• all I know if my fantasy team is chock full of decent cats on crappy teams

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    all I know if my fantasy team is chock full of decent cats on crappy teams

Fantasy is about numbers not W&L.

• Reporting for duty.

So, any other trades jump off today?

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    all I know if my fantasy team is chock full of decent cats on crappy teams

Fantasy is about numbers spread[/b] not W&L.

dumars 'O8

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Reporting for duty.

So, any other trades jump off today?

Juan Dixon for Fred Jones

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

What time is the official time deadline? 5pm eastern?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I'm pretty sure it was 3 p.m. EST.

So annoyoing to have all those rumors flying and end up having damn near every GM in the league sit on their hands into the afternoon.

I think Bibby to Cleveland would have made things kind of interesting.

I'm pretty sure it was 3 p.m. EST.

So annoyoing to have all those rumors flying and end up having damn near every GM in the league sit on their hands into the afternoon.

I think Bibby to Cleveland would have made things kind of interesting.

My homie told me they do this erry trade deadline. Hypin shit up to get the fans to hope for big changes.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    toronto's taking the atlantic.
    third best record in the nba for 2007 behind dallas and phoenix...

euroball

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    toronto's taking the atlantic.
    third best record in the nba for 2007 behind dallas and phoenix...

euroball

i will wait to see the end of the season but i love how they are still under the radar

• Expect a strong second half from the Blazers. Only 3 games out of the 8th spot in the west.

• That move was strictly PR related.

Jones is still extremely popular here in Portland......being a Barlow/UofO graduate.

Infact, check out the front page of www.trailblazers.com .

• I wanted to see that other thread hit triple digits, but how could one not defer to the NBA ringleader?

Really hoping to get a look at some Raptors games in the second half of the season and playoffs. Who's this "Garbajosa" cat? And Calderon? Always been a fan of Texas boys Ford and Bosh. Bargnani is really surpassing expectations. Nice young squad.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I wanted to see that other thread hit triple digits, but how could one not defer to the NBA ringleader?

Really hoping to get a look at some Raptors games in the second half of the season and playoffs. Who's this "Garbajosa" cat? And Calderon? Always been a fan of Texas boys Ford and Bosh. Bargnani is really surpassing expectations. Nice young squad.

They have a bunch of young guys playing super solid

anthony parker has good size and athleticism and plays great defense (on kobe recently) and just good hustle (boards, put backs)

we have two strong PG in ford and calderon plays with confidence and speed

crish bosh has blossomed and has a very good attitude

barniani and garbajosa are two versatile big men that are good shooters

and our "veteran" morris peterson

this is the report on the raptors
    their formula has finally meshed and is working (nice job by the new GM)

we used to have problems with consistence...and basically effort

we would have runs and just get into nasty slumps...

now bosh is our star (ciao vince) he is now an estbalished scorer and provides defensive presence but is grounded and not high on himself. around him he has aforementioned players european or disciplined players that are athletic and know there role...plus the raptors benefit from being so off the radar teams dont know or expect them to be good (not anymore but still) calderon,barniani or parker get high numbers and the opposing team is left shaking their heads...it can be summed up in these big men they let barniani hit 4 or 5 threes until they go after him and then he scores instead like he is "supposed to" all a while..bosh is cruising and before you know it raptors by 8 5 minutes left in the 3rd... and now they are solid so they close out

most raptors victories have been tight contests but we end up winning it and if not we get real close to big teams like the mavs...
    its still a sing of a young team, seraching for an identity..but they are hungry have good fans and started the season awful so they have a chip on their shoulders and are peaking at the right time

we will see in the playoffs

Adding Juan Dixon just adds speedy creative guard play to us..with his maryland groomed sense of discipline...

hmmm young guys peaking together and disciplined ...nice job gm (also suns gm..just a great GM)

sorry for the long winded but i dont think the raptors are very well covered in the states no?!

Go raps

ps: best announcer

Who's the Raptor's announcer??

I saw both Bosh and T.J. in H.S.......Chris was too skinny and timid.....the strides he's made since then is amazing....he's a solid star.

Ford was the best 17 year old point guard I've ever seen.

They are an exciting team and will only get better.

But I'm afraid Ford's durability will be an issue.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

I saw both Bosh and T.J. in H.S.......Chris was too skinny and timid.....the strides he's made since then is amazing....he's a solid star.

Ford was the best 17 year old point guard I've ever seen.

