McDonald's HOT or NOT?

Comments

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    Gordo's here in the bay is my spiznot.

this makes me sad

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Naw, Sonic's food is terrible, even speaking on a fast food level. Their drinks and shakes and whatnot get me over there though.

Regional burger wise, is there anything better in Texas than Whataburger? No city-specific chains like Dans/Frans or Jakes/Kellers, please.

West Coast cats: In N Out or Fattburger?

burger joint [sf]

and yes, sonic's only redeeming quality is their flavored sodas n shit.

burger joint [sf]

If it's in SF-only...IT DOESN'T COUNT.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

burger joint [sf]

That place is tasty, although a bit pricey. I think they're opening one down by the Ballpark so I'm pretty stoked 'cause that's near my work.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

burger joint [sf]

That place is tasty, although a bit pricey. I think they're opening one down by the Ballpark so I'm pretty stoked 'cause that's near my work.

it's good, but I need like two of those burgers in order to feel really sated. and at that point I'm looking at like $15 with a drink. NAGL.

And of course no one ever intends to go to McDonald's sometimes you just end up there on a bad night. Their breaksfast *is* actually better than most fast food jernts though. But then the breakfast taco is more the status quo for Austin breakfast runs.

it's good, but I need like two of those burgers in order to feel really sated. and at that point I'm looking at like $15 with a drink. NAGL.

good lord, really?

well, if its any consolation, fatburger burgers are more and are not niman ranch beefchuck like burger joint.

ps
    there's one at sfo and a nations at oakland airport!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    You wanna talk about grossest shit evar?

HARDEEZ, CARL'S JR., KFC (EWWWW!), TACO SMELL.

Rather fuck wit': ARBY'S HORSEY SAUCE ALL DAY, EVERY DAY.

Seriously, though... I stay away from Mickey D's as much as possible.

Occasionally I will indulge in a Vanilla Milk Shake with Fries.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    Gordo's here in the bay is my spiznot.

this makes me sad

is it that he used the word spiznot, or do you have gordos hate?

• john_doejohn_doe 237 Posts

For dippin? I know people who dip their fries in Wendy's Frostys.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

if they allowed franchises i would open one in philly. in n out kills all other fast food restaurants, its not even close. wendy's is the best burger related place we got on the east coast and its average at best (in comparison to in n out).

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Macdonalds is wack. I havn't eaten there in almost ten years. There are so many reasons no to support this fucked company in any way.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I went to Sonic's one time and maybe it was beacause I was hungry but that shit was pretty damn good. Pretty much like In N' Out.

Gordo's Burrito on College in Berkeley is CRAP. One of the worst burritos I've ever had. It's like a low quality Chipotle.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    My local spot is more authentic, but I dig the yuppie burrito action at Chipotle. If you are a meat eater, get the carnitas. Plus their burritos are BIG. My wife & I split one when we go, & get some chips on the side. I have no idea how I do it but I can polish off one myself pretty easily if she's not there. Saving me from myself again.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    ....so no one is feelin' me on the Coke....it's the extra syrup and fizzle that makes it...

perfect with rum in it

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

It really depends on the location I think.

Yo, I forgot to big up WENDY'S.

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    i used to be a Meekeedeez addict, but i did an O.D. so i had to stop...
    BUT i found some other place we cant find in Europe :

I've been introduced to it in 1999. Cant go in US without whitecastling my stomach. And these damn onion rings...Your azz always remember when you eat them.

gross. white castle tastes like salty cardboard.

on point!

chipotle is a horrible chain as well. their burritos just doesn't taste right to me. personally, i haven't found a good mexican chain up here in the yay...any advice in the east bay area?

found pics!

jyeah!!!!! as a fellow korean, the hodduk there is bombizzzzle!

although

• [color:red]Did [/color][color:yellow]this [/color][color:red]ever [/color][color:yellow]happen [/color][color:red]in [/color][color:yellow]the [/color][color:red]States?[/color][/b]

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Burger King

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

Neither. In Seattle it's all about Dicks. No homo, it's a fast food joint.
    Mix-a-lot even put in My Posse's on Broadway.
    It's an institution and it's delicious!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

In N Out

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    We've had some nouveau-fast-food joints popping
    up around Boston - one is "Crazy Cary's" which
    has this whole backstory of how the dude owned
    a Mickie D's franchise and realized he could do
    the same thing with fresh ingredients yaddah yaddah
    ... I assume there are places like this all over.

There's also BGood which is a "healthy" burger
    joint, who do make some damn fine burgers. The
    only thing is, it costs $10 for a burger and fries
    in these joints, so they aren't quite "fast food"
    as far as getting a $5 lunch or feeding an entire
    kid's baseball team there, which is why people eat
    at McD's etal.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

In N Out

Fattburger if you really wanna feel fatt like a player's association loop and ice cube. Add egg. Unfadeable.

In-N-Out pretty much once a week.

Glad I started running.

• skattaskatta 48 Posts
    Not. Haven't eaten there in years and don't really miss it either. There should be more good non-expensive mexican food spots where I live though. Just an endless amount of kebab/pizza/hamburger chains at the moment.. makes me cry.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    [Fattburger if you really wanna feel fatt like a player's association loop and ice cube. Add egg. Unfadeable.

When in LA I make a point to get one of those egg jammies from Fat Burger.
    There are now a couple Fat Burger's in the Seattle suburbs, East of Seattle=Our Orange County=WAAACK!
    So I don't make it out there too often, especially since there are no more record spots on the Eastside
    besides thrifts and Half Price Books.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

In N Out

no question

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Ive been on the Dollar Cone Diet for about two months. Its pretty much the only thing I will consume from Mcdonalds, 3 grams of fat and 99 cents....that shit cant be beat.

Though I got to cosine that the breakfast at most the fast food joints are a guilty pleasure on roads trips and pre-record show / flea market treks for sure.

But when you got the time, home cooking is better....it only take 5 mins to throw together a fried egg and english muffin fur realz.

And I like the Chipotle joint when Im in a hurry.

I miss In and Out like nothing else.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Ive been on the Dollar Cone Diet for about two months. Its pretty much the only thing I will consume from Mcdonalds, 3 grams of fat and 99 cents....that shit cant be beat.

the McDonald's across the street from the empire state building used to do 25 cent cones ever summer...

for all other fast food shit, i can't comment... it used to be my life, now i never touch it, except when i travel to try new spots (gotta cross those chains off the list...) so i can discover things like Quick, the french burger chain, has a sandwhich which is the spitting image of Jack in the Box's Sourdough Jack....