NBA 2006-2007.......IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    my knowledge about hoops comes from actually playing...not sitting around watching sportcenter and eating fritos.[/b]
    /archaic

No, that would actually read:

My knowledge about hoops comes from time spent eating granola inside a spaceship... not sitting around watching sportcenter and eating fritos.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    thats what us real schitt basketball-message board heads call an 'alley oop' zing

• I always loved Shaq, ever since he was tearing down goal posts with the Magic. How could you not like this guy? Because he put in over a decade of work and he's starting to slow down? Man, never that! How many rings again? 4?

he is an under-achiever. if you've never seen the dude in person, then you probably don't get it. trust me, he is a monster...even compared to the other big dudes in the nba. now add the fact that he is a sick athlete into the mix and u should start to see my point. i will never be a shaq fan because i know how hard all these other dudes have to work to be the best. you think Nash/Kobe/Wade ever took a summer off? please. I respect the big men who put in work (like Hakeem, Duncan, Ewing and Zo), but imo, Shaq has been coasting for years.

as far as whether he makes his team better. of course he does, i was being sarcastic when i said they were better of with 'Zo. however, that doesnt mean he isn't a disgrace.

to whoever it is that keeps telling me not to post. my knowledge about hoops comes from actually playing...not sitting around watching sportcenter and eating fritos.

So, this disgraceful underachieving NBA superstar-slash-4-time-world-champion needs to do what to prove his relevence to you? Lose 200 pounds and start playing guard as good as Michael Jordan? Maybe I just don't get it because I'm not playing 3-on-3 pick up games and studying basketball science on the court 292 days a year, but I have seen Shaq play in person (as far back as his rookie year, in fact) and he has rarely been anything but impressive. To call a guy like that a disgrace and an under-achiever is just 150% pure vermont maple hetteurism. Sorry man.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Anyone who would choose to build a team around the 28 year old Kobe over the 28 year old Shaq is an idiot and a hoops ignoramous.

I agree, and I'd take Shaq at his peak over Kobe at his peak any day. But I think a big part of the Kobe vs. Shaq argument from back when Shaq joined the Heat was that Shaq was clearly on the decline, whereas Kobe was/is in his prime.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    if you've never seen the dude in person, then you probably don't get it. trust me, he is a monster...even compared to the other big dudes in the nba.

I first saw Shaq play when he was at San Antonio Cole H.S. which is a small 2A school. He was guarded by a kid that was 6:1 and there was no question that Shaq could have scored everytime down the court. But he didn't, he passed, set picks and threw court long outlet passes. His team looked like they were enjoying themselves and of course they won.

Shaq is(imo) the most affable, well grounded athlete in the sports world today. He doesn't take himself too serious and he likes to enjoy his life. And he can do this knowing he has 4 rings, and that he went to Miami just to show he could win a ring w/o Kobe, and he did it.

What the hell else do you want from the guy??

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Can anybody name a Hall Of Fame player who sucks. I just dont fuckin get the logic.
    Do any of the TOP 50 NBA all timers really "SUCK"? I just dont get where somebody who watches Basketball would have the gall to make a statement like that.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    if you've never seen the dude in person, then you probably don't get it. trust me, he is a monster...even compared to the other big dudes in the nba.

I first saw Shaq play when he was at San Antonio Cole H.S. which is a small 2A school. He was guarded by a kid that was 6:1 and there was no question that Shaq could have scored everytime down the court. But he didn't, he passed, set picks and threw court long outlet passes. His team looked like they were enjoying themselves and of course they won.

Shaq is(imo) the most affable, well grounded athlete in the sports world today. He doesn't take himself too serious and he likes to enjoy his life. And he can do this knowing he has 4 rings, and that he went to Miami just to show he could win a ring w/o Kobe, and he did it.

What the hell else do you want from the guy??

C-

The second paragraph is a question mark. Please dissect and include factual evidence only. Please resubmit by Friday.

• So, this disgraceful underachieving NBA superstar-slash-4-time-world-champion needs to do what to prove his relevence to you? Lose 200 pounds and start playing guard as good as Michael Jordan? Maybe I just don't get it because I'm not playing 3-on-3 pick up games and studying basketball science on the court 292 days a year, but I have seen Shaq play in person (as far back as his rookie year, in fact) and he has rarely been anything but impressive. To call a guy like that a disgrace and an under-achiever is just 150% pure vermont maple hetteurism. Sorry man.

shaq is impressive because he is a freak of nature. there are probably a handful of people in the world (if that) who can match his size and strength. nobody is in awe of shaq because of his low post moves, shooting form or defensive skills. when he dominates, its cause he's half-man/half-monster. that's it. i'm not suggesting that he needs to have game like Kobe or Wade in order to be appreciated, but who knows how good Shaq could be, the dude hasn't worked on his game in years. he's out making shitty commercials and f*cking up police busts.

how do you root for this guy? its like cheering for the kid who was shaving at age 11 after he pummels some poor sixth grader who is half his size.

