'13-'14 NBA SEASON Where feelings get hurt

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    batmon said:
    Spoelstra and Vogel are former tape/video managers.
    They know their Xs and O's and are far from rolling the ball out.
    Miami's trapping Defense is a machine.

oh i know, but spoelstra is nailing that down in practice. he's not moving chess pieces mid game.

vogel either ISN'T doing this, or he's lost the room.

Vogel isnt the problem.

The Pacers were a Hunting Team...chasing the Heat, Bulls, rebuilding after the O'Brian experiment.
    They did their best when the media wasnt hyping them up and giving The Knicks, Bulls, and whomever attention.
    When the lights focused on them and they became the HUNTED, they couldnt handle the weight...Off and On the court.

Hibbert is their highest paid player. Dude has always been a little sensitive and this new "position/East#1" has fucked his whole shit up.
    Dude cant even play defense anymore much less score.
    Overhyped too fast after beating up on Joel Anthony & Tyson Chandler in a years long weak Eastern Conference.

• Hibbert is shooting 18% in the paint, which is astoundingly brutal for someone 7'+, but the hawks were shooting 30% from the field at half last night, and went into the dressing room with the LEAD. you match that with the fact that ATL only get 4 offensive boards in the whole game and you have to start to think that this isn't about keeping the ball out of one crumbling players hands, but that the problem is systemic. a lot of things happened to the team and it's players between the all star game and now, but i don't see this team staying together next year, let alone taking out the 8 seed this year.

vintageinfants said:
    Hibbert is shooting 18% in the paint, which is astoundingly brutal for someone 7'+, but the hawks were shooting 30% from the field at half last night, and went into the dressing room with the LEAD. you match that with the fact that ATL only get 4 offensive boards in the whole game and you have to start to think that this isn't about keeping the ball out of one crumbling players hands, but that the problem is systemic. a lot of things happened to the team and it's players between the all star game and now, but i don't see this team staying together next year, let alone taking out the 8 seed this year.

Its not about just Hibbert, but when your Defensive Anchor is "out of it" on a team whose bread-n-butter is Defense, that plays a large part in the machine.

• by the way, people talmbout how raptors in the playoffs hurts television ratings??

we might see atlanta vs washington in the second round.

:shitty:

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Pacers needed a veteran, a leader with championship experience. Should have made the Terry/Evans trade with Brooklyn. Both players would have been a perfect fit.

Memphis and OKC are the two best teams in the West when healthy.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Mark Jackson is still a bum

edpowers said:
    Pacers needed a veteran, a leader with championship experience..

Mahimi has a ring, and West is a Vet-leader w/ no deep Playoff exp.

These things didnt factor last year being close to Finals.

Youth can fuck shit up.

Thats why I was against the Granger dump. Locker Room quality diminished.

And who does Lance have a scuffle w/?.......Turner (who i like, but goes from wack team to elite overnight.......).

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    batmon said:
    I would think most X and O coaches work on crunch time plays.

I dont think John Stockton is looking over his shoulder at Sloan to execute the offense in crunch-time.

MJ told Jackson what to do.

OKC needs to let Jackson run the Point and Westbrook slide to the SG for a little bit.
    Westbrook is athletic enuff to guard most twos in this league if they went small ball.

:real_headz:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    batmon said:
    edpowers said:

Youth can fuck shit up.

And who does Lance have a scuffle w/?.......Turner (who i like, but goes from wack team to elite overnight.......).

Hey Batmon,

The #1 problem with Indiana is that they don't have a strong floor general. George Hill at the PG is :weaksauce: . I mean, you can't run an offense that contains Paul George (one of the best offensive players in the league), Roy Hibbert (a decent big), David West (a good PF with a great set of offensive skills and toughness), and Lance Stephenson (sure, he's a headcase, but does have some decent offensive talent)? Hell, you could put (a diminished) Jason Kidd from 5 years ago on that same team and they would reach the finals! Losing Grainger isn't the main issue here as the team has too much talent to be playing so shitty against the Atlanta Hawks of all teams. That shit is insane!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

edpowers said:
    Mark Jackson is still a bum

"Live by the 3-pointer, die by the 3-pointer" (ask Reggie Miller). Those 'parking lot' shots don't fall as well when the pressure's on, especially with a young, inexperience playoff team like Golden State. Championships are won in the painted area.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Big_Stacks said:
    batmon said:
    edpowers said:

Youth can fuck shit up.

Hey Batmon,

The #1 problem with Indiana is that they don't have a strong floor general. George Hill at the PG is :weaksauce: . I mean, you can't run an offense that contains Paul George (one of the best offensive players in the league), Roy Hibbert (a decent big), David West (a good PF with a great set of offensive skills and toughness), and Lance Stephenson (sure, he's a headcase, but does have some decent offensive talent)? Hell, you could put (a diminished) Jason Kidd from 5 years ago on that same team and they would reach the finals! Losing Grainger isn't the main issue here as the team has too much talent to be playing so shitty against the Atlanta Hawks of all teams. That shit is insane!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Yeah...I agree they need a pure point. Thats why CJ Watson has taken Hill's minutes.
    Hill doesnt like being called a Point. He's prefers just Guard.
    They beat OKC when Hill slid over to the 2 and was able to just score and be agressive, vs decision making.

Turner, Watson, and Lance are better distributors.

I give Atlanta credit. Theyve exploited the matchup.
    Hibbert is drawn away from the basket, Teague is penetrating at will , and their shooters are given enuff space to bomb away.
    And they all can shoot from 1 thru 5.

