'13-'14 NBA SEASON Where feelings get hurt

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    [KD is a cool dude but his country ass cant dress .

Dude isn't from Durant(Doo-Rant) Oklahoma....he's from D.C.!!!!

D.C. is country.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

D.C. is country.

Oh shit....spoken like a true New Yorker

D.C. is country.

Oh shit....spoken like a true New Yorker

City of Newark = Country
    City of Baltimore = Country
    City of Richmond = Country

can i get a Wizards bandwagon?

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts

D.C. is country.

D.C. is weird...was born there in 82 lived there until 90 and then lived in Montgomery County through highschool; about 20 minutes outside of the District...the place has a bit of an identity crisis and the nation certainly has no idea how to classify people from there.

When I'm in the South I'm called a yankee and when I'm up north I'm called country.

The real issue is...can I start to get kind of excited about the future of The Bullets for the first time ever in my 32 year life (fuck the Gilbet years...) or is this just what happens when an 'aight team plays a team that has a chronically injured team leader?

Plus...it seems like game 2 could have gone either way.

EDIT:

B/w

The Bullets look good against an elite defense team that cant score.

In the end, the youngsters are gaining Playoff experience.
    Just build from there. You got legit big men, a defenive wing veteran in Ariza and a scoring backcourt pair.

Just gel and build....and no one gets injured in the next 3 years.

Very nice future.

Wall has finally shaken off the rookie shit and seems ready to graduate to the elite PG status that dudes overhyped him out the gate 2 be.

• this is the playoffs where bradley beal decides if he's going to be pippen or iguodala

My boss asked me about the Pro-Nets/Anti-Raptors Refs Conspiracy.

I was like....OH snap!

• batmon said:
    My boss asked me about the Pro-Nets/Anti-Raptors Refs Conspiracy.

I was like....OH snap!

it's kind of a thing.... i dont REALLY buy into the whole "the league is against us mannnnnn" part of it, i just hate that something like a "reputation call" exists, or "make up calls".... just call the game straight and it would be a lot easier for everyone.

if i had never seen a basketball game before in my life and just started to watch the game at the beginning of these playoffs, i would have NO IDEA what the rules are. theres two different sets of rules at each end of the floor in every series. GSW got screwed in game 2, steph curry got absolutely MANGLED on 4 straight trips to the hoop and no calls.... and the late whistles on home teams only AFTER they've missed the shot have been rampant as well...... it's just a painful existence being a modern basketball fan.

b/w

Tim Donaghy attended Cardinal O'Hara High School in Springfield, Pennsylvania[4] along with three other NBA referees: Joe Crawford, Mike Callahan, and Ed Malloy.

tell me how this is possible.

• playoff Aldridge is terrifying good. if he gets the big man-less Mavs in the next round it's going to be a massacre.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Blazers are looking great.
    Or maybe Houston is looking not so good.

What I saw during the season was, if you double teamed the ball you could beat the Blazers.
    Houston has not tried that yet.

b/w

Houston has looked terrible at the end of the first 2 games, especially last night when they didn't seem to realize that they needed to score quickly.

• walter_chron said:

the lancer cancer is marrow deep

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I gave the Maverick's no chance....thought they would be lucky to stretch it to 5 games with the Spurs.

But last night they made the Spurs look old and without any depth.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:
    batmon said:
    Pacers did Granger wrong. But I understand the move. Cap room to secure Stephenson.

I was hoping that he would stay w/ the second until throughout the Playoffs.

Dude kept the franchise afloat during the post-brawl+O'Brian years and in a "nice/perfect" world he reaps the benefits.

Where does Turner play? Off the bench? Insurance in case Lance leaves for more money?

Hey Batmon,

I think dealing Granger was a great move, as I don't think his health will hold-up for the duration of a longer-term deal. He's 30 (or 31, I think) so I don't think there is a lot more mileage left on his already compromised tires. He could end up becoming (to a lesser degree) Amare Stoudamire on the Knicks, a banged-up player with a long-term deal who provides marginal contributions to success. Also, Evan Turner can give the Pacers some quality minutes off the bench owing to his playoff experience and sound overall game.

On another note, I think the Lakers were stupid in signing Kobe Bryant for 2 more years. He will never play out that time on his pretty much busted tires. The Lakers have more than gotten their worth out of Kobe, so they should've let his contract expire and move on. Sentamentaility is great and all, but at the end of the day, sports franchises are businesses. Success is the name of the game, and with that in mind, hard decisions must be made to ensure long-term team viability. Eddie DeBartolo used this shrewd strategy expertly in managing the aging 1990s 49ers.

