The Last OFFICIAL Sopranos Thread(Spoilers)

Comments

• goatboygoatboy 371 Posts
    Phil is hiding out in his turreted mini-castle, not even showing his face but talking trash.

This was hilarious to us.
    Mr. Tough Guy hiding and talking shit.
    I think it was a wake up call to Little Carmine though - He holds no weight in the game.

And yeah, that scene of Tony kicking ass was
    Haven't seen that since American X.
    That whole plot had the smell of pure tragedy.
    Even if Tony wanted to step back he couldn't.
    To not protect the virtue of his own daughter would have made him seem totally weak and the sharks would start circling for real.

To me, this season is starting to remind me of why I fell in love with the show in the first place.
    It has all the original magic from the first few seasons.

I have to be honest and say that I almost would rather them do nothing special for the series finale.
    Two more shows strong like they've been and then turn out the light and shut the door.
    That would be fine with me rather than something forced.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    what was that closing-credit tune ??

old italian folk raer ??

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Can we just get focused on Sarah Shahi again for a moment?

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts

I SAID GODDAMN

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    You know, maybe getting married this Sunday isn't such a good idea...

no episode this week so yer safe till june 3 !

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

thats NEVER a good idea!!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Yeah but then I would be off the market by that time, and I just think that wouldn't be fair to poor Sarah.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

I would like to thank cos for getting us back on track here.

while I may have my differences with the current regime in Teheran, those that know me can tell you I have always recognized the positive effects of the 1979 revolution on US immigration patterns, and, hence, my love life. ms. Shahi is yet another shining example of the how the Islamic revolution in Iran was in fact a victory for the United States.

carry on.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

perfect timing

and i got you something for your nuptials...

oh, and congrats!!

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    what was that closing-credit tune ??

old italian folk raer ??

folkways heater

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Little Carmine: "This alteration you had with him...."

And Tony finding the tooth in his pants cuff--priceless. Only this show could make me laugh with something like that.

• Man, I don't know what's gonna happen, but i have to give those guys credit. They really know how to put an episode together.

• damn bobby, you shoulda listened when tony told you about those trains.

time for tony to shoot em up. i hope aj shoots somebody too.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    shit had my heart racing!

even with tonights "ok speed things up and lets get into it" pacing, i still dont see how everything - not just the current top storylines / war / AJ etc can be summed up and settled - credits rolling - in one more episode. maybe if its a supersize one???

to me it seems like you could explore the repercussions of the family dealing with its first real war scenario for a long while - for example, just how AJ reacts alone is major. let alone meadow - now in a relationship with patsys kid - going into criminal law! after tonights bloodbath + shakeup - cant you just see both of tonys kids just saying "fuck this, its 2007, not the godfather. i am out of here"...
    i dunno... one episode to do it all.... hmm.

• KaushikKaushik 320 Posts
    it's looking bleaker and bleaker... like the whole world's coming down around tony. end of empire type of drama. the last episode will be one hell of a ride.

• I keep hearing about how the last episode's going to be 2 hours or something. Any truth to that, or is it just hearsay?

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts
    is that real world rumors or just ss rumors?

either way, it needs to be that in order to properly settle shit

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I keep hearing about how the last episode's going to be 2 hours or something. Any truth to that, or is it just hearsay?

According to my Tivo, it'll be 1 hour 5 minutes.

damn bobby, you shoulda listened when tony told you about those trains.

hahaha yeah. I actually felt a little bad when Bobby said with a sigh about his kid "yeah he wouldn't care." That was a sad little moment. (And then of course he got blasted).

Some funny lines: Syl telling Tony one of the strippers fell off her shoes?!

Also: AJ: "We coulda been doing anything in here!" Tone: "But what were you doing? NOTHING." Hahaha AJ got...uh "sonned."

The whole episode had a desperate feel. Not like Tony's desperate -- like the writers are desperate. 2nd to last episode and the war is finally officially popping off? Feels rushed. And hella predictable.

BTW my roommate is just now watching the first season (DISCONNECTED) and I sat in on a couple minutes. SWEET LAWD have the years been unkind to Dr. Melphie. She was actually sorta hot in the beginning and now looks certifiably HURT.

• coldcutscoldcuts 388 Posts
    Anyone happen to know what that song was at the end?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Looks like it was Tindersticks "Runnin' Wild," which is a solitary jam for me... baroque folk for days!