Indy can usually counter w/ inside play but they cant get the ball inside w/ lackluster distribution along w/ Hibbert failing to finish.

This implosion is multi-faceted and there isnt one solution to righting the ship.

Hey,

The Pacers just dodged a bullet, faux rillz!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Holy shit that Dallas - San Antonio game was awesome. That's what playoff basketball is all about.

motown67 said:
    Holy shit that Dallas - San Antonio game was awesome. That's what playoff basketball is all about.

:shit_yeah: Monta Ellis is a fucking stud! Dallas wouldn't have been in position for Carter to hit the game winner if Ellis wasn't straight beastin' hittin' 'big boy' shots down the stretch.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Donald Sterling.....oh my oh my.........

Worse look ever if that tape is confirmed to be Sterling's real voice.

Pretty much Baron Davis's comments though on how he was treated by Sterling speaks volumes though.

Doc Rivers.......on how he is reacting to this....THAT is a damn great coach....more respect for an already HOF coach.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Here here to coach Van Gundy! Stir some shit up about that idiot Sterling. Clippers should have put duct tape over their jersey's covering up Clippers.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    motown67 said:
    Here here to coach Van Gundy! Stir some shit up about that idiot Sterling. Clippers should have put duct tape over their jersey's covering up Clippers.

No, the worst thing anyone could do is blame/punish the team. The team must be supported as they have had to deal with this idiot for a long time. Being associated with this guy is embarrassment enough. The Clippers existed before Sterling and they will go on after Sterling. Sterling should have to take Clippers off his name.

The NBA commission should deal with this in the harshest manner in the next few days or they are soft. All other NBA owners need to drop their rich boy club garbage and demand Sterling sells the team. Jordon has spoken out but I think a lot of white owner are keeping their mouth shut. Even Cuban said he didn't want to comment and that guy is a big mouth.

Sterling is a total embarrassment to humanity and proves the slave owner mentality still exist in big business. Conspiracy theory indeed!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    There's plenty more from the girl that obviously set him up......I see more of an insecure old man, not being able to deal with a hot gf who is all about the young, hip, outlandish LA celebrity scene......

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/27/clippers-players-protest-shirts-red_n_5223017.html

This is tangential, but the Sterling Foundation or whatever takes up a whole page of the LA Times sports section every now and then, with prominent members of the black community in it. To me, that's always struck me as weird......In hindsight, it's almost like a business/PR move to better his image.

Kenny Smith said it best that "racism is a refuge for ignorance".

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    yuichi said:
    There's plenty more from the girl that obviously set him up......I see more of an insecure old man, not being able to deal with a hot gf who is all about the young, hip, outlandish LA celebrity scene......

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/27/clippers-players-protest-shirts-red_n_5223017.html

This is tangential, but the Sterling Foundation or whatever takes up a whole page of the LA Times sports section every now and then, with prominent members of the black community in it. To me, that's always struck me as weird......In hindsight, it's almost like a business/PR move to better his image.

Kenny Smith said it best that "racism is a refuge for ignorance".

An insecure old man? You almost sound like your defending him. Obviously he had people fooled because the NAACP was set to give him an award.

Yes, she set him up to be recorded but he's a scumbag who literally thinks like a slave owner. An ad in a paper doesn't change who he is.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Fuck Donald Sterling...

My stupid/spectator/laymen assumption as to how this will ultimately play out:

I assume the Commish will pull Sterling aside and essentially say "the best I can do is allow you to relinquish your ownership of this team...you can make it look like it was ultimately your decision; otherwise it will get ugly"...

Then, Donald will have an opportunity to announce something like "[this was a big miscommunication but the city and the franchise deserve to have minimal distraction while this is all sorted out....I am confidant that my name and my love for all people regardless of color will be illustrated in the coming weeks but again the city of LA and the franchise deserve to be separated from this trying situation]"...

I don't know how long the process will take or who would end up with the team but I can't imagine that the NBA or the Clippers will be able to have this dude hold any form of ownership in the league.

• you can't force someone to sell their business based on something they say. anyone who thinks that this is a possibility is outside of their mind, it goes against the first amendment laws that you americans hold so dear, up to and including someone's right to say racist things if they want to. he CAN be pressured to do something like step down or ask him to sell his majority stake, but thinking you can force someone to sell and walk away from a business they've owned for 30 years just because they're a pilled up, toxic, bigoted, delusional, anachronistic dumpster fire reminder of america's past you're fucking kidding yourself.

best case scenario: we just stop hearing about him.

Supension and back in a year.

A while ago either Motown or somebody who hatted on The Clippers said their success with be short lived since theyll find a way to fuck it up.

This fucks with the franchises money in the long term and the NBAs.

Do the Owners ostracize this dude or turn the other way?

meanwhile the Warriors might change BACK from Golden State to the San Francisco Warriors........

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:

A while ago either Motown or somebody who hatted on The Clippers said their success with be short lived since theyll find a way to fuck it up.

I wanna know what this guy did to deserve the NAACP Lifetime Achievement Award?

Rockadelic said:
    batmon said:

I wanna know what this guy did to deserve the NAACP Lifetime Achievement Award?

haha.....$$$$$$$$

• i'd also like to know.... how much of toronto are you guys actually seeing down there? still basically nothing at all media wise?

any coverage of there being more people outside of our arena for away games than inside the barclay?

Rest in Peace Dr. Jack Ramsey....loved his game commentaries.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    batmon said:
    meanwhile the Warriors might change BACK from Golden State to the San Francisco Warriors........

man, I support this I guess but it's bittersweet. I been wanting them to go by the Oakland Warriors since I was a kid.