'13-'14 NBA SEASON Where feelings get hurt

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Johnny weelittle, stay in your lane. Grown ass men trollin on the internet. Damn shame.

Stacks, really?

Hey Yuichi,

You know damn well that Kobe has never seen a shot he doesn't like. As far as CP goes, he's the real deal. The Clippers' problem is in the half-court. They don't execute well enough on either the offensive or defensive end. Because of that, they depend way too heavily on transition buckets to outscore versus shut down their opponents. Until they learn to play half-court, they will NEVER beat the Thunder or Spurs in a 7-game series. This is not a CP problem, but a Clippers team problem. You've confused a symptom for the cause.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:
    yuichi said:
    Johnny weelittle, stay in your lane. Grown ass men trollin on the internet. Damn shame.

Stacks, really?

Hey Yuichi,

You know damn well that Kobe has never seen a shot he doesn't like. As far as CP goes, he's the real deal. The Clippers' problem is in the half-court. They don't execute well enough on either the offensive or defensive end. Because of that, they depend way too heavily on transition buckets to outscore versus shut down their opponents. Until they learn to play half-court, they will NEVER beat the Thunder or Spurs in a 7-game series. This is not a CP problem, but a Clippers team problem. You've confused a symptom for the cause.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

It is a CP problem.....the guy holding the rock for 12 seconds out of 24 seconds.

Like I've said, I've watched more Clipper games this year and last than the combined of these poasters. And I notice a SIGFNIFICANT difference in how long he is in possession compared to the first half of the season. Your ordinary ESPN-highlight-watching-fan will not notice this. Right now, I guess he's trying to "move off the ball", but this is clearly not his game. His is a two man game.

Clearly, Doc is trying to changes thing trying to get CP to get open off the ball, but that is not his game. It will not work. When the last time you see Melo set a screen to get ANOTHER GUY open? Same shit.

Swap Rondo or Shaun Livingston for CP, and you'll see a more cohesive unit. Hard to call this Clippers team, "cohesive".

If it doesn't work THIS year, it's never gonna work.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    vintageinfants said:
    you guys are letting the fact that raw evidence suggests that Chris Paul is a direct influence on a minimum of 23 points for teammates on any given night distract you from how much of a ball hog he is.

kobe 'fuck trayvon' bryant is the real team player you guys.

Direct influence on 23 points....WOW. Did you actually look at that link you posted, with CP being in the top 5 of dudes with the rock? Some stats shit you posted that basically proved my point? Like I said, I ain't arguing this point, because we obviously view the game differently.

How many Clipper games have yall dudes actually watched though? I've watched like 30~40 on and off throughout the season.

Youve watched 40 of 70 games yet you dont rep them?

Or have you watched 50 to 60 Lakers games and LAC is just the local alternative?

Top 5 dudes with the rock = Bog hog?

No I don't rep them. It's on when I get home. Not much I've seen has impressed me, except for Blake's improvement. As a collective, eh...

jesus. you mentioned "ball hog". The point I have been TRYING to make is that, he gets his 10 dimes, while controlling the flow of the ball. It stops with him. He does not make the pass that leads to the pass that leads to a bucket. Get this? It is much more unpredictable and effective when there are more threats on the court....

The level of talent the Clippers have right now is equivalent to a Mike Bibby-era Kings. They had C. Webb, Turkoglu, Vlade, Doug Christie, Bobby Jackson. They were like 2 points away from a Finals berth and would have been the champs. It's on Chris Paul, if they don't make it deep, this year or next. And what's his track record?

Just because he doesnt make the hockey assist doesnt make him a ballhog.
    U dont like his style of play...fine....but to say its the be all to end all in him getting it to work with his team isnt set in stone.

There are plenty of scoring PG in the history of the NBA that were successful.
    Payton wasnt the distributor that Stockton was, but both made the Finals.
    Kevin Johnson got his points and made the Finals.
    Terry Porter made the Finals with Portland.
    Mark Jackson is a great passer and lost in the Finals.
    Ive already placed AI as an example of a real ballhog and he made it to The Finals.

