Movies that made you weep...like a little bitch

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Soulstrut betting pool for guessing what the Guzzo girlyman cryfest inspiration was? Takers?

was it "Beaches"?? That movie makes my wife cry.

• It's about to be .

This shit made me cry. Worse part? I didn't even watch the damn thing. I was flipping channels on TV and caught 5 minutes of it and it had me crying. I didn't even watch the thing so I wasn't invested in the characters. And, I don't have a stepmom or a dead mom. None of this stopped me from bawling like a baby. Cried so much I gave myself a damn headache...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

i think i was in 3rd or 4th grade. i cried, spilled all my skittles, and cried more.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Soulstrut betting pool for guessing what the Guzzo girlyman cryfest inspiration was? Takers?

I knew someone was going to say Beaches. I havent seen it but if I did I got a feeling I might end up sobbing.

Fuck it since its become a game I'll frop some hints.

It came out the year after beaches. And there is a penis in the movie poster

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

I knew someone was going to say Beaches. I havent seen it but if I did I got a feeling I might end up sobbing.

Dude.

Too easy.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Dude.

Too easy.

thats the one. I welled up when she ditched her dad and her roots to go live with that fucked up excuse of a future husband.

I've never recovered from the heartbreak

• ZekeZeke 221 Posts
    The wake scene from Crooklyn where the one older brother puts his arm around his little sister definitely had me crying.

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    this movie used to make me cry, i don't mean tear up i mean actually cry:

although looking at the poster now it seems a tad bit manipulative...

if you want to cry watch nature films sometimes...

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I need the full cinema experience to cry from a movie. Hardly ever do it at home. When I saw this it was

• progbeatzprogbeatz 451 Posts

As soon as I saw the title of this thread This was the movie that came to mind.This movie fucked me up.So powerful.The scene with "the girl and the tree"...forget about it.I wept like a fool,and there was no stopping it...No movie has affected me the same way,before or since.

• KaushikKaushik 320 Posts
    and once again, this

Yeah Pather Panchali is one sad movie. So is the World of Apu. (No, not the Simpsons character, the Satyajit Ray movie.) Shig, you can read Bengali?? I'm impressed.

These always make my eyes blurry:

And probably the SADDEST movie of all time... I dare you to watch this and not cry for hours:

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I forgot one...The end of boys in the hood got me. I didn't ball but I got a bit misty.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

I was kinda young when i saw it. That scene we're the little girl is waiting for her pops who just got screwed by the cops.. all alone with her suitcase in front of the house.so sad

also that autist basketball vid had me teary

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    OK, I guess I might as well admit mine.

The first time I ever almost sorta cried was at the end of the Elephant Man when he lays down to go to sleep at the end.

And then at the end of Shiri when she leaves him the voicemail and he's listening to it and then she's like "i miss you... i miss you so much" and in korean i swear it works even better, and then he's at the beach at jejudo and he listens to the walkman and "when i dream" is playing.... man, i really get misted up. Not sure I ever actually cried though.
    maybe one tear.

and that time when HJ threw a battery at my balls while I was watching The Ladykillers made me want to cry. That time was last night, and it hurt.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    The Ladykillers

As is always the case: see the OG and nix the remake.

I almost cried at "The Squid and the Whale." It was perfectly written and just too close to home. Hell, near the end I felt like I should have been crying. I almost tried to psych myself into it just for a emotional purge. Really, though: I needed a big hug from Ms. Luck to make it better.

I don't really cry at great films as much as I just get affected by them. Enter Mssrs. Bergman and Lynch.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

I was kinda young when i saw it.

man I feel older on this board by the day.

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    Rudy kills me every time... when his dad starts doing that off-beat clapping, like he had been holding in that emotion for his 60-plus years, while his mom and the rest of the stadium are shouting his name... and then he gets a sack.

I have never seen 'Rudy', but when I worked at the Borders in Las Vegas the real Rudy would come in all the time. I guess everyone knew who he was because it was the first thing he would tell anyone when making their aquaintence.

For me, the tear-jerker is

i welled up a bit on this one...good call.

• Forrest Gump B! Forrest..... Gump

when he meets his son and is like is he stupid?

