NBA PLAYOFFS '05-'06 What'sGood BATCHEZ

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Hey, I just tuned in to this Nets - Heats game... why is errbody in the stands slangin' in they white tee, bangin' in they white tee, all up in they seats watchin' game in they white tee? At first glance I thought it was KKK night or sumpthin'.

They have a whole "White Hot" thing goin' on down where. Kind of IMO, too.

And it looks terrible on TV.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Hey, I just tuned in to this Nets - Heats game... why is errbody in the stands slangin' in they white tee, bangin' in they white tee, all up in they seats watchin' game in they white tee? At first glance I thought it was KKK night or sumpthin'.

Phill....send that idea to David Stern.....KKK Night....at halftime we can get Nate Robinson to dunk over a burning cross........and the first 1,000 fans in full robe and hood gets a David Duke Inflatable Defender......this will fly in Utah!!!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Steve Nash gets the MVP trophy tonight, deal with it.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    this will fly in Utah!!!

Nice one!!! Seriously the roster bias and coaching in Utah has been for years (notice how white hooded graemlin is appropriate)

Nice lets have a race thread in this b-ball one

all jokes aside what happened to miami. forcing stan out and fucking up the initial chemistry by going superstar route isnt looking tooo good right now

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    o.k. ....i'm better now ...the loss had me ass hurt & cranky ....sorry Batmon

The Phoenix Suns are beautiful to watch ..they are team full of scorers who force tempo (they give a fuck less about defense) ....old school basketball ....Steve Nash is the shit ...his Jump Shot is pure smoke .....the only knock on Nash is he's not very smart ...He damn near fucked off the series with the Lakers ....

Because Nash is dumb and Casell is VERY smart ...The Clippers should win this series ....this is all mental for them....slow the fuck down ...put a body on those dudes and bang em around ..post everybody up Nash,Marion,Thomas ...you have the shooters to kick out to ......

but ....Dunleavy is an idiot also ....

i have no idea who wins this series ....i'd say whoever wins tonight takes the whole thing in 7

Because Nash is dumb and Casell is VERY smart ...

Nash is no dummy. Jump ball or not:

"Another aspect of his life that has caused Nash to stand out from many of his contemporaries is his keen interest in art, politics, and the world around him. For one, he is a discerning reader, tackling the works of such authors as Immanuel Kant and Alexander Solzhenitsyn."

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Nash

....this is all mental for them....slow the fuck down ...put a body on those dudes and bang em around ..post everybody up Nash,Marion,Thomas ...you have the shooters to kick out to ...

agreed, this is like Phoenix's strategy, and when the Clippers run to cover the outside Suns shooters, good luck because Nash and Barbosa are going to slash to the basket and make the easy layups

7 games, very possible though

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    i've been impressed with his overall game though - i think he'll make a great pro.

I agree with this. Martell's one of the only Blazers that I think they should keep.

Zach Randolph - Goodbye, maybe you'll be more consistent somewhere else. Plus, your discontent spreads. Draft that dude from LSU to replace him. Tyrus Thomas?

Darius Miles - Goodbye. Don't let the doorknob hitcha where the good lord splitcha on the way out. I was a big booster of this guy last season, and still think he's very talented, but he flat stopped trying. There are a lot of slagoffs in the league, but I've never seen worse effort from anyone than what he consistently put forth this season (excluding opening night).

Theo Ratliff - We could keep the Rattler, but I don't see him ever getting healthy enough to be a full time prime time player again. When he's on, he's a defensive behemoth. But with a bad back, he'll rarely be on. I do like his game, though.

Sebastian Telfair - The Oregonian keeps talking about this as though he's a good player. He's horrible. Terrible judgment for a point guard, poor shooting percentage, turnovers. Trade him to the Knicks where he can at least have some hometown people apologizing for him. No reason to do it in Portland.

Jarret Jack - He's a solid player. Nobody's all star, but he can play point guard at a reasonable level. Keep him or package him with someone else in a trade for something good.

Martell Webster - Very promising. In true Trailblazer fashion, they should bring him along to the brink of being an all-star and then trade him for an overweight coke-addled former all-star (Jermaine O'Neal for Shawn Kemp ring any bells?) Do not trade.

Joel Pryzbilla - I see the Pryzard of Oz being about as good as Chris Dudley. Occasional flashes of offense, 8 rebounds a night, solid defense, and at least 5 fouls. I'm indifferent to resigning him, but if he goes we need a center that can play 35 minutes a game, and the Rattler is not likely to be healthy enough to do it.

Juan Dixon - Keep him. He shoots well and plays with maturity. As do many players who graduate from college (there's a lesson here - and it is if we draft a fucking Italian 20 year old named Andrea with the number one overall pick, they damn well better move the team somewhere I don't know where to find them, because I will chase them down and commit mayhem).

Steve Blake - Keep him. He's as good an all-around player today as Telfair is, and he doesn't have the teenage mindset that keeps Telfair from realizing his potential. Solid at the point.

Trades I would support:

Randolph + Telfair for Jermaine O'Neal + Freddie Jones. Jones is a Duck, and he's a great shooter. O'Neal I've liked since he was a rookie, despite his poor judgment in the Detroit brawl last year.

Miles + Ratliff for Lamar Odom. It'll never happen, but Odom's a great player who I hate to see in a Laker uniform.

If we get this done, and draft Tyrus Thomas, then our starting lineup next year looks as follows:

PG: Steve Blake
    SG: Freddie Jones
    C: Jermaine O'Neal
    SF: Lamar Odom
    PF: Tyrus Thomas

With Webster coming off the bench either at shooting guard or small forward (he's 6'7 and probably still growing), and Dixon spelling Jones, this would be a lineup I could wholeheartedly support.

