Movies that made you weep...like a little bitch

PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
edited November 2015 in Off Topic (NRR)
I know most of you strutters are bad ass mofo's. I've also seen you cry from time to time. It's ok we've all been there. I know there are some movies that made you cry like a little bitch. Don't be afraid to share. I've gotten misty once or twice during a movie...It's ok. What's not ok is getting misty during "very special" sitcoms. Here's two movies that got me.... That part when he graduated and that motorcycle guy (who didn't speak for years) cheered for him. I must say it got me. Also When they all started chanting, "Rudy, Rudy, Rudy" again it got me. A lot of people told me field of dreams got them. I thought that movie was lame and didn't do squat for me. Any others?
TAGGED:

Comments

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Rudy kills me every time... when his dad starts doing that off-beat clapping, like he had been holding in that emotion for his 60-plus years, while his mom and the rest of the stadium are shouting his name... and then he gets a sack.

• 99crates99crates 42 Posts

Fahrenheit 9/11: Peoples reactions to the towers getting hit.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

'nuff said. When the mother...I can't even say it...

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Dumbo when the Mommy gets taken away on the train!!

• Dancer in the Dark.......almost.

It was a combo of the movie and the gal I went with was crying.

• rayray 77 Posts
    I think Field of Dreams is pretty melodramatic and quite manipulative.

That being said, the ending does get me pretty choked up.
    I never had a good relationship with my father and I haven't spoken to him since he left my mom.

...but sometimes I think it'd be nice if we'd "had a catch" once in a while. It's just a connection that was never there, and that movie tends to make me dwell on that.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

When they all started chanting, "Rudy, Rudy, Rudy" again it got me. A lot of people told me field of dreams got them. I thought that movie was lame and didn't do squat for me. Any others?

Cosign Cosign Cosign. Recently saw this again after a good ten years and the tears came a pouring down. Awesome flick.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Dumbo when the Mommy gets taken away on the train!!

un-fuckin-bearable!

• To keep it on the sports theme, Field of Dreams can make me cry. Murderball had me crying at a couple points...

But, my favorite was the time I was watching Ken Burns' Baseball while really tired and hungover one day (feeling a little emo) and I balled through the entire sequence when Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier. Man, my fiancee loves to bug me about that one.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    El Norte

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

I cried like Michael Jackson in a kindergarden

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    yup, just like a little bitch.

I cry at movies pretty easily, so the list is long. I???ll tell about three.

One of my first ???dates??? with an ex was to see Mississippi Masala and the waterworks started the first 10 minutes of the film when the family was getting kicked out of Uganda and were saying good-bye to all their friends, etc. *a* turns around, peers at me and in an incredulous stage whisper says ???are you crying???? All I could do was nod. I also bawled at the end of the film when they went back and saw all their old friends, etc.

I had read enough about Dancer in the Dark and about what a hard time Bjork had during the filming to go prepared. My friend and I loaded up on the tissue and basically watched the second half through a teary blur.

Malcolm X ??? In His Own Words documentary ??? from when he gets shot, to the funeral, to the interviews with people on the street talking about the loss ??? bawl bawl bawl ??? out of sadness and anger both.

To be absolutely clear though, I did not shed one tear during ET.

• Man, I saw "The Green Mile," and it was pure waterworks.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Rudy - when he got to play
    Braveheart - when william wallace is killed
    Forrest Gump - when his mom died

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

and this one, man. I saw this the week after the star had died, rendering him unable to attend the Oscars. knowing that he was dead and watching that last scene, man I was acting like a little bitch right there:

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Perhaps I'm as cold as ice or disconnected from tha skreetz, but I find you guys crying to Rudy amusing.

PS Sorry if that sounds harsh

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    The end of Spike Lee's Malcolm X when Ossie Davis is giving the eulogy over the montage of children...that got me.

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    The guy dying at the end of The Barbarian Invasions made me sad...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Perhaps I'm as cold as ice or disconnected from tha skreetz, but I find you guys crying to Rudy amusing.

PS Sorry if that sounds harsh

what is Rudy all about?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Life is Beautiful!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Life is Beautiful!

, the little boy is the same that got run over by horses in "Gladiator". Poor little bastard was born to suffer in movies, I guess.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts

what is Rudy all about?

WHAT! R U SERIOUS?????!!!! HAHA!

Well its about a dude trying to play fooze-ball at notre dame and he has to overcome many obstacles. A lot about perseverance and struggle and determination. Werd! I'm sure there's a better explanation but its worth the 9 bucks at target... cop it!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    what is Rudy all about?

Mentally challenged down on his luck student miraculously gets into college, plays towel boy for team, desperately wants to play, miraculously suits up and coach puts him in to play.

PS Don't cop it. It is sentimental sappy true story drivel. If you like "Radio" or "Remember the Titans", cop. If not, don't.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    man, i'm a sucker for that shit...
    i was a wuss toward the end of the new king kong.
    two standards for me are joe vs. the volcano, and it's a wonderful life every time.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

When the boy is speaking with his dead mother at the end I totally choked up. Too bad much of the movie is pretty retarded. It's kind of an odd childrens movie with lot of adult themes and violence.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    El Norte

the film with Lupe Ontiveros? Damn good movie!

I've only got choked up at 2 films

That last scene with the German girl singing cut with the changing reactions of the young soldiers is one of the emotional pieces of film I've ever seen.

the other film I ain't owning up to

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Of Mice and Men... in fact I just cried typing it.

Life is Beautiful!

Co-sign! What a fantastic movie that was. You keep thinking "How long until he pops out from around the corner" or "So when is he going to hop out of that tank at the end".

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

When they finally find Jimmy. He was locked up in an apartment downstairs and really put through the ringer. Tough time.

When they finally find Jimmy. He was locked up in an apartment downstairs and really put through the ringer. Tough time.

This movie is so funny! I lost my VHS copy years ago. I need to find another copy of this.