NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I am loving these double headers on ABC

Suns!

Spurs dont look too hot

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    there had to be at least 20 heads rushing down the aisles trying to snap pics and/or talk to shaq everytime there was a time out or before the half. i heard this girl start panting for real, she let out an "ugghh" and said "i want him" repeatedly to her girl...i thought she was gonna faint. i don't think i've seen fans get more excited to see a player in person than they were for shaq last night.

Bizarre.

I suspect that this has more to do with the type of lames that are Shaq fans than with anything else.

Most of Shaq's fans are the bigger type, whether it's male or female.

They're obese?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    there had to be at least 20 heads rushing down the aisles trying to snap pics and/or talk to shaq everytime there was a time out or before the half. i heard this girl start panting for real, she let out an "ugghh" and said "i want him" repeatedly to her girl...i thought she was gonna faint. i don't think i've seen fans get more excited to see a player in person than they were for shaq last night.

Bizarre.

I suspect that this has more to do with the type of lames that are Shaq fans than with anything else.

They're obese?

Or close.

• Is nobody (on the broadcast) going to mention that 'shot' Manu took was CLEARLY intentional. Kobe revealing his always present spoiled little boy attitude as the game goes on (see also: his tongue-out, over the back look at Horry after getting away with a call). What a scumbag

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

Bizarre.

They're obese?

Or close.

Most Asians are "close" to being bad drivers!!

Can we get a SSStereotype graemlin please.

You're wack and racist.

• oh man that was great

Bizarre.

They're obese?

Or close.

Okay I'm still bothered by this. Yea, put a lil smiley mark after that!
    You're still a racist. Probably an obese Shaq fan too.

• there had to be at least 20 heads rushing down the aisles trying to snap pics and/or talk to shaq everytime there was a time out or before the half. i heard this girl start panting for real, she let out an "ugghh" and said "i want him" repeatedly to her girl...i thought she was gonna faint. i don't think i've seen fans get more excited to see a player in person than they were for shaq last night.

Bizarre.

They're obese?

Most of them were women, with a couple teen boys following along. I'd definitely say they were on the "bigger" side but not necessarily obese.

I kept thinking about this phenomenon during the game and I came to the conclusion that they were looking up to him as a father figure. Yes, that probably includes somewhat of physical attraction (as was made obvious by the one girl), but also his baller status (money to provide), and the fact that he's a giant. I dunno, I'm sure there is some science behind this, and in all practicality I do realize he is a successful NBA player so it's not so hard to believe, just interesting to witness that up close.

• Probably an obese Shaq fan too.

Bizarre.

They're obese?

Or close.

Cosign--Rockadelic sounds fat.

• Most of Shaq's fans are the bigger type, whether it's male or female.

Yet somehow the stupidest sentence ever typed gets a pass.

Suns are good. Give 'em the #1 power ranking for now. I acquiesce.

What? No smiley face??

Yes...I'm a fat Shaq fan.

And if my post alone makes me a racist, so be it.

I thought it was kinda funny.

Yet somehow the stupidest sentence ever typed gets a pass.

Irony 101

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Yuichi, I have no idea whether all of Shaq diesel's fans are obese or large. I saw someone wearing a Shaq jersey today and he did look beefy though. I saw a Miami Wade jersey this morning too.

Not a huge fan of the dude myself, but one of the best celebrity sightings I had in LA was on Westwood blvd (outside of where Warehouse used to be) and I saw Shaq give his number to a thick(er) blonde college girl and he said "Call Me" before he got back into his limo and was whisked away.

Yah, he's huge in person. Emilio Estevez is quite tiny in person, lol. Kim Gordon is old!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Hey Drewn, yo ass is next!!!!
    One week avartar bet?
    Aight, bet. Are we keeping the avatars NBA-related?

Any Avatar dog! Monday till Monday!

95[/b] 87[/b]

Cut and paste, baby, cut and PASTE:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/drewn/BATMONBet_av.jpg

Wear it proud, OK?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Hey Drewn, yo ass is next!!!!
    One week avartar bet?
    Aight, bet. Are we keeping the avatars NBA-related?

Any Avatar dog! Monday till Monday!

95[/b] 87[/b]

Cut and paste, baby, cut and PASTE:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/drewn/BATMONBet_av.jpg

Wear it proud, OK?

• Damn that was a good game though, Pacers could've had it in the 4th. Jermaine was starting to light it up in the 2nd half. Tinsley too. C-Webb is such a sloth, but he was gettin' it done last night. Rasheed with his 14th T of the season (he only had 17 all last year). McDyess was puttin' it down. I love watching east games.

• Yes...I'm a fat Shaq fan.

