NBA 2007/Second Half/Do The Math

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    DEEEE TROOOOOOIIIITTT BASETBAAAAALLLLLLL.

I'm looking at the sports section from time to time, and I've been thinking who in the East is better than Detroit. Greg fuckin' Anthony just confirmed it, "Look for Detroit to come out of the East".

I believe at the beginning of the season, I was one of several posters that said
    "Detroit will do aiite, but maybe not Conference finals".

Considering a weak conference and significant injuries (D Wade), you still gotta give credit to the Pistons for sticking together and taking care of business.

This is shaping up to be another exciting playoffs....Toronto (which I haven't even seen on TV this year) is surging....Dallas and Phoenix are still killing teams by like 115-100.

Predictions:

Western Conference Finals: Dallas/Los Angeles (counting on Zen magic to take them here)

East: Detroit/Toronto (although I haven't seen them play recently)

Champions: DALLAS

Pippen will make comeback

Will he be the next Ron Harper for Phil? But seriously, talk about life-long relationships and loyalty. That's what a player's coach is. Championships in Chicago surely don't hurt either, ofcourse.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Yo PCMR, its on tonight. Pacers vs. Raptors!!!!

hey man i didnt have a chance to catch the game but i looked at the score

I feel you because ive been a pacer fan for while myself. I still like the players they have now but as you know its just not the same

I have to say after a disapointing loss incleveland the raptors bounced back and ''made a statement'' like they said

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I was watching the Utah/Denver game. Deron Williams is so damn good.
    He's so composed for his age. I hope Utah keeps these players for a long time.

Fisher, Boozer, Matt Harping, I don't even know their names but those pure shooters.

They play beautiful and effortless half-court sets.

But seriously, Deron Williams is such a big key to their success.

I'll save my enthusiasm for the playoffs though. I like this team.

Co-sign.

I'm looking at the sports section from time to time, and I've been thinking who in the East is better than Detroit. Greg fuckin' Anthony just confirmed it, "Look for Detroit to come out of the East".
    I believe at the beginning of the season, I was one of several posters that said
    Considering a weak conference and significant injuries (D Wade), you still gotta give credit to the Pistons for sticking together and taking care of business.

Chris Webber

• most upbeat mugshot ever

Yo PCMR, its on tonight. Pacers vs. Raptors!!!!

hey man i didnt have a chance to catch the game but i looked at the score

I feel you because ive been a pacer fan for while myself. I still like the players they have now but as you know its just not the same

I have to say after a disapointing loss incleveland the raptors bounced back and ''made a statement'' like they said

The Pacers got smacked!

• I was watching the Utah/Denver game. Deron Williams is so damn good.

Fisher, Boozer, Matt Harping, I don't even know their names but those pure shooters.

Fisher is so damn dope.

definitely a threat in the west. they've beat us 6 times in a row now. I guess that's not saying much these days though...

I was watching the Utah/Denver game. Deron Williams is so damn good.
    Fisher is so damn dope.

definitely a threat in the west. they've beat us 6 times in a row now. I guess that's not saying much these days though...

Im really concerned w/ Denver.

I said before that Iverson DOESNOT MAKE HIS TEAMATES BETTER. And yall mofuckas cried that he never had any teamates to make better...........Well now what the fuck do have to say? I was geared up for the Nuggets to look good , but shit is really bad.

I said before that Iverson DOESNOT MAKE HIS TEAMATES BETTER.

These coaches are overrated and overpaid and probably don't have the audacity to tell their star players to "Pass the rock, swing it, a pass is quicker than a dribble. If you stand around dribbling for 7 seconds by yourself, you're taking the other players out of rhythm, consequently, the team doesn't get the best shot possible".

I only had to see one game to see that this isn't working. Chemistry is horrific. Afterall, you're talking about 3rd place in the Olympics.

Don't get me wrong though, I still love how hard Iverson plays. I just wouldn't like him as a teammate.

