NBA PLAYOFFS '05-'06 What'sGood BATCHEZ

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Is anybody else feeling a little bit unfulfilled tonight?

A day without games is like a day without music.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

honestly, i feel like its a nice rest. 3 hours per night dedicated to bball watching for the past couple weeks has put a strain on my girl, my eyes, and my outside-of-work activities.

with that said, i can't wait for tomorrow night at the staples center.

anybody know why detroit vs cleve & spurs vs mavs get so much time off between games 2 and 3?

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts

anybody know why detroit vs cleve & spurs vs mavs get so much time off between games 2 and 3?

Whatever specifics there are, I'm sure what's best for ABC is the impetus.

That's what's up.

That's what's up.

sigh
    friday game 3 holla!

Friday, May 12, 2006

Robinson suspended for violating league's drug policy

NEW YORK -- Another violation of the NBA's drug policy will prevent Clifford Robinson from playing in the remainder of the New Jersey Nets' playoff series against the Miami Heat.

The league announced on Friday that the veteran forward has been suspended five games for violating the terms of the anti-drug program.

The suspension will begin with Game 3 of the Eastern Conference semifinal series between the Nets and Heat. The best-of-seven series is tied at one game apiece.

Gimme some mo': http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2006/news/story?id=2442732

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Friday, May 12, 2006

NEW YORK -- Another violation of the NBA's drug policy will prevent Clifford Robinson from playing in the remainder of the New Jersey Nets' playoff series against the Miami Heat.

That is not a good sign. The Nets arent that deep as it is.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Friday, May 12, 2006

The league announced on Friday that the veteran forward has been suspended five games for violating the terms of the anti-drug program.

The suspension will begin with Game 3 of the Eastern Conference semifinal series between the Nets and Heat. The best-of-seven series is tied at one game apiece.

Gimme some mo': http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2006/news/story?id=2442732

hahahahhaa. definitely not a good look when it's the playoffs.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    hahahahaha what happened he smoked a blunt???

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

It's a league conspiracy--why they didn't do Steve Nash like this? I know he gets high.

did the off-season, mighty mouse hook him up???

It's a league conspiracy--why they didn't do Steve Nash like this? I know he gets high.

i knew it! he always drives into the lane lookin' like he's half-drunk!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I'm sure it's for his chronic back-pain.

Seriously, though, one dude being singled out during the playoffs does look a lot like a league conspiracy. I mean, is there anybody in the League that doesn't smoke (other than maybe Shane Battier)?

I'm sure it's for his chronic back-pain.

Seriously, though, one dude being singled out during the playoffs does look a lot like a league conspiracy. I mean, is there anybody in the League that doesn't smoke (other than maybe Shane Battier)?

hahahahahahahaha. yo what about AC Green?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Gene ![/b]

i like the Spurs ....

Shall we dance ?

come on Gene ....i'm offering you revenge ......but

if i win ....I WILL WORK YOUR AVATAR SON ! .......man or mouse ?

The Pistons are the most goddamn boring team in the history of sports

• Tuff_GongTuff_Gong 627 Posts

I guess, if you're not a fan of theirs. As a Pistons fan though I don't find it boring that they win and win. That, and I like teams that actually play defense. All I know is it's looking damn good for the Pistons to make it to the finals for the third year straight.

I mean, I know watching the Pistons play team basketball isn't as exciting as watching one egomaniacal ballhog and 4 scrubs.

• _JULIUS__JULIUS_ 76 Posts

Maybe not in the history of sports, but they are boring, I agree. And it's the same thing with the Spurs. The problem is that there is a good chance to witness a Spurs-Pistons series for the second straight year...

Cm'on Ed, HOMMIE!!!

Clearly, the SPURS are the soozefest; the "warm glass of milk" or "ribs" of the NBA!!!

Corny, AT BEST.

Cm'on Ed, HOMMIE!!!

Clearly, the SPURS are the soozefest; the "warm glass of milk" or "ribs" of the NBA!!!

Corny, AT BEST.

This years Pistons have a better bench than last years team + Saunders lets them freestyle a little more.

I think the Heat/Pistons iz gonna be some classic old school EASTCOAST defense grind em up shit.

I prefer watching that then the Phoenix(let 'em have the layup)Defense.

Gene ![/b]

i like the Spurs ....

Shall we dance ?

come on Gene ....i'm offering you revenge ......but

if i win ....I WILL WORK YOUR AVATAR SON ! .......man or mouse ?

What's up Ed?

Were you not hugged enough as a child?

Perhaps we need to take it to the OCTAGON?

I mean, f'reals, you chillin on the West Coast and want to rep the Spurs?

You wanna test my gangster?

Alright. I can't help it if you saw both of the first games and your silly enough to still wanna ride the ol' ass Spurs. It's on bro. Mavs in 6. Same deal as before. One week.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Did I hear Charles Barkley say the other night that he would have voted for Dirk for MVP???

Did I hear Charles Barkley say the other night that he would have voted for Dirk for MVP???

Yeah, him and Kenny the Jet both selected Dirk as their MVP when they did an awards deal on the last Thursday Night broadcast of the regular season (Phoenix/Dallas).

It seems there are so many definitions for the MVP criteria, and I think a lot of these ego-driven writers love to vote based on their interpretation of what MVP means. I just felt that the baseline judgement was "best player w/ best mix of stats on a top-notch, championship-contending team." That's how it seems to have been. And Dirk really is the choice if that is how you look at it. But obviously that's all up for discussion so it's cool. Dirk will get props if the Mavs get a ring or even just make it to the NBA Finals.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I mean, is there anybody in the League that doesn't smoke (other than maybe Shane Battier)?

ahahahhahahahahaha!

Dirk will get props if the Mavs get a ring or even just make it to the NBA Finals.

If Dallas get a ring, then that should definitely hush the hatters.

Dallas vs. Detroit.

Dirk will get props if the Mavs get a ring or even just make it to the NBA Finals.

If Dallas get a ring, then that should definitely hush the hatters.

Dallas vs. Detroit.

I think that's the matchup NBA fans should be rooting for. Dallas really is the only team that has a slight chance to give the Pistons a run for the money. Dallas matches up okay w/ Detroit at every position.

Pistons want the Spurs baaaad, and they will crush them if that's how it goes down. Clips or SUns? Would be like Detroit vs. Cleveland.

Alright. I can't help it if you saw both of the first games and your silly enough to still wanna ride the ol' ass Spurs. It's on bro. Mavs in 6. Same deal as before. One week.

Nash was pretty sober hitting that shot at the end of the game last night hommie

game 4!

• 16_beat16_beat 56 Posts
    same old playoff steve nash?