NBA PLAYOFFS '05-'06 What'sGood BATCHEZ

Comments

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    half those pictures look like some random girl asked to have her pic taken and then this site is calling em their girlfriend/wife

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    half those pictures look like some random girl asked to have her pic taken and then this site is calling em their girlfriend/wife

Yeah, but some of 'em are legit.

Anyway, how about the epic craziness that is Doug Christie's wife? How about the epic sacklessness that is Doug Christie?

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts

Anyway, how about the epic craziness that is Doug Christie's wife? How about the epic sacklessness that is Doug Christie?

The definition of

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    KG's shorty...FEELIN' IT!

The definition of

Seriously. Well all those stories about him and his wife came out a few years back, I thought he'd be immediately laughed out of the league and into the WNBA. Somehow, he's managed to stick around. Kinda crazy.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Ol' Charles Barkley was pretty hot last night about it. Talking about how the league needs to review the entire thing and make some changes... blah blah blah...

Blahblahblah is right... fuck that fat sack of shit.

Charles at halftime: "Whoever win this game gon' win da series"

Charles after the Mavs win: "This series isn't over. All the Spurs have to do is win Game 6 at Dallas"

fuck that dood for real. He's hated on us for years and he don't like havin to eat shit.

did you catch lebron postgame last night?

"we don't listen to nobody. We don't listen to Charles Barkley, of course, ever. EVER."

Ol' Charles Barkley was pretty hot last night about it. Talking about how the league needs to review the entire thing and make some changes... blah blah blah...

Charles after the Mavs win: "This series isn't over. All the Spurs have to do is win Game 6 at Dallas"

fuck that dood for real. He's hated on us for years and he don't like havin to eat shit.

did you catch lebron postgame last night?

"we don't listen to nobody. We don't listen to Charles Barkley, of course, ever. EVER."

Yes. As Rome would say "CLLLAAAHHHHSSSIICCCC"

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

DAMN, the pics showed up as red Xs when I tried to post them on here...anyway here is a whole thread's worth of fun:
    NBA Players and their Wives

Bookmark.

Paul Pierce

it has been pretty abhorrent to me but what to I know

The obvious difference between these playoffs and past are the late calls ....the unwritten rule has always been "let the players decide the outcome in the 4th quarter" .....rarely did star players foul out (yes,Ginobili is a star) ....touch fouls and offensive fouls are almost never called in the 4th quarter and i cant remember the last time i've seen a foul called on the last posession in regulation (dudes dont even get that call in the regular season)

that call on Bowen was bullshit and that call on Duncan was bullshit ...but more important was the timing of those calls ....

again...Dallas deserved the victory....the Spurs look like shit ....but dont deny things have been ridiculous this year

it has been pretty abhorrent to me but what to I know

The obvious difference between these playoffs and past are the late calls ....the unwritten rule has always been "let the players decide the outcome in the 4th quarter" .....rarely did star players foul out (yes,Ginobili is a star) ....touch fouls and offensive fouls are almost never called in the 4th quarter and i cant remember the last time i've seen a foul called on the last posession in regulation (dudes dont even get that call in the regular season)

that call on Bowen was bullshit and that call on Duncan was bullshit ...but more important was the timing of those calls ....

again...Dallas deserved the victory....the Spurs look like shit ....but dont deny things have been ridiculous this year

Broken record. I ain't lettin y'all ruin this buzz.

Again, the Mavs have been playoff also-rans every year of the Cuban era, and I whined and whined about calls while the Mavs would jump shoot themselves out of another playoff series. As Mavs fans, we were always told that we didn't get calls because we weren't agressive enough at either end of the court. Well, the Mavs reconstructed their whole team, brought in a new coach, and completely changed their culture in 18 months. They are athletic, aggressive, mentally tough warriors. If this style of play leads to the Mavs finally getting the benefit of a few calls, so be it. Change is always distressing for fans of the Status Quo.

And Ed, the call that Manu fouled out on is EXACTLY the same as a play in the 3rd he pulled on Josh Howard. Manu gets the ball on the wing and purposefully runs in front of a streaking Josh, causing minimal contact. Whistle. Once Manu bit on JET's head fake, it was over for him. JET was either gonna get a deuce or draw a foul. Give JET credit, he got the contact on a scrambling Manu, got two points for his team and served to foul out a critical piece of the opponents' team. So, props to you JET, great play. Sucks for you, Manu.

But, I won't deny that officiating has been poor this year, IN EVERY SERIES ON BOTH SIDES. C'mon though...shit didn't happen overnight...it's BEEN bad.

It's crazy, this Mavs ascension is really shaking people's foundations. They don't like it and they don't want to believe in it, so they try to discredit it.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    lol I think you are overestimating how much people hate on the Mavs... it's starting to be

I actually want the mavs to win... geez...

Dear God,

Plaese let The Spurs win ...

Amen

lol I think you are overestimating how much people hate on the Mavs... it's starting to be

I actually want the mavs to win... geez...

Haha. All my posts are usually

Hey JP, I'm using this thread/board to talk about the series, because there aren't really any good B-Ball boards that aren't overrun w/ the worst aspects of sports culture and also teenagers. I appreciate the discussion, believe me, and I'm sorry if my posts do not reflect that. When I say "you all" or "they" or "people", I'm not referring to specific posters here, (cept for maybe Ed) but the "basketball commentating world at large". Sayin, this is the only place I can have a semi-intelligent discussion.

