NBA 2007/Second Half/Do The Math

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Should be some interesting games tonight, several highlights:

Miami at New York (can the NY clamp 'em down, yet again this season, w/o Lee?)
    Toronto at San Antonio (how serious are the Raptors?)
    Orlando at Chicago (although Orlando has been slumping)
    Lakers at Utah (this will be a test for the Lakers)
    Denver at Memphis (GB, your boys have to wrap this one up)

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    KVH.....Karl Malone is a great example of someone who came in to the league as an AWFUL free throw shooter and worked to increase is percentage almost 30%. Improvements like that ARE noticed.

Dirk came into the league as a terrible rebounder, worse defender and only knew how to receive a pass.

The strives he's made, surely due to the work you noted in your anecdote, are far and away greater than that of any other player I've seen in the league.

• Should be some interesting games tonight, several highlights:

Miami at New York (can the NY clamp 'em down, yet again this season w/o Lee?)

DAWG, HAWKS AT MAVS. IT SHOULD BE A GOOD GAME......FOR ABOUT 16 MINUTES.

• Denver at Memphis (GB, your boys have to wrap this one up)

i think we can beat teams who are .500. i hope. shit's real uncertain lately.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Should be some interesting games tonight, several highlights:

Miami at New York (can the NY clamp 'em down, yet again this season w/o Lee?)

DAWG, HAWKS AT MAVS. IT SHOULD BE A GOOD GAME......FOR ABOUT 16 MINUTES.

Well, there will probably be some good dunkage, at any rate.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Miami at New York (can the NY clamp 'em down, yet again this season, w/o Lee?) NYC
    Toronto at San Antonio (how serious are the Raptors?) SA
    Orlando at Chicago (although Orlando has been slumping) CHI
    Lakers at Utah (this will be a test for the Lakers) LA
    Denver at Memphis (GB, your boys have to wrap this one up) MEM

ATL > DAL

• Miami at New York (can the NY clamp 'em down, yet again this season, w/o Lee?) NYC

ATL > DAL

Haha. What it do B'mon? You for reals? Ain't happening. If you did your homework you'd know the upset is at Minnie tomorrow night.

ATL > DAL

Haha. What it do B'mon? You for reals? Ain't happening.

Scurrred?

Miami at New York (can the NY clamp 'em down, yet again this season, w/o Lee?) NYC

ATL > DAL

Yo, my man called ATL > PHX the other week, so I can't shake my head at this pick just yet, haha.

• ATL > DAL

Scurrred?

Not in the least.

I'll Paypal you $5 if we lose. No bet. Just money in your pocket.

ATL > DAL

Scurrred?

Not in the least.

I do need a new avatar. No cash. I week avatar bet. Im sick of lookin at that Texas shit.

• ATL > DAL

Scurrred?

Not in the least.

I do need a new avatar. No cash. I week avatar bet. Im sick of lookin at that Texas shit.

Okay dood it's your funeral....I need a new one too on the 0.05% chance I lose this bet.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    ATL > DAL

Scurrred?

Not in the least.

I do need a new avatar. No cash. I week avatar bet. Im sick of lookin at that Louisiana[/b] shit.

ATL > DAL
    Scurrred?
    Not in the least.

Okay dood it's your funeral....I need a new one too on the 0.05% chance I lose this bet.

• I do need a new avatar. No cash. I week avatar bet. Im sick of lookin at that Louisiana[/b] shit.

Ha. It didn't even register he was referring to *my* avatar.

Man, see how they do us Southerners up North? Don't even take time to learn the states. One's a boot, one has a handle like a pan. Get familiar.

I do need a new avatar. No cash. I week avatar bet. Im sick of lookin at that Louisiana[/b] shit.

Ha. It didn't even register he was referring to *my* avatar.

Man, see how they do us Southerners up North? Don't even take time to learn the states. One's a boot, one has a handle like a pan. Get familiar.

My bad, I meant Mexico.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Also, because injuries are so common, i would assume that teams actually try to limit the amount of off-season work that players do...especially head-to-head competition.

I think it's the opposite. With so many young players coming in, teams are more interested in their off season development. They usually want them to stay in town during the summer to work out at the team's facilities. They set them up to play in the league's summer games, etc. What teams don't want their players doing is getting hurt in none-basketball activities. Just ask what's his face from the Lakers, Radmonivish (sp?) who lied about getting his shoulder injured. Turned out that he was snowboarding.

