TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    I'm on linked-in, but do not use it or take it seriously.
    Feel free to link.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Ha, brilliant name L*o.

There were 5 dudes with your govt name but none sporting your unique look.

Shears too.
    Both tomorrow will be linked.

So three in total.
    Where's the canuck bredren at?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I'm game to expand my linked in into new markets. Don't think there will be too many with my name in London but will send link via PM anyway.

Also, does anyone else find the "insert name" has viewed your profile thing a bit creepy? I need to find out how to turn it off as it always conjures up a mix of feeling dirty and disappointment that I obviously didn't fit the bill due to no subsequent contact.

Knowing who's viewed you can be a bit strange. Noticed that the last person to view my profile was a girl I was seeing a few months ago...

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    I'd better stop clicking on the profiles of birds-with-previously-un-named-faces at work, then.

Unless they clicked on me...

"She was asking for it, your honour etc."

Yeah not sure how it works - sometimes I get the name and sometimes it's just "a linkedin member" which is kind of more unsettling (free vs paid perhaps?). Not actually that bothered about people seeing me snoop about, just need to stop the emails telling me about who's been poking around my profile page.

Mind you, a friend of mine had an awkward moment recently when he clicked on a pretty picture only to then be bombarded by the person with enthusiastic emails about how they're so happy to have been noticed and how they'd love a job etc etc.

Nah, the 'who looked' thing is a gas.

I will admit to very occasional naughties via this route

And yes, exes do look a dude or dudette up

Go premium to hide yoself

Thing is, the most successful dudes I know in my game use this thing relentlessly; and the the non-users tend to be the real deadwood. It's worth doing what you can to emulate the habits of achievers, IMHO.

Yeah I see a great deal of truth in that statement. Personally only finally getting round to fleshing out my details and contacts a bit more as the hunt for new places of employment begins to gather steam and can already see the advantages of having a visible profile on the site. Next up is the CV which is going to be a painful process if ever there was one.

skel said:
    Go premium to hide yoself

Seems a bit steep, no? ??12.95 a month over the free version? Or is that just my small-minded, thirteen-nicker-is-a-lot-on-the-council-estate, likkle dude has no tax dodge to cover it, mindset? Dress for the job you want, not the one you have, even on the internets?

Maybe 'pon the professional social networks, but freal, man not rocking a whistle for the Strut. Not while Richie Rock can come as a pro-wrestler on Halloween.

skel said:
    It's worth doing what you can to emulate the habits of achievers, IMHO.

Yes. Although I have to draw the line at shitting on people, backstabbing, slamming doors in faces, lying to faces, bullying, sabotaging the work of others and making sure it's all about me, me, me. I would be dissing myself. The above attributes enable most of our client's staff to represent a real-life set of Top Trumps "Wankstains".

Can I still be a decent human being and feature on the barometer of "Achievement"? Or is it striklee how well you fit inside the stencil of a "Dragons Den X Alan Sugar" mashup?

• come on you lot, every one knows all you need is a good introduction page.....

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    "I want to feel again"

the man speaks for all us.

ppadilha said:
    "I want to feel again"

the man speaks for all us.

Me more than most
    Rhktd

B/w
    The fuck is going on at Forest?
    Jimster to speak on it

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts

skel said:
    Forest?

Word around the campfire was that Sean O'Driscoll was a makeweight until Alex McLeish became available.

McLeish was after a few players in the window and had his hands tied by the owners, apparently. Then his main target Chris Burke scored twice (for Brum, thus his old club taking revenge). I guess he spoke his mind with the owners and was offered the plank.

That ex-Saints manager or Roy Keane are being lined up according to the mill. I find it odd myself as Nottingham man has nuff hatt for Keano after him jumping to Un*ted BITD, thus heralding in a slow descent out of the payola of the Prem, into championship mediocrity.

Apropos of nothing, this made me laugh:

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Simon Le Bon seen here researching the role of Sir Hoxtonley Trustfund-Pisswhistle in the forthcoming Guy Ritchie-helmed Bullingdon Club biopic, "Cunts."

Lollers

Is there any Duran heat?

Planet Earth resides in my iTunes somewhere.
    Ex-gf 80s fond remembrance-R

Sneaking admiration for that synth line in Say A Prayer.
    And er...that's it.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    Simon Le Bon seen here researching the role of Sir Hoxtonley Trustfund-Pisswhistle in the forthcoming Guy Ritchie-helmed Bullingdon Club biopic, "Cunts."

Here I was hoping he was doing a much lesser sequel to Bronson. Tom Hardy can't handle the Reflex...

Not feeling his wife's chin. Looks slightly... Jaded these days.

Unlike our good selves (kisses imaginary bicep or somesuch).

skel said:
    Is there any Duran heat?

Girls on Film. If only for the white suzzys.
    Rio. If only for the bassline.
    Band jumped the shark with "The Reflex".

Thus marked the end of any significant Brit flashmobbing of the US Charts.

Bros chiselled the gravestone of British pop.

You know it was all S.A.W. and Sesam-Eees-Treat after that. DENY IT AT YOUR PERIL.

There will be no invasion of Adeles.

We are due a benign reappraisal of SAW.

Over the years I have come to appreciate the immaculate craft, the economy of instrumentation, the clarity of production, the melodies honed to perfection, the climactic build to the release of the chorus.

Only churls can deny the superlative commoditisation of the musical process that they represent.

NGGYU: that's my shit right there. No joke.

skel said:
    NGGYU: that's my shit right there.

Srs, this was a 24-carat pop anthem. Ubiquity was their downfall. Although +1 for "The Hitman and Her", Micheala has wandered the path of the PMG from time to time.

Vrai tetes will be familiar with this:

Yes, that Mandy Smith.

Mike Stock does the fretwork. PW was the hypeman. Not sure about the other one. Counted the money?

I feel this thread is entering a territory that I am not yet ready to explore.

You bragged you weren't scared.
    You were tall enough to take the ride.
    You took a seat in the rear car.
    Now you cannot get off.
    Not until the ride is over.

That regular dancing dude in the white wig got the girl with the biggest t*ts in our school preggers.

FACT.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Junior said:
    I feel this thread is entering a territory that I am not yet ready to explore.

I have little to no idea whats going on in here anymore & what's a LinkedIn.. is it like facebok for upwardly mobile types?
    If the internet is a game then I'm definitely loosing. Although, I would like it noted that I wasn't clear on the rules and didn't know we'd actually started playing. Can we just reset and everybody starts again?

I does has a facebook tho, Marc Okem, with a mighty 4 (make that 5, ah-yeh) friends, I presume J.J is you Jim? You're all welcome to friend me on there, but I dont use it. An old flatmate moved back to America and it seemed like a good way to keep in contact but I can't be bothered with it.

Make yourself a Linkedin account. Get "connected" to serious career types... and then write ridiculous "recomends" for them that will sabotage any moves they might try %-P
    I don't really do social media like this either, but it's low maintenance.

I found with LinkedIn that once you get a decent # connections, let's say 100, you start to get their connections randomly hitting you up for advice, meets, excellent career moves, sharing intros to the real players in your field.
    And all the while, of course, avoiding that whole OMG did you see Enders type crap you get on FB.

I deactivated the FB account on 01/01, best move made in a long minute. FB is for bored housewife girlie gangs who need ((((e-hugs)))) and are doomed to a life of spiralling down the wormhole of existential ennui.
    And they ALWAYS call each other babe and choose the worst head-on-shoulder photo imaginable.

Although possibly that's a homage to the Richard 1 skeleton crate-dig find.