Chris Webber

They already had 4 solid pieces in their starting 5, C Webb (who I still believe would be wack on any other team), is sufficing because he's a disciplined player that plays smart basketball.

Chris Webber

They already had 4 solid pieces in their starting 5, C Webb (who I still believe would be wack on any other team), is sufficing because he's a disciplined player that plays smart basketball.

He would be wack on any other team, but he relieves Rasheed from Low-Post duty and "lubricates" their somewhat suspect offense w/ his passing game. Before he arrived, the Pistons were a little shakey.

Chris Webber

He would be wack on any other team, but he relieves Rasheed from Low-Post duty and "lubricates" their somewhat suspect offense w/ his passing game. Before he arrived, the Pistons were a little shakey.

yup. definitely makes ball movement smooth.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    this clippers/warriors game is very tight...

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    this clippers/warriors game is very tight...

not anymore

the clip are back at playing like they were last year (almost same record too0

The warriorz have so much potential...

The Warriorz have so much potential...

As always. I dont know what the hell can happen for them to at least become a consistant Playoff bound club.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I said before that Iverson DOESNOT MAKE HIS TEAMATES BETTER.

These coaches are overrated and overpaid and probably don't have the audacity to tell their star players to "Pass the rock, swing it, a pass is quicker than a dribble. If you stand around dribbling for 7 seconds by yourself, you're taking the other players out of rhythm, consequently, the team doesn't get the best shot possible".

I only had to see one game to see that this isn't working. Chemistry is horrific. Afterall, you're talking about 3rd place in the Olympics.

Don't get me wrong though, I still love how hard Iverson plays. I just wouldn't like him as a teammate.

I would have to disagree with part of this. George Karl has been around for a very long time and played for some great coaches (UNC) himself. I was watching the Nuggets on NBA TV when they were showing a bunch of training camps before the season started, and he was yelling at his players during one session about too much one on one play and too much dribbling when they should be passing the ball. It was a telling scene to me about NBA players.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The Warriorz have so much potential...

As always. I dont know what the hell can happen for them to at least become a consistant Playoff bound club.

The Warriors are THE shittiest road team in the NBA this year. I think they've only won 9 road games so far. It's what's going to keep us out of the playoffs for a record 13th year!?!?!!!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

I would have to disagree with part of this. George Karl has been around for a very long time and played for some great coaches (UNC) himself. I was watching the Nuggets on NBA TV when they were showing a bunch of training camps before the season started, and he was yelling at his players during one session about too much one on one play and too much dribbling when they should be passing the ball. It was a telling scene to me about NBA players.

i saw a telling piece by amahd rashad before the allstar game where george karl candidly talked about melo

He said iverson is a disciplined guy that workd hard to win and that he wanted this to rub off melo. He said that melo was still young and could be careless at times he thinks Iverson could be a role model to him

• fuck george karl

• Im really concerned w/ Denver.

I said before that Iverson DOESNOT MAKE HIS TEAMATES BETTER. And yall mofuckas cried that he never had any teamates to make better...........Well now what the fuck do have to say? I was geared up for the Nuggets to look good , but shit is really bad.

11:25 DAL - A. Croshere steals the ball from C. Anthony
    11:18 DAL - Running layup by A. Croshere. Assist: D. Harris
    11:10 DAL - G. Buckner steals the ball from A. Iverson
    11:06 DAL - Slam dunk by D. Harris. Assist: J. Stackhouse
    11:03 DEN - Full timeout (Timeout #5)