Your hockey assists bullshit is just that. Its not the ONE determining factor for a successful PG.
    If one doesnt play the game the way you see it isnt the measure.

This is these guys third year together, not one year have we gone to the playoffs saying "this is a contender", and we had a guy who was at BEST an average coach the past two seasons along with rosters with clear flaws that we expressed (no high level wing defender, no big who can shoot, not to mention poor/unreliable defensive system). We've gone saying if EVERYTHING works out this team will do well, but let's be realistic, that's just being fans, and not being realistic.

So I think we need to sort of step back and see the bigger picture of how winning teams operate.

You know when Shaq became a Laker? 96-97:
    Second round loss 4-1
    Conference Finals sweep
    Second round sweep

That was his first 3 seasons as a Laker. Then...sign Phil Jackson along with Kobe becoming a higher level player. I think a lot of us as fans have patience issues. We don't really get how building a contender / championship team works most of the time. Maybe because of the recent examples of Boston and Miami who had instant success, but the reality is that it's not how it really works.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    vintageinfants said:
    you guys are letting the fact that raw evidence suggests that Chris Paul is a direct influence on a minimum of 23 points for teammates on any given night distract you from how much of a ball hog he is.

Direct influence on 23 points....WOW. Did you actually look at that link you posted, with CP being in the top 5 of dudes with the rock? Some stats shit you posted that basically proved my point? Like I said, I ain't arguing this point, because we obviously view the game differently.

How many Clipper games have yall dudes actually watched though? I've watched like 30~40 on and off throughout the season.

Or have you watched 50 to 60 Lakers games and LAC is just the local alternative?

No I don't rep them. It's on when I get home. Not much I've seen has impressed me, except for Blake's improvement. As a collective, eh...

jesus. you mentioned "ball hog". The point I have been TRYING to make is that, he gets his 10 dimes, while controlling the flow of the ball. It stops with him. He does not make the pass that leads to the pass that leads to a bucket. Get this? It is much more unpredictable and effective when there are more threats on the court....

The level of talent the Clippers have right now is equivalent to a Mike Bibby-era Kings. They had C. Webb, Turkoglu, Vlade, Doug Christie, Bobby Jackson. They were like 2 points away from a Finals berth and would have been the champs. It's on Chris Paul, if they don't make it deep, this year or next. And what's his track record?

U dont like his style of play...fine....but to say its the be all to end all in him getting it to work with his team isnt set in stone.

Ive already placed AI as an example of a real ballhog and he made it to The Finals.

Your hockey assists bullshit is just that. Its not the ONE determining factor for a successful PG.

That's what separates the good from the great. The Hockey assist......

http://stats.nba.com/playerTrackingTouches.html?pageNo=1&rowsPerPage=25&sortField=TCH&sortOrder=DES
    How many of these guys are on a team that is a SERIOUS contender? This pretty much is what I've observed all year long.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    vintageinfants said:

That's what separates the good from the great. The Hockey assist......

http://stats.nba.com/playerTrackingTouches.html?pageNo=1&rowsPerPage=25&sortField=TCH&sortOrder=DES
    How many of these guys are on a team that is a SERIOUS contender? This pretty much is what I've observed all year long.

Nash and Iverson have the same amount of Rings.

Exactly. And Paul will probably fall into this category. He's overrated.

yuichi said:
    Exactly. And Paul will probably fall into this category. He's overrated.

So Nash and AI are just good not great Hall of Fame players???

You reallly like to argue to the death. jesus.

Maybe I will appreciate him when he retires too. But for now, he's overrated. and I rarely use that word.

yuichi said:

Maybe I will appreciate him when he retires too. But for now, he's overrated. and I rarely use that word.

dude...you said the honkey assist is what separates the good from the great.

AI isnt great to u.....just good. your logic.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

That's why Tony Parker and Chauncey Billups are champions.

AI is a great scorer.

btw, not all HOF'ers are equals either. That shit is just a popularity contest.

GREAT players don't force the action like a Melo or Paul. Ask about that one.

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

That's why Tony Parker and Chauncey Billups are champions.

