NBA PLAYOFFS '05-'06 What'sGood BATCHEZ

Comments

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    blaming officiating for losses = sore ass syndrome

Didn't blame it J***b. It was a factor though. Dirk didn't get fouled on that drive to the hoop he had at about the 1:00 mark? All those fouls Duncan picked up on our bigs were completely legit? Do you feel the game was officiated evenly?

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Of course the officiating has been very throughout the playoffs so far. But it hasn't, as far as I've seen, really benefited any team over another. I was just responding to...

The officiating sucked

and

The refs let Duncan run roughshod and called about 5 fouls on Dallas Centers standing completely still w/ their arms straight up in the air.

...and I was being an ass cause spurs beat dallas two days after a long first round and long flight on their one day off, while dallas had almost a week of rest under their belts. Regardless, this might be the best series of the playoffs if it continues to look like game one.

As far as yesterday's game, there were plenty of calls against the spurs that were questionable at best. But it's the late game calls that always get used in post game blame sessions. Basically, all calls come around, and bottom line, rarely do calls make any difference that stronger playing throughout the game wouldn't have overcome IMO.

Are you going to any of the games?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Of course the officiating has been very throughout the playoffs so far. But it hasn't, as far as I've seen, really benefited any team over another. I was just responding to...

Well as Nash and D'antoni have pointed out, the Suns were really at 4:2 going into game 7 (because of it), oops I mean they were at 3:3, LOL. Post game interview funnies!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Maybe I have missed this, but is anybody on here repping hard for any of the following?:

New Jersey
    Cleveland
    Miami

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts

The officiating sucked

and

The refs let Duncan run roughshod and called about 5 fouls on Dallas Centers standing completely still w/ their arms straight up in the air.

...and I was being an ass cause spurs beat dallas two days after a long first round and long flight on their one day off, while dallas had almost a week of rest under their belts. Regardless, this might be the best series of the playoffs if it continues to look like game one.

Are you going to any of the games?

Yes you were being an ass ( ) and I'm just grumpy the day after. It was a great effort by the Spurs and you'll see I did give props. I will say though that it seemed *yesterday* Mavs might have gotten a few "ticky-tack" fouls called against them that the Spurs did not. Perhpas the NBA wanted to cushion the blow of the short turnaround. Regardless, my main point is that given all the things that worked against the Mavs yesterday, and what they did to work against themselves, the game was right there for them. But I would like someone who wants to throw that back into my face to explain how the fouls on Timmy D were fouls but Dirk getting *thrashed* as he goes to the cup in the final two minutes is a no-call. I've heard more than a few talking heads and announcers also question the legitimacy of fouls called against Dallas bigs when they stand their ground w/ their hands held straight up.

I wouldn't want to go to a game in SA and dunno if I can score tix for one at the AAC. The 50" screen and herbals at my house are making it comfortable to watch them there.

Enjoy the rest of the series bro. It's gonna be tough and I'm sure I'll completely meltdown on this board before all is said and done.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Maybe I have missed this, but is anybody on here repping hard for any of the following?:

New Jersey
    Cleveland
    Miami

i would like to see cleveland make it a series. the pistons are too good to root for, while the cavs are the complete opposite.

when you have 47 year-old eric snow logging serious minutes and career bench warmer damon jones hitting the series winner, the cavs come off looking like a 16 seed playing a 1. lebron isn't as sensational (to watch) as kobe, but its still fun to watch him bulldoze his way in the lane or shoot that behind-the head step back. i also like to keep track of how his freeway beard is progressing.

The 50" screen and herbals at my house are making it comfortable to watch them there.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

New Jersey
    Cleveland
    Miami

I just want to see Miami vs. Detroit.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    This thread devolved into ridiculousness right around the time that Yuichi had the poor judgment to try to intimidate people from posting their opinions because they did not have his level of basketball knowledge. It was one of the more pitiful (laughable really) sequences I've seen on soulstrut in some time (and there have been some lows). I don't doubt that the chaos theoreticians would support a cause-effect relationship between Yuichi's message board braggadocio and the Lakers eventual ouster from the 2006 playoffs.

For the record, I hate the Lakers. I always have. The only time I've ever rooted for them to win in my life is back in the 80s in those series against the Celtics, because man, I hate the Celtics. Plus they were hideously ugly.

