McDonald's HOT or NOT?

Comments

• Those chicken sandwiches are always dried out when I get them.
    I actually broke a tooth once with a McChicken..

• FunkoffFunkoff 65 Posts
    sorry

• FunkoffFunkoff 65 Posts

tried than once in NYC, even worse than McDonalds shit IMHO.

no matter how many McD's theyre gonna open here, in Europe its all about this:

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

sorry, but this is the definition of

It rarely happens that a restaurant offers doner kebap in acceptable quality

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Not. It'll keep you alive for a little while, but it'll kill you faster than you think. Just about all fast food is simply terrible for you. But I'm not telling anyone anything they don't know already.

How many of y'all got this joint where you live now? 5x faster than any fast food and about 100x healthier:

that shit started here in CO (in Boulder actually, by a white dude, go figure) so you know i been on it for a while. they use mostly hormone free naturally farm raised meats and fresh veggies and whatnot, pretty tasty. not a real traditional burrito by any means but also not some kind of weird hippy concoction with wheat tortillas and squash or any bullshit like that. plus for $6 or $7 you can't get anything healthier/faster/more filling that I know of.

Chipotle is the saltiest thing i have ever eaten i think. It's owned by Mickey D's so i am sure it will turn to shit sooner rather than later...

salty? they must be fuckin' it up then where you're at. it's damn good here. and they aren't owned by mcdonalds at all anymore, this is from mcdonalds' site:

"As previously communicated, McDonald???s has decided to dispose of its remaining interest in Chipotle in order, among other things, to further enable McDonald???s to focus its management and financial resources on growing the McDonald???s brand. McDonald???s also believes that a separation from Chipotle will afford Chipotle increased flexibility and decision-making power to pursue its own strategic objectives."

Chipotle supports more natural agriculture than any fast food restaurant on the market as far as I know, they are a "good" company. The quality of their food here in Denver is amazing for how big the chain has become. A $7 burrito there is a hell of a lot better tasting and a hell of a lot healthier than a $6.50 etra value meal at (insert fast food burger chain here).

As far as supporting real mexican food vendors and restaurants, make no mistake, i definitely do my fair share of that, I was just using Chipotle as an example of healthy fast food.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    West Coast cats: In N Out or Fattburger?

Neither. In Seattle it's all about Dicks. No homo, it's a fast food joint.
    Mix-a-lot even put in My Posse's on Broadway.
    It's an institution and it's delicious!

"Dick's is the place where the cool hang out/the Swass like to play and the rich flaunt clout"

But check how he does his Hos:

"Now the freaks are gettin hungry and Mix-a-Lot's treatin/We stopped at Taco Bell for some Mexican eatin"

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    About 6 months ago I was eating way more McD than I should have been. In general my eating habits were not good. Really turned that around as of late. I used to work across the street from a McD for about 5 years and I would see the same people come through there almost everyday. During that time I only ever ate there when I had to work really late which was rare.

• DustbusterDustbuster 278 Posts
    I don't eat many burgers and I don't think Jersey has the quality of burgers that they have in other parts, but I' liked

There's one right by the crib in Jersey City, but I only really eat it when I'm at the Borgata during poker breaks. A bit too expensive, though.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Evie's Burger in Walnut Creek in un-fuck-wit-able

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    for any of you travellers - do any of you check out roadfood.com?? I'm always down for a decent burger and try to cop local eats. the chains I fuck with are Arby's, Hardees/Carls Jr then Taco Bell. And I never leave SoCal without hittting up Fattburger - hands down the only franchise I would buy if I hit the Lotto.

• soulbrono1soulbrono1 205 Posts

AND

If we are talking chains instead of local joints, these are unfadeable in Texas.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I could eat McDonald's if I had to in a bind. But it's been a long time since I've come up with a craving for McDonalds on my own. When I was young I would eat the hell out of some plain hamburgers though, as I always loved them chopped onions on there.

Old news, but it should be noted that McDonalds sports the widest drinking straws known to man.

As far as everywhere else...

Burger King - are they still in business?

Taco Bell - it was such a staple for me back in high school that every couple of months I still wind up sneaking off and grabbing a burrito supreme which of course makes me feel at least halfway sick. Point bing, people are clearly addicted to Taco Bell's mastery of pseudo-food.

Jack-in-the Box - they've stepped up their game over the years, namely when that sourdough burger originally came out, but I've never been able to fully get over rumors of horsemeat being served.

Sonic - used to be good for the cherry-limeade, but now that sucks too, tater tots are alright, but the burgers are obvioulsy made with fourth rate gristle.

Carl's Jr. - liked their steak sandwich as a kid, but haven't had it since then.

In and Out - highly overrated, but the novelty of grilled onions took me a long way in buying into the hype for too long.

Whataburger - used to think this was the shit, even recently, but even more recently this place has gone south for me, probably ate too much of it. And they grill onions now too.

Wendy's - was once so damned good, but now their meat simply doesn't taste right.

Arby's - used to be able to do it, might be able to still do it, but why?

Chipotle - ate their yesterdqy for the first ime in about a year, nothing to be excited over as far as I can tell.

Freebird's - kinda hum-drum, but ample on teh burrito tip, at least for Austin, TX which is definitely more of a taco town.

Chango's - grilled fish taco is the lick.

Taco Cabana - haven't been in a few months, but I actually look forward to my next visit, more than a few items on teh menu that I could feasibly enjoy, including their bomb flour tortillas.

Baja Fresh - haven't been to one in a few years, but I liked it for a minute, although I couldn't really tell you why.

Tamale House - breakfast tacos just how I want them, A+ 100.

Subway - couldn't agree more that no matter what you order it all tatses the same.