AI is a great scorer.

GREAT players don't force the action like a Melo or Paul. Ask about that one.

Nash is just a two time MVP good player, who made the honkey assist, YET isnt a champion.

So what's your point?

I'm talking about as far as anchoring a championship team.....He's not gonna do that. Peace. I'd rather have Mario Chalmers do the job.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    yuichi said:
    So what's your point?

I'm talking about as far as anchoring a championship team.....He's not gonna do that. Peace. I'd rather have Mario Chalmers do the job.

Hey Yuichi,.

Isiah Thomas was a scoring PG and won two rings. Scoring PGs can win! The Pistons played amazing half-court ball at both ends of the floor, unlike the Clippers. The Cliopers' management has chosen to assemble a bunch of athletes instead of heady role players (like the Spurs' line-up) who can execute in the half-court. Why do you think much of their roster has played on a bunch of teams? The Clippers need to learn how to play possession basketball. Run-and-gun does not win rings...PERIOD!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

yuichi said:
    So what's your point?

Do have to repeat your shit logic?

The Honkey Assist is what separates Good players from Great players....is your statement.

Then when I give examples of two players that did and didnt but are both Hall of Fame players(which equate more than good players)..... You raise the bar to "leading the team to a championship".

GTFOHWTB.

Dont even bother to respond.

Im sick of trying to have a coherent convo w/ u.

Big_Stacks said:
    yuichi said:
    So what's your point?

Hey Yuichi,.

Isiah Thomas was a scoring PG and won two rings. Scoring PGs can win! The Pistons played amazing half-court ball at both ends of the floor, unlike the Clippers. The Cliopers' management has chosen to assemble a bunch of athletes instead of heady role players (like the Spurs' line-up) who can execute in the half-court. Why do you think much of their roster has played on a bunch of teams? The Clippers need to learn how to play possession basketball. Run-and-gun does not win rings...PERIOD!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

One Finals appearance and done. That's how I see his career.

Even Doc can't fix how these pieces simply do not fit. And it all starts with the guy controlling the ball........

I'm sure yall have gotten the point. He is not my type of point guard......Let's start calling "Great PG" after he gets past the second round......which he has never done.

btw, I agree that Run-and-gun rarely wins. Never been a fan of that shit, even while playing. Equivalent of trading buckets.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    So what's your point?

Do have to repeat your shit logic?

The Honkey Assist is what separates Good players from Great players....is your statement.

Then when I give examples of two players that did and didnt but are both Hall of Fame players(which equate more than good players)..... You raise the bar to "leading the team to a championship".

GTFOHWTB.

Dont even bother to respond.

Im sick of trying to have a coherent convo w/ u.

Here's your answer. I laid it out for you. Now read it, absorb it. Educate yourself.

Knew when to pick his spots. Can make the clutch three. Spaces the floor. Floor. General. Calm, cool, collected.

smdh. four guys wanting the ball, while he prances around.

• word coming down from executives that the brooklyn nets are willing to concede games and drop to 6th in order to get the raptors in the first round instead of the bulls. i suspect the league's desire to have it's "superstars" through to the next round will usurp the games integrity, for the thousandth time.

it's not going to be the lakers/kings heist of 02, but id suggest monitoring the FTA column of the boxscore.

• 15-3 in first half FTA.

• i'm going to break something

• what the fuck

• BILL

a Mozgov = 29 rebounds

• there is A LOT of this kind of thing happening up here. if i had to use a word, it might be "lubricated".

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    There are some great match ups in the Western playoffs. Unfortunately I'm afraid my Warriors are playing so inconsistent that they might go out in the first round against the Clippers. Not to mention Bogut has a cracked rib so I'm not sure he's going to play.

• dead ass

watch the FTA statline. and of course KGs special brand of moving screens.

plaese to report to the conspiracy theory thread

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Answer this, Batmon - do the refs or do they not wear the same colors as the Nets? Coincidence?

I totally forgot that Salmons is on the Raptors but they're barely on national TV since the NBA likes to hide them away for the refs to do their dirty work.