The Last OFFICIAL Sopranos Thread(Spoilers)

Comments

• hey, it's had a great run regardless.

the last episode is bound to disappoint.

Only if you have unrealistic expectations.

Some of you cats sound like you haven't even watched the whole (essentially) seven seasons. The Sopranos hasn't changed much, it's always been like this. I think this season is on par w/ the best.

Where does this "rushed" stuff come from? The Phil L. shit has been brewing for THREE SEASONS.

Like I mentioned earlier, the last ep was the most whirlwind ever. Super quick editing and pacing, nothing lingered on. I guarantee you the finale will be more reflective, in a typical Sopranos fashion.

I'm sad as shit it's ending.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    hey, it's had a great run regardless.

the last episode is bound to disappoint.

Only if you have unrealistic expectations.

Some of you cats sound like you haven't even watched the whole (essentially) seven seasons. The Sopranos hasn't changed much, it's always been like this. I think this season is on par w/ the best.

Where does this "rushed" stuff come from? The Phil L. shit has been brewing for THREE SEASONS.

Like I mentioned earlier, the last ep was the most whirlwind ever. Super quick editing and pacing, nothing lingered on. I guarantee you the finale will be more reflective, in a typical Sopranos fashion.

I'm sad as shit it's ending.

Gene,

I think the sense of the "rush" is partially psychological. We know the show is ending, the writers know the show is ending, and thus, everyone knows "closure" is coming and that has made the plots some what "predictable" in ways that the show hasn't gone before. That's not necessarily the fault of the show; just of our expectations.

But c'mon - the first half of this season was pretty fucking uneven. Personally, I wasn't mad at the sage of Vito but there were more than a few episodes (read: dream sequences!) that were eye-rolly.

One thing that strikes me is that Christopher's death feels really un-momentous, even a week after it happened, mostly because a lot of attention shifted to AJ. But whereas Adriana's death has haunted the show, it's like Chrissy dying was "whatever" and people have moved on. I wonder if that's a product of the show's momentum this season or a reflection of how his character more or less ran its course.

How Paulie hasn't gotten clipped up yet...

BTW, people really need to let the Pine Barrens Russian thing go. I mean, jesus, it's been what? Three, four seasons now? That's not really a "hole" except for people unwilling to accept that not EVERY plotline has to be threaded up. It was fun speculation for a season to wonder if dude was coming back on some vengeance trip but it's 2007. New day. Move on.

I will agree though: it was one of the best episodes ever.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    i am interested to see how people think the show will end. here is my opinion. i'm ranking these in order of likelihood.

1. syl lives. tony regroups and knocks out paulie. the sopranos move on and tony ends the show on top.

2. there is some sort of peace that is reached, but tony gets taken out at the very end of the show.

3. tony hooks up with his buddy in the fbi and snitches. moves away. ditches his family. starts a new life as a complete nobody.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    i don't think any of those things are likely. they already hinted at the end of the last ep that sil dies. tony is not going to snitch. they aren't going to end the show on some peace and happiness, and the war with phil has to come to a head. the only likely thing in anything you mentioned is that tony may die.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

BTW, people really need to let the Pine Barrens Russian thing go. I mean, jesus, it's been what? Three, four seasons now? That's not really a "hole" except for people unwilling to accept that not EVERY plotline has to be threaded up. It was fun speculation for a season to wonder if dude was coming back on some vengeance trip but it's 2007. New day. Move on.

Definitely one of the better episodes. What, really, does it need to be mentioned in every since discussion of the end of "The Sopranos"?

I think I might know where the Russian is hiding... Russia!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I'm not sure how well everyone knows the show... or if this aspect has been mentioned, but I loved this show for the first 4 season... even though the writers are douchebags leaving the show full of major holes!! What ever happen to the russian that paulie and christopher tried to kill, they brought him out to the woods to bury him and he was still alive & also managed to escape... they show you some blood on the ground with no further trail and a camera shot looking down as if he's hiding in the tree..... if this guy does not pop out in the last episode and kill paulie i say fuk the sopranos. Not to mention a lot of other things they never touched back on.

p.s. this was one of the funniest episodes ever!! with these idiots stuck in the woods freezing suckin on mustard and relish packets. "chrissy do it like this mix them together" "i'll leave you out here you one shoe motherfu_ker"

can all you Sopranos little dudes please stop with the PINE BARONS SCHITT!!!

seriously this is the perrenial lament of the Soprano fairweather fan.

Pine Barons was only one of MANY loose ends in this show.

it was a cool episode that left you wanting more. that's it.

why do we have to resurrect this particular episode? it's wierd people have a real hardon for this particular sub-plot.

personally there are WAY more other issues I'd like to see resolved than some maybe-dead Russian guy from four seasons ago.

