TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,895 Posts
    The endorsements are but one button-click away. May as well be automatic. Like Muttley's medals, they look good but they carry all the weight of Callista Flockhardt's shadow.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    GatorToof said:
    Junior said:
    GatorToof said:
    Skel, have you considered volunteering to drive disable elders to church? It can be difficult for them to find transportation at a reasonable rate. They usually insist on using their own vehicle in case someone runs into the car. That would probably look magnanomous with the "girly" and her mum, too.

Touchy subject GT, Skel is banned from being within 100 metres of many of London's places of worship.

Srsly?
    I wish I could come out and see you all in London. Yens seem like quite the crew.

I once inadvertently left a sports bag on the steps of St Paul's, and it caused a bomb scare that shut the City area down for half a day.
    Late 70s IRA-R

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    skel said:
    DOR
    You got my back, right?

I wish I could. I refuse to get on there.

Let me buy first and last round when I make my way across the pond to make up for this.

• skel said:
    GatorToof said:
    Junior said:
    GatorToof said:
    Skel, have you considered volunteering to drive disable elders to church? It can be difficult for them to find transportation at a reasonable rate. They usually insist on using their own vehicle in case someone runs into the car. That would probably look magnanomous with the "girly" and her mum, too.

Touchy subject GT, Skel is banned from being within 100 metres of many of London's places of worship.

Srsly?
    I wish I could come out and see you all in London. Yens seem like quite the crew.

I once inadvertently left a sports bag on the steps of St Paul's, and it caused a bomb scare that shut the City area down for half a day.
    Late 70s IRA-R

Let me guess, you had weather reports and forecasts in the bag?

WMIC

I'll remember this selfish shitshow whilst making small talk talmbout my daughter this my daughter that with some menopausal fiddy something and picking over the glazed honey roast carrots and horseburger at chez Jamie O

Bastards

::wink::

• i'm 249. if this enterprise goes pear-shaped i'm holding you responsible for every ex girlfriend that finds me through this.

• By a strange coincidence a Linkedin invitation from an old colleague managed to get into my inbox last week (I was sure I'd blocked all that shit). Don't know if I can bring myself to sign up though. My career lows don't need to be trawled over by anyone.

vintageinfants said:
    i'm 249. if this enterprise goes pear-shaped i'm holding you responsible for every ex girlfriend that finds me through this.

Thanks J!

249. So close. Who will be Teh One, the money shot, the happy ending?
    Who will it be? So exciting.

Not Neil.

J i m s t e r said:
    The endorsements are but one button-click away. May as well be automatic. Like Muttley's medals, they look good but they carry all the weight of Callista Flockhardt's shadow.

We're missing a trick here. Let's get Jugaad and finesse LinkedIn.

Endorsements are worthless but recommendations have currency.

Write your own, ping it to me and I'll repackage it as an external recommend from a satisfied punter.

Win.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    neil_something said:
    By a strange coincidence a Linkedin invitation from an old colleague managed to get into my inbox last week (I was sure I'd blocked all that shit). Don't know if I can bring myself to sign up though. My career lows don't need to be trawled over by anyone.

I assumed that people used LinkedIn like a CV - bump up the good bits, glaze over the parts of your adult life where you shared your full time job environment with students doing summer work.

I spent five precious minutes endorsing people for whatever popped up in the prompt window yesterday. Finally gave up when I realised that the game had no final boss to it - just a never ending loop. It did get more fun though when I started playing God on who got what endorsed.

I think the game is to NOT endorse man like Yada for shit like teleporting aliens and stuff.

I mean.. PROVE IT. I think I blessed him with electron microscopy, doe. Sounds like how dey roll at Hox-ford.

I am tempted to put Dragonslaying on there, just to see if someone bites.

I want to endorse Yadda Yadda for knitting Heatwave sweaters.

How to go about this?

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Mmm, knitting is exactly the kind of detail that adds enough authenticity to my resume that Dragonslaying won't raise an eyebrow.

Make it so.

And thanks all for the RW connecting, and apologies for dragging dudes into the LinkedIn spider hole.

Uhhh, what is "Flow Cytometry" anyway? Other LinkedIn people with that are Professors, CEOs etc. Does it involve other people's money?

Duderonomy said:
    Uhhh, what is "Flow Cytometry" anyway?

It sounds rap-R

Yadda is a Professor of Rap.
    Why not?

Edit: I just endorsed you for Knitting

I looked for 'Pimping', but the nearest thing I could see was 'Procurement' though I'm guessing that's for something else.
    I did see 'Swaps' in your list though S**ve - record-R?

YES

B/w

NO
    Some destructive financial instrument that helped bring the current economic woe down on us all. But at least I know why.

Right, tonight. Predictions.

