NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Tell 'em Keith! Our love for Kobe Bryant is infinite, kinda like the horizon. Word.

• it actually reminds me of the dirty shit malone used to do after a rebound, twisting around with his elbows out

Oh you mean that shit Timmie does now?

Just a lil' jab bro...you won't catch me arguing against the fact that the Mailman and the Pasty Gangsta weren't two of the dirtiest players ever. And you kinda gotta give 'em props for that. They developed all that shit that the refs let 'em get away with and they still couldn't take out #23.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    The shit that Malone used to do that drove me absolutely nuts was, when his defender reached an arm out, he'd swing his arms under the defender's arm, then go up for the shot, drawing the foul call. I guess it's a slick way of pinning fouls on your defender and making him keep his arms away, but still...it's so fucking chintzy.

• It's still not as bitchmade as the flops around the NBA today. Manu's the king of that.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Can anybody name a Hall Of Fame player who sucks. I just dont fuckin get the logic.
    Do any of the TOP 50 NBA all timers really "SUCK"? I just dont get where somebody who watches Basketball would have the gall to make a statement like that.

you're fotgetting that the same person said that Kareem was also overrated, his main argument being that Kareem was over 7' and therefore somehow had it easy playing in the NBA.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    I can tell you who sucks.......Raja Bell!

Bill Walton on ESPNews today: "Raja Bell is the EPITOME of what it means to be a great basketball player." LOLzers!

nobody is in awe of shaq because of his low post moves, shooting form or defensive skills. when he dominates, its cause he's half-man/half-monster. that's it. i'm not suggesting that he needs to have game like Kobe or Wade in order to be appreciated, but who knows how good Shaq could be, the dude hasn't worked on his game in years. he's out making shitty commercials and f*cking up police busts.

Shaq has excellent footwork to go along with some incredible agility for his size. He steadily progressed in his moves and passing ability from his rookie year to when he was with the Lakers. The guy has reached the zenith of his career and is now slowing down. When it comes to offense, he pretty much has it for a big man/low post player, unless you expect him to start facing the basket and shooting 18 foot jumpers ala Ewing or something, but with his size and skill why do it? The percentages are so much better with his back to the basket and close in.

The way I see it, he's also playing a lesser role with Miami, not only because he's getting older, but because he's also deferring to the younger talent on his team which means victories. A parallel can be made with Kareem and the Lakers later in his career when he let Magic take over the team and run the fast break which obviously meant a lot less touches for Kareem in the post, but a lot more victories and championships.

He was frustrated and instinctively took a swipe to get some space. It's called invasion of personal space, don't do it.

naw, but i felt bad for Ginobilli afterwards. by the way, Manu ain't the same Manu I knew 2 years ago when he was SCORCHING the Lakers. What happened?

I think injuries are beginning to take their tole.

The shit that Malone used to do that drove me absolutely nuts was, when his defender reached an arm out, he'd swing his arms under the defender's arm, then go up for the shot, drawing the foul call. I guess it's a slick way of pinning fouls on your defender and making him keep his arms away, but still...it's so fucking chintzy.

Stockton would do the same thing when he went around picks. He would run into the guy setting the pick, put his arm under the other guy's arm and then do a fine acting job, like the pick setter was making a moving screen or something. Stockton would get the call almost every time.

Official Jazz hater!

It's still not as bitchmade as the flops around the NBA today. Manu's the king of that.

What they should do is get rid of the entire offensive foul/charging call. How the hell is it defense to jump in front of a guy making a move and flopping to the ground!

When Red Auerback died NBA TV was playing all these old shorts that he made for TV on playing basketball. One episode was about taking charges. Red said that it was destroying the game and should be done away with. Too bad that it's only grown and become legitimized in the NBA.

Bill Walton on ESPNews today: "Raja Bell is the EPITOME of what it means to be a great basketball player." LOLzers!

LOL I like Bill Walton, but come on....that's stretching it. I bet you Luke Walton could take Bell in a one-on-one.

By the way, Gbdiggs, if you're definition of "bitchmade" is the occassional flop by Manu than you got it twisted. Manu is 10 times the baller that Melo and AI are. And my support for him is inifinite, kinda like the horizon.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

LOL I like Bill Walton, but come on....that's stretching it. I bet you Luke Walton could take Bell in a one-on-one.

Dude whatever, Yuichi. Let's see if the Lakers can make it past the Suns this year in the playoffs. Wanna wager some loot or raers or what????

• Manu is 10 times the baller that Melo and AI are.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Manu is 10 times the baller that Melo and AI are. And my support for him is inifinite, kinda like the horizon.

Ah, yuichi, here is where we must part ways.

Manu is 10 times the baller that Melo and AI are. And my support for him is inifinite, kinda like the horizon.

YOU ARE KIDDING, RIGHT?????

Dude whatever, Yuichi. Let's see if the Lakers can make it past the Suns this year in the playoffs. Wanna wager some loot or raers or what????