HBO has all the songs for each episode, you just have to look it up. I haven't seen this episode yet.

• coldcutscoldcuts 388 Posts
    Looks like it was Tindersticks "Runnin' Wild," which is a solitary jam for me... baroque folk for days!

HBO has all the songs for each episode, you just have to look it up. I haven't seen this episode yet.

Didn't know that. Thanks white tea.

• Fuckin Tindersticks. They used "Tiny Tears" in episode 12 way back in Season One. One of my favorite episodes and uses of music ever.

I'll have to listen to "II" at work today, now.

I thought the use of "When the Music's Over" was mad apt as well.

I thought the use of "When the Music's Over" was mad apt as well.

badabing on the pole !

any chance that aj will declare
    jihad on new york philly
    & suicide bomb the joint ?

which threads will be sewn up
    &
    which will remain loose
    ?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    damn bobby, you shoulda listened when tony told you about those trains.

hahaha yeah. I actually felt a little bad when Bobby said with a sigh about his kid "yeah he wouldn't care." That was a sad little moment. (And then of course he got blasted).

Some funny lines: Syl telling Tony one of the strippers fell off her shoes?!

Also: AJ: "We coulda been doing anything in here!" Tone: "But what were you doing? NOTHING." Hahaha AJ got...uh "sonned."

The whole episode had a desperate feel. Not like Tony's desperate -- like the writers are desperate. 2nd to last episode and the war is finally officially popping off? Feels rushed. And hella predictable.

BTW my roommate is just now watching the first season (DISCONNECTED) and I sat in on a couple minutes. SWEET LAWD have the years been unkind to Dr. Melphie. She was actually sorta hot in the beginning and now looks certifiably HURT.

Cosign on the latter. Sadly.

But I don't know - I think it's impossible for them to wrap this up and not have a bit of a rushed feel. The crazy half season on/half off juggle didn't help. But yeah, Melfi dropping him felt kind of forced and I have a feeling that the last ep won't satisfy anyone.

Wish this was more like The Wire - usually, the penultimate episode is the best (look at S4 and S3: 2nd to last eps were FUCKING FIRE). Sopranos is going to limp to the end in contrast but hey, it's had a great run regardless.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    yeah, the hurry-up offence is in play. previous sopranos seasons felt properly paced to the last episodes - particularly the masterpiece 4th season, holy hell.

i can only wonder about the movie rumor - no one in cast or crew or david chase has ever denied that there will/might be a film after the last season.... what if shit hits the fan hard in the last ep, big things are left unresolved and then at the end we see a surprise "coming summer '08: the sopranos movie"????

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    yeah, the hurry-up offence is in play. previous sopranos seasons felt properly paced to the last episodes - particularly the masterpiece 4th season, holy hell.

i can only wonder about the movie rumor - no one in cast or crew or david chase has ever denied that there will/might be a film after the last season.... what if shit hits the fan hard in the last ep, big things are left unresolved and then at the end we see a surprise "coming summer '08: the sopranos movie"????

What would be the point though? Maybe this is for lack of imagination but I can't imagine how a Sopranos movie would be superior to anything the series could do...as a series. That said, you know I'll be at the theatres if it goes down.

Baaaa. Baaaa.

hey, it's had a great run regardless.

amen.

the last episode is bound to disappoint.

and there'll be plenty of monday morning quarterbacking about what shoulda happened.

but at the end of the day: what a great fucking TV series. it's been worth nearly every minute of the time I've spent watching it over the years. and I can't say that about most acivities, let alone most TV shows.

• I'm not sure how well everyone knows the show... or if this aspect has been mentioned, but I loved this show for the first 4 season... even though the writers are douchebags leaving the show full of major holes!! What ever happen to the russian that paulie and christopher tried to kill, they brought him out to the woods to bury him and he was still alive & also managed to escape... they show you some blood on the ground with no further trail and a camera shot looking down as if he's hiding in the tree..... if this guy does not pop out in the last episode and kill paulie i say fuk the sopranos. Not to mention a lot of other things they never touched back on.

p.s. this was one of the funniest episodes ever!! with these idiots stuck in the woods freezing suckin on mustard and relish packets. "chrissy do it like this mix them together" "i'll leave you out here you one shoe motherfu_ker"