Real 2, Teh Poo 1

Watching from the sanctity of bar stool in the Wine Tun.
    Confession: did not know Essien plays for RM.
    Disconnected.

Just popped onto LinkedIn to endorse L*o's expertise in Pearl stitch only to bombarded by a plethora of new endorsements from Le* and J*m. God bless you both.
    Now in two minds what to do regarding adding them to my profile as am about to use the page to help me find a job that is either less soul destroying or pays nearer the market rate. I do actually have expertise in all these generalised areas but will having a profile with 50 items only endorsed by The Master Of The Universe At Oxford University hinder or help my employment prospects?

Srsly, send me some ringing endorsement you want to portray and I'll upload it.
    Because people trust the word of bankers, AM I RIGHT

Ok sounds good to me, will get on the ego stroking tip later.

*eo, have added some new ones. You do know about Fear of Flying, Birth and Shapewear don't you?

As for football, I'd take 2-1 away from home though get the feeling that our best hope of progressing is to stealth attack tonight and come away from the Bernabeu with at least a point as having to go on the all out attack at home against them will no doubt end in tears.
    Don't fancy the chances but makes a nice change to go in as underdogs.

Plans to watch it in pub have been scuppered by the arrival in the home of a lost kitten. As other half is working expect evening will be spent checking phone for calls from real owner, calculating limit on investment while ownership is up in the air, stopping the kitten decapitating itself on our pet unfriendly kitchen while trying to catch some of the match on webstream.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    skel said:
    Right, tonight. Predictions.

Real 2, Teh Poo 1

Watching from the sanctity of bar stool in the Wine Tun.
    Confession: did not know Essien plays for RM.
    Disconnected.

Madrid had a tough time against Borussia Dortmund and Man Citeh at home, I think Man Utd can pull something off. Crazy to think that City were 10 minutes away from a famous victory at the Bernabeu, then it turns out that was the only 80 minutes of proper football they played during the whole competition.

I'll say 2-2, hoping the Nu Galacticos meltdown comes sooner rather than later.

Yes, Essien plays for them. It's a shame the injuries messed him up so much, he was a beast when he was in top form. They also have Kak??, remember him? He might be on the bench today, if Mourinho doesn't pick Callejon ahead of him...

Junior said:
    added some new ones. You do know about Fear of Flying, Birth and Shapewear don't you?

I'm wearing a man-corset as I type this
    Fear of flying is actually pretty accurate... not on some BA Baracus levels, but I don't really enjoy it and it does make me nervous.

Junior said:
    I do actually have expertise in all these generalised areas but will having a profile with 50 items only endorsed by The Master Of The Universe At Oxford University hinder or help my employment prospects?

C'mon, I'll write you a reference for your next job too. You'll be a shoe-in :cheese:

I tried to endorse a friend with Photosynthesis, Mime, and Adult Toys, but I think he actually finds LinkedIn useful.

Think tonight's game will be a boring 1-1.
    Which would be a good result for Manure. Essien was a surprise when I first saw him there. Had assumed he was still on the physio's at Chelsea.

skel said:
    Srsly, send me some ringing endorsement you want to portray and I'll upload it.
    Because people trust the word of bankers, AM I RIGHT

Has man buks the 250 mark doe? Has he doe?

Saving that denouement for tomorrow at the death deadline.

Finger-tame lad at work ready to press the buttons at 4.30

Cue red Indian style circular skanking, imaginary tomahawk and all of that holler-with-hand-on-then-off-mouth thing going on.

Duderonomy said:

Spot on! Hope you had a few quid on.

B/w

::happy day::

skel said:
    Duderonomy said:

Spot on! Hope you had a few quid on.

No, I should've, but weirdly enough my perma-drunk landlord stuck a couple of quid on at 15/2 for the same result. Jammy bastard.
    Was quite a decent game actually, nice header from Ronaldo, and an amazing kung-fu kick save from De Gea later on to keep it even.

For the same reasons given above I was almost hoping you lost so you'd have to go through with the forfeit, and then of course recount your misery on teh Strut :wow:

I have offered in fact. The mother is quietly cute, but the ramifications of ending up as de facto FIL to one of my staff are too horrendous.

As is the alternative of blap n go, should there be a mutual frisson.

Most likely outcome: shit n giggles over a nice meal. Conditional on work girl attending. I hasten to add, the mom be unknowing of this bet. Work girl thinks "you two are made for each other".

::eye roll::

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    let's say you were the Hugh Grant in this romantic comedy you are describing, would the mother be closer to Elizabeth Hurley or to Dame Judi Dench?

skel said:
    I have offered in fact. The mother is quietly cute, but the ramifications of ending up as de facto FIL to one of my staff are too horrendous.

I dunno, think of the leverage potential!