NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    The shit that Malone used to do that drove me absolutely nuts was, when his defender reached an arm out, he'd swing his arms under the defender's arm, then go up for the shot, drawing the foul call. I guess it's a slick way of pinning fouls on your defender and making him keep his arms away, but still...it's so fucking chintzy.

All true, but Malone + Stockton were all about the leg fouls. As devastating as an illegal Malone elbow was, a Malone or Stockton mid-air knee or scissor-kick to the groin could drop a man cold. This seemingly happened about every other game.

Yeah, that too. One of my favorites was years ago when SI ran this long (and very good) article about the screen roll. Naturally, they used Stockton and Malone as examples a lot, and showed a photo sequence of how they ran a screen roll. In the picture of Malone setting the screen, he's stepping on the foot of the guy he's screening. Now that's how you prevent somebody from getting over the top of a pick!

• So wait, the Championship Nuggets lost to Charlotte last night?

I guess KG was salty about missing the last game vs. the Suns. Dood went off last night.

• You gotta admit that was real bitch-like. He's slow and generally sucks. Kinda like my game right now.

it wasn't bitchmade, Kobe was just invading Raja's space, don't do it

Not a single media outlet showed a replay of Kobe absolutely DRILLING Raja Bell in the face with an elbow on the play before Raja's clothesline.

enough about raja bell. he is at best an average nba player. the fact that he is shooting 3's at a high percentage is meaningless. pheonix is a great team and bell is usually the weakest link on the floor...so he gets open looks. there are centers in the nba who could shoot 40% if they were left open. i saw Bell play dozens of times when he was a sixer and cringed everytime he got the ball. he had a good playoff run in 2001, that is the only reason he got picked up.

• So wait, the Championship Nuggets lost to Charlotte last night?

At home no less.

tripledouble is right though, Iverson was pretty unstoppable last night. We do pretty good for not knowing fundamental defense. I can't believe we lost that shit.

We're the best team in the league that can't beat anybody right now. we have players in the top 5 in scoring (2), steals, rebounds, and blocks right now. CAN I GET SOME WINS PLAESE??

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

I guess KG was salty about missing the last game vs. the Suns. Dood went off last night.

I was super crying last night, got to meet Alektra Blue so I felt better immediately, lol

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    there are centers in the nba who could shoot 40% if they were left open.

O RLY? Like who? That has to be a joke.

• dirk

dirk

Power forward. What else you got?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Best 3 Pt Shooting Center in the NBA is Mehmet Okur 37%

• okur, al harrington plays center now, troy murphy, raef lafraentz, brad miller, and those other slow white centers.

Harrington plays F/C and is shooting 48%....quite impressive

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I just want to the Jazz/Malone/Stockton hattering

and would love to applaud Dennis Rodman for taking him on and exposing his crap getting in his head throughout both series

those were the days...

on further review, he might have been attempting to swat Ginobili's arm away from his head.

"you reach, i teach."

As of today more like....Bullshit, you sit.

Kobe suspended for 1 game!!!

• on further review, he might have been attempting to swat Ginobili's arm away from his head.

"you reach, i teach."

As of today more like....Bullshit, you sit.

Kobe suspended for 1 game!!!

JUSTICE!

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    okur, al harrington plays center now, troy murphy, raef lafraentz, brad miller, and those other slow white centers.

Harrington is playing power forward for the Warriors. No more center.

Damn, how did I miss this? I just thought the show was on temporary hiatus. The end of a unique era in sports journalism...

Posted on Sat, Jan. 13, 2007

Smith's 'Quite Frankly' is canceled by ESPN[/b]

By Gail Shister
    INQUIRER TV COLUMNIST

ESPN yesterday pulled the plug on Stephen A. Smith's weeknight interview show, Quite Frankly.

Its finale was last night. Smith, an Inquirer sportswriter since 1994, launched Frankly in August 2005. His high-decibel delivery earned him the nickname, "Screamin' A. Smith."

Frankly ran at 6:30 weeknights, moving to 11 p.m. in January 2006. Its cancellation was not a surprise - the show never drew big ratings.

Smith's presence will be expanded across numerous platforms, the network announced yesterday.

To wit: He'll be featured more regularly on SportsCenter, NBA studio programming, and on ESPNEWS, as well as host four TV interview specials surrounding big events.