But it'll never happen.

JRoot, you a superfan. Do you get the League Pass every year?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    This thread devolved into ridiculousness right around the time that Yuichi had the poor judgment to try to intimidate people from posting their opinions because they did not have his level of basketball knowledge. It was one of the more pitiful (laughable really) sequences I've seen on soulstrut in some time (and there have been some lows).

What? That was an all-time SoulStrut high! The part where my man challenged Ms. Damn to a penile joust surpassed even previous installments of the "You're not at all a balla/I'm a balla-balla" show, including the one where he promised to WORK paychisel, SON!

"The only difference between Kobe and AI is that Iverson is REAL."

"she's a baller baller"

huh? i never said that above quote about kobe and AI. and you do realize faux_rillz was mocking you when he joked i was a "baller baller"? based on your frustrated outbursts in the past whenever anyone voiced a dislike of kobe, it seemed the natural progression (read: regresssion) would be for you to get so upset/frustrated that you would challenge me on the court like you did JP, thereby promising to 'WORK' me, 'SON'.

no one's denying that you know a lot about basketball. but dude you're being kinda weird and childish trying to beat that idea over everyone's head who disagrees with your opinions...

would you chill? geez. this the second time you thought i was attacking you! lol

CLIPS, not a good idea to run up the score...

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    I thought the reason the Clips were supposed to beat the Suns is because they could pound them inside.

Don't give the Clips much of a chance if they are gonna continue to try to run. I wish I coulda stayed awake long enough to catch the end of that one, real entertaining.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I'm just glad Ben Wallace is rocking that fierce hairstyle.

Dudes describing other dudes' hairstyles as "fierce" is a tad suspect, no?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    This thread devolved into ridiculousness right around the time that Yuichi had the poor judgment to try to intimidate people from posting their opinions because they did not have his level of basketball knowledge. It was one of the more pitiful (laughable really) sequences I've seen on soulstrut in some time (and there have been some lows).

What? That was an all-time SoulStrut high! The part where my man challenged Ms. Damn to a penile joust surpassed even previous installments of the "You're not at all a balla/I'm a balla-balla" show, including the one where he promised to WORK paychisel, SON!

"The only difference between Kobe and AI is that Iverson is REAL."

"she's a baller baller"

What are you trying to say, Yuichi?

You've dredged up two context-specific joke posts of mine in order to establish what, exactly?

I'm seriously wondering.

just an observation holmes, don't get your gucci pantsuit twisted

gotta show the 'fro some love, I rocked one when I was a kid, no joke. My hair be kinky, and no not in the sexual way you pervs.

Clippers have a chance but they need to get Ross, Livingston, and Brand focused on Defense and inside plays. Nash slashed all the way and so did Leandro, slipping inside a little like Tony Parker does. Mobley, where you at foll? Cassel and Kaman were okay, but Kaman is definitely not as fast as Diaw. Brand can shoot that little jumpshot in the paint but Kobe could shoot, too. LA has forgotten last week already, huh?

If the Suns keep doing their thing and hitting the 3s, penetrating with Leandro and Steve, and getting the Matrix to fukin wake up during the 1st half of the games going they can win this series. I'm bettin on Purple and Orange.

What are you trying to say, Yuichi?

You've dredged up two context-specific joke posts of mine in order to establish what, exactly?

I'm seriously wondering.

I think he's funnin'.

Mavs stepped up tonight. Great game all around. The Harris move paid off in spades.

Soon the casual fan will learn about Josh Howard. Who do the Spurs have that can check Josh Howard besides Bowen? Who do the Spurs have that can check Devin Harris?

This is gonna be a tough, tough series and the Spurs aren't going anywhere. I anticipate Dallas will have to win two games in S.A. to take the series. That's why the Game 1 loss hurt so much.

Mavs stepped up tonight. Great game all around. The Harris move paid off in spades.

Soon the casual fan will learn about Josh Howard. Who do the Spurs have that can check Josh Howard besides Bowen? Who do the Spurs have that can check Devin Harris?

This is gonna be a tough, tough series and the Spurs aren't going anywhere. I anticipate Dallas will have to win two games in S.A. to take the series. That's why the Game 1 loss hurt so much.

Nobody watched the game last night and wants to comment?

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

• _JULIUS__JULIUS_ 76 Posts

Dallas in 6
    New Jersey in 6

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Sorry, I'm just a little peeved that my squad got its ass handed to it.

Props to the Mavs, though--the whole team looked pretty damn sharp last night.

Among other things, I thought Dallas did a great job last night of being aggressive. They were taking it to the hoop and grabbing rebounds over heads all night. This is going to be a back-and-forth, momentum-shifting kind of series.

Haha. It's just one game. Game 3 is going to be sick. Tip time got switched to 7 pm CST on Saturday instead of 4 pm.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Dallas in 6
    New Jersey in 6

U get ban

What's up with this blow-you-out-in-the-first-few-minutes-and-never-get-back-in-the-game bullshit?

Not feelin' it.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    What's up with this blow-you-out-in-the-first-few-minutes-and-never-get-back-in-the-game bullshit?

Not feelin' it.

No doubt. Dudes are just adjusting game to game at slower rates.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Not feelin' it.

i can easily answer that. a potent offense and an insufficient defense. simple as that.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

Dallas in 6
    New Jersey in 6

clips in 6 too

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    In Vegas....watched the Mav's game at the Hard Rock while they were filming that HBO show Entourage........met Seth Green who was shorter than I could have ever imagined.......Mavs in 6.