NBA PLAYOFFS '05-'06 What'sGood BATCHEZ

Comments

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Who saw Rasheed's post game last night? "Even the sun shines on a dog's ass some days" (i may have butchered the quote, but you know...)

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    there were some pretty effin heinous calls - on both sides.

Agreed, but the whole playoffs has been this way.

True that, but this game was the worst I've seen yet.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Being a Laker fan since birth i have watched David & Dick hand us "important" games over the years.....and i was man enough to admit it then and now

The Spurs look a mess ...Avery seems to have Pop's number...Duncan was worthless in the clutch...and J.T was on fire ......but dude...dont deny the gift that was given to you last night ....you are probably the only person in America that DID NOT witness the horseshit calls in that game last night

Dirk vs Nash = $$$$$

Duncan vs Brand = zzzZZZZZ

DEAL WIT IT !

Being a Laker fan since birth i have watched David & Dick hand us "important" games over the years.....and i was man enough to admit it then and now

The Spurs look a mess ...Avery seems to have Pop's number...Duncan was worthless in the clutch...and J.T was on fire ......but dude...dont deny the gift that was given to you last night ....you are probably the only person in America that DID NOT witness the horse shit calls in that game last night

Dirk vs Nash = $$$$$

DEAL WIT IT !

Where is the "ghey" graemlin when you need it? I didn't cry when I lost, look at you man...it's sad.

There were horseshit calls all over the floor last night. 'Member when the refs GAVE the Spurs a free possession after TP's airball?

You DEAL WIT IT fool, cos you are about to be in 48 hours, mmmkay??

Hey Ed.......

AND TO ANYONE WHO HAS EVER CALLED DIRK "SOFT" OR QUESTIONED HIS TOUGHNESS.......HOW DOES THAT BOWL OF DICK TASTE THIS MORNINING????

yeah....it was a mighty "tough" act watching Jason Terry take over the game in crunch time

AND TO ANYONE WHO HAS EVER CALLED DIRK "SOFT" OR QUESTIONED HIS TOUGHNESS.......HOW DOES THAT BOWL OF DICK TASTE THIS MORNINING????

yeah....it was a mighty "tough" act watching Jason Terry take over the game in crunch time

LOL. Did you see him roll his ankle on Saturday then come back and buck 28 points, more than he's scored all series against "the defensive wizards". Team game dog. You're really reachin here, I've never seen this side of you. You are not used to being wrong I see.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

The Spurs look a mess ...Avery seems to have Pop's number...Duncan was worthless in the clutch...and J.T was on fire ......but dude...dont deny the gift that was given to you last night ....you are probably the only person in America that DID NOT witness the horse shit calls in that game last night

Dirk vs Nash = $$$$$

DEAL WIT IT !

There were horseshit calls all over the floor last night. 'Member when the refs GAVE the Spurs a free possession after TP's airball?

I was trying really hard to stay out of this thread after that loss last night (which, when it came down to it, was due to the fine performance by dallas).

but do not overlook the fact that the possession that the refs "gave" the spurs was immediately taken back by a "foul" called when, I think it was manu (but maybe it was brent, I kind of forget as that loss has become one big blur to me), was essentially walking down the court. it was was a retribution call, and one that was ended up hurting the spurs more than the mavs.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    LOL. Did you see him roll his ankle on Saturday then come back and buck 28 points, more than he's scored all series against "the defensive wizards".

20 of 'em at the foul line, where he was constantly being sent courtesy of ticky-tack foul calls by the refs. I'm not saying the refs cost the Spurs either of the last two games, but they did make the job much harder, and it is getting sort of annoying how much they're coddling Dirk.

Dirk vs Nash = $$$$$

DEAL WIT IT !

I was trying really hard to stay out of this thread after that loss last night (which, when it came down to it, was due to the fine performance by dallas).

but do not overlook the fact that the possession that the refs "gave" the spurs was immediately taken back by a "foul" called when, I think it was manu (but maybe it was brent, I kind of forget as that loss has become one big blur to me), was essentially walking down the court. it was was a retribution call, and one that was ended up hurting the spurs more than the mavs.