yuck ... AI and anthony looked great on paper. in practice it's not going to work. if i'm running denver i surround anthony with a true point (they're missing andre miller much more than they thought they would), a guy who can hit shots with his feet set off anthony's penetration ... and their frontcourt is okay between camby/nene/najera/martin (if he ever plays in the nba again)/evans. as much as like steve blake and to a lesser extent jr smith, i'm still not sure those guys are going to end up being full-time starting lineup material. the problem now is they gave up a lot of assets to get iverson and don't have much latitude in trades outside of maybe najera (expiring contract and not bad player to boot). jr smith and blake are good players but both on very cheap deals that won't yield much on the open market, nobody's touching nene's contract, kenyon is a wasteland, camby is great when healthy, which is like every other week, and they don't have any young players who are interesting enough to make another team swallow one of their bad contracts in a deal. not saying they're completely hamstrung, but i don't see them being able to right the ship very easily either. those two draft picks they gave up for ivie are going to come back to haunt them as well. even though they're both in the later part of the draft, this year is a serious serious bumper crop and picks as late as the 20s are going to yield some very solid players.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    The important number in the Dallas-Denver game is Dirk's line of 31 points, 11 rebounds and 8 assists.

I've waited 10 years to say this, and I've never said it before.....but Nowitzki is as good as Larry Bird.

• The important number in the Dallas-Denver game is Dirk's line of 31 points, 11 rebounds and 8 assists.

I've waited 10 years to say this, and I've never said it before.....but Nowitzki is as good as Larry Bird.

It's true but most won't agree til he gets some jewelry. His game is so sick right now.

That was a fun game tonight. Lots of action, lots of dunks. Devn's throwdown was NASTY.

The important number in the Dallas-Denver game is Dirk's line of 31 points, 11 rebounds and 8 assists.
    It's true but most won't agree til he gets some jewelry.

Dirk's shooting efficiency is incredible! MVP - NO QUESTION. But that's only for the regular season which dont mean shit. The Playoffs create legends.

• Dirk's shooting efficiency is incredible! MVP - NO QUESTION. But that's only for the regular season which dont mean shit. The Playoffs create legends.

I'm fine with this...

b/w

So, Batmon, Charles Barkley is not a legend in your book then?

• Other NON-LEGENDARY greats........

Pat Ewing
    REGGIE MILLER
    Jason Kidd

Dirk's shooting efficiency is incredible! MVP - NO QUESTION. But that's only for the regular season which dont mean shit. The Playoffs create legends.

I'm fine with this...

b/w

Barkley is a Legend and gave Mj & them a good fight in the Finals. Barkley was the shit BEFRORE he went to Phoenix. What he did to/with the Suns cemented his status. If Dirk were to have a career threatning injury and was forced to quit right now, i couldnt give him Barkley level status. Scoring and team Wins arent enuff.
    He should get the MVP, but I know u dont really care about that. Look at AI. Big whoop! I want Dirk to win that real award and make Mark Cuban happy.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

I'm fine with this...

Dirk is the Peyton Manning of the NBA.

We'll see if he can shake that tag earlier as opposed to later.

• Dirk's shooting efficiency is incredible! MVP - NO QUESTION. But that's only for the regular season which dont mean shit. The Playoffs create legends.

I'm fine with this...

b/w

Barkley is a Legend and gave Mj & them a good fight in the Finals. Barkley was the shit BEFRORE he went to Phoenix. What he did to/with the Suns cemented his status. If Dirk were to have a career threatning injury and was forced to quit right now, i couldnt give him Barkley level status. Scoring and team Wins arent enuff.
    He should get the MVP, but I know u dont really care about that. Look at AI. Big whoop! I want Dirk to win that real award and make Mark Cuban happy.

I love Barkley. I think he's no doubt a legend. But his resume reads almost exactly the same as Dirk's with just a few more years of doing it: Scoring? Check. REbounding? Check (altho Barkley was a league-leader type of rebounder while Dirk is a 10 RPGer). MVP? Bout to be. One Finals appearance? Yep. Saying man. Let's be consistent. BUt this is just discussion. Dirk's only 28. I didn't think he had another level in him but apparently losing to the Heat hurt him cos he is even better this year. His passing has improved incredibly, as has his defense. He is literally doing it all right now. 50% on FG. 42% on 3Ps. 90% at the stripe.

Drewn, Peyton broke through...maybe it's a sign. Maybe yr Pistons will be the last hurdle in the way come June. Wouldn't that be fun?