I'm a Trailblazer fan, so I don't have much to hope for in the playoffs this year, other than getting the number one draft pick in the lottery (and praying that they don't squander it on yet another high school project). As the second round begins, I know that I don't want the Suns to win another round of basketball playoffs. They got my support only because they were going against the Lakers, who deserve scorn, hate, and other filth. Kobe is an amazing player, but until he starts passing more, the Lakers won't win another ring.

If I had my druthers with the current constellation, I would have a Clippers-Mavs final in the West (only because the Spurs bore me) and a Pistons-Heat final in the East (though I wouldn't mind watching LeBron play some more - he's fun to watch - I take the Pistons out of allegiance to Rasheed Wallace that continues from his Trailblazers days - Pistons fans should thank us for helping him to grow up; who really likes the Nets, anybody?), leading to a Clippers-Pistons grand finale, won by the Clippers. No NBA team deserves more underdog support than the Clippers, and with my team on the sidelines,

JRoot for the underdog.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Pistons fans should thank us for helping him to grow up

San Diego Blazers

Hartford Blazers

Portland,Maine Trailblazers

JRoot for the underdog.

Dude, good luck! BTW, that was one of the nicer posts I've read on the board in the past week.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing the Clippers against the Mavs but something tells me the momentum that Nash and Company have built up will allow them to have a run at the Mavericks again. Then again, if it ends up being the Suns vs the Spurs, I think it will end up being another snoozy Spurs vs Pistons finale.

Mavs vs. Pistons wouldn't be bad, either.

Pistons fans should thank us for helping him to grow up

San Diego Blazers

hehe! I wouldn't mind that one bit. Ain't no place to play down here though.

Is Marquis Daniels healed up?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    This thread devolved into ridiculousness right around the time that Yuichi had the poor judgment to try to intimidate people from posting their opinions because they did not have his level of basketball knowledge. It was one of the more pitiful (laughable really) sequences I've seen on soulstrut in some time (and there have been some lows).

What? That was an all-time SoulStrut high! The part where my man challenged Ms. Damn to a penile joust surpassed even previous installments of the "You're not at all a balla/I'm a balla-balla" show, including the one where he promised to WORK paychisel, SON!

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    This thread devolved into ridiculousness right around the time that Yuichi had the poor judgment to try to intimidate people from posting their opinions because they did not have his level of basketball knowledge. It was one of the more pitiful (laughable really) sequences I've seen on soulstrut in some time (and there have been some lows).

What? That was an all-time SoulStrut high! The part where my man challenged Ms. Damn to a penile joust surpassed even previous installments of the "You're not at all a balla/I'm a balla-balla" show, including the one where he promised to WORK paychisel, SON!

Sonathon wouldn't risk it.

Is Marquis Daniels healed up?

WOW I was trippin yesterday, only watched part of the first quarter. On the replay Daniels is def in there. I'm out of it. Probably my fave player on the Mavs next to Dampier and Dirk of course.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    This thread devolved into ridiculousness right around the time that Yuichi had the poor judgment to try to intimidate people from posting their opinions because they did not have his level of basketball knowledge. It was one of the more pitiful (laughable really) sequences I've seen on soulstrut in some time (and there have been some lows). I don't doubt that the chaos theoreticians would support a cause-effect relationship between Yuichi's message board braggadocio and the Lakers eventual ouster from the 2006 playoffs.

For the record, I hate the Lakers. I always have. The only time I've ever rooted for them to win in my life is back in the 80s in those series against the Celtics, because man, I hate the Celtics. Plus they were hideously ugly.

I'm a Trailblazer fan, so I don't have much to hope for in the playoffs this year, other than getting the number one draft pick in the lottery (and praying that they don't squander it on yet another high school project). As the second round begins, I know that I don't want the Suns to win another round of basketball playoffs. They got my support only because they were going against the Lakers, who deserve scorn, hate, and other filth. Kobe is an amazing player, but until he starts passing more, the Lakers won't win another ring.