Actually, J****, they called on offensive foul on Duncan for a moving screen 3 seconds into the next possession. I remember that too. The calls evened out, and honestly, the Spurs got EVERY call in the first half. I've already stated above the officiating stunk, and now no one is going to give the Mavs credit when they become only the second WC team besides the Shaq/Kobe Lakers to knock the Spurs out of the playoffs.

and it is getting sort of annoying how much they've coddled Duncan his whole career.

LOL. Did you see him roll his ankle on Saturday then come back and buck 28 points, more than he's scored all series against "the defensive wizards".

20 of 'em at the foul line, where he was constantly being sent courtesy of ticky-tack foul calls by the refs. I'm not saying the refs cost the Spurs either of the last two games, but they did make the job much harder, and it is getting sort of annoying how much they're coddling Dirk.

He's a Superstar and a MVP candidate. They get those calls. It's how the league is run. No different than Dallas Bigs getting called for touching Timmie Duncan.

this is why i dont post in the morning ........i'll deal with you when i get back !

GP, I don't think anyone's trying to take away the Mav's game - they hit the shots when it counted, they played their asses off and the Spurs really had no answer for their offense to shut them down and put the game away.

Thing is, what you're refusing to admit is that calls don't balance out over the course of a game like that, when its in the final minutes and the score is basically tied calls (good and bad) have a lot more weight... and the Mavs got some sweet calls. I

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

Dirk vs Nash = $$$$$

DEAL WIT IT !

Actually, J****, they called on offensive foul on Duncan for a moving screen 3 seconds into the next possession.

that's right, i was in a bar w/o sound on the tv, so I didn't know exactly what had happened. but seriously b****, i've never seen someone sounding so dejected about their team when they are winning. welcome to the world of a spurs fan, where there is always some reason why we have won a chapionship that did not have to do with the quality of our game. get used to it, cause everyone hates you when you're on top.

props to the mavs, the spurs should be beating them regardless of the calls, but they are getting outplayed.

as for me, i'm waiting for game 5

Mostly, I just think

everyone hates

Hey man, I'm sorry to run a bunch of smack, because you are as classy as they come, J****. WTF are you 'po to do though when fucking LAKER FAN whose team already FUCKED OFF their playoff chances wants to come through w/ the lame comments. Ed Powers will get his though........

GP, I don't think anyone's trying to take away the Mav's game - they hit the shots when it counted, they played their asses off and the Spurs really had no answer for their offense to shut them down and put the game away.

Thing is, what you're refusing to admit is that calls don't balance out over the course of a game like that, when its in the final minutes and the score is basically tied calls (good and bad) have a lot more weight... and the Mavs got some sweet calls. I

I dunno, which were the real cherry calls? Bowen fouled Nowitzki, either by bumping him 2 to 3 times (calls the Spurs guards had gotten), or by hooking his arms. Perhaps that isn't a call you make w/ 10 seconds left, but it is 'callable'. Who knows what woulda happened had they not called it? Dirk gets stopped? Dirk gets a bucket? Dirk gets another foul? Spurs get a steal? Dirk misses and the rebound gets kicked out for a Dallas three? As Jacob reminded me after Game 1, you gotta play through the calls. I thought whining about calls was the province of the butt-hurt? That's what I was told.

I remember throughout the first half and into the second thinking "here are the calls we KNEW the Spurs would get", and they did, and I just saw the Mavs playing through it.

Calls are bad, but they aren't determining the outcome of these games. Athleticism, talent and mental toughness are. Folls need to respek'.

So much good stuff about the game. Finley almost came back to be the damn Grim Reaper with his SICK old-school throwdown and nasty 3-Pointer. TP was back to his awesome game. Devin hit outside shots. Devin streaking down full-court so fast TNT cameras couldn't even keep up. A hurt Dirk hitting every shot he took in the first half. Timmy giving a low-post clinic. A sick alley-oop from Devin to Stack. STack hitting big shot after big shot. Let's talk about that stuff.

I feel the Spurs pain, but it is not the story of the series. The maturation and evolution of the Dallas mavs is the story so far.

calling ticky-tacky fouls in the final minutes is

but you are right, the mavs are a different team

just saying dude, you got a potential MVP driving to the hoop with the clock winding down, you gotta let them play, that is not a "star gets the call" deal that is a "put a lights-out foul shooter on the line" deal if you ask me

Also a pretty clear charge by Dirk was called a block on Duncan, then of course the subsequent delay of game (lol... pretty punitive if you ask me), very influential call as well

You pointed out the Spurs airball, which was also abhorrent.

