NBA PLAYOFFS '05-'06 What'sGood BATCHEZ

Comments

• Who does the NBA have it out for again?

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    www.ESPN1033.COM

Mark Cuban is gonna be doing a radio show at 7 pm CST.

Dood's gonna get fined about half a millie after today. Watch.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    THE FUCKING NBA IS GAY.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    Kinda bogus that there was no lose ball foul called at the time finely and terry went at it, and to all of a sudden suspend the dude. Crazy.

any pistons fans need a little pick me up before tomorrow should read this.

DP

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Kinda bogus that there was no lose ball foul called at the time finely and terry went at it, and to all of a sudden suspend the dude. Crazy.

any pistons fans need a little pick me up before tomorrow should read this.

DP

mad unprofessional for a league..in the middle of the series

wow..new lows..especially with the nuts thing

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I have to admit that the view of the play I got to see on ESPN pregame changes the situation a little bit. It does make it clear Terry at the very least made a "punchlike" move to the groin of Finley. Terry also was prone and had taken a hip to the head from the ol vet too. Heated situation, and I still say the penalty is too severe, especially in the context of what was meted out to Evans.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    damn how can they throw somebody a suspension way after the game is over and everybody left the building? that shit is lame. if they didn't catch it by the end of the play then that shit should have been a clean getaway. that's some ol "oops we need a recount. yup! bush won!" type shit. GTFOHWTBS for real. he did try and sock ol dude in the huevos though... plus finley's an OG and the spurs are the favored team so of course they're gonna pull some bullshit when they are getting worked in the playoffs everybody expected them to breeze through.... that is some moose shit for real.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    damn how can they throw somebody a suspension way after the game is over and everybody left the building? that shit is lame. if they didn't catch it by the end of the play then that shit should have been a clean getaway. that's some ol "oops we need a recount. yup! bush won!" type shit. GTFOHWTBS for real. he did try and sock ol dude in the huevos though... plus finley's an OG and the spurs are the favored team so of course they're gonna pull some bullshit when they are getting worked in the playoffs everybody expected them to breeze through.... that is some moose shit for real.

thanks. you're a gentleman and a fuckin scholar.

ps - are you anything but a hater? you dont seem to do shit but hate. especially since your team lost.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I cry, Suns really let the "cushion" get to their heads

game 7 it is

Jason Terry just threw millions in the trash

he just proved he's a dumb ass and not a leader entering the free agent market

3 classic game 7 series coming up?

Shaq..... another ring?

Wade vs Lebron?

Dirk vs Nash?

Riley a ring ?

The Eva and Tony special on ABC ?

Clippers in the West Conf Finals ?

Clippers foll ?

Clippers foll ?

ugh

Clippers foll ?

ugh

are you anything but a hater? you dont seem to do shit but hate.

My "Daniel Swagger" is second to none one

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Clippers foll ?

Affirmative. First game on local T.V. that I was able to catch.

PHOENIX EXPOSED. Tim "shaking-own-hand-in-mug" Thomas got nothing, NOTHING on Elton "Hard-to-the-rack" Brand. E.B. no, not E.T.

EEEEE BEEEEEEE. BEST BELEEEEEEEEE.

30pts, 12boards, 5swats. Phoenix, get to it.

SAYING

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    gotta admit though, i am really really liking that youngun, Barbosa. If he develops a mid-range jumper, and perhaps bulkens up so that he doesn't get backed up in the post, he'll be a stellar player for years to come. Along the lines of Manu or Darrell Armstrong.

YEAN KNOW?

• 16_beat16_beat 56 Posts
    gotta admit though, i am really really liking that youngun, Barbosa. If he develops a mid-range jumper, and perhaps bulkens up so that he doesn't get backed up in the post, he'll be a stellar player for years to come. Along the lines of Manu or Darrell Armstrong.

actually he's not much like those two players. he's along the lines of the lightning quick, undersized scoring guard that some teams are starting to go with. i wouldn't really compare him to tony parker, but his role isn't all that different - he's a guard, but he attacks the rim hard and initiates the offense that way. devin harris is starting to look similar as well. but yeah, he shouldn't bulk up too much because speed is such a huge part of his game. i mean if he gets the ball in transition or on the break you can go ahead and book it. i'm glad to see him doing well, because he was looking like another one of those great prospects who never get a shot and fizzle out - he actually had a bit of a buzz around him when he was in brazil and was being scouted. and some great summer league/preseason showings as well - like dude would fuck around and dominate and score 32 in like 25 minutes in a blowout, and that was all you'd see from him.

