NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    yall should really focus on some good players and good matchups for once.

this on your desktop, son?!!

• Mine would look like this, no order:

Nash
    Billups
    Parker
    Paul
    Williams

Anybody who would put chris paul over allen iverson obviously does not like rap music. i mean basketball.

• Mine would look like this, no order:

Nash
    Billups
    Parker
    Paul
    Williams

I forgot about Parker- No doubt.

you sure he wasn't referring to Smush?

• And before anybody else starts trying to bust my chops about it, I'll go ahead and get it out in the open. The Nuggets have lost 4 in a row to some of the lowest ranked teams in the league. This shit is getting frustrating but I still have faith in my dogs. Marcus Camby is still the best center in the west. AI and Carmelo are still 2 of the 5 top scorers in the league. Nene is even crushing it in the paint on offense. I ain't mad at them. But these mistakes must stop. Giving up too many offensive boards and second chance points, defense collapsing way too easily, perimeter shooters getting way too many open looks. Come on George, get your troops alligned homie! We got a division title to win!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Mine would look like this, no order:

Nash
    Billups
    Parker
    Paul
    Williams

Anybody who would put chris paul over allen iverson obviously does not like rap music. i mean basketball.

YOU DUDES ARE STILL MAD TRIVIAL YO. See what you wrote 2 posts down, that pretty much sums it up.

You dudes aren't talking about legends here...you aren't talking about Stockton or Malone or Alonzo Mourning, who got better with age.

Like I said when the trade happened, Denver will stay an obscure basketball city a little longer.

I speak truth.

• Man, I was gonna call BS on the D Williams hype but his stats say otherwise. 9 APG, one of the highest A/TO ratios.....nice line for a sophomore. Kid is good.

How do y'all rank Andre Miller? Baron Davis? It's hard to appraise AI as a point guard, you know what I mean.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Man, I was gonna call BS on the D Williams hype but his stats say otherwise. 9 APG, one of the highest A/TO ratios.....nice line for a sophomore. Kid is good.

I watched him play some excellent PG against my Spurs last night. He is the real deal, definitely. He plays a very nice, smart, efficient game--just what you want from a point.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Nash
    Billups
    Parker
    Paul
    Williams

YOU DUDES ARE STILL MAD TRIVIAL YO. See what you wrote 2 posts down, that pretty much sums it up.

You dudes aren't talking about legends here...you aren't talking about Stockton or Malone or Alonzo Mourning, who got better with age.

Kidd may or may not be getting better with age; I don't think he's declining, though.

He had microfracture surgery, which took him two years to recover from. Now, at 34 and in the midst of a nasty public divorce, he is third in the league in assists and has already put up eight triple-doubles this season (that's seven more than anybody else).

Nash
    Billups
    Parker
    Paul
    Williams

Kidd may or may not be getting better with age; I don't think he's declining, though.

He had microfracture surgery, which took him two years to recover from. Now, at 34 and in the midst of a nasty public divorce, he is third in the league in assists and has already put up eight triple-doubles this season (that's seven more than anybody else).

You see, he's good, I'm not fronting on that. But the part about winning something big in his last years in the league are questionable (his days are up).

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    You see, he's good, I'm not fronting on that. But the part about winning something big in his last years in the league are questionable (his days are up).

Like Kobe?

• to yuichi -
    My second poist summed nothing up about why you would leave iverson out of a list of top 5 pg's in the league. At 29 pts/8 asts/2 stls a game, he is the reason the Nuggets aren't losing by 10 and 20 points these last few games. He even plays good perimeter D. He is by no means the problem with our team right now. He is the only reason we're currently above .500.

Nash
    Billups
    Parker
    Paul
    Williams

He'll likely never get a chip now, but that's less his fault than the roster that surrounds him. If he were traded to the right team it could still happen.

You know the Lakers were trying to get him a few weeks ago, right?

• Like I said when the trade happened, Denver will stay an obscure basketball city a little longer.

That's a given. I don't think anybody was ever trying to deny that. Like I've said a million times, we've probably had more starting lineups this season than anybody in the league. They are still figuring out how to make all of the pieces fit, that clearly takes time. We will finish the season over .500, we will be in the playoffs, regardless.

And I missed your criteria for your 5 earlier. AI scores when it's necessary. He controls the offense as good as Miller did if not better (and he's only played 18 games with us). He is old, but he has been to the finals and he is the toughest 6 foot guard in the NBA, evar. I think he deserves his props, but to each his own.

• i haven't seen enough nba hoops this year to comment on chris paul or deron williams, but jason kidd is the real deal and getting older isn't AS detrimental to his game because athleticism has never been his strong(est) suit. Bottom line - he can see the floor like no other...aside from Magic and perhaps Stockton.

AI is not a real pg, but is better than every guy in that top 5 except for Nash.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

How do y'all rank Andre Miller? Baron Davis? It's hard to appraise AI as a point guard, you know what I mean.

Miller would be right below the top 5 or 6 in my opinion....I don't include A.I. or Baron in a discussion about "pure" point guards as they are both better scorers than distributors and usually think shoot first/pass second.

Kidd is a great point guard BUT he's the worst shooting superstar shorter than 6:6 in the history of the game.

Like Kobe?

And is Yuichi really mad at dude for talking championship, no matter how unrealistic?

What does he want Kidd to say? "I am resigned to a series of first-round exits"? That would be great for the morale of his team.

• PGs

1. Steve Nash
    2. Jason Kidd
    10 and below: everyone else

It really isn't even close. Kidd is a top 5 PG EVER, despite his horrid shooting. What are you guys even talking about?

Yuichi...y're crackin man. "Talk about legends" I'm tawmbout THE LEAGUE. It is interesting when a scrub like Austin Croshere gets 34 points. DEAL.

• How do y'all rank Andre Miller? Baron Davis? It's hard to appraise AI as a point guard, you know what I mean.

Miller would be right below the top 5 or 6 in my opinion....I don't include A.I. or Baron in a discussion about "pure" point guards as they are both better scorers than distributors and usually think shoot first/pass second.

cosign on miller, best post-up pg in the league! anyway, watch ai with denver, he distributes a lot more than he used to. usually to carmelo, but you know... he still manages to drop 29 a game though and that makes it seem to most like he isn't distributing. He just scores when it's necessary. I think his scoring average might go down once the team is set up properly.

Doug Christie & his wife are Clippers now. 10 Day Contract.

Not only is he "cut" but she carries them around in her purse!!!

I gotta give it to Christie. He's distinguished himself as THE most whipped athlete in major sports.

• Doug fuckin Christie. For shame.

I gotta give it to Christie.

Aspirations?

Josh Howard and Carmelo left off the All-Star squad....the West is that strong!!

• the cavs- heat game was pretty sick last night. i take back all the recent compliments i have given Lebron. he played like such a b*tch last night. Wade looked like Jordan on a great night in the 4th quarter. He took over and the Cavs couldn't stop him, even with a double team. It made up for the 12 turnovers he had....a franchise record.

• Josh Howard and Carmelo left off the All-Star squad....the West is Suns are[/b] that strong!!

• Wade was unstoppable in the 4th last night. I still wish he'd spend a little more time on his feet.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Suns > Spurs

DEAL WITH IT

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Suns > Spurs

DEAL WITH IT

I think Barkely was right when he said in the post-game show that the Spurs need to make a trade if they want to really compete with the Mavs and Suns right now.