Maybe I do overstate the anti-Mavs sentiment, but the Mavs have historically been a whipping boy for the "team that can't get over the hump" for a minute now and have been poked fun at accordingly. Keep in mind too man, I live in Austin, which kinda grafts itself onto S.A. as far as the Spurs go, so I get a lot of grief from co-workers, radio talking heads, etc.

I live in Austin

this explains everything

overrun w/ the worst aspects of sports culture and also teenagers

It's funny because it's true!

I live in Austin

this explains everything

Haha! Not sure how offended I should be here...

Seriously, thanks for tolerating my logorrhea. At the very least, I hope it holds some sort of "trainwreck" appeal for you all.

Dear God,

Amen

Need to brush up on my PhotoShop skills, cos I do have a pic of EdPowers.......

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    yuichi, do you see this playoffs as being markedly worse than previous ones when it comes to officiating? Ol' Charles Barkley was pretty hot last night about it. Talking about how the league needs to review the entire thing and make some changes... blah blah blah... it has been pretty abhorrent to me but what to I know

i think every post-season it's the same. officials don't like blowing the whistle every 5 seconds cuz it disrupts the game, and ofcourse the players are actually playing now, which means they're prone to be more physical (WORK IT). I was actually watching the Suns/Lakers closely, and the one game Joey Crawford called, he was CONSISTENT with the hand-checking and reaching by the Suns. 'Course he's a veteran and one of the more amicable refs to ever call the game. That's all that's asked for.

that said, Barkley is an idiot sometimes. I swear some of these local LA broadcasters are a lot more savvy and observant than him. But maybe reviewing some of these games that certain refs call, is a good idea.

hey maybe it's the dynamic of the game that's changed as well. From throwing it into the low-post as opposed to swinging it around the court, and watching 3 players simultaneously move towards the basket. It's much easier to call games, (i would assume) if say a Shaq were posting up Duncan. You just need to basically watch 2 players in action.

Dear God,

Amen

Need to brush up on my PhotoShop skills, cos I do have a pic of EdPowers.......

damn

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    i'm not sure whether this is a basketball player or an American Idol.

"the woman Michael Jordan cheated on his wife for". this can't be real, otherwise it is how you say,

• 16_beat16_beat 56 Posts
    this isnt playoff related but what about

dude is a total fraud and his act has worn thin. if he gets bought out (or rather told to get the fuck out) for the second time in less than one calendar year it'll be his (well-compensated) come-uppance. he couldn't win gold with lebron, amare, wade, duncan, iverson, and everyone in the media blamed it on the selection committee. new york's roster isnt perfect but it's nowhere close to a 23 team either; everyone in the media blames that on isiah. detroit won in spite of him and not because of him and the players openly criticized him during a playoff run. he was heralded as a better teacher than a coach - that's why the detroit job allegedly wasn't stimulating enough for him and he needed a team to mold in his image. well we know that's all bullshit because he got exactly that and broke them down without lifting a finger to build them back up. when is the basketball establishment finally going to see through this guy?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I wouldn't say the NY squad was a team he could mold in his image at all, if anyone needs to be bought out or given walking papers its the Dolan-Zeke monster

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I wouldn't say the NY squad was a team he could mold in his image at all, if anyone needs to be bought out or given walking papers its the Dolan-Zeke monster

I'd like to see them MAKE Isaiah coach that team for the next 3 years....as punishment for the Francis trade alone.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    As far as the Mavericks go....I've been watching San Antone get the "good calls" for the last 5 years as the Mav's and Dirk got very little respect from the refs, Sir Charles OR the rest of the NBA.

Now they get some calls their way, capitalize on them, and should be minimalized or even apologize for it.

HELLLLLLLLLL NO!!!

This is our year Batches.

Deal with it!!

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

Ditto! Thomas just kept on adding players with nothing going for them except BIG contracts.

Heard rumors of Brown to coach Kings....prior to that Nellie was mentioned.

Why would any team fuck w/ Brown right now? It's comical really.

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
    anyone else watching this clips/suns game right now!?! a number of dumb and incredible plays by both teams down the stretch - A REAL DOUBLE OT THRILLJAM!!!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    anyone else watching this clips/suns game right now!?! a number of dumb and incredible plays by both teams down the stretch - A REAL DOUBLE OT THRILLJAM!!!

Indeed, I was cringing during all the errors. Raja throwing down a 3 saved the Suns. Marion's play really shown through, the dude is still tippin' (all the baskets).

Onto game 6, batches!

from Dallasbasketball.com......

"Meanwhile, we look up, and as the main Dallas star each game changes, we still see Dirk - in spite of being a focal point for the Spurs from Game 1 and for every moment since - impacting every game in an huge way. His numbers have been strong in every game. In addition, there is an even bigger fact: Popovich, answering another question I posed after Game 4 (in an otherwise quiet presser) that he would prefer to put more rebounders in the game - but he can't, because Dirk and his unique ability forces them to go small. That is impacting a game, when the opponent can't even play the lineup they want, because of what a player will do against that preferred lineup. Dirk's presence, noted Pop, is the overriding factor forcing him to play a lineup that he knows is not able to rebound well enough to break even - yet it's the best chance to slow Dirk, so he feels powerless to do otherwise. That's a superstar impact - an MVP impact, even. "