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

for some reason, i went and saw this with my friend sarah, the whole movie was fine but at the very ending scene (which isnt key at ALL but i wont say much about it), for some reason i was overcome with emotion and nearly started crying. then, the credits rolled and i was over it....till we got outside of the theatre, where i burst out crying super hardcore. i dont know why, at all. i seriously have no idea why.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

And probably the SADDEST movie of all time... I dare you to watch this and not cry for hours:

Biggest co-sign of my life. My mom made me watch this when I was 11. Amazing.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    The wake scene from Crooklyn where the one older brother puts his arm around his little sister definitely had me crying.

Beat me to it. This is the first one that came to mind for me, such a great movie. Cosign on Forrest Gump, Fahrenheit 911, Once were Warriors and Elephant Man. Add on Parenthood for me. And Six Feet Under although thats a show. Boys Don't Cry was crazy, had me freaking out and getting all aggro more than crying.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Parenthood
    Yeah. This is a favorite movie of mine, definitely has me in tears. But also lots of laughter, "we can take pictures of our love" .

I haven't watched it since I was like 15, but Tearms of Endearment had shredding tears.

• That part at the end when the latino dudes lil daughter runs out and tries to save him from getting shot (in the pic)...had me pretty choked up

I cried my fucking eyes out (laughing) towards the end of the scene with Banderas as the father of the 2 punk kids.

• This Norwegian film, Only Clouds Move the Stars.
    About a young girl who refuses to believe that her younger brother has died from cancer.
    She tells everyone around her what wonderful things he is doing.
    Heartbreaking & amazingly effective..

And this Kurdish film is just amazing. One minute you're laughing, next minute you're the total opposite...
    As with his previous film A Time for Drunken Horses. Real life kids acting in fucked up environments probably not that different than their own lives...

I did cry in English Patient when his wife was left behind in the cave. MY ex-wife had just gone overseas...

I rarely find US films effective. Far too schmaltzy & overplayed.

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts
    cosign on Dumbo and Life is Beautiful!

There is this one episode of Futurama, where Fry finds the grave of his brother that always makes me cry.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    damn nobody mentioned

short circuit 2.

puppets, cartoons, and robots.

something about bad things happening to the innocent really do it for me.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts

Seeing optimus prime die never failed to get me choked when i was a youngun.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Forgot about Elephant man, too sad too sad. The end of Straight Story welled me up as well.

This got to me as well, Emily Watson is truly in this film.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Boys Don't Cry was crazy, had me freaking out and getting all aggro more than crying.

I haven't seen BDC, but I had a similar reaction to

I saw it with a girlfriend in Stockholm who is an active feminist. I didn't really know much about it in advance, so my expectations were low. Needless to say, I was COMPLETELY floored by it. I didn't cry during the movie, I was just in a state of shock.

When the film was over, my girlfriend was like "yeah, those were some really bad guys, let's go to my place and eat some pizza", but I was still dumbfounded and deeply moved. I told her I had to take a walk, so I went to the nearby woods, found a private spot and went apeshit, smashing logs, big branches and small trees whilst crying and screaming my ass off. About half an hour later I was good again, but I still get teary when I think of this film.

That was the last time I was moved to tears by a film. I can't go for that tinseltown manipulative stuff. It's too obvious. Even Lars Von Trier who is our local hero, leaves me completely cold when he does the euro equivalent (which is 75% of the time, post '95). Poop coloured sets and costumes does not not automatically make a film legit in my book. Stuff like 'Dancer In The Dark' is just as melodramatic and calculated as any Hollywood dreck.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Boys Don't Cry was crazy, had me freaking out and getting all aggro more than crying.

I haven't seen BDC, but I had a similar reaction to

I saw it with a girlfriend in Stockholm who is an active feminist. I didn't really know much about it in advance, so my expectations were low. Needless to say, I was COMPLETELY floored by it. I didn't cry during the movie, I was just in a state of shock.

When the film was over, my girlfriend was like "yeah, those were some really bad guys, let's go to my place and eat some pizza", but I was still dumbfounded and deeply moved. I told her I had to take a walk, so I went to the nearby woods, found a private spot and went apeshit, smashing logs, big branches and small trees whilst crying and screaming my ass off. About half an hour later I was good again, but I still get teary when I think of this film.

SPOILERS[/b]

My BF too. I could feel him getting upset as we were watching it and by the time she gets locked up in Sweden and is raped in the bathroom, he lost it and walked out of the living room. If there were woods by our place - I think he would have done like you. He watched the rest of it the next day and thinks it's a fantastic film, as do I.

I haven't see Hole in my Heart, but I love Moodysson's other films. It's interesting how he is getting darker and darker with every film.

Oh yea - I cried a lot at the end of Menace II Society.