McDonald's HOT or NOT?

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    ....so no one is feelin' me on the Coke....it's the extra syrup and fizzle that makes it...

I feel ya. Extra sugar I'm guessing.

Have you ever had a Coke from a Taco Cabana? I dont know what they do, but it is the best freakin' Coke ever...I think they make it a little dry a opposed to Mcdonalds uber sweet coke...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I gotta admit I like me some McDonald's breakfast...egg mcmuffin and some hash browns arent bad at all.
    yes

i also will defend on occasional chicken sandwich.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    I remember reading a few years back about how Subway's plan was to have a restaurant within 100 yards of every McDonald's.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Subway

All there food tastes the same, doesn't matter what you put on it

• LamarTinsonLamarTinson 507 Posts
    I don't eat Micky D's a whole lot but I'd have to say that their Cokes are, by far, the best tasting sodas on the planet Earth!!!

Absolutely.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I remember reading a few years back about how Subway's plan was to have a restaurant within 100 yards of every McDonald's.

mmmmmm, I'm hungry.......I NEED ME A QUIZNO'S SANDWICH AND A BEER!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Subway

And every Subway I've stepped into smells like SHIT! That bread tastes good but I literally feel sick to my stomach when I smell it baking. Shit sticks in my clothes too!

I usually catch a lot of shit from folks (Shig, Tripledub, etc) when I say this, but I FUCKS WIT' CHIPOTLE!

Shit is good! Of course, it's kinda apples and oranges compared to my beloved BK's Carne Asada And Sonoran Style Hot Dogs right here in South Tucson (Hi Cl*udia! I know you're married and all, pero por favor can I pleeeeeease snuggle up on your beautiful round ass before I die? I want to gnaw on it like a teething puppy!), but Chipotle is tasty, cheap and filling!

Herm

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    I gotta admit I like me some McDonald's breakfast...egg mcmuffin and some hash browns arent bad at all.

McD can drop their whole menu except these 2 items.
    i havent been in a loooong time though and its rediclous to see long lines and packed parking lots at places like this when the prices are pretty even with local burger joints.

the one that drives me crazy is taco bell, there is a taqueria down the street that is good at the least and taco bell is packed always. this will baffle me forever.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Anybody had the Burger King breakfast, I don't know a single person that has tried it. All I saw was a picture of there "French Toast Stix" and I was out on it.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    back off, hatters. I love my "doble cuarto de libra con queso"

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    i used to be a Meekeedeez addict, but i did an O.D. so i had to stop...
    BUT i found some other place we cant find in Europe :

I've been introduced to it in 1999. Cant go in US without whitecastling my stomach. And these damn onion rings...Your azz always remember when you eat them.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    i used to be a Meekeedeez addict, but i did an O.D. so i had to stop...
    BUT i I've been introduced to it in 1999. Cant go in US without whitecastling my stomach. And these damn onion rings...Your azz always remember ends up spitting hot fiyah when you eat them.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Subway

And every Subway I've stepped into smells like SHIT! That bread tastes good but I literally feel sick to my stomach when I smell it baking. Shit sticks in my clothes too!

I usually catch a lot of shit from folks (Shig, Tripledub, etc) when I say this, but I FUCKS WIT' CHIPOTLE!

Shit is good! Of course, it's kinda apples and oranges compared to my beloved BK's Carne Asada And Sonoran Style Hot Dogs right here in South Tucson (Hi Cl*udia! I know you're married and all, pero por favor can I pleeeeeease snuggle up on your beautiful round ass before I die? I want to gnaw on it like a teething puppy!), but Chipotle is tasty, cheap and filling!

Herm

whats the ill el salvadoran(or is it Guatemalan) place in Tucson? I dream of the "special rice" quite often...

SO FUCKIN' HUNGRY NOW.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,086 Posts

the one that drives me crazy is taco bell, there is a taqueria down the street that is good at the least and taco bell is packed always. this will baffle me forever.

Taco Bell and KFC make me sick (literally) when I eat a full meal there. Not surprisingly, they are owned by the same company. In terms of breakfast and lunch during workdays, a third of the time I eat at Del Taco, but it's always one, maybe two soft tacos or a bean burrito with extra of that secret sauce they have. I know saying so, living in L.A., makes me a heretic, but when my stomach is running on empty, breaking a sweat on the jobsite before noon and having a hunger for Mexican food, I don't care what is "authentic" or not. Sitting down at a corner Mexican food place and ordering an $8 plate is more of a weekend thing for me. I've always felt that both corporate chains and mom-and-pop eateries are just as bad for you. The only difference is the choice of who you want to give your money. The other third is packed from home like lunchmeat sandwiches and whatever. The rest of the time I eat at places like a small pizza place or Tommy's when I'm in the mood for chili-based food. I drink a lot of water, eat my fruits and vegetables and I get my share of exercise, so it evens out

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    man, the most infectious farts came outta my ass when i first took those onion rings...that's some shit. No wordplay. I guess people are less hungry now that i'm talking about doodoo!!!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

whats the ill el salvadoran(or is it Guatemalan) place in Tucson? I dream of the "special rice" quite often...