Here's another one: The OKC Thunder should've dealt Russell Westbrook before the trade deadline. He is an abysmal playmaker and the Thunder will NEVER win a title with him at the point. Reggie Jackson is the PG of the team, period! Their record since Westbrook's return says it all.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Hey,

Westbrook is killing his own team (atrocious half-court execution and decision-making). Mark my above words about the Thunder's championship fortunes with Westbrook at the point. The Thunder are in trouble with the Grizzlies, who have been executing their attack amazingly.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

walter_chron said:

Hey Larry thanx for releasing my old and non productive ass........

Sincerely Danny

ps...i got a good shot at the second round.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    crazy game between LAC and GSW.......

Steph got hit at the end there though.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    A once good team like the Pacers falling apart like this is probably the worst in recent memory.....Is Lance Stephenson really the rotten apple?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    That was the Warriors best chance to come back in this series. I don't think they'll win another game. With no Bogut we can't control the paint.

yuichi said:
    A once good team like the Pacers falling apart like this is probably the worst in recent memory.....Is Lance Stephenson really the rotten apple?

Im not seeing how Lance being an asshole effects Hibbert's evaporated offense.

And how they cant make an entry pass into the post or make Hill a better distributor.

Regular Season Dont Mean Shit.

batmon said:

Regular Season Dont Mean Shit.

Truth!

B/w

To anyone who watched the LAC/GSW game three...Was Curry fouled at the end and (if you think he was) should it have been called; allowing The Warriors to possibly win it at the line?

I think it was, by the absolute letter of the rule, a foul but not one worth calling.

EDIT: Plusthatshitwasntgoiginwithorwithoutcontactandyouknowthatshit....

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Curry tried to jump into Paul and initiate a foul. I don't think it worked and it was right not to call anything.

motown67 said:
    Curry tried to jump into Paul and initiate a foul. I don't think it worked and it was right not to call anything.

Actually, I don't see that at all...I would have expected that but when you watch the replay I don't see Curry doing anything but going straight up for a shot after setting up a crazy jump back shot.

Peep...it's towards the end around the 3:52 mark.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/playoffs/2014/04/24/0021300163-lac-gsw-recap.nba

The seeds of questionable play have been w/ the Pacers all year. So this implosion isnt a big surprise.
    Despite getting the highest seed, they still were going to have issues w/ Miami, and I doubt they were fuckin w/ The Spurs & OKC.

And speaking of OKC....for an elite team with the "best" scoring superstar, if they get bumped thats an uglier look IMO.
    Were pretty much waiting/banking for the scoring PG Westbrook to figure out how to get his team involved, feed Durant, score when needed, and play defense, after how many seasons in the league.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    batmon said:
    The seeds of questionable play have been w/ the Pacers all year. So this implosion isnt a big surprise.
    Despite getting the highest seed, they still were going to have issues w/ Miami, and I doubt they were fuckin w/ The Spurs & OKC.

And speaking of OKC....for an elite team with the "best" scoring superstar, if they get bumped thats an uglier look IMO.
    Were pretty much waiting/banking for the scoring PG Westbrook to figure out how to get his team involved, feed Durant, score when needed, and play defense, after how many seasons in the league.

Hey Batmon,

Coming from a former high-school PG (1,000 years ago), basketball is a thinking man's game. Athleticism alone (e.g., Russell Westbrook, run-and-gun regular season standouts) will not garner titles. At the end of the day, the playoffs are ALL about execution on both ends of the floor. Every possession matters, and on that point, Westbrook is fucking clueless. His decision-making during OT was downright disgusting.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Hey Stacks,
    How much of end of game decision making comes from the coach?
    How much from the players?
    Are the players watching the coach and is coach calling plays?

I would think most X and O coaches work on crunch time plays.

I dont think John Stockton is looking over his shoulder at Sloan to execute the offense in crunch-time.

MJ told Jackson what to do.

OKC needs to let Jackson run the Point and Westbrook slide to the SG for a little bit.
    Westbrook is athletic enuff to guard most twos in this league if they went small ball.

• yeah... coaches usually coach to their players.... the bulls peak over at thibadeau and chris paul gets chats in during free throws. from everything i can surmise, scott brooks is just rolling the ball out onto the court in OKC and the same thing from vogel in indiana. you do must of your coaching before the game, but it's very important to get match ups right in the playoffs. i've been watching dwane casey getting outcoached on match ups so far in playoffs until he finally started getting it right in 4th quarter of game 2. i also dont think spoelstra is drawing things up in miami either, if you dont know that it's going to lebron on a flare or a double screen then you shouldnt have the ball in your hands.

b/w

#BUCKFROOKLYN

Spoelstra and Vogel are former tape/video managers.
    They know their Xs and O's and are far from rolling the ball out.
    Miami's trapping Defense is a machine.

• batmon said:
    Spoelstra and Vogel are former tape/video managers.
    They know their Xs and O's and are far from rolling the ball out.
    Miami's trapping Defense is a machine.

oh i know, but spoelstra is nailing that down in practice. he's not moving chess pieces mid game.

vogel either ISN'T doing this, or he's lost the room.