Some of you cats sound like you haven't even watched the whole (essentially) seven seasons.

c'mon Gene you know that's not me.

all I said was with all the greatness this show has brought over the years, the last episode cannot possibly resolve everything that everyone wants resolved. it is bound to disappoint at least on some level.

plus it will have the unfortunate distinction of marking the end of a great show. I will be disappointed as fuck at 10 PM Sunday night, regardless of how good the episode is.

and back to the "rushed feel" thing: O-Dub mentioned AJ. this guy was a total wallflower for the entire run of the show. I used to roll my eyes everytime his chubby teen angst was exhibited. so lame. so cliche.

and then in the last season they finally try to make something of an essentially useless character. there was some (albeit minor) insight provided into Tony's relationship with his own father. but really it was all pretty formulaic, i.e. overbearing father leads Tony to take it easy on his son only to realize he should have followed his father's toughlove example after all.

seriously that's some after school special shit. I could have done without AJ for the entire run of this (amazing) show.

i don't think any of those things are likely. they already hinted at the end of the last ep that sil dies. tony is not going to snitch. they aren't going to end the show on some peace and happiness, and the war with phil has to come to a head. the only likely thing in anything you mentioned is that tony may die.
    It's funny because mafia films of the past have pretty much set up all the potential endings that folks are proposing...will he end up like Henry Hill in "Goodfellas?" Or Michael Corleone in "Godfather 3"? Or straight "Scarface-d"?

I think there will be a reckoning. And definitely no happy endings. But outside of that, I can't really say.

I'm still sad Bobby got popped.

Some of you cats sound like you haven't even watched the whole (essentially) seven seasons.

c'mon Gene you know that's not me.

all I said was with all the greatness this show has brought over the years, the last episode cannot possibly resolve everything that everyone wants resolved. it is bound to disappoint at least on some level.

plus it will have the unfortunate distinction of marking the end of a great show. I will be disappointed as fuck at 10 PM Sunday night, regardless of how good the episode is.

and back to the "rushed feel" thing: O-Dub mentioned AJ. this guy was a total wallflower for the entire run of the show. I used to roll my eyes everytime his chubby teen angst was exhibited. so lame. so cliche.

and then in the last season they finally try to make something of an essentially useless character. there was some (albeit minor) insight provided into Tony's relationship with his own father. but really it was all pretty formulaic, i.e. overbearing father leads Tony to take it easy on his son only to realize he should have followed his father's toughlove example after all.

seriously that's some after school special shit. I could have done without AJ for the entire run of this (amazing) show.

Cosign. Weakest of all the major characters by far. I'm rather disappointed they didn't let AJ off himself.

This said, I can totally see Meadow catching a stray bullet on some "ironic karmic justice" tip.

Of course, I'd rather see her having a sit down with Phil, excusing herself to the ladies room, and come back blazing (Note: not going to happen but ah...you can always dream).

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    meadow as law school graduate consigliere???!?!!??!?

meadow as law school graduate consigliere???!?!!??!?

I smell spin-off!

meadow as washed up actress that we never see again after this series[/b]

will he end up like Henry Hill in "Goodfellas?

speaking of henry hill he's opening a food joint in jersey...

Wait - he's out of witness protection? Is that, um, safe?

and in Jersey of all places?

and in Jersey of all places?

been out for years, in fact was a town drunk in santa monica & BH for years...
    he's not worried, that shits dead & full of rats...

really? man the mafia are some PUSSIES.

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts

BTW, people really need to let the Pine Barrens Russian thing go. I mean, jesus, it's been what? Three, four seasons now? That's not really a "hole" except for people unwilling to accept that not EVERY plotline has to be threaded up.

That's key right there.
    The expectation that every single plot thread has to be sewn up by the end of this coming Sunday's episode is not only unrealistic, it's bound to disappoint.
    I have no doubt that there'll be PLENTY of unresolved issues at the end of it all.
    And I actually dig that.
    Ambiguity is highly underrated.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

he's been on howard stern a couple times a year for like 15 years.

• will he end up like Henry Hill in "Goodfellas?

he's been on howard stern a couple times a year for like 15 years.
    So what's the story? I mean, are all the people who would potentially want him dead, either dead themselves or behind bars?

Back to the topic - only a few days left! Must remember to hit up the local deli on Sunday for a nice gabagool sandwich with provolone and vinnegar peppers!

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Must remember to hit up the local deli on Sunday for a nice gabagool sandwich with provolone and vinnegar peppers!

Gabagool = Capicola

• Must remember to hit up the local deli on Sunday for a nice gabagool sandwich with provolone and vinnegar peppers!

Gabagool = Capicola

Obviously, but dude, no one calls it that. Unless you're a [leotardo]fanoik![/leotardo]

fuck swine.

that schitt ain't hip hop.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    This show is the master of "red herrings".

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    WTF is right

i thought my TV broke

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

WTF[/b]

I'm sayin'. AJ got a new job and a new car, Meadow is gonna be a lawyer, Phil got wacked, the Soprano family goes out to dinner and everyting is back to normal.

• Don't stop believing.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

hbo lost me on the closure of that one.

• SureshotSureshot 134 Posts
    "Sopranos: The Movie" coming soon to a theater near you...

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    that ending illustrated the point perfectly - forever seeing everything under a fog of possible danger... you never know when its gonna be for real...

also the idea of continuum - life in some for or another will always go on - whether or not there are episodes to show it...

the phil thing was insane!

the AJ stuff was cracking me up.

i felt it was hitting on all cylanders and then: cut to black. how else to end such a series, really?

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

• I don't know. It was a good enough ending. Pretty smart. They ended it with every possibility. Either the guy in the bathroom comes out and kills Tony, he goes to jail because the guy turned on him and will testify, or he's fine. All three endings in one without an ending. Not bad, not good, but over.