If we see 'em in the 2nd round, watch out Phoenix. The youguns are growing up, and there's no one in the middle for Phoenix.

As for Manu vs Melo and AI:

Plain and simple, Manu plays smart basketball, has great court vision, and most importantly plays in a team frame of mind. He'll do whatever is necessary to win, including defense. Resultingly, he has a ring. Need I say more?

• it actually reminds me of the dirty shit malone used to do after a rebound, twisting around with his elbows out

Oh you mean that shit Timmie does now?

Just a lil' jab bro...you won't catch me arguing against the fact that the Mailman and the Pasty Gangsta weren't two of the dirtiest players ever. And you kinda gotta give 'em props for that. They developed all that shit that the refs let 'em get away with and they still couldn't take out #23.

I know you're joking, but it is a difference of intent.

Malone: elbows out to inflict damage and deter players in the future from hanging around after he grabs the ball

Timmy: elbows out to prevent people from reaching in amd knocking the ball loose

plus Timmy could never replicate the mack-truck like blow of a Karl Malone elbow, even if he wanted to

I can still talk shit about Raja Bell.

Really? Go for it. Dude hits the 3's and has a defensive presence. Consistently a starter for the Suns.

Hatt all you want, but methinks it's just cos he clotheslined Kobe .

I can still talk shit about Raja Bell.

Really? Go for it. Dude hits the 3's and has a defensive presence. Consistently a starter for the Suns.

Hatt all you want, but methinks it's just cos he clotheslined Kobe .

You gotta admit that was real bitch-like. He's slow and generally sucks. Kinda like my game right now.

and there's no one in the middle for Phoenix.

• I wish someone would do like a Fensler films GI joe type thing with footage of Karl Malone praying everytime he shot a gotdamn free throw.

doh! i forgot Amare was back. hahahaha. hmmmmm....

and now I see why he needed that knee surgery....I don't think I've ever seen a big man get up that much.

• You gotta admit that was real bitch-like. He's slow and generally sucks. Kinda like my game right now.

it wasn't bitchmade, Kobe was just invading Raja's space, don't do it

doh! i forgot Amare was back. hahahaha. hmmmmm....

and now I see why he needed that knee surgery....I don't think I've ever seen a big man get up that much.

...and from what I've read, at the rate he's playing he'll need the surgery again in 4-5 years!!!

You gotta admit that was real bitch-like. He's slow and generally sucks. Kinda like my game right now.

it wasn't bitchmade, Kobe was just invading Raja's space, don't do it

Not a single media outlet showed a replay of Kobe absolutely DRILLING Raja Bell in the face with an elbow on the play before Raja's clothesline.

• Manu is 10 times the baller that Melo and AI are. And my support for him is inifinite, kinda like the horizon.

you are currently the best poster in this thread.

• Denver
    Name Min FG 3Pt FT Off Reb Ast TO Stl Blk PF Pts
    C. Anthony 39 11-26 1-2 2-4 2 6 5 5 0 1 6 25
    R. Evans 17 4-5 0-0 2-3 2 4 0 2 0 1 1 10
    M. Camby 39 1-8 0-0 1-2 4 10 5 0 0 6 1 3
    S. Blake 28 0-2 0-2 0-0 0 1 5 2 0 0 1 0
    A. Iverson 42 10-15 1-2 10-12 0 3 8 0 4 1 1 31
    L. Kleiza 5 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0
    E. Najera 20 2-3 0-0 0-0 1 5 0 1 0 0 1 4
    N. Hilario 15 5-6 0-0 2-2 0 5 0 1 1 0 4 12
    J.R. Smith 26 2-12 1-9 4-4 0 1 2 0 0 0 3 9
    Y. Diawara 4 2-3 1-2 2-2 0 1 1 0 0 0 3 7
    K. Martin DNP - Coach's Decision
    D. Johnson DNP - Coach's Decision
    J. Sampson DNP - Coach's Decision

i know denevr lost, but AI put up a NASTY lil stat line (i didnt see the game)
    sorry if its illegible
    10-15! (considering a couple of those came in fouls, thats close to perfect)
    no turnovers! 8 assists, 4 steals, 1 block (thats more than the sixers starting center had tonight)

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

i know denevr lost, but AI put up a NASTY lil stat line (i didnt see the game)
    sorry if its illegible
    10-15! (considering a couple of those came in fouls, thats close to perfect)
    no turnovers! 8 assists, 4 steals, 1 block (thats more than the sixers starting center had tonight)

Yet he is only one-tenth the player that Manu Ginobli is...

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    It's officially mid-season, fellas. Do you think we can make this thread 33 pages longer?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

All true, but Malone + Stockton were all about the leg fouls. As devastating as an illegal Malone elbow was, a Malone or Stockton mid-air knee or scissor-kick to the groin could drop a man cold. This seemingly happened about every other game.