In addition, "opportunities" with ESPN the Magazine and ESPN.com columns "will be explored," the network said.

"Stephen A. connects with fans because he brings great energy, knowledge and strong opinions," Norby Williamson, ESPN's executive in charge of remote and studio production, said in a statement.

"While Quite Frankly delivered strong interviews and discussion, this new role will provide a better showcase for Stephen A.'s impactful voice to be heard across numerous forms of ESPN media."

"Yes, it's true, and I support ESPN's decision," Smith said. "Doing a brand new show on ESPN2 was a tremendous challenge and I'm proud of what we accomplished.

"I've learned a great deal. I've also learned there's limits to what I can withstand in regards to my schedule. Now I move on to future challenges - while enthusiastically embracing old ones like writing for The Inquirer on a more frequent basis. This is not an end for me. This is just the beginning. I'm just getting started."

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I heard somewhere, (maybe on this board) that ratings were low. Still one of the best in the business though.

Local talk show ran this out today......

Would Laker fans make this trade.....

Kobe for Pau Gasol, Mike Miller and the #1 pick which at this point would be Oden/Durant??

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts

Kobe for Pau Gasol, Mike Miller and the #1 pick which at this point would be Oden/Durant??

No, that sounds like a retarded proposal.

hahahahahhahahahaha.

Stupid trade. Gasol is not a franchise type player, although you could say he's close. A star player definately. Kobe is a superstar however.

• Stupid trade. Gasol is not a franchise type player, although you could say he's close. A star player definately. Kobe is a superstar however.

and w/o him they get beat up @ the world's most famous...

Stupid trade. Gasol is not a franchise type player, although you could say he's close. A star player definately. Kobe is a superstar however.

and w/o him they get beat up @ the world's most famous...

David lee really is the catalyst for that team man. They got some nice pieces for sure. I'm sure a good coach can take that team easily above 500.

• David lee really is the catalyst for that team man. They got some nice pieces for sure. I'm sure a good coach can take that team easily above 500.

like Larry Brown? just playing...I gotta give Zeke credit for giving the team a new attitude and demanding a presence outta Curry. will he be the one who leads them back to respectability though?

David lee really is the catalyst for that team man. They got some nice pieces for sure. I'm sure a good coach can take that team easily above 500.

like Larry Brown? just playing...I gotta give Zeke credit for giving the team a new attitude and demanding a presence outta Curry. will he be the one who leads them back to respectability though?

only time will tell. but hey, I wouldn't mind seeing NY as an eastcoast powerhouse, and butting heads with LA in a new rivalry or something.

If I'm the Lakers I do this trade in a NY second.....the key is the draft pick.....the consensus among hoops experts is that Oden is a can't miss big man that only comes around every 10-15 years and that he will be a Superstar.

I think a team 2-3 years from now of Miller, Gasol, Odom and Oden has a better shot and making a run for the title than anything they are going to be able to put around Kobe.

• Stupid trade. Gasol is not a franchise type player, although you could say he's close. A star player definately. Kobe is a superstar however.

If I'm the Lakers I do this trade in a NY second.....the key is the draft pick.....the consensus among hoops experts is that Oden is a can't miss big man that only comes around every 10-15 years and that he will be a Superstar.

I think a team 2-3 years from now of Miller, Gasol, Odom and Oden has a better shot and making a run for the title than anything they are going to be able to put around Kobe.

You're on to something. And here's another X-factor: Kevin Durant is SICK too. I'm interested to see if UT can pull off a Syracues-like run in the tourney this year because Durant is every bit as good as frosh Carmelo. No bias here either, I can't stand UT athletics.

I've just read though that Oden is leaning towards staying in school.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I think Kobe would committ suicide if he got traded to Memphis. I don't think the Lakers would ever trade him unless he demanded it.

Anyway, I came here for some fantasy advice. I have one of those days where everyone on my 13-man roster is playing but I can only suit up 10 dudes. I got Carlos Boozer on the mend but I still have to sit two of the following:

--AK47
    --Rasheed Wallace
    --Al Harrington
    --Juwan Howard

Right now I have Kirilenko and Howard on the bench. How would you play it?

• There has been an Austin Croshere sighting. 34 points? 7 3pts? WTF?!?!