Things you see that annoy the crap out of you

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    edith head said:
    people talking about harmony korine shocking audiences still like it's 1997

Yes.

hearing about rihanna

Absolutely--especially when it's couched in terms of "OMG, Rihanna is such a badass!"

excessive hashtag usage

Holy fucking shit yes! The more hashtags you use, the stupider you are.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    edith head said:
    people talking about harmony korine shocking audiences still like it's 1997

Yes.

hearing about rihanna

Absolutely--especially when it's couched in terms of "OMG, Rihanna is such a badass!"

excessive hashtag usage

Holy fucking shit yes! The more hashtags you use, the stupider you are.

haha, i see you agreed with everything except my complaining about bob costas rapping!

i've attached a still

when people make that stupid duckface when posing for "selfie" pictures.

(((((HULKSMASH)))))

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    prof_rockwell said:
    ppadilha said:
    you want to maximize comfort for that part of your day. Isn't this why we live in an advanced society?

I personally prefer over style, but it won't bug me too much if it's under. I get more annoyed when the dispenser is placed poorly, like if it's way behind you or just out of reach.

If maximizing comfort that part of the day is really that important to you, then you'll sync your schedule up so that you only have to shit when you're at home. Preferably in the morning right before you hit the shower.

I've got my routine down, trust me. Anyway, the TP isn't that big an issue to me, I would only argue about it on the internet not IRL.

b/w

Harmony Korine = glue sniffer's Godard

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    Vintageinfants recent influx of dumb replies with gems like "poop lion" and thinking the forum needs to know he owns low top sneakers with the air bubble just in the heel. And nobody saying shit about it.

People typing BOOM after a seemingly profound statement.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Thraed Bumps.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    Vintageinfants recent influx of dumb replies with gems like "poop lion" and thinking the forum needs to know he owns low top sneakers with the air bubble just in the heel. And nobody saying shit about it.

It's all about the bubble.

The term "asshurt".

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    edith head said:
    when people make that stupid duckface when posing for "selfie" pictures.

(((((HULKSMASH)))))

duck-face.. i dont get it but ok.
    but why you dont clean your mirror before taking the foto!

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    News headlines that pose questions. "North Korea A Threat?", "Economy Rebounding?", "Murder Rate Down?"... Why are you asking me, the reader, a question? I am reading your damn article so I can be informed. Silly, but I feel irritable today.

fejmelba said:

www.google.com

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    prof_rockwell said:
    ppadilha said:
    you want to maximize comfort for that part of your day. Isn't this why we live in an advanced society?

I personally prefer over style, but it won't bug me too much if it's under. I get more annoyed when the dispenser is placed poorly, like if it's way behind you or just out of reach.

If maximizing comfort that part of the day is really that important to you, then you'll sync your schedule up so that you only have to shit when you're at home. Preferably in the morning right before you hit the shower.

I've got my routine down, trust me. Anyway, the TP isn't that big an issue to me, I would only argue about it on the internet not

Toilet paper actually on the dispenser roll? That's a luxury not afforded to parents of young children. If you think that's bad, how about having to unlock the toilet everytime you need to use it.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    edith head said:
    fejmelba said:

www.google.com
    i know what a duck face is
    but i dont get why girls think its atractive.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    I am a nor cali guy and I cannot stand hearing the words "hello", "legit", "bro", or "dude"

I would say "legit" bothers me the most (for reasons being, I think it has to do with every knuckle headed juggalo i've ever heard speak, they say that damn word. Is the word "legitimate" to many syllables for them to say, I will never know.

Been a minute strut fam. How's things?

People who use that feature in elevators where you can hold down the "door close" button and it will zoom past every floor, even if there are people waiting for it on other floors. More specifically, the people in my building who use that feature.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Not liking the word "hello" is a new one.

I do not like the british pronunciation of 'schedule' or 'weekend' for some reason.

I guess it doesn't annoy 'the crap' out of me though.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    People who use that feature in elevators where you can hold down the "door close" button and it will zoom past every floor, even if there are people waiting for it on other floors. More specifically, the people in my building who use that feature.

In NYC it's illegal to have the elevator programmed that way.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    age said:
    I am a nor cali guy and I cannot stand hearing the words "hello", "legit", "bro", or "dude"

I would say "legit" bothers me the most (for reasons being, I think it has to do with every knuckle headed juggalo i've ever heard speak, they say that damn word. Is the word "legitimate" to many syllables for them to say, I will never know.

Been a minute strut fam. How's things?

Short hand speak is annoying. BTW you used the words "nor" "cali" "fam" and "been a minute" in your complaint about people talking in short hand. Congrats!

• people's ever increasing sense of entitlement and accompanying indignation

inefficiencies/bureaucracy

people who smuggle/eat threatened species

the war on drugs, the resultant costs and incarceration of users or bottom tier dealers

the term "boat people"

middle "classists"

toyota camrys with after market gold badges

shitty media trends and the surprising amount of friends who feed them

religion and it's related oppressions/exploitations

carob easter eggs

commoditization/exploitation of people/flora/fauna/etc regardless of known negative consequences

people who think they kids be special

people who write everything in lower case with little or no regard for punctuation or spelling

flame/skull tattoo's, stickers, etc

inspirational quotes

people who perpetuate the stereotype

jingoism

my own failings

harvey norman ad's

• leonleon 883 Posts
    pimlicosquirrel said:

people who think they're kids are special

or no regard for punctuation or spelling

my own failings

Right...

• leon said:
    pimlicosquirrel said:

people who think they're kids are special

people who write everything in lower case with little or no regard for punctuation or spelling

my own failings

Right...

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

• Duderonomy said:

willy burroughs works at your post office?

This doesn't really annoy the crap out of me but it does make me cringe when i see someone post a photo with someone and they caption it "___ and myself" instead of using ME.

http://www.elearnenglishlanguage.com/difficulties/memyself.html

learn about it!

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    people using "begging the question" incorrectly all the fucking time

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    DJ's that play pre-1995 music & barely have any records.

&

Vinyl fetishists (most of whom look down on Serato & company) that flaunt the fact that they play all vinyl yet most of the records they play are reissues, bootlegs, &/or compilations.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    ost said:
    DJ's that play pre-1995 music & barely have any records.

&

Vinyl fetishists (most of whom look down on Serato & company) that flaunt the fact that they play all vinyl yet most of the records they play are reissues, bootlegs, &/or compilations.

i hate this especially that we go see them beause of said false advertisement

100% vinyl..african funk and soul = 100% nigeria comps

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Shop notices like this (Toronto-related). The owner is even more of a charmer than his sign suggests...

pcmr said:
    ost said:

i hate this especially that we go see them beause of said false advertisement

100% vinyl..african funk and soul = 100% nigeria comps

this is like that feeling you get when you go to an expensive restaurant and they serve you some sub-par dish that you think "I could've made this at home for free"