McDonald's HOT or NOT?

1235»

Comments

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    personally, i haven't found a good mexican chain up here in the yay...any advice in the east bay area?

are u from socal? closest they got up there is el castillito on i think church and market. across the street from ralphs near duboce tunnel.

as far as east bay, i gotta say they got the goods in oakland along intl blvd. my favorites are the double trucks on 22nd and intl, la torta loca on intl near fruitvale. there are quite a few varieties in mexican cuisine along that stretch of intl.

although

ktown represent! there's a spot right by in pico union, el parian. damn good. on the level of el taurino.

as far as local chains...

1. zankou
    2. shin sen gumi
    3. rascals
    4. lucy's
    5. king taco

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    personally, i haven't found a good mexican chain up here in the yay...any advice in the east bay area?

are u from socal? closest they got up there is el castillito on i think church and market. across the street from ralphs near duboce tunnel.

as far as east bay, i gotta say they got the goods in oakland along intl blvd. my favorites are the double trucks on 22nd and intl, la torta loca on intl near fruitvale. there are quite a few varieties in mexican cuisine along that stretch of intl.

although

ktown represent! there's a spot right by in pico union, el parian. damn good. on the level of el taurino.

1. zankou
    2. shin sen gumi
    3. rascals
    4. lucy's
    5. king taco

Yakitoriya on Sawtelle is one of the most expensive and best places I've been to.
    You ever try it Shig?

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

Jaliscos near Fruitvale if you like carnitas. But go early if it's the weekend, they sell out sometimes.

Who hear has a good red pozole recipie? I've tried some off the net but they didn't taste right.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    all this stuff yall complain about regarding chipotle is ocmpletely non-existant here. they must be fuckin' up in other states. that makes sense though, it's a denver restaurant that explanded from her,e so the originals are going ot be the best. lucky for me i guess, cuz I don't know any other restaurant I can go to and get enough food to fill me up that is made with 100% fresh ingredients and well-cooked, good tasting, farm-raised meats for less than $10.

How about Good Times? Do they have that anywhere else or is it just a CO thang? It's supposed ot be like In & Out sorta, but I haven't tried it yet. Thinking about giving it a shot tonight, i nfact.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

One thing that i do like about McDumpers is the novelty that they put into promotions, like the fries for Jurrassic Park (4L or something) and McLean Deluxe, oh and the toys used to be awesome.

upper deck McDonalds NBA trading card set was cool as shit when I was 10 or something. and the monopoly game used to be all the rage.

"I got a park place! You got a boardwalk? I'll split the million with you!"

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

Yakitoriya on Sawtelle is one of the most expensive and best places I've been to.
    You ever try it Shig?

nope, better than shin sen gumi? i rarely go to that part of town. except for karaoke.

You ever try it Shig?

nope, better than shin sen gumi? i rarely go to that part of town. except for karaoke.

Just as good or better. Word. My karaoke game has fallen off considerably after I picked up smoking in college. (now, I quit though).

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I had McDonalds' twice in Paris. The one right by the Louvre. And it felt damn good, snitches.

But yo, I mess up with Taco Bell once in a while. And when it comes to fries and really just "healthy fast food", I mess with A+ Alex's in Berkeley. The fries are ovenbaked and you can get 'em with garlic. Plus you have other options to eat and the special sauce is good. Again nothing I would wait more than 10 minutes for but when you want something hearty without feeling like a fat-ass it does the trick.

And there Tuna Sandwhich with Cornbread on the side is what's up.

But yo, I mess up with Taco Bell once in a while.

An international DJ such as yourself, should not be settling for "Think outside the Bun".

But yo, I mess up with Taco Bell once in a while.

An international DJ such as yourself, should not be settling for "Think outside the Bun".

True, just down the street I have an amazing taqueria, but sometimes you want an actual TACO BELL QUESIDILLA.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I mess with A+ Alex's in Berkeley.

I eat there a lot. I'm surprised how few healthy eaters there are in Berkeley.

college kids, duder.

• DescryDescry 229 Posts

although

1. zankou
    2. shin sen gumi
    3. rascals
    4. lucy's
    5. king taco

yeah, im from socal. bout to graduate from berkeley, so i'll be moving back to la soon. wanted to hit up all the good mexican places before i left though.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Why should anyone eat this shit?
    It tastes like nothing at all and leaves you feeling like having eaten a handful of styrofoam (spell?). I mean I can understand how someone might fall for it in a drunken stupor with no other food around but what really makes me mad is people objecting their kids to this garbage. Any parent caught feeding their underage kids with MD products should be imprisoned and the kids given into foster care. How do people make such a big deal out of selling alcohol and cigarettes to minors but there's no laws against idiot parents poisoning their brood with shit like MD.

The whole concept of MD is kinda suspect to me. Supplying the same gawdawful "food" worldwide at the exact same "quality" or better lack thereof... Come on, that's communist! In communist countries all restaurants would offer the same shit for the same price. Look at the company logo for christ's sake! MD is Stalin's revenge, it's culinary warfare!
    Firebomb those fuckers!

SHIT. I might do the drive there tonite!

• DescryDescry 229 Posts

that's because the rest of us students are broke.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Macdonalds Angus Beef thingy? "Angus" is that abundant as a meat to be fast- fooded?

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Keep the hott side hott and the cool side cool.

There's way too much good Mexican here for me to ever even need to go to McDs.

Here's my economic plan that centers on burritos:

I don't earn much and I don't spend much, and to a certain extent I feel like I live pretty well. I rent a nice house, have too many vehicles and most of the toys I want. I don't have any aspirations to be rich or have a family. To what do I attribute this small scale success? Burritos. I don't fully expect people outside of California to understand this. I have had mexican food in other areas, and I feel sorry for the people who consider it to be mexican food. In San Diego there are more taquerias than all the fast food joints together. As an aside, did you know that there are 51 radio shacks to every 49 McDonalds in the US? That figure was from a few years ago. A burrito here costs on average about $3.50. After years of looking for the better burritos at the better prices, I've worked that number down to about $3. One burrito is filling, satisfying, and fairly complete in the nutritional sense. I usually have a paid lunch at work. Considering that we as humans and americans consume far more calories than needed, I figure I can live on one burrito a day. This works out to $3 a day in food costs. It also saves me a lot of time by not grocery shopping or cooking. Now we have the base for my economic plan. Whenever I am considering a large purchase, I have a tangible basis to equate the cost to. A $100 purchase on something not necessarily needed is easy to make, especially when I know I can put it on my credit card. $100 divided by $3 is 33.3 burritos. That's enough to live for a month! How about financing a $17,000 car? After the financing charges, that works out to be about $22,000. I opted for the extremely reliable used mazda for $3500. That saved $18,500 which equates to 6166 burritos on which I could live for almost 17 years. Maybe I'm just crazy for burritos.

And I still eat and enjoy Chipotle.

• NOT, although, like many on here, i still eat that crap at least once every few months... Where i grew up in Montreal, they had the best burgers in the world here

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

and also at
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket.

They're whole schtick was they're burgers were so thin, you could slide them under a door. And damn, were they ever tasty!

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    mcdonalds is tasty.