They are an exciting team and will only get better.

The "best" HS player I ever saw was Schea Cotton, who I believe declared for the draft in the mid to late-90's and fell off the map. Number 2 would've been Tim Young, who played at Harbor High before moving on to Stanford.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

chuck schwerski is just hilarious (laugh at him not with him related)

I fear you may be right about TJ we could have built on him and i enjoyed seeing him in his past years...at least calderon is a pleasant surprise

The "best" HS player I ever saw was Schea Cotton, who I believe declared for the draft in the mid to late-90's and fell off the map. Number 2 would've been Tim Young, who played at Harbor High before moving on to Stanford.

Cotton got a lot of press early on.....would have loved to have seen him play.

Best High School player I've ever seen was Andre McCarter from Philly.

Once saw a guy named Stanley Bonewitz score 131 points in 2 games at the State Finals. Went on to play at Texas Tech and faded away.

• i'm a huge fan of TJ ford and i'm glad to see him doing well in toronto. true point guard instincts are rare these days and he's got them in spades. his shot selection has been much better this year too. he could end up being a great fit for the system colangelo wants to implement ..

by the way, i was being sarcastic when i called d. wade a pussy ... dont take that literally. those shoulder injuries are terrible. you dont realize how sensitive the joint is to every minor motion until it gets fucked up like that. showering for example is straight up murder. i'm not the biggest d. wade fan on the planet but seeing him throw it out the way he did made me wince .... i was trying to steal the ball from this hoss

in a pickup game when it happened to me. needless to say she was much stronger than i had figured

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    those shoulder injuries are terrible.

Dwade considering season ending surgery

• Once saw a guy named Stanley Bonewitz score 131 points in 2 games at the State Finals. Went on to play at Texas Tech and faded away.

damn i remember that dude! fuck man that really brings back memories. he was crazy athletic for a white dude. him and lance hughes. i used to go watch them play all the time, even see them at the gym a lot. i think i was like 10 or 12 then.

Once saw a guy named Stanley Bonewitz score 131 points in 2 games at the State Finals. Went on to play at Texas Tech and faded away.

damn i remember that dude! fuck man that really brings back memories. he was crazy athletic for a white dude. i used to go watch them play all the time, even see them at the gym a lot. i think i was like 10 or 12 then.

San Antonio???

I think the 131 came in the Semi-Finals......I know he scored like 50 pts in a Final game when he was a Junior.

• LBK

i only saw those guys play in college, but bonewitz was quite the local star back then. hughes too after he won that dunk contest.

those shoulder injuries are terrible.

I was hoping Dirk & Co. could administer his season ending "surgery".

• anyone see OJ mayo tonight on espn2? dude dropped 47, but i thought he was forcing it a bit at times .. he claims he's a point guard but he's got a long ways to go in that regard. it's not that he doesn't pass well, just that he appears to be thinking about scoring first and foremost ...

i try not to get too excited about guys scoring a lot of points in high school games, even if it's about as high a level of competition as they're going to see. i was more impressed with eric gordon a while back - he looked like he has better instincts.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Admittedly I have not seen that many high school basketball games. For two years though I went to all the home games at my school and saw our local star Leon Powe. He was really a man among boys because there wasn't a player in the Oakland Athletic League that was as big and strong as him. Tech basically ran over all opponents and made it to the state champsionships two years in a row, only to lose in the Finals both times. Powe went on to be a star at Cal and is now with the Boston Celtics.

http://www.debonairproductions.com/video/powe.mov

The OAL was pretty good in those years as well. Tech's point guard, Q. Thomas, ended up going to North Carolina and won a championship even though he only got spot minutes. He's still with the Tar Heels but I don't think he's playing much.

Ayinde Ubaka from Oakland High also ended up at Cal with Powe and is still their starting point guard.

Some other kids also made it to top college programs those years as well but I can't remember who.

I also got to see Alexis Gray-Lawson at Tech. who now plays at Cal as well. She's out with an injury this season but she was Pac-10 freshmen of the year last year.

Her Tech. teammate who also goes to Cal, Devanei Hampton is now holding down the fort as Cal has been in and out of the Top-25 rankings.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Did I mention that Gray-Lawson was a H.S. all-american at Tech. and that she won 2 back-to-back Div. I California State girl's H.S. basketball championships?

• 45-5 in the last 50. That's a .900 clip.

Dirk was pretty nasty last night.