But the former two were basically give-aways or plain bad officiating, depending on how conspiracy-minded you are... and like I said, the calls in the first half do not hold the same weight, however bad they may have been.....

But yes, the Mavs are a greatly improved team and I see them going all the way

(to the finals, that is)

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

I feel the Spurs pain, but it is not the story of the series. The maturation and evolution of the Dallas mavs is the story so far.

don't discredit the fine job Cleveland has been doing the last 3 games. I think that is the most unexpected result on any of the semi matchups so far. cleveland has outscored detroit in the fourth quarter in every game so far. detroits biggest 4th is cleveland's smallest so far. not to mention they been playing some strong D these last 3 games as well. it's doubtful, but i would LOVE to see detroit get knocked out of the semis by cleveland. for variety's sake and to see lebron play more. detroit is easily the best team in the league but they sure haven't been showing it the last couple games. they shot 33% last night? that's garbage. or that's really tough D on the cavs part... Detroit doesn't lose at home though so I expect this could be a 7 game series that detroit wins because of home court...

But yes, the Mavs are a greatly improved team and I see them going all the way

(to the finals, that is)

I hope the Mavs do make the Finals against the Pistons. That would be a fun series. Surely they'd be favored, but we match up okay with them. I'd relish the opportunity, and it'd be fun to go at it w/ Drewn, who tried to dismiss me when I first started posting here and gave him some grief about our early season victory over them.

Calls are calls, and I don't disagree w/ much of what you wrote (we could dissect the Duncan block though......), but if you were in my position and had been watching this team try to break through for 7 years in the era of the Big Diesel and the Big Fundamental, you might have some of the same opinions I do. You don't think I haven't spent the last 5 or six offseasons grumbling about calls? It's fine w/ me for the shoe to be on the other foot.

don't discredit the fine job Cleveland has been doing the last 3 games. I think that is the most unexpected result on any of the semi matchups so far. cleveland has outscored detroit in the fourth quarter in every game so far. detroits biggest 4th is cleveland's smallest so far. not to mention they been playing some strong D these last 3 games as well. it's doubtful, but i would LOVE to see detroit get knocked out of the semis by cleveland. for variety's sake and to see lebron play more. detroit is easily the best team in the league but they sure haven't been showing it the last couple games. they shot 33% last night? that's garbage. or that's really tough D on the cavs part... Detroit doesn't lose at home though so I expect this could be a 7 game series that detroit wins because of home court...

I don't. Cleveland has done a fine job in winning games 3 and 4 at home when no one even thought they'd win a single game.

I'd love it if Cleveland won, just to see Roscoe Wallace eat a huge plate of crow, but I'm not holding my breath.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    just to see Roscoe Wallace eat a huge plate of crow

That is fun, isn't it? That was one of the great many wonderful things about the Spurs winning it last year: Roscoe having to eat shit.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

TRUTH. except for the games Joe Crawford heads officiating.

yuichi, do you see this playoffs as being markedly worse than previous ones when it comes to officiating? Ol' Charles Barkley was pretty hot last night about it. Talking about how the league needs to review the entire thing and make some changes... blah blah blah... it has been pretty abhorrent to me but what to I know

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    just to see Roscoe Wallace eat a huge plate of crow

That is fun, isn't it? That was one of the great many wonderful things about the Spurs winning it last year: Roscoe having to eat shit.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    DAMN, the pics showed up as red Xs when I tried to post them on here...anyway here is a whole thread's worth of fun:
    NBA Players and their Wives

Bookmark.

TRUTH. except for the games Joe Crawford heads officiating.

Well, he was the head ref for Game 3 of our series but somehow spurs fans (elsewhere) cried enough tears to fill the Colorado River over that game.....

Ol' Charles Barkley was pretty hot last night about it. Talking about how the league needs to review the entire thing and make some changes... blah blah blah...

Blahblahblah is right... fuck that fat sack of shit.

Charles at halftime: "Whoever win this game gon' win da series"

Charles after the Mavs win: "This series isn't over. All the Spurs have to do is win Game 6 at Dallas"

fuck that dood for real. He's hated on us for years and he don't like havin to eat shit.