Jimmy Johns - get the eff outta here with that bland ish.

Delaware - Philly subs in Austin brought to us by an ex-Longhorn football player who spent some years with the Eagles, awesome in many ways.

Texadelphia - fairly good, but their flagship sandwich is about 4 bites too small.

Popeye's - grew up on this, still eat it about twice a month, and it's properly called dirty rice rather than Cajun rice.

Church's - decent for that every now and then, cheap too, hood food.

KFC - no thank you, too greasy and flavorless.

El Regio - medio pollo por favor, more hood food.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Oh yeah, I used to like me some Del Taco when I lived in SoCal. Not sure how it would stand up to my now grown-and-not-so-sexy stomach though.

Does anyone vouch for El Pollo Loco? I've never tried it.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    White Castle in N.Y. is NOT White Castle!! You gotta hit one in places like Chicago. And i didn't say "it's the shit". It is salty, indeed. The cheese is nasty, indeed. The meat is mad but i do like their fuckin cheeseburgers coupled with onion rings. There's TOO much MSG in their food. But i still like it...it's a human paradox i guess...

And about Gyros (Greeks or Kebab or Kebap as we call them too), they are the definition of bad food. Nasty ass fries from 20 years ago, homemade sauces full of glutamate, slices of raw animal fat, not to mention the bread issue. I would say 2% of those stores delivers good food.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    I would say 2% of those stores delivers good food.

Sad but true, there's hundreds of these damn things in Vancouver, only a couple of which are actually good. We also have $1 pizza on every block which is the wackest food possible, I can only think of one spot that is decent. On the other hand we got great sushi joints all over the place, which is a better alternative (too bad I OD'd on sushi last year).

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    did I notice that none of you So Cal folks gave props to Fatburger? Fatburger is the best fuckin' fast food burger ever! Where else can you get a bad-ass burger and choose a Marva Whitney tune off the juke-box?

Their slogan says it all, "Fatburger: We're Not for Everybody"

Strangely we have Culver's here in Austin and that shit is pretty good for a fast food burger.

One of the best fast food burgers here in town is at Top's BBQ...their BBQ sucks, but they make a great cheeseburger...old school thin patty, pickle onion mustard jernt.

Dyer's is really good also...a place that has been around for decades, they deep-fry the patties...but a few years ago they got a little proud and damn near tripled their prices going for the foodie crowd.

Dyer's is really good also...a place that has been around for decades, they deep-fry the patties...but a few years ago they got a little proud and damn near tripled their prices going for the foodie crowd.

Is that the spot that when they moved they had a parade for the transferal of the 90-year-old grease?

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    Sad but true, there's hundreds of these damn things in Vancouver, only a couple of which are actually good. We also have $1 pizza on every block which is the wackest food possible, I can only think of one spot that is decent. On the other hand we got great sushi joints all over the place, which is a better alternative (too bad I OD'd on sushi last year).
    i dont remember what street its on, but me and the lady killed it at all you can eat sushi last summer when we were in town. we broke it down in the end to figure each dish was something like $0.68 canadian.

Is that the spot that when they moved they had a parade for the transferal of the 90-year-old grease?

yes...thats the place.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    we broke it down in the end to figure each dish was something like $0.68 canadian.

See how easy it is to OD on this stuff, shit is crazy cheap if you know what to get. Now the only place near work I can actually enjoy is a $10 sandwich place (doesn't even fill), wic-wic-wack!

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    l.a. people: if ever in the warner center area [i work nearby]... you need to do yourselves a favor and eat at FLOOKY'S[/b] in woodland hills (21034 Victory Blvd).. best burgers/hot dogs/breakfast burritos i've had in a while and really cheap too. apparently, they used to have a few locations, but this is the last one left... and yes, this place even blows fatburger outta the water [and for half the price too]. don't get me wrong though, i love me some fatburger... but it's not exactly the place to eat when on a budget.

when I lived in L.A. for a minute...I lived across the street from a place called Patra Burger(corner of laveta terrace/Sunset in Echo Park)...I liked it, my bandmates/roommates didnt...had this strange condiment which I hypothesized was thousand island dressing with liquid smoke added to it...a double cheese and a horchata was a good hangover meal.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    i almost puked...dont do that ever again...Here's some relaxing :

make that piece of chicken a southern fried chicken breast piece and you have a winner...

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

Right, because everything else in this thread is so healthy and appetizing.

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    McDonalds is not hot.

I couldn't even swallow this shit. Their meat must be grade F

and of course, gran burrito on sanmo and vermont.

Subways bread tastes like air.

Chipotle is salty and faulty. Their rice sucks as well.

Hackneys in Chicago has good burgers.

Did anyone see some show a few years back (I think it was on travel channel) about famous burger spots. Steamed burgers, peanut butter burgers, butter burgers, cheezborgers, deep fried burgers... that shit made me hungry/grossed out/curious.

1/4 pounder used to be good (hayward,oakland)

I live down the street from Val's. It's overated

I was suprised how good this place was in San Diego

• JiggamofoJiggamofo 42 Posts

on the naglry of MacDeeznutz, only thing that I remember being good and maybe it was just a memory was . One thing that i do like about McDumpers is the novelty that they put into promotions, like the fries for Jurrassic Park (4L or something) and McLean Deluxe, oh and the toys used to be awesome. For Vancouver there is Sushi and Dim Sum on the regular, but burgers = Vera's (You can't beat Vera's meat), hot dogs = Red Onion (Double Dog way before baldes of glory)

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    The one burger that trumps every burger I have gotten my mouth around. Before I say what it is I must say this. Wherever I go, I try to find the perfect burger. I finally found the perfect burger. And that burger is
    I have had the obscure, the juicy, the fattening. But nothing beats this.