NBA 2007/Second Half/Do The Math

Comments

• those shoulder injuries are terrible.

I was just starting to get some wins in fantasy ball.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Could Wade's injury/possible surgery knock them out of the playoffs? Or do ya'll think that Shaq and them have enough heart to get it done without him?

• Could Wade's injury/possible surgery knock them out of the playoffs? Or do ya'll think that Shaq and them have enough heart to get it done without him?

No Wade, no playoffs for that team. Well, I say that, but I guess it depends on how soon the Nets get healthy. The Heat could play like .420 ball the rest of the way and still maybe make it due to the weakness of the EC.

I wouldn't expect to see them back in the Finals without Wade though.

The scenario the announcers last night described was interesting. Wade doesn't get surgery and comes back for the playoffs, setting up a potential Heat v. Pistons in round #1 (1 v. 8).

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Could Wade's injury/possible surgery knock them out of the playoffs? Or do ya'll think that Shaq and them have enough heart to get it done without him?

Eddie Jones and the rest of the role players are going to have step the hell up.

Another unsung hero in Toronto is Coach Sam Mitchell(Ex-Indiana Pacer). He might catch Coach Of The Year.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

Another unsung hero in Toronto is Coach Sam Mitchell(Ex-Indiana Pacer). He might catch Coach Of The Year.

he had a rough time before with the team and vince, very glad they kept him

• I wouldn't expect to see them back in the Finals without Wade though.

Seriously, i'm feeling Dallas-Detroit for the finals.

No offense to Dallas heads, but I'd rather see PHX go to the finals this year.

My high school coach would always refer to DJ when discussing how to play the Point Guard position.
    Dude never got a coaching gig in the NBA.

Uh-Oh.

Against who?

Pistons vs. Suns
    Raptors vs. Suns

• My high school coach would always refer to DJ when discussing how to play the Point Guard position.

RIP DJ. The Sonics didn't want to pay him after we won the title and ended up trading him for Westphal (who was a complete flop as a player and later a coach) Ownership was real cheap back then. I think Gus Williams even sat out a season in a contract dispute. My dad would always talk about how the franchise went to crap when we let DJ go. I remember him as a Celtic unfortunately.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

My high school coach would always refer to DJ when discussing how to play the Point Guard position.

He did coach the Clippers for a short stint....was like 8-16.

DJ provided many devestating moments for me as a young Knick fan.

RIP

Hope all you want, that shit ain't happening. Why do you care anyway? Shouldn't you be saying "I'd rather see the Nuggets go the finals."?

Hope all you want, that shit ain't happening. Why do you care anyway? Shouldn't you be saying "I'd rather see the Nuggets go the finals."?

You mad, you mad, I said no offense, don't get all ass-hurt over it.

Why do I care? Because I like basketball. I like the way the Suns run their offense, I think 2-time MVP Steve Nash needs a shot at an NBA title, and I think Amare's come back was strong and I would love to see him be part of a championship team. As for your Nuggets comment, I'm not the type to root for one team and disregard everybody else in the league. Ahem.

And BATMON, Detroit/PHX would be interesting, strong D vs. a super fast offense. Can't say I've seen enough Raptors games to know how they've been playing lately, but with those 2 big white dudes, Bosh and Ford, they could do something. Was that a serious question? Have we ruled out Cleveland, Chicago and Washington in the East? I believe all three teams are still possible playoff threats. The east is pretty up in the air this year. The west seems pretty decided but you never know what might happen come playoff time.

You mad, you mad, I said no offense, don't get all ass-hurt over it.

Why do I care? Because I like basketball. I like the way the Suns run their offense, I think 2-time MVP Steve Nash needs a shot at an NBA title, and I think Amare's come back was strong and I would love to see him be part of a championship team. As for your Nuggets comment, I'm not the type to root for one team and disregard everybody else in the league. Ahem.

And BATMON, Detroit/PHX would be interesting, strong D vs. a super fast offense. Can't say I've seen enough Raptors games to know how they've been playing lately, but with those 2 big white dudes, Bosh and Ford, they could do something. Was that a serious question? Have we ruled out Cleveland, Chicago and Washington in the East? I believe all three teams are still possible playoff threats. The east is pretty up in the air this year. The west seems pretty decided but you never know what might happen come playoff time.

I can't tease you a bit mang? Just shit talkin over here, pay me no mind.....

• Heh, me too. Your team got the best record in the league though, you know you don't need ot talk shit! haha.

• I try to find teams in the East to root for outside of the Mavs. REally can't root for other West teams but if I had to pick one it would be the Hornets.

• Heh, me too. Your team got the best record in the league though, you know you don't need ot talk shit! haha.

Maybe I went to a busted school of shit-talking, but I thought that would be the exact time to talk it!

• The Hornets kinda fell apart early on this year with all of their injuries. Did they get dudes back finally? I think Chris Paul is great. David West is putting up some good numbers. Stojakovic seems pretty quiet with his 17.8 ppg average... I guess they're only a couple spots out of the playoffs as of right now...

My east team this year was Chicago. Still is, but I like Washington too. And I'm never really mad at Detroit either.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    And I'm never really mad at Detroit either.

How can anyone be?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Yeah!! That's what I was talkin' about as far as a "trick shot" contest for All-Star Weekend

Washington & Cleveland are only pretenders.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

...buckets

that man needs a quotables... oh wait.

• Washington & Cleveland are only pretenders.

If this is true, then where does Indiana stand? Do they take one of these teams out in the playoffs??

Cleveland seems a bit lacklustre. Washington though, I can't count them out yet...

• EC looks wide open to me, especially if D Wade isn't there. Tough to count anyone out at this point. Injuries will be key.

then where does Indiana stand? Do they take one of these teams out in the playoffs??

Yo PCMR, its on tonight. Pacers vs. Raptors!!!!

• Yo PCMR, its on tonight. Pacers vs. Raptors!!!!

Pffft. Raptors all the way.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

Uh-Oh.

Against who?

Pistons vs. Suns
    Raptors vs. Suns

Yes please.

• Yo PCMR, its on tonight. Pacers vs. Raptors!!!!

Is this on network tv or cable at all? i got a nugs game tonight but would like to check this.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I was watching the Utah/Denver game. Deron Williams is so damn good.
    He's so composed for his age. I hope Utah keeps these players for a long time.

Fisher, Boozer, Matt Harping, I don't even know their names but those pure shooters.

They play beautiful and effortless half-court sets.

But seriously, Deron Williams is such a big key to their success.

I'll save my enthusiasm for the playoffs though. I like this team.

Fisher is so damn dope.