YES!!! Maya Quetzal on 4th Ave! Their specialty rice is the greatest! White rice baked with sour cream, cheese and corn! I go there at least twice a month. I am far from vegetarian but everytime I step foot in that place all I order is the veg plates! Spinach patties with walnuts...mmmmm.

Herm

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    i support Chipotle because i'm a stock holder and my local taqueria sucks. but yeah, it's super salty, but so is the food at just about every restaurant on earth.

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
    Pffffffftttt the fact that no one has thrown in..

YO SHIG .. where is the taco joint near me?.. I live on Beachwood and Franklin...

• Mickey D's Sweet Tea > *

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Pffffffftttt the fact that no one has thrown in..

Hey, I did back on the first page!

Jack in the Box > Sonic >In and Out > McD's > Carl's > BK

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

i like animal fries

YO SHIG .. where is the taco joint near me?.. I live on Beachwood and Franklin...

in hollywood, i like matador taco truck on western near santa monica. its usually parked above the 101 overpass on western. very tasty asada marinade!

and of course, gran burrito on sanmo and vermont.

not for nothin, but zankou is pretty quick with theirs and they make really decent hommus.

on my blog i wrote about the korean pancake truck in ktown which is like having a mcgriddle bun with the syrup-inside-the-bun-moves. i like those moves. anyways, my blogger is all fucked up and every time i post to it the things are blank. so i gave up about a month ago.

on my blog i wrote about the korean pancake truck in ktown which is like having a mcgriddle bun with the syrup-inside-the-bun-moves.

Fuck this accounting class, I'm going home. I need to read your blog. Plaese to post.

like i said, for some reason, every time i write something and click PUBLISH, it disappears. anyways, the spot is on 5th and western, parked at the entrance to new california korean market. $1 per pancake. its rice flour pancake with a mixture of brown sugar, butter, and crushed peanuts in the middle.

found pics!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    NOT. NEVER. It's been over a decade since my last McDonald's meal, and I don't miss it one bit.

I was disappointed with Chipotle the one time I tried it, but then again I'm fortunate that I live in an area where I can be extremely picky and snobby about what my tortilla gets wrapped around.

Give it another shot. Chipotle (now with 0% McDonald's stockholder control) kicks ass. Easily the best chain burrito place in the country. The mom-and-pops are slowly disappearing from my neighborhood (I miss the taco joint around the corner from me), and this one is within walking distance. Pragmatism and quailty win out.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Not. Ill go occasionally with a friend of mine considering the place is extremely close to him. You cant fuck with their chicken samwedges tho, but their burgers are .

• djbrigidopedjbrigidope 166 Posts
    Not. It'll keep you alive for a little while, but it'll kill you faster than you think. Just about all fast food is simply terrible for you. But I'm not telling anyone anything they don't know already.

How many of y'all got this joint where you live now? 5x faster than any fast food and about 100x healthier:

that shit started here in CO (in Boulder actually, by a white dude, go figure) so you know i been on it for a while. they use mostly hormone free naturally farm raised meats and fresh veggies and whatnot, pretty tasty. not a real traditional burrito by any means but also not some kind of weird hippy concoction with wheat tortillas and squash or any bullshit like that. plus for $6 or $7 you can't get anything healthier/faster/more filling that I know of.

maybe if you don't have a cool burrito spot, but i can not fuck with a place that cant properly roll a burrito. Gordo's here in the bay is my spiznot.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

I was disappointed with Chipotle the one time I tried it, but then again I'm fortunate that I live in an area where I can be extremely picky and snobby about what my tortilla gets wrapped around.

Give it another shot.

I plan to, but I'll probably wait until I'm out on the road somewhere away from my favorite taquerias and needing some beans and rice and meat. My main complaint is that the flavors didn't blend well, the rice didn't complement the meat or the beans and each component was sorta bland on its own. That and the steak was kinda dry, which is a bummer because the chunks were really huge.

One caveat of burrito critique is that I've had a bad burrito in almost every one of my favorite burrito joints. A burrito is a delicate ballet, and sometimes one ingredient sits in the steam tray a little too long, so unless I get something really horrible or gastroenteritis I'm usually willing to give a place a second chance.

Is Sonic really all that? I'm exposed to approximately 7 to 8 Sonic ads an hour during the NBA finals, but the closest Sonic to the Bay Area is in Tracy so I'm not likely to casually drop in and I never tried it when I lived in San Diego (that seemed to be more of a Ralley's town).