i feel you. judging from what we've seen, you're right. no defense. no team is beating an nba powerhouse team without playing some good d. if they get the d crackin' though, watch out. they average over 100 points a game and add that to stops on the other end and you got a damn good chance of making it.

and I think the combination of Garnett and Bryant would be huge. With or without Odom and Bynum. They won't win a title without an additional piece (a Point Guard), but they'll definitely be more fun to watch.

Maybe not specific to the Nuggets, but few teams play an efficient style of basketball.

that's true. and the less efficient teams, the more likely a wild team will do better (GSW, for example).

so what can this trend be attributed to? the players coming into the league? the coaches? the front offices not willing to put together the right teams to get the coaches the right pieces to build an efficient team? what is it?

that's true. and the less efficient teams, the more likely a wild team will do better (GSW, for example).

so what can this trend be attributed to? the players coming into the league? the coaches? the front offices not willing to put together the right teams to get the coaches the right pieces to build an efficient team? what is it?

The constant shuffling of rosters is probably a factor.

That too is probably a factor. And we all know that very few GMs know how to shuffle rosters effectively. Jerry West apparently knows how to.

Efficiency comes through a solid plan (good coaching), unselfish players that are willing to carry out that plan, and experience, both from playing a good number of years in the league and from the time spent picking up the nuances of your teammates.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

That too is probably a factor. And we all know that very few GMs know how to shuffle rosters effectively. Jerry West apparently knows how to.

Efficiency comes through a solid plan (good coaching), unselfish players that are willing to carry out that plan, and experience, both from playing a good number of years in the league and from the time spent picking up the nuances of your teammates.

SEE: San Antonio Spurs