If I had my druthers with the current constellation, I would have a Clippers-Mavs final in the West (only because the Spurs bore me) and a Pistons-Heat final in the East (though I wouldn't mind watching LeBron play some more - he's fun to watch - I take the Pistons out of allegiance to Rasheed Wallace that continues from his Trailblazers days - Pistons fans should thank us for helping him to grow up; who really likes the Nets, anybody?), leading to a Clippers-Pistons grand finale, won by the Clippers. No NBA team deserves more underdog support than the Clippers, and with my team on the sidelines,

JRoot for the underdog.

your timing of this post is perfect.

I was initially annoyed at Ms. Damn and Mylatency for being obnoxious soon after the Laker's game 5 loss. Then like 5 dudes were apparently aggitated cuz i stated i know shit. Batmon knows the deal.

For the record, I hate the Lakers.
    I'm a Trailblazer fan.

woops, should've kept that information to yourself.

peace.

"The only difference between Kobe and AI is that Iverson is REAL."

"she's a baller baller"

• 16_beat16_beat 56 Posts
    hey, blazers fans, don't lose hope ... i'm very very high on young martell.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    hey, blazers fans, don't lose hope ... i'm very very high on young martell.

You're very high on something!!??

high as in ... i think he has a ton of potential. dude is gonna be like glen rice in his prime.

high as in ... i think he has a ton of potential. dude is gonna be like glen rice in his prime.

You're not gonna build a team around a Glen Rice-like player and win anything.

Rice averaged under 20 and a lousy 4 rebounds a game.

If Martell Webster is the future of the Traiblazers you're in worse shape than you are now.

And that's pretty bad.

maybe you don't remember how good glen rice actually was in his prime. best season he averaged about 27 points, and that's coming from a guy who was more or less an unathletic shooter. i wouldn't build a franchise around martell but he'll have a long and productive career. i could also see him being a little more in the allan houston/michael redd mold once he grows into his body a little bit. probably not a true franchise guy ... but very very nice piece to have either way

You're not gonna build a team around a Glen Rice-like player and win anything.

Rice averaged under 20 and a lousy 4 rebounds a game.

If Martell Webster is the future of the Traiblazers you're in worse shape than you are now.

And that's pretty bad.

exactly. AVGing 20 and 10 and winning a championship, may or may not mean the same thing. I'd rather get Bruce Bowen than a Glen Rice.

well it was allegedly 'tell's defense at his tryout that convinced the blazers to gamble on him. so maybe rice isn't the most apt comparison .. at least he looks like him offensively. i've been impressed with his overall game though - i think he'll make a great pro.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Yo, who are you repping anyway?

• This thread devolved into ridiculousness right around the time that Yuichi had the poor judgment to try to intimidate people from posting their opinions because they did not have his level of basketball knowledge. It was one of the more pitiful (laughable really) sequences I've seen on soulstrut in some time (and there have been some lows).

"she's a baller baller"

Considering all of the politess that people show you when you make your toy-ass weekend find posts and shit, I would think you would be a little more mindful of the fact that one's relative lack of expertise on a particular subject should not disqualify them from offering opinions on that subject or otherwise participating in the discussion. If you cant do that, then I'm gonna do likewise and clown you in every music-related thread you ever post in.

maybe you don't remember how good glen rice actually was in his prime. best season he averaged about 27 points, and that's coming from a guy who was more or less an unathletic shooter. i wouldn't build a franchise around martell but he'll have a long and productive career. i could also see him being a little more in the allan houston/michael redd mold once he grows into his body a little bit. probably not a true franchise guy ... but very very nice piece to have either way

Can't argue with this......hope he pans out.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Hey, I just tuned in to this Nets - Heats game... why is errbody in the stands slangin' in they white tee, bangin' in they white tee, all up in they seats watchin' game in they white tee? At first glance I thought it was KKK night or sumpthin'.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

"she's a baller baller"

huh? i never said that above quote about kobe and AI. and you do realize faux_rillz was mocking you when he joked i was a "baller baller"? based on your frustrated outbursts in the past whenever anyone voiced a dislike of kobe, it seemed the natural progression (read: regresssion) would be for you to get so upset/frustrated that you would challenge me on the court like you did JP, thereby promising to 'WORK' me, 'SON'.

no one's denying that you know a lot about basketball. but dude you're being kinda weird and childish trying to beat that idea over everyone's head who disagrees with your opinions...