Who is gonna own up to having argued that Shaq is a better (more valuable) player than Kobe? I seriously doubt that anyone on here would dare to suggest this now, but I remember before the start of the '05-'06 season, more people (on here) were riding for Shaq, whenever there was a kobe v. shaq thread.

let's face facts. for someone with tremendous god-given athleticisim...shaq sucks.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Who is gonna own up to having argued that Shaq is a better (more valuable) player than Kobe? I seriously doubt that anyone on here would dare to suggest this now, but I remember before the start of the '05-'06 season, more people (on here) were riding for Shaq, whenever there was a kobe v. shaq thread.

let's face facts. for someone with tremendous god-given athleticisim...shaq sucks.

The main reason that argument sounds so ridiculous now is because Shaq has been lazy as HELL this season. Wade and Co. couldn't have won a championship last year without O'Neal, who was the centerpiece then and in L.A.

What has Kobe done (besides become a better teammate) since?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    let's face facts....shaq sucks.

You should stop posting in this thread - for real.

The main reason that argument sounds so ridiculous now is because Shaq has been lazy as HELL this season. Wade and Co. couldn't have won a championship last year without O'Neal, who was the centerpiece then and in L.A.

D-

• The main reason that argument sounds so ridiculous now is because Shaq has been lazy as HELL this season. Wade and Co. couldn't have won a championship last year without O'Neal, who was the centerpiece then and in L.A.

please. he took a backseat to Wade all season and particularly in the playoffs. what is ironic is that he left LA for the same reason. then, as soon as he gets to miami, he suddenly chooses to accept Wade as the go-to-guy. meanwhile, as good as Wade is...he still can't f*ck with Kobe (or Lebron!).

Shaq is a joke. i dont understand how he still has fans. do you guys realize how big this dude is???? the fact that he has not even been in contention for MVP in years is a disgrace. his free-throw shooting still sucks. he's never in shape. he is consumed with all these bullshit distractions, like being a cop...which he also sucks at. meanwhile, the Heat area probably better off with Mourning. Compare those two guys. Complete opposites. Shaq would go on the IR with a case of the shits and Mourning plays with a single kidney and bum knees.

• let's face facts....shaq sucks.

You should stop posting in this thread - for real.

Anyone who would choose to build a team around the 28 year old Kobe over the 28 year old Shaq is an idiot and a hoops ignoramous.

I mentioned Shaq hatters here the other day and folks denied it.....

But seriously....why do y'all HATE this guy??

please. he took a backseat to Wade all season and particularly in the playoffs. what is ironic is that he left LA for the same reason. then, as soon as he gets to miami, he suddenly chooses to accept Wade as the go-to-guy. meanwhile, as good as Wade is...he still can't f*ck with Kobe (or Lebron!).

Shaq is a joke. i dont understand how he still has fans. do you guys realize how big this dude is???? the fact that he has not even been in contention for MVP in years is a disgrace. his free-throw shooting still sucks. he's never in shape. he is consumed with all these bullshit distractions, like being a cop...which he also sucks at. meanwhile, the Heat area probably better off with Mourning. Compare those two guys. Complete opposites. Shaq would go on the IR with a case of the shits and Mourning plays with a single kidney and bum knees.

OK...'splain this to me......Wade is not as good as Kobe & Lebron....and Shaq is a "joke"......so how the fuck did Miami win the title last year??? Gary Payton??
    Jason Williams??

You think a team of Kobe, Jason Williams, Zo, Gary Payton and the rest of the Miami team sans Shaq & Wade win the title??

If so, PLEASE send me some of what you're smoking.

• I always loved Shaq, ever since he was tearing down goal posts with the Magic. How could you not like this guy? Because he put in over a decade of work and he's starting to slow down? Man, never that! How many rings again? 4?

• I always loved Shaq, ever since he was tearing down goal posts with the Magic. How could you not like this guy? Because he put in over a decade of work and he's starting to slow down? Man, never that! How many rings again? 4?

he is an under-achiever. if you've never seen the dude in person, then you probably don't get it. trust me, he is a monster...even compared to the other big dudes in the nba. now add the fact that he is a sick athlete into the mix and u should start to see my point. i will never be a shaq fan because i know how hard all these other dudes have to work to be the best. you think Nash/Kobe/Wade ever took a summer off? please. I respect the big men who put in work (like Hakeem, Duncan, Ewing and Zo), but imo, Shaq has been coasting for years.

as far as whether he makes his team better. of course he does, i was being sarcastic when i said they were better of with 'Zo. however, that doesnt mean he isn't a disgrace.

to whoever it is that keeps telling me not to post. my knowledge about hoops comes from actually playing...not sitting around watching sportcenter and eating fritos.

my knowledge about hoops comes from actually playing...not sitting around watching sportcenter and eating fritos.[/b]

^^^^^Let these obese Shaq fans know, son!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    my knowledge about hoops comes from actually playing...not sitting around watching sportcenter and eating fritos.[/b]
    /archaic