Can anybody name a Hall Of Fame player who sucks. I just dont fuckin get the logic.
    Do any of the TOP 50 NBA all timers really "SUCK"? I just dont get where somebody who watches Basketball would have the gall to make a statement like that.

YOU ALL SOUND OBESE

I can name a couple that shouldn't be included and a couple that were left out...

Let's start with Scottie Pippen - Out and Dennis Rodman - In

YOU ALL SOUND OBESE

YOU ALL SOUND OBESE

I've read that you can be Obese and Hip-Hop at the same time!!!

Is this true??

I can name a couple that shouldn't be included and a couple that were left out...

Out or In, they dont suck.

Agreed

YOU ALL SOUND OBESE

Is this true??

YOU ALL SOUND OBESE

Is this true??

DAMN!!! I got that same shirt!!!

• Can anybody name a Hall Of Fame player who sucks. I just dont fuckin get the logic.

was that a serious question? i thought you were being facetious. everything is relative. does any player in the nba suck? of course not. i mean, what is your definition of sucking??? are we really having this debate??

considering shaq's physical attributes, he sucks. if pippen was born with shaq's body....

was that a serious question? i thought you were being facetious. everything is relative. does any player in the nba suck? of course not.

• Seemingly Shaq at time seems to "coast" or "loaf" but unless any of you/us are 7'3" tall and 350lbs, maybe we shouldn't specualte on the type of toll that takes on one's body.

I saw Shaq's array of low post moves and passes in his prime. Dood never even came close to "sucking" even given the amazing physical gifts he possesses.

Sounding obese,

Gene

I can tell you who sucks.......Raja Bell!

Actually, he's aiite in my book, I just hate him!

Average speed, only good for set shots, but a fiesty defender and one that plays for the good of the team.

Seemingly Shaq at time seems to "coast" or "loaf" but unless any of you/us are 7'3" tall and 350lbs, maybe we shouldn't specualte on the type of toll that takes on one's body.

Sure GP...but look at all the 7:3 350lber's who did so much more with their talents and size than Shaq did!!

Georghe Muresan could at least hit a free throw!!

does any player in the nba suck? of course not.
    i mean, what is your definition of sucking??? considering shaq's physical attributes, he sucks.

Seemingly Shaq at time seems to "coast" or "loaf" but unless any of you/us are 7'3" tall and 350lbs, maybe we shouldn't specualte on the type of toll that takes on one's body.

Sure GP...but look at all the 7:3 350lber's who did so much more with their talents and size than Shaq did!!

Georghe Muresan could at least hit a free throw!!

Shaq wouldn't stand a chance against Muresan in his hey day.

• File Under: Players that suck (as human beings)

yes, I'm mad doggie

• i think you are giving kobe too much credit. for him to shoot a jumpshot and simultaneously give ginobli an intentional slap to the face...that sounds like a scene out of the Illusionist.

you are confusing this innocent play with Christian Laettner's infamous chest-stomping incident.

• dude just look at the way his arm whips around as soon as he gets blocked. also, it doesn't seem like that much of a stretch for a world class athlete to pull this particular manuver off intentionally.

• on further review, he might have been attempting to swat Ginobili's arm away from his head.

"you reach, i teach."

• it actually reminds me of the dirty shit malone used to do after a rebound, twisting around with his elbows out (specifically when viciously clocked robinson in the jaw), except here there was no legitimate reason for Kobe to bring his arm down like that except to inflict damage on Manu as retribution for taking away Kobe's chance to look like a hero, something Kobe always strives to achieve, but he can never actually BE a hero, he can only resemble one.

He was frustrated and instinctively took a swipe to get some space. It's called invasion of personal space, don't do it.

naw, but i felt bad for Ginobilli afterwards. by the way, Manu ain't the same Manu I knew 2 years ago when he was SCORCHING the Lakers. What happened?

• it actually reminds me of the dirty shit malone used to do after a rebound, twisting around with his elbows out (specifically when viciously clocked robinson in the jaw), except here there was no legitimate reason for Kobe to bring his arm down like that except to inflict damage on Manu as retribution for taking away Kobe's chance to look like a hero, something Kobe always strives to achieve, but he can never actually BE a hero, he can only resemble one.

i think you are reading in way too much pre-meditation. kobe was looking at the hoop, not at ginobli. if he would have made the shot and swiped ginobli's arm away at the same time (instead of clocking him in the grill); a) i dont think kobe would have been hit with a foul, and b) people would be talking about that play for years.

kobe has been the hero in countless games. what are you talking about?