The Last OFFICIAL Sopranos Thread(Spoilers)

1101112131416»

Comments

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    Good points.

The bathroom thing is a NOD. So obvious.

How could this mysterious cabal or solo nutjob (Nikki Leotardo? CoCo?) a) find out that the Sopranos are going to Holsten's THAT AFTERNOON and then b) get a gun planted there for another killer by that evening? Shit don't make sense but the stuff YOU DID SEE does.

this reminds me of the godfather when mike and fam were waiting for a call about where the meeting with that cop and the other dude (yeah i know, i suck at names)would take place. they had the gun with them at home at the time of the call but it was behind the toilet tank when michael got to the restaraunt....

• Options
    "First and Ten" motherfuckers, WHAT?!?!

YES!!!!!!

Bubba and Jethro, and what were the other two guys names Mad Dog and Dr. Something? I loved that show.

• Options
    john from Cincinatti was touted as the next big one, but its already bombing

yeah I was about to say.

if that pathetic show is intended to fill the Sopranos void....

I have no idea what's going on in that show, but I can't seem to look away yet.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Been missing the Sopranos lately. This thread is pretty boss.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Me and the wife are *finally* watching "The West Wing" (mostly b/c, after watching the first two eps of "Newsroom" we wanted to see what "good Sorkin" was supposed to look like). Still in Season 1 of TWW but got to the episode where Richie Aprile is playing an anti-death penalty rabbi. Talk about cognitive dissonance.

West Wing feels pretty dated, right? And I don't mean insofar as the events depicted happened a long time ago. I mean the production itself seems dated. It may have been fresh/innovative/good(?) for it's time, but now?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    mannybolone said:
    "Newsroom"

Not enjoying Newsroom? By the fourth episode, I have to say I am.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    West Wing feels pretty dated, right? And I don't mean insofar as the events depicted happened a long time ago. I mean the production itself seems dated. It may have been fresh/innovative/good(?) for it's time, but now?

If "West Wing" is dated, what about "Sports Night"? I tried watching an episode and couldn't hang, but have been considering giving it another look, since it's now on Netflix Instant.

I don't have HBO but I have enjoyed following my friends' view of "Newsroom" -- seemed like they either love it or hate it. Best as I can tell, Sorkin seems just a little too obvious with his criticisms.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

rootlesscosmo said:
    Been missing the Sopranos lately. This thread is pretty boss.

A recent conversation with a friend made me nostalgic for the Jersey boys myself. Definitely will be shopping for a used copy of one of the DVD sets when time and money permits.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    the deluxe boxset gets the gold one day super low price treatment every once in a while
    worth it
    just go to amazon and get and email link
    same for the wire

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I've rewatched all but the 2nd half of the 6th season the past couple of months. It's probably my 6th time watching the Sopranos all the way through, including seeing 90% of the episodes the respective Sunday night's they were initially released. Yep, I'm one of those Sopranos = religion people.

where's all the older Soprano's threads? The only ones I'm seeing are this one and 1-2 other, smaller ones, also related to the last season. I know there were threads for at least Season 5, and probably before (don't remember).....

HarveyCanal said:
    I've rewatched all but the 2nd half of the 6th season the past couple of months. It's probably my 6th time watching the Sopranos all the way through, including seeing 90% of the episodes the respective Sunday night's they were initially released.

The best part was probably seeing the same episode being rerun later that same week. Plenty of small, crucial details that you didn't catch the first time

HarveyCanal said:
    I've rewatched all but the 2nd half of the 6th season the past couple of months. It's probably my 6th time watching the Sopranos all the way through, including seeing 90% of the episodes the respective Sunday night's they were initially released.

The best part was probably seeing the same episode being rerun later that same week. Plenty of small, crucial details that you didn't catch the first time