NBA PLAYOFFS '05-'06 What'sGood BATCHEZ

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Last I heard the Suns are playing the Lakers in Phoenix on Tuesday. It'll be over when it's OVER dude.

more bad news....the lakers are 26-0 when they're up 3-1 in the series.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Last I heard the Suns are playing the Lakers in Phoenix on Tuesday. It'll be over when it's OVER dude.

more bad news....the lakers are 26-0 when they're up 3-1 in the series.

Thanks.

Tuesday Tuesday Tuesday!!!

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    No team is looking more impressive than the Mavs right now.

They absolutely broke the will of the Grizz. Many pundits thought the Mavs were in for a 6-7 game series. hell, I thought it'd at least go 5.

Where is the love on here for the huge Dirk shot on Saturday?

This is not "the same old Mavs team"...... Rest up fellas, see you in about a week.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    Spurs are and always have been streaky. Also, they historically don't play well after blowing a team out like they did in the first game. However, they do usually rebound well from getting blown out, so hopefully they'll pick it up tonight (and rebound a little more, among other things). I'm not worried about their chances of winning the series, but they have been playing extremely lackluster ball the last three games. Fortunately, lackluster still won one out of three and kept it close in another, if they get back in form, it'll look like game one again.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

Don't be suprised if the Kings take the Spurs to 7 games.....if the Kings really feel like it,they can beat the Spurs......

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

i'll give you that, that was a nice shot.

i'm all for sacramento over san antonio.

nobody actually thought the memphis grizzlies would hold up against the mavs. i think the first round would have been more interesting had the grizzlies played the nuggets and the clippers played the mavs...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    they have been playing extremely lackluster ball the last three games.

No fucking doubt, and it's really bugging the crap out of me. It's like they're looking forward to summer vacation or something, just playing like idiots against a good team they should nonetheless be handling pretty quickly. It's sad.

Speaking sad...poor Memphis. Watching those games, I kinda feel for 'em. They're a good team, but they have no idea how to win in the playoffs. They should've taken game 3 from the Mavs (and then gone on to lose the series 4-1), but they completely bungled it at the end and gave it away.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    one more reason to believe this is the Mav's year.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    4 HUGE GAMES TONITE!!!

man.. not gonna get anything done.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    fuck i gotta record rappers tonight. FUCK. i needa TV in my studio room.

i needa TV in my studio room.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    No team is looking more impressive than the Mavs right now.

They absolutely broke the will of the Grizz. Many pundits thought the Mavs were in for a 6-7 game series. hell, I thought it'd at least go 5.

This is not "the same old Mavs team"...... Rest up fellas, see you in about a week.

The Grizz have the longest record of NOT winning a playoff game. I was not surprised that the Mavs wiped the floor with them. I was expecting the Grizz to win one game max like yourself. That's a tuff series? Not a surprise in my book.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    one more reason to believe this is the Mav's year.

You gon' learn....OH YEAH! YOU GON' LEARN!!!

ACK! I knew something was up when I decided to pick Raja as my avatar. Poor naughty Raja, I guess defending Kobe just got to him tonight with the elbow to the face and the knockdown. I hope the league doesn't take action, ugh.

WHERE YOU AT YUICHI
    YOUR BOY JUST GOT EJECTED

HOLLA

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    I'm not even a Lakers fan, but the refs are on some bullsh*t this quarter...Probably doesn't help that they can't seem to score to save their lives, either.

Probably doesn't help that they can't seem to score to save their lives, either.

Their defense was also nonexistent during this game.
    Suns found their rhythm, especially Diaw in the paint.

GAME 6! GAME 6!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

ACK! I knew something was up when I decided to pick Raja as my avatar.

stupid STUPID move. god what a dummy. it's fun seeing kobaby clotheslined though. luckily the refs decided to 'offset'...

i hope this is the beginning of the next great nba rivalry

stupid STUPID move. god what a dummy.

Agreed, he could have fouled him but the clothesline was just excessive, you could see it in Nash's reaction. The emotions were there, and Kobe's hard play during the first half didn't help the situation between the two. Did anyone see what happened right before Kobe got ejected and Kwame brown got pulled down? Nash was running the double team on Kobe, heh. A little payback maybe for that jump ball?

Indeed, at least it's created a Strut NBA thraed rivalry

^^This shit is soft.

how soft?

oooh!

cough* BANDWAGON cough*

You'd think the Suns were getting a free clinic from this dude with the amount of flopping:

granted the Suns got into the game early cuz of Kwame and Odom sitting out with early foul trouble, the Suns got away with a lot of illegal shit:

1) how many times did Tim Thomas shove a laker down?
    2) Bell was holding Kobe throughout the game (on the drive especially)
    3) Nash was hooking his off hand when driving.

BONUS: delay of game warning on Sasha??? lol

THE OFFICIATING IN THIS GAME WAS A JOKE.

run and gun = money at the box office = but no rings

You know why? It's because Sasha did it a couple times in game 2 or 3, and D'antoni definitely made a point about this for the refs to watch, for sure. Throwing the ball out of anger at the base of the basket is pretty much a simple way to delay the game.

Look, it definitely comes down to the physicality. Sure, some of it is purely theatrical but did you forget Kwame's angry stance over Boris? Come on dude, you know actions like that would eventually rile the Suns up.

See you in LA hommie.

HA!

ask these dudes.....(probably too busy getting tats though):

I'm not even a Lakers fan, but the refs are on some bullsh*t this quarter...

you and Faux Rillz have a good eye for the game!

Nash weaving to the basket and scoring along with the Suns actually gettting offensive rebounds and second chances. Finally. Diaw 1 assist away from a tripledouble.

cough* BANDWAGON cough*
    oooh are you talking to me? you think bill walton's commentary is insightful so yr not entitled to an opinion

i'm not a suns fan. i like watching nash play when he's on. i'm not a fan of any nba team really except any formidable opponent of the lakers because i enjoy seeing them lose, plus i've been hatting on kobe and his entitled personality for years so the decision is easy

p.s. officiating is inherantly a joke in the nba playoffs. are you really that surprised?

You know why? It's because Sasha did it a couple times in game 2 or 3, and D'antoni definitely made a point about this for the ref's to watch, for sure. Throwing the ball out of anger at the base of the basket is pretty much a simple way to delay the game.

Look, it definitely comes down to the physicality. Sure, some of it is purely theatrical but you forgetting Kwame's angry stance while standing over Boris. Come on dude, you know actions like that would rile the Suns up.

See you in LA hommie.

huh? it's not delay of game unless it's "delay of game". lol Now the idiot ref may have wanted to call "technical" for unsportsman-like conduct, but what he called was clearly nonsensical.

Nah I think Yuichi is talking to me for backing you up, hah.

huh? it's not delay of game unless it's "delay of game". lol Now the idiot ref may have wanted to call "technical" for unsportsman-like conduct, but what he called was clearly nonsensical.

Suns are usually halfway down the court in the time it takes Sasha to angrily throw the ball man. You know they can do some mega plays in three seconds flat. I just think the ref was keeping an eye out for schitt like that. It wasn's Sasha's or Smush's night, for sure.