• Here ya go Batmon. Pleasure doin bidness...

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    It's the Second Coming in Utah baby. You better believe it.

Announcer:[/b] So, did you go to any crazy parties after the Oscars?

Spike:[/b] Well, Prince was having a party, but I had to catch a plane back for the game tonight! Hanging out with actors is cool, but it ain't better than hanging out with athletes!!!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

We got violated straight up and down

• Oh Batmon....

from dallasnews.com

"Reggie on the radar? No way of knowing how serious it is yet, but Reggie Miller could be a candidate for the Mavericks' vacant roster spot.

Owner Mark Cuban brought up Miller's name before Monday's game against the Hawks. The former Indiana Pacers star is the No. 1 3-point shooter in NBA history. He retired after the 2004-05 season, but remains in excellent physical shape.

And joining the Mavericks would give him the chance to do about the only thing he never did in his illustrious career ??? win a championship.

Avery Johnson said he and president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson have been discussing options for the open spot, but are not close to any decisions.

Miller currently is a member of TNT's broadcast team. "

• Pippen vs. Miller 2007 NBA finals?

Nooooooooooooooo!

Tuesday, February 27, 2007
    Knicks' Crawford may be out for season[/b]

ESPN.com news services

NEW YORK -- Monday, Jamal Crawford hit a late 3-pointer to give the New York Knicks a win over the Miami Heat. Tuesday, the team learned he will likely require season-ending surgery on a stress fracture in his right ankle, though the team said it's possible he could return if the Knicks make the playoffs.

"It's very disappointing, honestly," Crawford told reporters on Tuesday. "You never expect anything like this to happen. I guess it's just part of life."

Crawford told reporters that surgery is "not definite, but a strong possibility." He also said he was told there were "no other options" to repair the fracture. He said he had been feeling pain in his ankle for a few weeks and had X-rays after Monday's game and an MRI and CT scan on Tuesday.
    Crawford is scoring 17.9 points per game this season, making him the second-highest scorer on the Knicks. New York is 26-32 and was two games out of the eighth and final spot in the Eastern Conference playoffs entering Tuersday's game at Boston.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Oh Batmon....

from dallasnews.com

"Reggie on the radar? No way of knowing how serious it is yet, but Reggie Miller could be a candidate for the Mavericks' vacant roster spot.

Owner Mark Cuban brought up Miller's name before Monday's game against the Hawks. The former Indiana Pacers star is the No. 1 3-point shooter in NBA history. He retired after the 2004-05 season, but remains in excellent physical shape.

And joining the Mavericks would give him the chance to do about the only thing he never did in his illustrious career ??? win a championship.

Avery Johnson said he and president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson have been discussing options for the open spot, but are not close to any decisions.

Miller currently is a member of TNT's broadcast team. "

Haha... I thought of our dude Batmon as soon as I read that.

• I'm sure Reggie can still fill it up, but would he be ready to play Mavs-style defense? Avery is quite demanding.

• dude, anyone check shaun livingstons dislocated kneecap? that shit looked painfullllllllllllllllllllllll! im surprised it was only a kneecap, the way his leg bent it looked like an amputation would be necessary. Goodness. didnt livingston dislocate the other kneecap the previous year? OUCh!

• I'm sure Reggie can still fill it up, but would he be ready to play Mavs-style defense? Avery is quite demanding.

reggie didn't really need to retire - he was still in great shape when he left, still running around all game off screens and shit. he was always one of the most physically fit athletes in the league. him and dirk on the same team is scary to think about.

i don't think the mavs should do anything to disrupt what they have going though. way, way too fucking good to make a high profile move right now.

• dude, anyone check shaun livingstons dislocated kneecap? that shit looked painfullllllllllllllllllllllll! im surprised it was only a kneecap, the way his leg bent it looked like an amputation would be necessary. Goodness. didnt livingston dislocate the other kneecap the previous year? OUCh!

they're saying he tore up everything (i think everything) in his knee along with the dislocated kneecap- MCL, ACL, patella. DAAAAAAAAAAMN. Can't help but feel bad to see anybody go out like that on such an innocent looking play.

Reggie Miller off the bench for the MAVS is st8 satanic. Im not having it. So he sits on the bench and collects a ring - GTFOHWTB. I want/wanted him to earn it fair and square. George & Stackhouse are sufficient. Reggie's Playoff exp and never give up attitude could be used.BUT FUCK THAT SHIT!!!!!!!