Jason Terry just threw millions in the trash

he just proved he's a dumb ass and not a leader entering the free agent market

EP, that dood was lying prone and defenseless trying to cover up a possession and call timeout with 3 seconds left in a game where the season is on the line for both teams. Mike FUCKFACE Finley drops his hip on JET's head. You saw the "punch"...it was more of a backhand push or swipe to get that little fucker off of him. Yea, it cost his team, but can you really say you or anyone would have a cooler head in that situation? I don't think you can say anything was "proven" just cos of that.

Cuban loves JET. He'll probably still get his money.

Just focus on this avatar action you got comin your way....

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Just focus on this avatar action you got comin your way....

The punch did happen, but c'mon they could of let that shit ride. If that's the new standard - reviewing every contact play on tape after the game, suspensions should/will increase. This is one of the most bullshit/fartjuice calls Stu Jackson & friends have made.
    I still think someonelse on the Mavs will emerge. Theyre deep enuff.
    But Jason Terry got that Sam Cassell-type magical luck shit in his game.

The punch did happen, but c'mon they could of let that shit ride. If that's the new standard - reviewing every contact play on tape after the game, suspensions should/will increase. This is one of the most bullshit/fartjuice calls Stu Jackson & friends have made.
    I still think someonelse on the Mavs will emerge. Theyre deep enuff.
    But Jason Terry got that Sam Cassell-type magical luck shit in his game.

PREACH!

SHAKESPAER!!!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Yeah this kind of "clean up the league" bullshit kinda rubs me the wrong way... it seems like, "ok lets make these negroes presentable for mr. investmentbanker floorseats and his fam-a-lam"....

Also, metting out a suspension on a play where no foul was called is real lame.... did the Spurs SNITCH??

Yeah this kind of "clean up the league" bullshit kinda rubs me the wrong way... it seems like, "ok lets make these negroes presentable for mr. investmentbanker floorseats and his fam-a-lam"....

Also, metting out a suspension on a play where no foul was called is real lame.... did the Spurs SNITCH??

Depends on who you believe. Stu Jackson claimed they had started their own investigation. Word on the (Dallas) radio late yesterday was that Finley/Spurs reported it to the league.

IMO, JET through the "punch" or swipe, but I don't think he actually connected because if Finley had got punched right there, he wouldn't have just been whining and pointing, he'd be doubled-up in pain. No one that was looking RIGHT THERE, Manu and the ref, reacted like they just saw some guy get punched in the groin. Letter of the law is you throw you go though, regardless of the contact.

Evans and Terry should have both been suspended....

there is absolutely no excuse for pulling or punching another mans nuts ...

Evans and Terry should have both been suspended....

there is absolutely no excuse for pulling or punching another mans nuts ...

The Evans thing is what makes this vexing for Mavs fans. The NBA just blew that one, yet they get it "right" here. Evans should've been suspended for the series and maybe the playoffs for that.

i'm sayin'...

and Dirk is still soft....A LAY UP TO WIN THE SERIES!!!!! and his butt cheeks froze....

why?

fear of contact = soft

lol !!!...... a 7 footer missing a lay up..... lol !!!!

you better win tonight

and Dirk is still soft....A LAY UP TO WIN THE SERIES!!!!! and his butt cheeks froze....

why?

fear of contact = soft

lol !!!...... a 7 footer missing a lay up..... lol !!!!

you better win tonight

2.4 secs from the start of the play. How's he supposed to know how much time he has? He admitted in the postgame that watching the replay, he thought he had more time to catch and collect as opposed to trying to tap the ball. "We're all smarter afterwards" he said. He was descending from the apex of his jump when his fingertips got on the ball, thus the weak tap. It was very awkward.

C'mon man, some analysis please. Don't go on Cuban-esque rants.