NBA 2007/Second Half/Do The Math

Comments

• Reggie Miller off the bench for the MAVS is st8 satanic. Im not having it. So he sits on the bench and collects a ring - GTFOHWTB. I want/wanted him to earn it fair and square. George & Stackhouse are sufficient. Reggie's Playoff exp and never give up attitude could be used.BUT FUCK THAT SHIT!!!!!!!

Pretty sure it was just a case of Cuban messing w/ the media. Miller will remain a Pacer forever.

BTW...Minnie......65 pts?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    reggie didn't really need to retire - he was still in great shape when he left, still running around all game off screens and shit. he was always one of the most physically fit athletes in the league.

He was slowing down considerably. He left before he embaressed himself.
    Richard Hamilton carried the torch for my man. The art of the midrange game is a dying.

• 1) Saw the vid of Livingston's injury last night. Good God.

2) Did anyone see Lebron totally face some dood from the Hornets last night? I mean he put it RIGHT in dood's grill. He seemed to hang in the air for 5 seconds.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    having reggie for clutch moments would have the opposing team shitting bricks. but him coming out of retirement to get a ring would not be a good look.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I hope some of you folks got to watch tonight's Texas/Texas A&M game.

Two of the best players in the country.

Kevin Durant and Acie Law IV will both be stars in the NBA.

• I hope some of you folks got to watch tonight's Texas/Texas A&M game.

Two of the best players in the country.

Kevin Durant and Acie Law IV will both be stars in the NBA.

What a game.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    The Warriors are fuckin dead. Every year, when it comes to crunch time and making a run for the playoffs, the choke.

The Warriors are fuckin dead. Every year, when it comes to crunch time and making a run for the playoffs, the choke.

do y'all have any draft picks?

Yes, except the lsat couple years we've been stuck at Pick #8 or #9. Usually means a role player when we need a star.

Who would u be willing to part with to get some better talent?

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    this draft is deep though... who knows maybe we'll get a lucky roll and end up with 1 or 2... oden or durant aint bad! i can dream right!

btw, if im riley in miami, i tell wade to sit out and hope we can land a better chance at a top 2 or 3 draft pick. see spurs when they lost david robinson and ended up w/ tim duncan the following year.

go warriors!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

btw, if im riley in miami, i tell wade to sit out and hope we can land a better chance at a top 2 or 3 draft pick. see spurs when they lost david robinson and ended up w/ tim duncan the following year.

go warriors!

sound advice for building the future..

it could be argued that shaq is almost done and they have come back from adversity to win it all before so they could just go for it

this draft is deep though... who knows maybe we'll get a lucky roll and end up with 1 or 2... oden or durant aint bad! i can dream right!

go warriors!

Are any of these draft picks gonna turn a non-playoff team into a playoff team? Anybody w/ the top 5 isnt a contender next year, right?

• What happened to GState? Seems every time I catch the crawl recently they're down by 20. That trade must not have worked out...for either team really cos the Pacers are slumping.

What happened to GState? Seems every time I catch the crawl recently they're down by 20. That trade must not have worked out...for either team really cos the Pacers are slumping.

Yeah. The Pacers were really just trying to change the locker room culture. Jackson had fuckin' go.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Golden State,s biggest mistake in the recent past was pickin' Dunleavy while Amare was available.

But the Draft is NOT about position, it's about doin' your homework...

Imagine this team..

Gilbert Arenas Picked #31
    Carlos Boozer Picked #35
    Josh Howard Picked #29
    David Lee Picked #30

Add Amare to that mix and the Warriors have a hell of a chance at a title.

• Shoot. Barbosa went at 28 and he's debatably a better pick.

Shoot. Barbosa went at 28 and he's debatably a better pick.

he couldnt run the suns offense when nash went down.

• Shoot. Barbosa went at 28 and he's debatably a better pick.

Well that was only 4 games. But I'd agree he's not a true PG. Doesn't change the fact he can light it up. You'd rather Dunleavy?

Shoot. Barbosa went at 28 and he's debatably a better pick.

Well that was only 4 games. But I'd agree he's not a true PG. Doesn't change the fact he can light it up. You'd rather Dunleavy?

I dont understand your qusetion. Do you mean Dunleavy would do a better job at running the Suns Offense or as an overall player. As a player, I'd still take Dunleavy. Barbosa is backup undersized shooter who flourishes in the Nash/D'Antoni Offense. He'd be a defensive liabilty in a halfcourt playoff set despite his speed. Unless he improves his PG skills, I dont see him outside the Suns system which camoflagues weaknesses.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Suns system which camoflagues weaknesses.

I'll give 'em 2 more years.

There gonna have to COMMIT TO DEFENSE if they plan on getting to the next level.

• I dont understand your qusetion.

Based on your answer I think you did. Perhaps I am overvaluing Barbosa based on the Suns "crazy Tiger style".

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

This year's playoffs will be a real test for them. Anything less than West Finals berth is underachievement in my mind.

• Suns system which camoflagues weaknesses.

This year's playoffs will be a real test for them. Anything less than West Finals berth is underachievement in my mind.

Spurs v. Suns in round 2.

No Steve Nash-led team has ever beat the Spurs in a playoff series.

Golden State,s biggest mistake in the recent past was pickin' Dunleavy while Amare was available.

But the Draft is NOT about position, it's about doin' your homework...

Imagine this team..

Gilbert Arenas Picked #31
    Carlos Boozer Picked #35
    Josh Howard Picked #29
    David Lee Picked #30

Add Amare to that mix and the Warriors have a hell of a chance at a title.

The Warriors DID take Arenas in the draft, but because he was signed to a 2-year deal and NBA rules at the time, we didn't really have a chance to re-sign him.

And the Warriors have been up and down in their draft picks. Sometimes good, sometimes bad.

I would take Barbosa over Dunleavy.

Dunleavy can pass, handle the ball, and doesn't make many mistakes. He's good at taking charges but is a horrible one on one defender. He also can't shoot. He will never get any better than what you see. He's very average to mediocre at best, a role player.

Barbosa is also a role player, but he can score very well.

I'd take a player that does one thing well than one that does a lot of things, but none of them noteworthy, unless you're a championship team that just needs some role player to fill out the roster.

Spurs v. Suns in round 2.

No Steve Nash-led team has ever beat the Spurs in a playoff series.

The Spurs aren't as good as they use to be. I think Dallas and the Suns are a step ahead of them and would expect Phoenix to take them in the playoffs.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

The Spurs aren't as good as they use to be. I think Dallas and the Suns are a step ahead of them and would expect Phoenix to take them in the playoffs.

^^^ REAL TALK